Dextery & Spirit Material

_Shui - Harshlands
_Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
How can I farm dextery and spirit material for OHT gears?
Something about card bosses but I really have no clue how it works.
Post edited by _Shui - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    SEARCH THE FORUM, Check out this guide about Card Boss > http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=489272
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You collect 8x cards,(right ones, every boss got their own set of cards) go to the correct instance and activate the quest from Summonobot. Boss spawns, you kill it, pick up the materials.
    You get those cards by killing mobs in OHT.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, never did it by myself. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You collect 8x cards,(right ones, every boss got their own set of cards) go to the correct instance and activate the quest from Summonobot. Boss spawns, you kill it, pick up the materials.
    You get those cards by killing mobs in OHT.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, never did it by myself. :)

Basically that's correct. Farm the mobs in the 4th OHT map (I forgot what it's called) for those cards.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Moonshade Desert is 4th map. Rough place to farm though. Easy to die there if you're not OP and careful, and you have to wait 5 minutes to get back in if you die and have to release.

If you have a good stock of Mystical Tome Fragments, you can exchange 2 of them for 1 card at the Land Elder on OHT (same guy who will exchange a card set for the record that lets you summon a card boss.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those cards drop in the 2nd 3rd and 4th map not just the 4th, but its easier just to buy mtf's at 1k for 20k each untill 2x arrives. At that price it will cost around 80coins per pstone If you farm the other Items needed to make OHT gear. I think I averaged 48 mat drops per card boss during 2x. I still have 1k neck to make, a friend of mine could make 4-5k of them if she wanted b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mtf at 1k ? whats that ?

The card bosses drop between 15 and 25 mats or so. Its different per boss.

As far as i know, the fragments to make cards costs 100k a piece so if you dont farm them, it would cost you 1.6m per boss card. Not profitable.....

Tears of heaven dont need any such mats to be converted into OHT items. Thats why they have highest market value. 25k or so.

Stone of the scarred go with stamina mats. Stamina mats are relativly easy to farm. Therefore the stone of scared are quite valuable at almost 10k market value.

leaf of unicorn go with one of the other mats. Those are harder to get, so leaf of unicorn has lowest market value at 4k or so.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those cards drop in the 2nd 3rd and 4th map not just the 4th, but its easier just to buy mtf's at 1k for 20k each untill 2x arrives. At that price it will cost around 80coins per pstone If you farm the other Items needed to make OHT gear. I think I averaged 48 mat drops per card boss during 2x. I still have 1k neck to make, a friend of mine could make 4-5k of them if she wanted b:chuckle

He specifically asked about dexterity and spirit, which means only OHT4 (Moonshade Desert).

OHT2 (Unicorn Forest) - Card bosses drop ~16 power materials
    OHT3 (Valley of the Scarred) - Card bosses drop ~24 stamina materials
    OHT4 (Moonshade Desert) - Card bosses drop either ~8 spirit or ~4 dexterity materials, depending on which boss (twice as many card bosses here)

OHT4's cards are a royal pain to farm, so if you want an OHT weapon, don't be looking to make them for profit or for pstone sales. It's a mistake.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I assume it requires a squad to kill the cardbosses?
    If so Im screwed cuz ppl on Harshlands barely know about OHT...

I could multiclient my Archer and my 100 Cleric but not sure if that will do it.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Some card bosses are soloable. Others (because of debuffs, stuns, severe mana drain) aren't really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get cards from maps 1, 2, 3 and 4 (8 cards of the same boss, each mob drops at most 4 different cards). bring those cards to some kind of elder in Old Heaven's Tear, take a sort of token from him. For example if its bewitched doll you trade 8 bewitched doll cards for a sort of bewitched doll token. Each boss resides in a different instance of the game, if its bewitched doll for example, go to TT 3-3 after Deathflow down the blowing hands and look for a sort of spectral armour hidden in a wall to the right, Sumonobot XL is the name. Take the quest, kill the boss,the bitsh will drop lotsa dexterity material b:bye
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    There are no cards from map 1. Cards for 4 different bosses drop in map 2, cards for another 4 bosses from mobs in map 3, and cards for a final 8 bosses drop in map 4.

Bewitched Doll is by Colluseast, not Deathflow, and drops stamina material, not dexterity material; you're thinking of Crystal Terror.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Tee-hee, finally people to play with !
    You're hurting me ! b:chuckle
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    mtf at 1k ? whats that ?
    As far as i know, the fragments to make cards costs 100k a piece so if you dont farm them, it would cost you 1.6m per boss card. Not profitable.....
    You exit HV at 1k, there are almost always catshops buying them that just want to dump them. It also depends on the server, I have seen them sell from 40-100k on RT. I generally farm the bosses in eden which drop around 48 mats +/- during 2x. Even if you buy the MTF@ 100k and all the oht necks you make are only 2 star(which we know wont happen) thats 2.1m in future profit selling ps at 1k each. Even more if you hold on them for a bit till the price goes back up. That gives alot of wiggle room even if you make a few gold's or 3 stars, and the good 3 stars you can catshop away at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    But 1.6 -> 2.1 is not worth it imo, and i think you didnt even include the value of the stones of scared. Not wanting to make pennies, espescially not with all the work it takes to process everything.

Farming cards is so easy though. run, armageddon, repeat. Makes 40 cards per hour or so during 2x. so that saves out on 8m. And i farm bosses in TT because i want to farm TT anyways.

The whole pstone thing i got a bit tired of though. Now i try to just sell the stamina mats in my catshop for 45k a piece. Its not going fast but they'll probably be gone before the next 2x.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    But 1.6 -> 2.1 is not worth it imo, and i think you didnt even include the value of the stones of scared. Not wanting to make pennies, espescially not with all the work it takes to process everything.

Farming cards is so easy though. run, armageddon, repeat. Makes 40 cards per hour or so during 2x. so that saves out on 8m. And i farm bosses in TT because i want to farm TT anyways.

The whole pstone thing i got a bit tired of though. Now i try to just sell the stamina mats in my catshop for 45k a piece. Its not going fast but they'll probably be gone before the next 2x.
    a 2.1m profit is 1.6 to 3.7 incase you over looked that. I did not include the value of stone of the scared as they are 100% farmable as with the other items needed to make oht necks. I was just using your 100k figure as an example. In reality the profit margin is quite greater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    not counting stones of the scared because they are farmable b:shocked

Sure, lets not count the whole cost of my G16 gear including shards and refines. Its all farmable. Stones of scared one of the most coveted items in PWI economy because stamina mats are so easy to get and the stones of scared come in such a little quantities. People are offering their soul to buy them. But you dont count them because they are farmable b:surrender
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    not counting stones of the scared because they are farmable b:shocked

Sure, lets not count the whole cost of my G16 gear including shards and refines. Its all farmable. Stones of scared one of the most coveted items in PWI economy because stamina mats are so easy to get and the stones of scared come in such a little quantities. People are offering their soul to buy them. But you dont count them because they are farmable b:surrender

not only do they drop in 3-x and HV they are a reward from a daily in oht so yes they are 100% farmable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    ok.....

I know where they drop. I farm a lot of TT. Once in a while, i use all those mats to make pstones.

Still, i have like 1000 stamina mats because they come so much easier than scarred. And i also have the cards to make a few 1000 more stamina mats next 2x.
    I so wish i had the stones of scared to go with them.

We may have different ways of looking at the value of farmable stuff. There is a whole list of things that i can do to make about 2m per hour or more:
    -FW
    -AEU
    -TT
    -Cube
    -Boss card farming

So i value my time worth 2m per hour. How many stones of scared can you farm in one hour ? I dont think i even want to know what value that would make them.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    I save them. 10 mats a day add's up after a while. Add in the random tt and hv squads its even more. When i farmed the coin for my r9 gear i had so many oht mats it took me over a year to get rid of them b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]