How much does r9 really cost?

Options
Arrowwz - Sanctuary
Arrowwz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I'm thinking about farming the coin for it and so far i've got 4 gst. I want the ring, belt and top for a cleric.
Post edited by Arrowwz - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm thinking about farming the coin for it and so far i've got 4 gst. I want the ring, belt and top for a cleric.

I dont know about your personal order BUT - Ive heard it estimated for basic R9 (full set) is 1 billion coin.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I dont know about your personal order BUT - Ive heard it estimated for basic R9 (full set) is 1 billion coin.

depends, full r9 price is 1500 golds, depending on sales, can get down to 750 golds i guess?
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    depends, full r9 price is 1500 golds, depending on sales, can get down to 750 golds i guess?

Thank you, I hadnt thought that far ahead. Pick your time to buy your golds/mats and it could be half price, awesome! b:victory
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

And if you continuously charge to shard/refine it, this will be over 2,000 in currency.

The killer is the weapon. That's about 500 by itself. Unfortunately, forgoing the weapon to cut cost will render you a weak set, as R9 is nothing without it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

^ pretty much o.o and summerwind tokens are quite cheap (27mil on my server at the moment I think) so saving money and getting it on a good sale is your best bet.
    Refines can come from tisha/tienkang from event gold and shards from morai. Won't be super endgame material but still decent for its price.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

And if you continuously charge to shard/refine it, this will be over 2,000 in currency.

The killer is the weapon. That's about 500 by itself. Unfortunately, forgoing the weapon to cut cost will render you a weak set, as R9 is nothing without it.

once its all made to 3rd stage ( omen, r9rr, r9purrrr, r9t3, OP git costume or w/e u call it ) the weapon dose not count towards set bonus and with g16 t3 weapon/warsoul you'll still be pretty beastly just not quite as beastly as some1 with weapon refines/shards i belive pass over betwn r9 and r9r only need either replacing or use of items to carryin into final stage
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    To be fair about 'having to have the full set for the bonuses, or else it's just nothing'.

I've seen plenty of people who use mix gear, TT99, T2, R9(r[r]), T3. And when I look at their gear piece by piece it becomes apparent they rolled a mix for Tanking power.

The R9, or R9r, or R9rr Legs for BM have the same -.05 interval that T2 leggings have. I've seen some APS BMs with this and it's obvious they rolled it for tanking power
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    uhh you mean barbs/archers?

BM pants do not have -int unless I've been living in another world and this is a magical dream world I was teleported to
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ring and belt are 3 MoG and 32 GST each, top is 2 MoG and 14 GST. In total, that makes 8 MoG and 78 GST. At current off-sale prices, MoG are 20 gold each in bundles of 5 and I'm too lazy to calculate the price of GSTs but my Excel spreadsheet tells me they're 4 gold each so that is what I will assume.

With those prices, the ring, belt, and top will run you 472 in gold, not counting the rep needed to equip those pieces. I'm not sure how much that costs on your server, though.

Full R9 is about 1500 gold normally, but if you wait for a sale it can be much less, though still a major pocket burner.

Depends on the gold prices of the server. On LC, a full basic r9 set can go up to 2.4 billion coins, but that's because our gold prices hover around 1.8mil-2mil these days.
  • bigchewy
    bigchewy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    To be fair about 'having to have the full set for the bonuses, or else it's just nothing'.

I've seen plenty of people who use mix gear, TT99, T2, R9(r[r]), T3. And when I look at their gear piece by piece it becomes apparent they rolled a mix for Tanking power.

The R9, or R9r, or R9rr Legs for BM have the same -.05 interval that T2 leggings have. I've seen some APS BMs with this and it's obvious they rolled it for tanking power

Im a full r9rr BM, where's my -int pants?!? b:cry
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Wrong, only Archers and Barbs r9 got -0,05 int on pants and -0,1 int on the wrist...all other classes don't get -int at all.

But yeah^^ I for a barb use the r9rr belt, leggins and wrists and ofc the weapon while having a double -int r8r chest and r8r Boots (: works fine for me ^.^ I couldn't care less about those 30 att and 25 def level.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Back in the days there were periods when GST (chip packs) were not in boutique. Bought a bunch of GST, sold a bunch when they were out of boutique at like double the price. Got R9 in like 2 sales.

Then again back in the days some got to farm MoGs with DQ too...The established players with a healthy stash of stuff when R9 first came out got it the cheapest. Was cheaper than Nirvana 2nd cast back then.

PWI should get rid of R9 in boutique at least periodically lol...wtf is with this continuous sale.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    But yeah^^ I for a barb use the r9rr belt, leggins and wrists and ofc the weapon while having a double -int r8r chest and r8r Boots (: works fine for me ^.^ I couldn't care less about those 30 att and 25 def level.

Lul squishy barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
This discussion has been closed.