Options
2»

Comments

• Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ogunernile wrote: »
    I have a lot of toons and as i have begun to unlock the meridian system on them all i have come to realize one thing. They are crapping on clerics again. Why do clerics, as casters, need a bonus to physical attack? The physical attack damage is based on magic attack like it is for seekers whose magic attack is based on their physical attack. Wouldn't those bonus points be better used on magic attack? or physical def? i dunno it is already apparent PWI dislikes making clerics viable end game toons, but do you have to keep the trend going with the new additions as well? i mean seriously what gives? or am i seeing this wrong? what do you think?

Post Edit: i reviewed my wizard progression, seems all casters are getting scammed. who the hell thought of this inane point allotment system for casters? >:0

you you pathetic no-live trolls i am asking for possible theories. not complaining about something you get for free. i thought the logic behind the point allotment was askew and i still do. though some of the more intelligent responses have given me something to think about. the rest of you go troll another page please and leave room for intelligent convo.

This title of your thread says it all, and the wording of your posts makes it abundantly clear that this is not a call to discussion, this is an unjustified complaint. Don't call people trolls just because they don't agree with you. The fact that people have even told you that its because magic users have physical attacks and melee users have absolutely no magic attacks seems to be irrelevant to your perception (or desire) of what the meridian should be. On top of that it has also been said that the added physical attack has absolutely no bearing on the mag attack bonus, meaning magic classes that aren't venos are getting a double bonus they technically don't even need, shat on indeed.

Now, if you do wish to have a discussion, the question you should be asking is should melees get a mag att bonus in their meridian? My answer. Sure, why not. They would have no way of using it, but NOT giving it to casters would be unfair as times do call for them to use their phys attacks and they would not be getting the corresponding bonus that meridian is supposed to give, meaning that in these (rare) situations melee classes would be the clear winners of the meridian tree. It would be even worse for venos. Fox skills are already underpowered as they do base physical + set skill damage that was balanced for the 2008 version of the game and the fox skills weren't even touched in the last round of balancing acts. Not giving them both phys att and mag att would harm that entire half of the veno skill set even more.

To get right to the point. The addition of physical attack doesn't make magic users any more powerful than they were before, (save for maybe that pole axe wielding cleric, but he probably really needs it anyway) and the lack of magic attack on melees doesn't make them any weaker for each point of phys attack mag users get. It is actually a surprisingly well balanced system and I wish PWE/Wanmei would make more in game content like it.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    casters get 100 mag multipliers, the least stats needed to wield gear, and now get bonus stats from meridians. wtf are you complaining about?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    you silly little girl...that's exactly why i killed you on my 2r9 seeker when you were 3r9. you are not creative at all. one instance where a person would put metal damage shards would be to effectively debuff phys imm mobs so that mag classes can do more damage with seeker debuffs. as far as a magic class doing it that wouldn't be my choice but people have creative ideas that dont always go with the norm. now once again...you pathetic no-live trolls i am asking for possible theories. not complaining about something you get for free. i thought the logic behind the point allotment was askew and i still do. though some of the more intelligent responses have given me something to think about. the rest of you go troll another page please and leave room for intelligent convo.

... What?

English, please, I'm afraid I don't speak "Word"-Vomitese. And if you want possible theories it might be best to refrain from insulting people in broken English.

Anyway, there is no real reason for any caster class to get a bonus to P. Attack, except for venos, as stated before. P. Attack does not in any way affect a cleric's Plume Shot or Razor Feathers damage... and as I'm typing this there are clerics with garnets in their weapons running around, aren't there? b:infuriated

But if we're complaining about things casters get that have no logic to them, I'm going to bring up Frostblade. And Emberstorm. And Tactical Reversion. And -QQ erased for brevity-.
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ty thrieya and kismet for adding to the discussion. i am not calling the inane trolls because of them disagreeing. rather for the lack of substance in their argument. you both have differing view but took time to express why you feel that way without resorting to insults. that's all i wanted. thank you. again, more food for thought.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Personally, I don't see any reason to complain about this. At least, comparing between a sin and a wiz, at GV 4 on the second round in the Meridian, the wizard gets 57 additional M. Atk and P. Atk, while the sin gets 40 additional P. Atk, and of course, 0 additional M. Atk, at the same node. Admittedly, there's a difference of two levels between the chars I'm using to check.

If these numbers stay the same across all classes of a certain armour type, then clerics would also get more M. Atk. and P. Atk. than sins, in this example. If that's how you're going to calculate it, then in the end you're a beggar who, upon being given a pie and cookies, sees another beggar being given just cookies, and then complains because you think he's getting more cookies than you.

Long story made short: You're complaining for nothing.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    clerics not good at end game? are we playing the same game?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Clerics have physical attacks, Plume shot being first and foremost, but razor feathers as well, I'll take all the bonus patk that I can get especially when a BM thinks they know best and uses alter marrow magic charging in, or against groups of squishys (AA users) since they all tend to flock together.

So did you shard your weapon with Metal shards, garnets, or DoTs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Long story made short: You're complaining for nothing.

again i was confused as to why they did that. not complaining. you just totally glossed over what i said to you. i was being serious when i was thanking you before for a detailed explaination b:surrender
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i am building a 4aps LA cleric, patk add is good for me :P
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    not complaining.

<Looks at thread title>

Yeah, right.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    My cleric has 7k p.atk so I am not going to complain about a little bit extra that I can get for free along with the other stat increases. It is actually quite satisfying meleeing someone to death with my glaive in NW or open map pk b:victory
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    again i was confused as to why they did that. not complaining. you just totally glossed over what i said to you. i was being serious when i was thanking you before for a detailed explaination b:surrender

So, if you're not complaining, then what are you doing? And if I'm not providing a detailed explanation, in the two paragraphs before the line you quoted, then what am I doing?

Though truth be told, I'm not even sure what kind of detailed explanation you're asking for, or what kind of discussion you want. A discussion on why clerics get P. Attack in the Meridian system? There's no reason for it to happen, and giving clerics P. Attack doesn't benefit them in any way. At least, not normal clerics. So I guess if you really want, you can say the P. Attack is meant to benefit weird clerics with special builds.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    kun-kun
    /thread

OP logic: herp derp, I get +phy attack that I don't need, better QQ about it and ask it to be removed and call the meridian system unfair for clerics
    you only purge once #yopo
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Meh...its free bonuses so I don't care. It's more than what I had without meridian.

This. ^^

Unbelievable how many General Discussion threads are about how PWI should make things easier, give me more stuff, stop charging money to keep the game going or redesign the game to make me OP above all others.

Go play. Or don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]