Please simply leave...

Brillance - Raging Tide
Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
How many dedicated players are there on PWI?

Do they feel they help the game by constantly telling other players to simply leave if there is something you dont like?

Someone surely has the figures of what would be left playing the game (or just sitting and chatting and trolling WC) if everyone who had a criticism, something they would like to see fixed, complaint or whatever simply did what they are constantly told - and simply left.

Im curious how many dedicated players would stay? What would be left?

What is the minimum amount of servers through merges the game can hold without deleted anyone's character?

How many people who spent the cash to wear the very best would simply leave, or even have already simply left?

If you only stay for friends, how many are left after simply leaving?

If you are a forum maven - do you type to see yourself type, and thats why your answer to everything that ticks YOU off is simply leave?

I see people thanking someone for all they have done for them - and then when someone types something they dont like, thats right, you guessed it, they tell them to simply leave, cause no one can do nothing, lol.

What is the intelligent point of everyone but their friends, simply leaving?

Inquiring minds REALLY wanna know. b:thanks
Post edited by Brillance - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've seen many r999 +12 left the game, cashshop or not.
    This game is simply not that good.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Well, I see you point. Ive known some that left too. Who knows. maybe someone told them to simply leave one time too many?

Does someone, some intity want everyone to simply leave?

Between the crazy updates that dont do what they claim they want them too -as an example, making small factions bid in 10 Million notes for TW, cause the big factions are complaining about fake bids, and then telling everyone that this is being done to somehow encourage small factions to TW more...um, okay. I'd love to see who sold that theory to someone else. But, anyway, can easily see why a lot of small factions simply close and leave.

If the big CSers are all that matters cool. But whats left of PWI if thats the case?

Who is stupid enough to continue to be easy kills for them, after constantly being told - like a spoiled child in the community sandbox - if you dont like something - simply leave?

No one seems to mind people telling others to simply leave. People have obviously been simply leaving for at least the past year and a half.

Isnt that the goal then, to get people to simply leave?
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's only once you start playing other F2P games that you realise that pwi is actually a pretty decent game when you have things to do. I have to admit that at end game there's really not whole lot and there are many things that could be improved. It's just that there is simply a lack of improvement and yet a continual constant addition of new things that inhibit this game from its true potential. We need all the bugs to be fixed, lag in events to come down and more expansions to be like Nation Wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited July 2013
    @ Bhavvy -

I agree with you totally. My first MMO was a browser based one that just released its 3rd edition. Honestly, it wouldnt surprise me if the same British creators also created this game. There are a lot of similarities between the 2, but I digress, lol. They are even so similar that both that one and this one seem to be ultra-easy to crack and ****.

After 5 years on that game, I discovered another that required new discs and massive downloads with every expansion. It was subscription based and after another 4 years on that one, I grew bored, and didnt like changes I saw coming, so I left and havent been back.

This game was suggested, and when I first started playing, although people still complained about it from the changes they had seen before I had even arrived, it seemed great. It only took 6 months to a year for me to start thinking like those who simply left before I even started to play, however.

I dont want to simply leave, but it really looks like those at the Head of the game want me to. I keep being told to.

That browser-based game was big on that too - simply leave. We dont care about your money (which is leaps and bounds different from the mentality expressed by this game). You dont like something, we dont want to know. We listen to a few, and dont want to hear you and those who think like you. Literally, millions of players simply left. They now have a Cash Shop too to try to make up for what that arrogant stance toward the hands that fed them, cost them.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But if I would simply leave, I wouldn't need to post about it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited July 2013
    But if I would simply leave, I wouldn't need to post about it. b:chuckle

Lol, excellent point. +1. Its your forum - hop to it. b:victory
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It takes more than telling someone to "simply leave" to actually drive them off - especially if the more dedicated ones. Those who are so easily swayed from that statement were probably already on their way out (hiatus or otherwise) because of other issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited July 2013
    It takes more than telling someone to "simply leave" to actually drive them off - especially if the more dedicated ones. Those who are so easily swayed from that statement were probably already on their way out (hiatus or otherwise) because of other issues.

Sure, thats reasonable. Like when the anti-climatic feeling of finally achieving R9 Blah Blah Blah sets in for some - that simply leave if you do like it is just the extra little push they needed to go.

But, how much more can PWI afford to see simply leave?

Likewise, Im sure there are others that will NEVER leave, or they will feel stupid for spending so much time and/or money on pixels - no matter how many times people tell them to simply leave.

Obviously, the simply leave tyraid works though. People have been simply leaving for a very long time now.

Some find there way back, when they dont know where else to go, but from my perspective people not only have been simply leaving for a very long time now, but many never arrive in the first place.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sure, thats reasonable. Like when the anti-climatic feeling of finally achieving R9 Blah Blah Blah sets in for some - that simply leave if you do like it is just the extra little push they needed to go.

But, how much more can PWI afford to see simply leave?

Likewise, Im sure there are others that will NEVER leave, or they will feel stupid for spending so much time and/or money on pixels - no matter how many times people tell them to simply leave.

Obviously, the simply leave tyraid works though. People have been simply leaving for a very long time now.

Some find there way back, when they dont know where else to go, but from my perspective people not only have been simply leaving for a very long time now, but many never arrive in the first place.
    I simply left, many of my friends simply left and I bet many people are happy I simply left (the game).You forget how wanmei does business. Make games faster than they can kill them. Simple as that.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know what, maybe if more people simply left, especially cash shoppers, when so critically dissatisfied with the service/responses, staff might see a severe dip in membership/income and perhaps go to more effort to satisfy community requests/grievances.

The only people I suggest to simply leave are the ones who just come around to say how much they think pwi sucks; which frankly loses its impact as a statement the more its said, and loses complete validity if the people who say it continue playing. The people who just troll the forums after quitting truly have no life, so their opinions are less than meaningful.

Honestly though, I've played a lot of mmos at this point, and PWi is still the one I like the most, in spite of its bugs n ****. This is definitely still a game worth playing, but it's not a game worth paying.
    edited July 2013
    Interestingly enough, and quite funny too - I was reading the forum for one of PWIs other games one day.

Complaints as usual. You know what they were being told as to the reason no one was fixing anything on that game?

Cause they have 5 devs working on PWI, but they will get to that game soon enough.

Um...really? 5 devs working on PWI right now?

Maybe there are, Idk. We have an expansion coming soon right - or are the Veno updates the expansion?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know what, maybe if more people simply left, especially cash shoppers, when so critically dissatisfied with the service/responses, staff might see a severe dip in membership/income and perhaps go to more effort to satisfy community requests/grievances.

The only people I suggest to simply leave are the ones who just come around to say how much they think pwi sucks; which frankly loses its impact as a statement the more its said, and loses complete validity if the people who say it continue playing. The people who just troll the forums after quitting truly have no life, so their opinions are less than meaningful.

Honestly though, I've played a lot of mmos at this point, and PWi is still the one I like the most, in spite of its bugs n ****. This is definitely still a game worth playing, but it's not a game worth paying.

Just gonna quote for truth.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited July 2013

Thanks for your post. You make a very good point too. It would be hard to deny something has not been managed right if everyone suddenly left - but then again, everyone suddenly has left too. Nothing new, or very little has come into the game, at least from my perspective, in a very long time.

Two years ago there were plenty of new players coming in - one year ago nothing. This year, maybe a drip and a drab. Okay, maybe I could be optimistic and call that an improvement. *shrugs*

For the people who troll the forums after leaving, they show they still care. They keep coming back looking for...something. People might not care, or want to hear them anymore, same-old, same-old and all that. But they ARE cash money obviously waiting for an excuse to play again.

I cant imagine they havent already seen a severe dip in income though.
    I simply left, many of my friends simply left and I bet many people are happy I simply left (the game).You forget how wanmei does business. Make games faster than they can kill them. Simple as that.

That's sad. If true then, I hope someone picks up this then dead game for cheap, and seriously exploits its brilliant potential.

I truely believe it could have been the best MMO ever, if the owner had a more caring attitude toward it. It just needs a little love. b:heart
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's sad. If true then, I hope someone picks up this then dead game for cheap, and seriously exploits its brilliant potential.

I truely believe it could have been the best MMO ever, if the owner had a more caring attitude toward it. It just needs a little love. b:heart

I agree, but that potentail isn't exploited. If they actually took an effort to fix the game. A lot of people would consider coming back.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As I have said before, in my 15 years of playing MMOs, there have been only two that were more buggy, where many bugs were addressed by the playerbase but fell on deaf ears with tech support. Those games didn't last, but they were also p2p.

Most games I've played the bugs were fixed quickly. Most updates went with few to no issues. I cannot say the same for PWI. Granted i enjoy the game for the most part, but again as i have said I get bored after level 100. I just create a new character.

My biggest issue is the imbalance created with r9/r9rr compared to the rest of what is available. While i can easily afford it, there is no way in hell I would as screwed up as this game tends to be. And with my work schedule, farming for it is out of the question.

I think as a f2p game, the cash shopping is what keeps a lot of people in the game due to the money they invested. F2P I personally think took MMOs in the wrong direction. Only reason I went with an MMO that was f2p is because my work schedule. Little did I know, if I wanted anything decent in this game, i had to buy Zen. I have personally spent a few grand on the game, but mainly trinkets, baubles, and buying nice gifts for friends. Not a big investment to keep me loyal.

The other issue is PWI is so endgame focused that the incentive for new players isn't really there. It's all about FC, and reaching the end as fast as possible. That for me does not make an enjoyable MMO.

There are several promising new MMOs on the horizon. Each one that interests me I will try, and once I find one that suits my needs, isn't run by Chinese (the eastern gamer is of a different mindset than most western), and actually has developers/technicians with the ability to fix the game, I will leave PWI and not look back. But for now, I bide my time with fingers crossed.
    I agree, but that potentail isn't exploited. If they actually took an effort to fix the game. A lot of people would consider coming back.

Unfortunately I think the damage has already been done. All MMOs have a finite "shelf life" and while I don't think PWI is dead yet, it is on the downward slope. How fast it rolls into oblivion now is anyone's guess. It is sad though. PWI did at one time have great potential, but Wanmei's greed and lack of caring basically shot PWI in the foot. And Wanmei not letting PWE fix problems with the game is deplorable.

I will say this, PWI will be the first and last game I play under the PWE umbrella, and I won't even look at another game Wanmei creates.

But having said that, if you still emphatically enjoy PWI, then by all means keep playing. Nothing wrong with that.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
    edited July 2013
    As I have said before, in my 15 years of playing MMOs, there have been only two that were more buggy, where many bugs were addressed by the playerbase but fell on deaf ears with tech support. Those games didn't last, but they were also p2p.

Most games I've played the bugs were fixed quickly. Most updates went with few to no issues. I cannot say the same for PWI. Granted i enjoy the game for the most part, but again as i have said I get bored after level 100. I just create a new character.

My biggest issue is the imbalance created with r9/r9rr compared to the rest of what is available. While i can easily afford it, there is no way in hell I would as screwed up as this game tends to be. And with my work schedule, farming for it is out of the question.

I think as a f2p game, the cash shopping is what keeps a lot of people in the game due to the money they invested. F2P I personally think took MMOs in the wrong direction. Only reason I went with an MMO that was f2p is because my work schedule. Little did I know, if I wanted anything decent in this game, i had to buy Zen. I have personally spent a few grand on the game, but mainly trinkets, baubles, and buying nice gifts for friends. Not a big investment to keep me loyal.

The other issue is PWI is so endgame focused that the incentive for new players isn't really there. It's all about FC, and reaching the end as fast as possible. That for me does not make an enjoyable MMO.

There are several promising new MMOs on the horizon. Each one that interests me I will try, and once I find one that suits my needs, isn't run by Chinese (the eastern gamer is of a different mindset than most western), and actually has developers/technicians with the ability to fix the game, I will leave PWI and not look back. But for now, I bide my time with fingers crossed.

One thing I liked when I first started playing PW was it reminded of when I first started playing my first MMO. Major lag, random DCs, I actually enjoyed them at first, as it took me back to a place of 'complete innocence' when it comes to gaming. Nostalgic if you will.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the topic. b:thanks
    Unfortunately I think the damage has already been done. All MMOs have a finite "shelf life" and while I don't think PWI is dead yet, it is on the downward slope. How fast it rolls into oblivion now is anyone's guess. It is sad though. PWI did at one time have great potential, but Wanmei's greed and lack of caring basically shot PWI in the foot. And Wanmei not letting PWE fix problems with the game is deplorable.

I will say this, PWI will be the first and last game I play under the PWE umbrella, and I won't even look at another game Wanmei creates.

But having said that, if you still emphatically enjoy PWI, then by all means keep playing. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with this too. Ive checked out other PWI games, and I havent found a single one that beats this one. If Wanmei cant see the forest for the trees, I also agree PWE should be able to clear those blockng branches out of the way for the benefit of the players.

Im not being stubborn and showing resentment by not being interested in them. They just dont seem to be offering me anything that captures my interest.
    edited July 2013
    One thing I liked when I first started playing PW was it reminded of when I first started playing my first MMO. Major lag, random DCs, I actually enjoyed them at first, as it took me back to a place of 'complete innocence' when it comes to gaming. Nostalgic if you will.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the topic. b:thanks

With MMOs it always seems to be "chasing the dream" of your first really good MMO experience. The first one I played is still in my opinion the best ever created. I played it for 8 years off and on, and other than a few resets, bugs/glitches that were quickly addressed, it was the most complex and enjoyable. It even changed the look with the North American seasons. It was fun, the playerbase was helpful, and even the high levels weren't acting like prepubescent twits.

Sadly as graphics improved in other games and my available time shortened, I left. Happily though the game is still going strong even after its release in late 1999.

Now i find myself chasing the dream again. I thought I had found it with PWI, but where I saw promise, it was corrupted by greed as well as a "me me me" attitude, in both the publisher, and the playerbase.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People are always saying "simply leave" or "stop QQ dafuq" if a new update messed up the game for yourself and you dare to tell them. Its actually pretty funny. The normal case is that the GMs update the game and WANT people to give Feedback. And if you do, all you get is "STOP QQ GMS ARE GODS"...
    Even after the GMs thanked you for giving feedback.

Im not playing PWI anymore because i cant. Some of the last updates made my PC crashing everytime my client is running. I send in tickets, but of course they couldnt help me. I was told to ask on the forum for help (lol)... I know PWE doesnt care for us, i know it wont get better but i love the game. It was always the same:

New update -> im so angry i refuse to keep on playing -> checking the forum while im "quitting" -> looking at other MMOs -> thinking about how much funnier PWI is -> Going back

I hope that someday, PWE will stop seeing PWI as a cow to melk money and give the responsibility to some new GMs who are actually caring for the players, and till that day i will not simply quit b:angry

BTW, im not talking about Wanmei. The chinese PW is not so cash-based as ours, even with the same updates.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -removed-
    On the topic majority of people that leave come back at some point, than they realize that they are far behind everyone and that it will take to much work and time to come back at the same point than other people, so they leave again, than come back and etc...

There's probably 10% and less that never come back when they leave.

I doubt the game will die anytime soon, people say that since day 1, but if they want to save it they need to fix the bugs and to stop making better and better gears. If I was totally a new players I would probably leave after a few weeks when realize that people got what they got after 3-4 years of farming or see people that play since 3-4years without having end game gears would make me think that game is too hard and expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited July 2013
    The chinese PW is not so cash-based as ours, even with the same updates.

Interesting point. I cant imagine it would be, unless something drastic has occurred and changed China so very much that the average Asian can afford the equivalent of $3K USD plus to waste on pixels, so they can fairly compete in the game.

I have a lot Asian neighbors, now. They ARE big on status symbols, and put a great deal of importance into their "luck" - but they are otherwise, rather frugal, and dont seem to waste money the way many Westerners naturally would.
    -removed-
    On the topic majority of people that leave come back at some point, than they realize that they are far behind everyone and that it will take to much work and time to come back at the same point than other people, so they leave again, than come back and etc...

Majority of people dont come back. I would be surprised to hear that someone who started playing on RT when I did, truely left then came back for good. Any rational human would know a subscription based game is at least rather fair to its players. If they come back on your server, Im happy for ya. Unfortunately, Ive invested too much of my real life budget on RT to even consider rerolling elsewhere at this point. I was thinking about trying to reroll on Morai, but in the end - its still the same game.

Maybe you have the luxury of living in a 'plastic bubble' of ever-ready 'friends' who have committed to PWI through a hefty personal investment. Again, may the gods bless and keep you all.

Maybe they could do something to bless and keep those like me as well? *shrugs*

There's probably 10% and less that never come back when they leave.

Im sorry, but I dont consider a two week layover between games really 'coming back'. b:chuckle We are entitled to differing opinions though.

I doubt the game will die anytime soon, people say that since day 1, but if they want to save it they need to fix the bugs and to stop making better and better gears. If I was totally a new players I would probably leave after a few weeks when realize that people got what they got after 3-4 years of farming or see people that play since 3-4years without having end game gears would make me think that game is too hard and expensive.

I can see the contribution of this last point. I see the truth of it. In fact, I would need a well-prepared script to try to convince one of my real life friends/co-works to try this game out. Im sure there are others who have the luxury to see the investment as a way to socialize amongst their economic class publicly (i.e. no big thingy, lol), but its not in any businesses best interest to slash and burn their way through what keeps them in business either. Thanks for the post. b:thanks
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sadly, it was the brilliance and hard work of Archosaur studios and the incredibly strong base game that has kept PWI afloat thus far. Wanmei couldn't care less about it, even though it remains one of their largest sources of income.

PWE on the other hand has been foolish not to take a stand against them earlier, especially since they want to advertise to western markets. The games they have ported over here and how they have handled their customer base has ruined the reputation of their company and there are many who won't touch another game PWE publishes, even if they have no hand in the development process. There are many PWE games that look like they may be interesting and fun to play, however being published by PWE (and some being developed by Wanmei) I know not to touch them with a 20ft pole.

Indeed people are leaving, but I don't think they are leaving because trolls tell them to go away, they are leaving because the future of this game looks more and more bleak. With every new expansion rumors fly about R94 and R10, as if the cash shoppers weren't OP enough, a basic equipped toon can't even do damage to them anymore. Combined with the utter lack of effort in the content updates that do come out (veno pets being the most recent disappointment to many) there just isn't anything left that holds their interest or doesn't make them feel like more than a target for Heavy CSers. I mean, look at it. Squad dynamics is dead, many high level mat dungeons can be farmed solo, there are pots that make people invincible and genies that remove their penalty, high geared players are one hitting each other, sins and BMs are attacking faster than the game can animate, and we have an instance that can make a lev 1 toon lev 100 in a matter of weeks if not days. This is no longer a quality MMO, this is an entitlement program where people with too much money and no lives can go and feel better about themselves.

In order to create hope for the game and possibly (POSSIBLY) get people to come back Wanmei would have to do a complete balance overhaul, something that more than likely is never going to happen because it will drive away the entitlement class, one of the few player classes that still gives them money. The only other alternative is to create some real new end and mid game content but the game is very large already and more than 70% of it currently remains unutilized due to that instance I mentioned earlier. Yes this game still holds promise and potential, yes it can still be saved, but given its age I don't think it would survive the hacking and slashing, the blood, the visceral ripping and the reconstructive surgery that would have to be involved.
    edited July 2013
    @ Kizmet -

I dont think its any one singular thing that is making people leave, but a culmination of several insignificant things that add up to a straw that breaks the camels back.

"Gears a let down, this that and the other thing are a let down, Idk why Im logging in and now when I try to express what's bothering me - some ridiculous human being, who obviously feels they are the next Einstein, comes along and suggests I simply leave. Meh...okay, why not? Looks like everybody else pretty much has anyway."

I mean, if everything were perfect in Perfect World - a simply leave if someone complains would be justified; and, someone who said, "okies, Ill do that and go" would look pretty 'emo' lol.

Now, lets say the issues cannot be fixed. How do all the other insignificant pieces of straw thrown in for good measure encouraging anyone to stay? What or who says, "carry on, lil buckeroo! It will get better soon!"?

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. ^^
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited July 2013

They gave us the Dreamchaser Pack. I have it on one of my toons, I think on my Sin. Sure, if I can truely use that through level 60, that's a pretty nice free-bee. +1 Devs. b:pleased

Then you had that other thing too. some other really nice set of gears to carry you through for a bit in your low levels. I have it on one of my toons too. Another pretty nice free-bee! +1 again, Devs.

I honestly loved this game until I hit endgame about a year ago. Bought my R8, tricked it out for me anyway, lol - then BAM! As if on cue, R9 hits the game - which seems like it should have been truely named R10 or higher in comparison to the rest of the rank gears, and that $300 about that I just invested becomes coin down the drain what seems like an instant.

Nirvy gear you say! Only about 49% as good, I say. T2 not as good as plain R8, imo.
    Some classes or people may have good reasons to disagree - but apparently most dont, or they wouldnt have simply left. b:surrender

Free-bees are nice, but they **** up other things. Some people actually like to work on things besides BHs, PK and TW. They like quests, or they may like acquiring skills. It costs a lot of money to acquire skills. I cant tell you how much it cost me to earn lvl 8 BS, and thats just 1 skill.

Who is going to buy my weapons now? What level 60 truely needs a TT weapon? Sure, CSing is nice, easy, blah blah blah, and free-bees are great! But, if it is plain the updates are going to have a negative effect elsewhere, why are they even given to us?

What did Wanmei or PWI gain by seeing players leave? By making their's a game that people are afraid to talk openly about? Who can truely be proud they play a 'pay-to-win' o_0 lol?

I love the game, and not as much as many of you do. I know its not as much cause many of you have played a lot longer than I have - and much like me, you are still here. b:chuckle
    edited July 2013
    One thing i have noticed is sales last a lot longer. It reminds me of a once good restaurant that had bad reviews. In order to drum up business, they start offering buy one get one free. Sadly if the food doesnt improve, the restaurant closes.

Welcome to Wanmei House of Won Ton.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I 'simply leave' all the time. I only come around for my faction these days. There's nothing else that ties me to the game anymore. It's only when I play the game(or come here sometimes) that I start feeling like ****. I'm all ok when I'm off doing something else and no where near PWI for awhile(thanks DW8)

The mean overly judgmental and clique-y players, yeah I wish they would simply leave, but what can you do? Nothing except ignore them.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly...
    img
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited July 2013
    Honestly...
    img

Lmao! Sort of like 'Hotel California', we check out any time we like, but we may never really leave...xD
    One thing i have noticed is sales last a lot longer. It reminds me of a once good restaurant that had bad reviews. In order to drum up business, they start offering buy one get one free. Sadly if the food doesnt improve, the restaurant closes.

Welcome to Wanmei House of Won Ton.

Me too. Everything is always on sale now. As someone who's trying to Merch stuff once in a while , "while farming my way to R9", its making that more boring than it needs to be as well. Many times market gets flooded with pack stuff, since the Packers are still Packin', but they really arent buying from each other too. b:chuckle

If that signals a prelude to the components of R9 being on sale more regularly - and even starting to slowly reduce the price, it might slowly bring the game back into some semblance of balance again.

Sure, they risk losing the faithfulness of those that have spent the money - aside from those that have spent the money and simply left anyway - but it could be just a slow process of changing the game overall for the better. Both the better for the playerbase, as well as their own coffers.

Someone's gotta be the next round of 'cannon fodder' afterall. It aint gonna be the people who are no longer interested in PvP. Where's the new fodder coming from?

Or, will the R9s suddenly find themselves happy to kill only each other? I would think, if they were happy to kill only each other Spawn-kills would be non-existant in TW and NW, rahter than being the complete event for some of us, lol. b:chuckle

Otherwise, though, your estimation is probably very close to right, but I dont think the doors will ever close completely, just keep getting smaller and smaller than they already are. b:thanks

I 'simply leave' all the time. I only come around for my faction these days. There's nothing else that ties me to the game anymore. It's only when I play the game(or come here sometimes) that I start feeling like ****. I'm all ok when I'm off doing something else and no where near PWI for awhile(thanks DW8)

The mean overly judgmental and clique-y players, yeah I wish they would simply leave, but what can you do? Nothing except ignore them.

That's what I hate about TW factions. They are very lonely places. No one can be asked to help anyone, cause they are always busy with themselves. Most cant be asked to ever speak with you at all - except when its time for TW.

That's what I mean by the 'plastic bubble' really. "Ive got everyone I need. I dont see beyond the limitations of my bubble. Everything is just fine - for me!" Its like some are safely nestled in their own little biosphere, within the bigger world of Perfect World, and truely believe there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Its YOU, dayum it! b:chuckle
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I play the game for fun, i rarely CS so it makes it way more interesting to play and farm for me.

Back in the old days i use to grind to 100-101... sadly not today haha but i still use the old ways of just actually playing the game and keeping me entertaind by read quests now.

As said before.. i've played many other decent games but tbh PWI is at the top
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That's what I hate about TW factions. They are very lonely places. No one can be asked to help anyone, cause they are always busy with themselves. Most cant be asked to ever speak with you at all - except when its time for TW.

This isn't exclusive to TW factions anymore.
    That's what I mean by the 'plastic bubble' really. "Ive got everyone I need. I dont see beyond the limitations of my bubble. Everything is just fine - for me!" Its like some are safely nestled in their own little biosphere, within the bigger world of Perfect World, and truely believe there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Its YOU, dayum it! b:chuckle

..I always fell victim to that, and it was incredibly frustrating. Saying in the past tense because after soloing for half a year I questioned why it made me mad so much that they wouldnt let me in their plastic bubble. On my own, these people did not exist anymore. No one to hurt me like that. I could go on an on, but I wont because I'm over it. But I do share your feelings on that 100%.