Really disappointed in PW staff

2»

Comments

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013

REALLY PW..really.. you can't delete/reset a quest in my QUEST LOG?

No, they cannot.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That is unfortunate but why can't you just do the cult then switch to sage using the Celestial Schism you get at 100?

Maybe because culti is long and boring? But that comes from probably the only person around that haven't bothered to finish his culti in the 2.5 years he's been lvl 100+. And probably the only one who have never done a full delta in 4 years of playing xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe because culti is long and boring? But that comes from probably the only person around that haven't bothered to finish his culti in the 2.5 years he's been lvl 100+. And probably the only one who have never done a full delta in 4 years of playing xD

*paw shoots up in the air* You're not the only one!
    :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That is unfortunate but why can't you just do the cult then switch to sage using the Celestial Schism you get at 100?

Isn't that a boutique item though? None of my characters got it when they turned Celestial. And it is hardly fair to make someone pay to fix a game bug.

Unfortunately it seems like most (if not all) spiritual cultivation quests cannot be trashed. I tried on a few chars to test. My only advice at this point would be to not let the ticket you send be "resolved." Keep reopening it - someone on this thread already posted that they fixed the same situation for a friend so there must be something they can do. This is a game bug and they are responsible to fix it.

Also, posting this in Quality Corner is probably a good idea, as a mod previous suggested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is very sad behaviour by GMs.
    There are so many ways for them to fix it but they refuse to do so.
    Have you tried to send another ticket after the first negative response?
  • Kurose - Dreamweaver
    Kurose - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isn't that a boutique item though? None of my characters got it when they turned Celestial. And it is hardly fair to make someone pay to fix a game bug.

Unfortunately it seems like most (if not all) spiritual cultivation quests cannot be trashed. I tried on a few chars to test. My only advice at this point would be to not let the ticket you send be "resolved." Keep reopening it - someone on this thread already posted that they fixed the same situation for a friend so there must be something they can do. This is a game bug and they are responsible to fix it.

Also, posting this in Quality Corner is probably a good idea, as a mod previous suggested.
    We used to be able to trash them, but they change that. I did like you and some of my friends suggested, not let the ticket end so easy. Hope it works.
    This is very sad behaviour by GMs.
    There are so many ways for them to fix it but they refuse to do so.
    Have you tried to send another ticket after the first negative response?

I did, now waiting on the new reply, if I ever get one. b:surrender
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When "Val", Hey You" or whatever became the new CM I thought it would become better.
    And actually, about 5-7 weeks ago, they really responded with non-automatic messages to my complains about bots. And banned all dq farming bots which I reported. Before that they didn't take action for about 1.5 years).

But 2-3 weeks later they obviously stopped working for this game again (hell and heaven are full with herb-farming bots again). I suppose most of the GMs have to do marketing stuff for the new games.

The management of pwe doesn't understand how important the reputation of a company is. That's the main problem. The employees just do what they are getting paid for (and if they really don't do their job, you can just fire them).
    Not many gamers will play a game of pwe again. I suppose they already know that and just plan to let this subcompany die within the next few years.
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Your best bet for anything to happen would be to create a Quality Corner topic regarding this glitch, such that you can provide steps, as well as screenshots, to reproduce the glitch. Evidence/screenshots help tremendously.

Other than that, there really isn't any other option unfortunately other than to level to 100 and finish your final cultivation to get the Celestial Schism to switch cultivations.

While its great that you have suggestions here for the OP, i have a problem with this in that you now need to buy a CS item to fix a situation that never should have happened. My seeker is demon as well, not because i chose to be, but because i was bitten by the same bug, and no one, not one PWI person helped me fix it. I too thought to go the conversion route, but honestly, i do not understand why we should be penalized for a pwi bug. Anyone out there can rant and rave how we picked the wrong culti, i can assure you, this not the case, with 4 sages and two demons under my belt i am more than familar with the quest lines.

My situation mirrors the OP's situation, and nothing changed. I have chosen not to bother because i am not going to do all of that just to "BUY" a fix. It is completely rediclious.

anyway, right now this seems to be the only way to gain sage for our seekers. There isn't a lesson to be learned here beyond knowing that with some bugs, your just out of luck. way to go pwi, well played.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While its great that you have suggestions here for the OP, i have a problem with this in that you now need to buy a CS item to fix a situation that never should have happened. My seeker is demon as well, not because i chose to be, but because i was bitten by the same bug, and no one, not one PWI person helped me fix it. I too thought to go the conversion route, but honestly, i do not understand why we should be penalized for a pwi bug. Anyone out there can rant and rave how we picked the wrong culti, i can assure you, this not the case, with 4 sages and two demons under my belt i am more than familar with the quest lines.

My situation mirrors the OP's situation, and nothing changed. I have chosen not to bother because i am not going to do all of that just to "BUY" a fix. It is completely rediclious.

anyway, right now this seems to be the only way to gain sage for our seekers. There isn't a lesson to be learned here beyond knowing that with some bugs, your just out of luck. way to go pwi, well played.

Which is why I suggested to create a Quality Corner report regarding this bug. If it is presented in a way that the PW staff can easily reproduce the bug, then they will definitely look into it. The QC is a very new feature and initiative that V4liance started that allowed the players to have a more direct line of communicating bugs to the staff.

Usually sending in a ticket is not enough for bugs like this. Once they can recreate it, they will find a way to fix it. PW's way of fixing things is to try to prevent future mishaps of a bug. If a QC report were made for this bug, then it will have a chance to be fixed that would prevent future Sage Seekers from triggering the bug again.

On top of it all, it just requires you to get that item. It doesn't require you to put in real money for an item to fix it. While I understand what you mean in terms of "buying a fix", it can still be done without real money. You just have to farm the coin to get the Schism. It just is the only fix currently, unfortunately.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Which is why I suggested to create a Quality Corner report regarding this bug. If it is presented in a way that the PW staff can easily reproduce the bug, then they will definitely look into it. The QC is a very new feature and initiative that V4liance started that allowed the players to have a more direct line of communicating bugs to the staff.

Usually sending in a ticket is not enough for bugs like this. Once they can recreate it, they will find a way to fix it. PW's way of fixing things is to try to prevent future mishaps of a bug. If a QC report were made for this bug, then it will have a chance to be fixed that would prevent future Sage Seekers from triggering the bug again.

On top of it all, it just requires you to get that item. It doesn't require you to put in real money for an item to fix it. While I understand what you mean in terms of "buying a fix", it can still be done without real money. You just have to farm the coin to get the Schism. It just is the only fix currently, unfortunately.

That is probably the best idea right now is put it in quality corner. The other problem with that is there are not any instructions over just taking the 89 sage/demon cultivation at the corresponding npc. They will have to do what their cs says they cant do, which is reset cultivation(which they in fact can do). They will have to take the culti quest see what it gives and what tab's you can get(separate quest) ,log out, reset it for that char, log in then do it all over again till it bug's. The problem is like rolling 3x -int on daggers, they could do it once or they could take a lifetime trying to make it bug.

This bug has existed before I came to the game (late 2009) and has mostly been put off as people not paying attention unless they had someone else there when they took the quest.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Is it really "paying" when you can farm it in game?The coin that is..to buy gold from the auction house..
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Is it really "paying" when you can farm it in game?The coin that is..to buy gold from the auction house..

That is really not the point, the point is pwe not having consistency with it cs employees. It is not even the time issue on answering tickets. You cant have one cs tell you one thing then another tell you something else then have a admin or cm say something completely different from the two on the forums.

In general what you see in CS is a direct representation of how a company operates and feels about itself. Poor or non existent CS in mmo's are pretty common because they can afford to loose a customer, when they got 1000's more to support them. Back when company's gave a dam there was non of this inconsistent junk you see now days. You either acted and treated each issue the equally or you gtfo and found somewhere else to work. Now that is gone and what cs we do get is now considered acceptable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since I have tones of alts that happened to me me 2 times.

1st time I picked wrong quest end ended up with wrong culti (I also trusted auto path:)), well I didnt buy any skils, asked friends to help me to finish culti till end fast and I swiched my culti. Well at the end it was my fault to pick wrong one so I ended up paying for it.

2nd time I got right culti becouse was triple checking everything but somehow I noticed I have wrong fb tabs. That didnt have any impact on my choice of cultivation. I did my culti normaly just did fb in other instance.

So check if that is mybe case with you. Mybe your choice of culti is still ok, just fb tabs are different. If thats the case it wont be any problems. If situation is like in my first example Im affraid you dont have any other choice then to continue it or to pay to swich. Belive me I tried everything to.
  • Kurose - Dreamweaver
    Kurose - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Normally I would say the same thing, but after seeing first hand how this can bug I cant. A friend of mine had the same problem took the quest at the right NPC (I was there beside her) and it still gave the wrong quest. She put it a ticket right then and it was fixed a few days later.

Seems the PW staff are calling you a lier here is the new reply I got when I stated they fixed this in the past:

Hello

The Sage/Demon Path option was never modified in the past. You can only change it by following the method outlined in the previous response. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Do you till think is fair to farm money I could spend on improving my gear on a bug they don't give 2 cent on? Or invest zen on a company who doesn't care to fix their mess?

I find if fairly unfair, and sure I'll make a thread on QC but as I see it PW doesn't care anymore about anything so I'll just waste my time being ignored again and again and again...

All PWI know is to say sorry but we don't care.. then sorry I don't care about you guys anymore too. I'll treat you as you treat me. That's what I call fair now

And no it's not the tab bug is the full quest. I'll be demon and can't do anything about it then agonize on not being able to learn my skills and waste precious money that I wanted for gear on a item that I should have never need to begine with.
    Oh how fair..how fair.

On another note still collecting infos on this glitch. Once I have enough I'll post on QC just to let people know but like I already said I seriously doubt PW will do anything anymore..
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And no it's not the tab bug is the full quest. I'll be demon and can't do anything about it then agonize on not being able to learn my skills and waste precious money that I wanted for gear on a item that I should have never need to begin with.
    Oh how fair..how fair.

On another note still collecting infos on this glitch. Once I have enough I'll post on QC just to let people know but like I already said I seriously doubt PW will do anything anymore..

So have you finished the quest to actually be 100% sure you'll be demon? You're obviously not getting any help from staff so what are you going to lose by actually finishing the cultivation and see if it's just a quest glitch and not the whole cultivation that is wrong? If you against all odds will be able to prove to them that you picked sage and became demon they could probably still reset it for you. What's more likely is that you won't be able to prove a thing and be left with 4 options/scenarios:

1. Finish culti -> Become sage (weeeeeee!)
    2. Finish culti -> Become demon - > Delete toon and make new one.
    3. Finish culti -> Become demon -> Finish rest of the culti and reset with CS item.
    4. Finish culti -> Become demon -> Live with it (demon seekers have their bright sides too)

And while I agree with it's unfair if you actually picked the right path and it gets glitched I can also see why support won't help. It seems a lot more likely that you actually picked the wrong one even though you supposedly checked three times to be sure. I mean, how come you know you checked the NPC three times but can't even account for one step of the rest of your cultivation? I'm not saying you're a liar, I'm just saying it's easy to make mistakes even if you're careful.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem with posting in Quality Corner (though I would anyway) is that there are not certain steps they can take to reproduce this bug. It happens to some and not to others, and from what I have heard talking to various people seems entirely random. The two people I know that it happened to simply talked to the sage NPC (having double checked it was sage) and were given the wrong culti. Others talk to the sage NPC and receive the correct culti. Nothing different is done.

And we've seen the results of threads where they can't reproduce something. Their response to the multiple reports of large squads being unable to enter certain TMs without the d/c bug that used to affect RB so widely:
    We investigated reports that players cannot enter Seat of Torment (Trophy Mode) in groups larger than 6. However, we were able to enter with a 10-person group just fine.

If they can't reproduce something within a couple of tries they probably write the issue off as not mattering. So I really think this matter would just be swept aside (especially since they would specifically need lvl 89 characters to attempt it).

At this point your best bet would probably be to make a new character and just get it power-levelled or something, and transfer all your money/gear over. The Celestial culti and chrono chain is a long and arduous path, and it would mean a long time before you could use new skills. But if you choose to go that route I would rage in a ticket until they give you a free Schism. xD Though I agree with the above poster, do the FB first on the off chance that you will end up sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would be not a little surprised if any instances of them actually resetting culti predate the addition of the Celestial Schism Mold and the Conversion Executor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Seems the PW staff are calling you a lier here is the new reply I got when I stated they fixed this in the past:

Hello

The Sage/Demon Path option was never modified in the past. You can only change it by following the method outlined in the previous response. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To bad my friend does not still play, she left when quite a few others left from the inaction of the goon problem. i am sure she would be more than happy to post where they fixed her culti problem for her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Considering many people do not know if you truly have a glitched cultivation or just glitched tabs, why don't you post a screen shot of your current quest list with the cultivation as well as show the tabs that you have in your inventory. It is very simple. You keep explaining that you have the incorrect tabs but tabs =/= cultivation. This is the easiest way to see if you are screwed or not; especially since someone has just stated that it happened to them but they ignored the tabs and did what the Quest asked of them and still landed with the correct cultivation. Please have both the quest log and the tabs in the same Screen shot please.

Edit:
    In general, considering that the only other examples of the issue point directly to the Tabs for the dungeon and not the quest itself, it would be reasonable to concluded that you made a mistake IF the quest log and the tabs match the cultivation for Demon. I'm not ruling out that there is in fact a glitch, but the support staff should be able to see an activity log of npcs spoken to and what parts of the quest were performed (whether you dug the item near plume or south of Disaster).
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not reading through this entire topic but its not unusual for you to pick sage or demon and then get the tabs for the other culti. Ive helped lots of people that this happened to since this game was in beta and it doesnt matter which fb you get if you picked the right one to begin with, you will end up with what you wanted....ie: if you picked sage and got eden, after the chain you will be sage at the end...now this is unless they changed something in the last few updates, I havent had anyone that this happened to for over a year or so...
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103