Comeback

Options
Urosh - Heavens Tear
Urosh - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Support Desk
Hello all

I am old pwi player and I want to come back to this game cause I really enjoyed it. But I have a problem. Months ago I installed it on my laptop with windows 7 and pwi seems to run kinda funny. Graphics is so weird... Brightness is changing on its own. And my laptop gets hot although I set low graphics. On my old computer pwi was so colorful and worked fine although that old computer(windows xp) was 10 times worse than my laptop. Is game outdated or what? I really want to play but can't find solution for this game to run without weird lightning and overheating. I bet there are like 90% players playing on windows 7 and someone must have the same problem. So if you know what to do please tell me.

The reason I enjoy this game so much is that it has open world. Other mmorpgs have that square zones, or big zones with mountains around that you can't pass... So I ask you if you guys know of any other game that is something like pwi and has open world. If I can't fix my pwi then I would really like to play game similar to it.
Post edited by Urosh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hello all

I am old pwi player and I want to come back to this game cause I really enjoyed it. But I have a problem. Months ago I installed it on my laptop with windows 7 and pwi seems to run kinda funny. Graphics is so weird... Brightness is changing on its own. And my laptop gets hot although I set low graphics. On my old computer pwi was so colorful and worked fine although that old computer(windows xp) was 10 times worse than my laptop. Is game outdated or what? I really want to play but can't find solution for this game to run without weird lightning and overheating. I bet there are like 90% players playing on windows 7 and someone must have the same problem. So if you know what to do please tell me.

The reason I enjoy this game so much is that it has open world. Other mmorpgs have that square zones, or big zones with mountains around that you can't pass... So I ask you if you guys know of any other game that is something like pwi and has open world. If I can't fix my pwi then I would really like to play game similar to it.

If game designed to be run on old pc, then why to use new pc with abilities, which can't be used by game itself ?
  • Urosh - Heavens Tear
    Urosh - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If game designed to be run on old pc, then why to use new pc with abilities, which can't be used by game itself ?

Because I don't live just on one place since I am college student so I need laptop.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Because I don't live just on one place since I am college student so I need laptop.

I use old laptop myself for this game, although I have new with Windows 8 64bit.
  • rezner420
    rezner420 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Check your graphics settings and try turning off 'warp' and possibly 'soften' in the options. Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
    As far as the overheating problem, that's just the way some laptops are. There's not a lot of room for cooling fans and such. I'd just suggest using it on a table or cool surface and make sure the heat vents aren't blocked so it can vent properly. You could also buy a cooling pad made specifically to keep laptops cooled.
    Good luck.
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I use my lap top for most of my games from all around.

PWI works fine on my lap top is about 1 year and a half old. Though it does heat up.
    I would strongly suggest to by a portable fan for your laptop, you can get them from any elctronics store. Has helped alot, also look in the PWI settings on your game, and fix them up when you re-download or play the game its usually auto set to you laptops/computers capability.

Also update drivers could possibly help.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm going by what I do for mine. If its a brand new laptop and you get these problems then I can't really help.

1. You need to keep the laptop on a cooling fan or have it in a cold room
    2. If you have any other programs that take up space, you might need to uninstall.
    3. Don't run any other programs other than pwi. This will cause it to get hot because of the processes over working. If you use Task Manager, you can see how much memory you're taking up along with computer usage so you may be able to get by with a few other programs.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Laptops are not made for playing games on, if anything brakes it is bye bye laptop.
    A good old fashioned desktop is still the ultimate gaming system, and if anything breaks it is just 10 minute walk to the computer store and buy an replacement part.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Laptops are not made for playing games on, if anything brakes it is bye bye laptop.
    A good old fashioned desktop is still the ultimate gaming system, and if anything breaks it is just 10 minute walk to the computer store and buy an replacement part.

There are gaming laptops
    Just so you know
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There are gaming laptops
    Just so you know

Yes there are. We went through two before desiding a desktop was better overall. 2 laptops died in the time it took one very old PC to finally kick the bucket.

You can still get a couple of years gaming out of them at least, maybe more. The more expensive the brand, the more likely it is to do what the manufacturer claims it will. Mac or Toshiba over Dell and all that. b:surrender

I have heard of people playing even disc-based (many to download) games on an Acer laptop - but that is absolutely all they used that laptop for.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I used my old laptop for 5 years before it finally crapped out on me. :P For a college student, I think a laptop is a better choice. Since you're going to have to go to this place or that place to study. And a lot of lectures let you take it with you and type out your notes. Which saves a lot of time. But you know your school best and you shouldn't base your decision on PWI. >: P

OP you're going to need to post more information so that people can help you.

If you would like a more specific answer, advice, and tips, I will need a copy of the output from a dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)

^
    That's the type of information you'll need to provide. Also I'm moving this to tech support.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yesimag
    yesimag Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    helo im playing on a desktop n cant figure out what letters i can use to be able to view all my surronding on the screem i can only go up n down side ways but cant change my view to look all around me pleas help me
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Options
    yesimag wrote: »
    helo im playing on a desktop n cant figure out what letters i can use to be able to view all my surronding on the screem i can only go up n down side ways but cant change my view to look all around me pleas help me

hold right mouse button and drag to change view.

If you press K in the client, it will bring up the key mappings and you can change those also if you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]