IS PWI ready for a Graphic Update

minnimanni
minnimanni Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
PWI had Good Graphic till 2013,since PWI is the main game of the comapny is it worth a graphic Update ?

1st Many ppl would come back
2nd tons of new players
3rd Bright Future for PWI

The new game of the Company uses The new Angelica engine which is awesome here is a video

-snippity snip-
Post edited by minnimanni on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ^ Er i do believe thats not a game made by PWE..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More people would leave not come back, imagine the lag in mass events, already it`s extremely laggy even on lowest settings!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It is in the making, supposedly a revolutionary game, but they've been postponing it for years and age of Wushu released first .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They might as well just re-make the whole PW game with new graphics and new stuff. Call it PW3 or something (pretty sure our version is PW2?).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013

i believe PWE doesnt make games, they exploit them, Wanmei does tho b:avoid

-snip-
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PWE is a licensing company. They purchase the license to run games in America/European regions. The do not make their own games. but Wanmei is behind PWI and they are also behind -removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No,the R9's are playing on low settings already..their toon cost more than their pc..kinda sad but true.I play on max since 2008..if I cant play on max I wont play at all.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol, the effort they would have to put in would be ridiculous. And even then they still couldn't compare to newer games.

Also, people playing on toasters. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol, the effort they would have to put in would be ridiculous. And even then they still couldn't compare to newer games.

Also, people playing on toasters. b:chuckle

More like chinese people playing on toasters.

Good majority of the playerbase over there play at internet cafes. They don't have the luxury of updating specs for every single game, hence the graphical quality that PWI has been at for the past 8 years.

If it's more demanding than a browser game, it's not going to work in China. Since wanmei develops first for China, you're not going to see a graphics update here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They would need to overhaul the whole game so no, it's not ready and it will never be. No way they will put all that effort into this old game =(
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    More like chinese people playing on toasters.

Good majority of the playerbase over there play at internet cafes. They don't have the luxury of updating specs for every single game, hence the graphical quality that PWI has been at for the past 8 years.

If it's more demanding than a browser game, it's not going to work in China. Since wanmei develops first for China, you're not going to see a graphics update here.
    Not to mention the fact that Wanmei didn't even originally develop this game. I'm pretty sure they still don't know enough about how the source code works to re-build it on a new platform.

And why would anyone waste the time and development to re-vamp an old game like this anyway? Much easier/cheaper to just purchase another new title or develop something from scratch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Evolved and newer veno pets have more polygons and texture detail. Newer instances and bosses have more to them. People complain about lag in Archosaur, but probably ignore the detail in this old area is dated, and their PC's are the actual cause of lag even with old graphics.

Bewbs jiggle (at least on venomancers), and buttocks look rounded. -Is that not enough detail for you pervs? -Do you need nips on BMs too?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Evolved and newer veno pets have more polygons and texture detail. Newer instances and bosses have more to them. People complain about lag in Archosaur, but probably ignore the detail in this old area is dated, and their PC's are the actual cause of lag even with old graphics.

Bewbs jiggle (at least on venomancers), and buttocks look rounded. -Is that not enough detail for you pervs? -Do you need nips on BMs too?

yes please b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What they need is an engine update to support more then 1 cpu core. Having a high end cpu isn't even being put to use playing this game. b:bye
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What they need is an engine update to support more then 1 cpu core. Having a high end cpu isn't even being put to use playing this game. b:bye
    this

my i3 @3.3 can't handle the spikes in skills like it should be able to. even with low rez I lag hellishly
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My AMD 970 has never had problems with graphics.

Just need to stay away from South and West Arch.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    My AMD 970 has never had problems with graphics.

Just need to stay away from South and West Arch.
    yea, well those should have 0 problems, period

especially on high-end CPU/GPUs
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Am I the only one who actually likes this game just how it is? ...
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I recently turned my graphical quality up to the max, and wao the world sure does look mighty purrdy :3
    Toasters definitely couldn't handle it though >.>
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's like Annalyse said in another thread; PWI's graphics are pretty.
    The game has good aesthetics overall and while it may look simplistic, it's rather colourful and just pleasing to look at.

A lot of new games try so hard to look real that often end up with the dark colour palette and no much variety which really makes it dull.
    There are some really epic graphics on some games out there but compared to a lot of games I still find PW's "outdated" graphics more beautiful and more aesthetically pleasing.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's like Annalyse said in another thread; PWI's graphics are pretty.
    The game has good aesthetics overall and while it may look simplistic, it's rather colourful and just pleasing to look at.

A lot of new games try so hard to look real that often end up with the dark colour palette and no much variety which really makes it dull.
    There are some really epic graphics on some games out there but compared to a lot of games I still find PW's "outdated" graphics more beautiful and more aesthetically pleasing.

As an artist I would have to agree. There is often beauty in simplicity. It is one of the few things about the game I still enjoy. The areas of Morai and Tellus are borderline overdone and dont really match the aesthetics of the game at least in my opinion. There is a certain earthtone quality that I find pleasing, colorful, and even detailed enough to be immersive.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    they need to update the engine, more than the graphics, personally.
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I think the graphics are fine. Some of the older skills could use better animation but on full settings the world is still very pretty compared to other MMO's out there.

On top of that PWI has been being slowly updated behind the scenes. The newest fashions and newest weapons and forms have better resolution than the older ones. Many of the older mobs on the map and in instances have been reskinned. The new veno pets look sharper and more artistic than the older ones, and many movements and animations have been streamlined. That's not to say what we have is in any way perfect, but if you were to go and compare PWI 2008 to now you would prob be surprised at the difference.

As far as graphically updating the whole game.... well.... given its state that would be a large waste of time. Not only do many people still play this game on older computers, encouraging the use of old graphical abilities, but improving the look of the whole world to bring it up to modern FPS and RPG standards would require an entire remapping of its surface. If they were to do that they might as well just make a PWI 2 or Perfect World 3
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The question is...

Is my computer ready to die
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132