Questions about two exclusive pet skills.

Options
kairos716
kairos716 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
Here's my dilemma, the two exclusive pet skills Loyal Dog and Night state that "something" cannot be selected by players for X seconds. The questions I would like clarification on is the "something" that is referred to, is it the pet or the player? The reason I asked is because I've heard some venos mentioning that the skill makes it so that players can only target the pet during that duration...while the description from the data on the forums about those skills imply that this effect applies to the pet. Clarification on these skills would be much appreciated.b:thanks
Post edited by kairos716 on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It makes players unable to target/select your pet for x amount of seconds stated.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Dark Wanderer natural skill and Spirit make the pet untargetable.
    Loyal Dog's skill makes the veno untargetable and re-directs targetting onto the pet.

Pretty sure that's how the dog one works, anyway. OTL
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Loyal Dog's skill makes the veno untargetable and re-directs targetting onto the pet.

o.o oh..that's interesting.
  • kairos716
    edited July 2013
    Options

Yea...that's where I got confused...two different skills with similar descriptions but different effects...
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    o.o oh..that's interesting.

D: Desdi-wesdi, you made the spreadsheet!

Yeah the descriptions are really similar and I think in some texts actually the same... mostily, though, the 'Run, Master!' part of the dog's skill description is what differentiates it for me.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Good to know xD
  • kairos716
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification you two! Now I know which one to get first xD
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Night and Spirit definitely make the pet untargetable by players (including, strangely enough, the pet owner.) I don't have Sir Cuddlesworth (and the only cuddly pup I have is on another server on a much lower level veno) so can't test Loyal Dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    My cuddly pup is 100 i'm working on getting enough stars to get evolve it. I can try then. I'm only evolving it cuz its so damn cute!
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Loyal dog is only usable in pvp. The target you use loyal dog on is forced to target your dog for the 4 second duration and may not select any other target. Barbs have the same skill called raging slap.
    I don't know how the effect works if the dog is killed before the effect wears off or if you use a skill that makes the dog unselectable by other players at the same time. 4 seconds is a bit short to be able to test much and I haven't actually used the skill in combat since the dog will almost certainly be one-shotted before the target realized what happened.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Loyal dog is only usable in pvp. The target you use loyal dog on is forced to target your dog for the 4 second duration and may not select any other target. Barbs have the same skill called raging slap.
    I don't know how the effect works if the dog is killed before the effect wears off or if you use a skill that makes the dog unselectable by other players at the same time. 4 seconds is a bit short to be able to test much and I haven't actually used the skill in combat since the dog will almost certainly be one-shotted before the target realized what happened.

It seems like it'd be a great skill if the target is like an Assassin or BM and the dog is positioned away from the veno.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The cuddly pup (i have the evolved form) loyal dog, is more of a run away skill when your toon is in trouble with PvP, i have used it countless of times and its only for 4 seconds but its enough to run away, or deal a devastating hit to the other player if you know you can kill them.

Sadly my Ceaser (valient protector) is my sacrificial pet haha since i usually get into tight spots in TW or PK and use him for that purpose.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I find the skill really sweet, fits the whole "dogs are your friend" thing people usually say xD

I'm a cat person really but I really like the idea.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Night and Spirit definitely make the pet untargetable by players (including, strangely enough, the pet owner.) I don't have Sir Cuddlesworth (and the only cuddly pup I have is on another server on a much lower level veno) so can't test Loyal Dog.

I had spirit on one of my pets, and it only made the pet invisible, not myself.
    I really am curious to a confirmation about the Night skill, if anyone has the pet and can clarify, it would be brilliant!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Got the dog evolved now to decided Kowlin or Shadou cup to finish lvling next.

Was never planning on using the cuddly pup in pvp its a 1 shot lol but maybe i should
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Send pet after a faraway mob, and use loyal dog maybe?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Having Mind or Ghost should at least help make the doggy survive a hit o.o