Pan Gu kills a puppy everytime a mystic...

Options
13»

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Okay, and that makes it the Mystics responsibility to read minds too?

Interesting concept...or conundrum there, dont ya think?

I mean, imagine you are a non-healer, in a squad with both a Mystic and a cleric.

The non-healer is down to a quarter their HP. The Mystic decides the cleric has got this - and figures through the new Mind Reading skill (or would that go to a Psychic?? all these questions...*shrugs*) that the cleric is so very PRO, and that's why they havent reacted yet. The Cleric was doing his long channeling heal, but non-healer died a half-second before the cleric would have gotten it cast.

Idk, but if it were me going through this as the non-healer, I would think I would feel like both the Mystic and the Cleric were fail - wouldnt you? Two healers, and NOBODY could heal me in time??!! Seriously!!!!!

Mystic Conundrum: Dayumed if you heal, dayumed if you dont.
    b:chuckle

I have no idea what you are replying to here. All I said is if a cleric's heal comes so quickly after yours, they were already healing. You're the one trying to throw more stuff into it. And you don't have to read minds, you can just watch their animations. If you can get a feel for what people are about to do before they do it by looking at their animations, it won't just help you with spot healing. It will help you better time all your skills in any class.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have no idea what you are replying to here. All I said is if a cleric's heal comes so quickly after yours, they were already healing. You're the one trying to throw more stuff into it. And you don't have to read minds, you can just watch their animations. If you can get a feel for what people are about to do before they do it by looking at their animations, it won't just help you with spot healing. It will help you better time all your skills in any class.

Actually Im not trying to put more stuff into it. Its the same scenario you replied to. I already have alot to think about as a Mystic. I dont really have a whole lot of time to watch the animations of someone who usually is standing somewhere behind me. I can watch their health bar well enough, if Im not busy DDing.

Sorry but on that particular point, someone is either asking too much of the Mystic, or any Mystic is going to be fail, lol.

I dont mean to negate your telling me how a particular heal works, but the timing of the reply seemed to make it more of a 'cleric excuse for too little, too late'. *shrugs* The discussion is based on the complaint of an over-healing Mystic, which lead into whether or not you can trust your cleric.

I personally love when someone is multi-clienting, pretending their drag along cleric is their BF or GF, and cant be asked to do much but dance around their main. I can watch those animations easy enough, while Im laying dead, and being told to just release and run back.

Ill easily release, but please dont expect me back. I dont hate myself that much - Im not that desperate for any squad, lol. b:chuckle

I also personally think that the complaint of overhealing is pretty lame. First off, the Mystic doesnt recieve any accolades when the squad survives, the cleric naturally does, whether the Mystic helped them or not. Secondly, its not like your char will explode because the level of healing he recieved was more HP than he could hold or anything. Can anyone really be too healthy?

C'mere lil Barb, lemme heal ya to death! Rawr!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Actually Im not trying to put more stuff into it. Its the same scenario you replied to. I already have alot to think about as a Mystic. I dont really have a whole lot of time to watch the animations of someone who usually is standing somewhere behind me. I can watch their health bar well enough, if Im not busy DDing.

Sorry but on that particular point, someone is either asking too much of the Mystic, or any Mystic is going to be fail, lol.

I dont mean to negate your telling me how a particular heal works, but the timing of the reply seemed to make it more of a 'cleric excuse for too little, too late'. *shrugs*

I personally love when someone is multi-clienting, pretending their drag along cleric is their BF or GF, and cant be asked to do much but dance around their main. I can watch those animations easy enough, while Im laying dead, and being told to just release and run back.

Ill easily release, but please dont expect me back. I dont hate myself that much - Im not that desperate for any squad, lol.
    b:chuckle

Still reading more into it than what I said. It wasn't timed on purpose for anything. I just was skimming this thread really. looking at the different posts, saw you listing something about what cleric might be doing if it healed a second after you, and figured I'd mention that their skills take longer to channel. That's all. If I had meant something else, I would say so. I always just say what I mean. It takes longer to channel. If a cleric and mystic use wellspring and BITC at the same time for the same reason, mystic heal will go off first. Even if a mystic only had like -3%chan and the cleric was instant cast. Because mystic would save a small time on chan and it's cast time is faster than that of the clerics. Wellspring's cast time is the same both the cast and chan time of BITC. The moment the chan goes down even a little bit for the mystic, it's faster than wellspring could ever be. That's actually just an example of a healing situation in which mystic is superior.

And watching for animations isn't something that just the mystic can do, it's something all classes can do. It's much harder when squad is moving around, but on bosses it's not so hard. And boss animations sometimes give hints as to what they are going to do next. First example off the top of my head is pole. He has red rings under his feet when he's about to either AOE or Debuff. He alternates which one he does. If a mystic paid attention to that, they could sally the tank and buy the cleric time more time to purify a debuff for example. Increasing the likelihood of survival of the tank and squad. And I'm not saying that you have to pay a lot of attention to the cleric, I personally would just spot heal. It just isn't mind reading, and knowing what's going on in squad can be beneficial to you sometimes. Say you see a bunch of mobs coming you're way in a pull. If cleric is spinning in a circle, BB will be up and you can DD when they get to you. If they are just standing there, maybe throw down some plants because cleric's heal is coming late. Or pay attention instead to the barb, whether or not he uses something to maintain agro when he's running into the the pull can be the difference between you going splat or not. Who you pay attention to and whether or not you pay attention at all, will depend on what you're doing. You don't have to do it all the time, after all. And it's easiest when people aren't running around all over the place.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Still reading more into it than what I said. It wasn't timed on purpose for anything. I just was skimming this thread really. looking at the different posts, saw you listing something about what cleric might be doing if it healed a second after you, and figured I'd mention that their skills take longer to channel. That's all. If I had meant something else, I would say so. I always just say what I mean. It takes longer to channel. If a cleric and mystic use wellspring and BITC at the same time for the same reason, mystic heal will go off first. Even if a mystic only had like -3%chan and the cleric was instant cast. Because mystic would save a small time on chan and it's cast time is faster than that of the clerics. Wellspring's cast time is the same both the cast and chan time of BITC. The moment the chan goes down even a little bit for the mystic, it's faster than wellspring could ever be. That's actually just an example of a healing situation in which mystic is superior.

And watching for animations isn't something that just the mystic can do, it's something all classes can do. It's much harder when squad is moving around, but on bosses it's not so hard. And boss animations sometimes give hints as to what they are going to do next. First example off the top of my head is pole. He has red rings under his feet when he's about to either AOE or Debuff. He alternates which one he does. If a mystic paid attention to that, they could sally the tank and buy the cleric time more time to purify a debuff for example. Increasing the likelihood of survival of the tank and squad. And I'm not saying that you have to pay a lot of attention to the cleric, I personally would just spot heal. It just isn't mind reading, and knowing what's going on in squad can be beneficial to you sometimes. Say you see a bunch of mobs coming you're way in a pull. If cleric is spinning in a circle, BB will be up and you can DD when they get to you. If they are just standing there, maybe throw down some plants because cleric's heal is coming late. Or pay attention instead to the barb, whether or not he uses something to maintain agro when he's running into the the pull can be the difference between you going splat or not. Who you pay attention to and whether or not you pay attention at all, will depend on what you're doing. You don't have to do it all the time, after all. And it's easiest when people aren't running around all over the place.

Thank you Venus. The clarification means a lot. I dont mean to make it sound like you intentionally did anything with less than noble intentions in mind. As a Mystic, there are just times where it feels like people who prefer other classes only post in this forum as a put-down to both individual players, and their class in general.

This post is awesome for both its clarity and its contribution, which I have highlighted in blue. That's something that any fledgling Mystic (and any class in general - if they can be asked to read the entire post) can take with them and use to improve their gameplay.

I dont normally listen to game, as another example, preferring to listen to favorite tunes instead as I play. One day by accident I started to notice the sound effects can also signal things are about to happen on bosses, and I started listening to the game when it came to a boss run. This fail Mystic, by mistake, learned something that improved her boss gameplay alot. ^.^ b:chuckle