Game is dead and full of psy's ??

QuietxKill - Lost City
QuietxKill - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Hi everyone!

So I came back after a year and everyone is level100 and there are no new people around town.. There are only level 100's who are waiting to PK everyone they see.. As a lv75 assassin it is unable to go questing or i'd been PK'ed by a level 100.
Also, no one is doing low BH's anymore and only the BH100 of the day..

So now the big question, Is this game dead? And s it only played by people who master the whole friggin server with their PK? Or does this only count for Lost City?

Like I really was excited to play again because I missed it a lot and not any other game was so great as PWI.. A lot has changed unfortunately..

I'd like to see the start towns to be crowded again with new fresh players who can't wait to start their adventure in Perfect World instead of 100's which are PKing low levels for an easy red name..

Another thing;
What's up with all the OP psy's? I have never EVER seen a psychic in the whole time I played until now.. There are lots of them, even wizards lol.. (yeah a year ago I have seen a few but not as many as now)

There is even a lack of clerics and tanks for BH's..

So, is there any chance this game will get more attracted to new players so we won't get PK'ed so easily by overpowered R9RR gears..?
I'd love to play again..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Awesome sign made by Silvychar ♥
Post edited by QuietxKill - Lost City on

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi everyone!

So I came back after a year and everyone is level100 and there are no new people around town.. There are only level 100's who are waiting to PK everyone they see.. As a lv75 assassin it is unable to go questing or i'd been PK'ed by a level 100.
    Also, no one is doing low BH's anymore and only the BH100 of the day..

Same is on Raging Tide server.
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Same is on Raging Tide server.

Bummer.. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bummer.. :c

Sorry, but I got my levels not using fc.

I think, that power levelers are Bummers.
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    edited July 2013

They are but that's not really the thing which bothers me.. And I have done one frost run ever with my guild (not guilty for powerlvl)

Power levelers will always be there and they won't be a thread in PVP because they can't master their class.. Pure level100's with their R9 is just damned..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    game was full of 100 even two years ago lol.... try 105 for uum 1 year ago. now? now it's full of people with 4+ 10x xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Well ofcourse there were a lot of 100's but not as many as nowadays..
    and on the otherhand there were also a lot of people who were 6x-8x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    people are around for a long time, they have leveled multiple characters. They are no longer interested in leveling another the old fasioned way. So the powerlevel it. Therefore you see little lower level chars. To not make life for new players too hard, PWI made leveling easier also for new players who dont yet have acces to high level chars to powerlevel their now ones.

Average gear of course also increased over time.

And yes Psys are one of the more OP classes in end game PvP, so lots of people made one.

That doesnt mean the whole game is dead though. You can still have fun with the lvl 100+ content. You just need to powerlevel to get there unless you want to go trough a lonely process of questing your way up.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013

ehh not really just the broke ones or the ones that have no real clue about the game.

but to the OP..come to HT your only 70+ and can get back there fast without the disrespect that pvp servers give.Their mind set is that its pvp so you have to kill anyone.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    people are around for a long time, they have leveled multiple characters. They are no longer interested in leveling another the old fasioned way. So the powerlevel it. Therefore you see little lower level chars. To not make life for new players too hard, PWI made leveling easier also for new players who dont yet have acces to high level chars to powerlevel their now ones.

Average gear of course also increased over time.

And yes Psys are one of the more OP classes in end game PvP, so lots of people made one.

That doesnt mean the whole game is dead though. You can still have fun with the lvl 100+ content. You just need to powerlevel to get there unless you want to go trough a lonely process of questing your way up.

That's one big problem.. You need to be 100+ to have fun in this game..
    We used to quests with many people in a party and everywhere you looked people were doing quests. As you mentioned we need to powerlevel to fit in.. :c I just miss the old questing..
    I don't want to spend my money on hypers and doing heads for ages just for me to hit 100 you know..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Makes me think, maybe it would be good for an MMORPG to create content where high and low levels play together. Not in an "i power level you" way, but the developers could probably think of something creative where the low levels need to really play together with the high levels. I mean look at aeu, they can think of weird squad mechanics, so this should be possible. Dayly BH could be some kind of "newbie help assignment". I repeat, that does not mean the newby should stand and watch, neither should it mean that it needs to be very easy for the high level players. Just need creative developers.

Would help the new players to get integrated and stuff
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Makes me think, maybe it would be good for an MMORPG to create content where high and low levels play together. Not in an "i power level you" way, but the developers could probably think of something creative where the low levels need to really play together with the high levels. I mean look at aeu, they can think of weird squad mechanics, so this should be possible. Dayly BH could be some kind of "newbie help assignment". I repeat, that does not mean the newby should stand and watch, neither should it mean that it needs to be very easy for the high level players. Just need creative developers.

That's a great idea!

They should've done that earlier though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

some other game (involving toons with black and white wings) has daily quests in which a high level toon assists a lowbie and they both get rewards. technically fb tab rewards is something like that albeit way outdated.

people questing together while trolloping in the valleys... uum wasn't that 3 years ago xD
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's one big problem.. You need to be 100+ to have fun in this game..
    We used to quests with many people in a party and everywhere you looked people were doing quests. As you mentioned we need to powerlevel to fit in.. :c I just miss the old questing..
    I don't want to spend my money on hypers and doing heads for ages just for me to hit 100 you know..

You don't need to be lvl100 to have fun in the game or fit in unless you want to join the lvl100+ activities and have access to the things lvl100 players do. Then..well, of course you need to reach that point.

There aren't many new players in the game, which is why low level content seems empty. People who have been in the game for a long time or years will not go back to normal questing and whatnot, especially when they've already been through that content multiple times.

However, there are still people who do have low level characters and some of them still quest and all that. You could try searching for a faction that is involved with low level players and do runs etc. but really the game will only be fun if you make it fun.

Honestly the only pressure on the game is if you PvP because then you will have to hit endgame and gear up as fast as possible in order to be able to compete. I see you're in Lost City but not sure what's your take on the PvP.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Game's full of 100+ people after all the years it's been out? Man, didn't expect that. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013

why not talk about seekers and barbs?
  • mrqwertyty
    mrqwertyty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Power leveling and the big number of people with high levels (100+) is in fact the less important and damaging part of pwi. The real problem is the money (read it as "cash shopers"). The game is now mastered in proportion of 85% by heavy cash shopers, 10% of normal cash shopers (charge some money but also farm coins) and 5% of in-game coins farmers (who have their accounts for a few years now - they reason why they can afford to farm coins). The 3rd alternative would be to merchant but for this you need to destroy 1 computer and have several months patience to get your money.

Even if I have no statistics, I am sure that there are less than 0.5% of new people in the game. The reason is obvious.

In other words, if you do not plan to spend 1000$ or more (literally), to be able to pk with others or if you do not plan to spend 10h per day to farm coins, you can say (with no regret) bye-bye to pwi. The game is old now and it's dying, it's perfect natural to happen this with a pay-to-win game.

Have a nice day!
    edited July 2013
    mrqwertyty wrote: »
    In other words, if you do not plan to spend 1000$ or more (literally), to be able to pk with others or if you do not plan to spend 10h per day to farm coins, you can say (with no regret) bye-bye to pwi. The game is old now and it's dying, it's perfect natural to happen this with a pay-to-win game.

unless you can live with not being able to pwn everyone in which case a g16 set which is perfectly farmable will be more than enough to have plenty of fun in every game activity b:bye

pvp =/= I can kill everyone and survive the whole server ganking me
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Power leveling and the big number of people with high levels (100+) is in fact the less important and damaging part of pwi. The real problem is the money (read it as "cash shopers"). The game is now mastered in proportion of 85% by heavy cash shopers, 10% of normal cash shopers (charge some money but also farm coins) and 5% of in-game coins farmers (who have their accounts for a few years now - they reason why they can afford to farm coins). The 3rd alternative would be to merchant but for this you need to destroy 1 computer and have several months patience to get your money.

Even if I have no statistics, I am sure that there are less than 0.5% of new people in the game. The reason is obvious.

Have a nice day!

Since the rebuttals for this have been covered and recovered, ad nauseum, I'll keep my response brief:

no. just no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    I know this game is out for years, but I am talking about a small year though..

Never mind anyways.. I just don't like it when I do want to grind like the early days with getting PK'ed every few minutes..

Now people may say; so don't play on a PVP server. TRUE. But I DO like PVP, but not when the other person is like R9 all the way cashshop everywhere and lv 100+ while I am just a squishy sin of lv75 trying to get a few levels higher and trying to get her 100+ quests done in time.. :')
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Like I said....the only pressure in the game is if you want to complete in serious endgame PvP in which case you have no other choice than heavily merchant, farm or directly use real life money. (And seriously, what do you expect? The game can only keep being free if people cash shop, you should be glad they do. Yes, I don't agree with gear being directly in the boutique but hey..be glad other people pay so you can play free.)

Any PvE activity can be done in gear that's farmable and doesn't even require that much to get it. Just a little patience, make a friend or two, farm a little and you can get a reasonably good gear set. You're good to go.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like I said....the only pressure in the game is if you want to complete in serious endgame PvP in which case you have no other choice than heavily merchant, farm or directly use real life money. (And seriously, what do you expect? The game can only keep being free if people cash shop, you should be glad they do. Yes, I don't agree with gear being directly in the boutique but hey..be glad other people pay so you can play free.)

Any PvE activity can be done in gear that's farmable and doesn't even require that much to get it. Just a little patience, make a friend or two, farm a little and you can get a reasonably good gear set. You're good to go.

The only minimum reasonably good gear set for pvp is nv 3rd cast nowadays. And this gear is very cheap on some servers. On our server (lc) full set costs still around 250m. If you just max your skills to lvl 10 you will also spent additional ~100m. If you want to have it proper refined you need at least 200m. 3rd cast weapon goes for 80m+. You need orbs to refine it... I'm even not started to talk about sharding or sage/demon skills.

New people which want to play 100% for free will have a hard time on our server.

But on the other hand: we also have the highest gold price (2m per gold). If you charge, lets say about 30 dollars per month, you can compete within 3-4 few months with the others.

Farming lowbie materials in HH is not really an option anymore. Way to much 2x drop this year finally saturated the market completely. Even on our server, with the strongest and most stable market of all servers..

And if you want to be a merchant, you have to be even more online than others. There is not a single heavy merchant which doesn't check his/her shops at least every 30 mins. Ofc they will tell you they are afk whole time (having parties and important jobs xD). But they lie, don't believe everything people tell you in a mmo. They monitor this game at least 16h per day, 365 days per year. There was e.g. a strange form hero (warrenwolfy) which wrote a dozen posts per day, made alot of excel tools for merchanting/pack statistics and stuff like this. But he told people that he spents less than 5mins per day for this game, and does just setup a shop (and made billions ofc ;)). Alot of people even believed that. They WANT to believe. It's obviously the nature of many humans not to use their brains. Just believing is more easy.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I know this game is out for years, but I am talking about a small year though..

Never mind anyways.. I just don't like it when I do want to grind like the early days with getting PK'ed every few minutes..

Now people may say; so don't play on a PVP server. TRUE. But I DO like PVP, but not when the other person is like R9 all the way cashshop everywhere and lv 100+ while I am just a squishy sin of lv75 trying to get a few levels higher and trying to get her 100+ quests done in time.. :')

People that are stronger and higher level will keep hunting lowbies regardless of what gear exists in game. That's a phenomenon in most MMOs, if not all.

Just because they are stronger and they can, they will do it. Even on my PvE server there are people who have superior gear and hunt other people they see in PK mode and are lower level and/or have lower grade gear.

That doesn't apply to every player of course but that's how it is. A lot of people will hunt the lowbies.

A year is lot of time for things to change in game and it's a lot of time to leave you behind and out of date. I'm not saying this with hate or anything, just pointing a thing. You're left behind, out geared, out leveled. You can't expect to come back in game and be ready to play in the same way as you did when you left.

I'd honestly suggest to start over on a PvE server unless you have dear friends or a good faction so you'd rather stick to your current one. Considering there's Nation Wars to do some PvPing even on lower levels and there are plenty of quests to get you up to lvl60 quickly (in order to enter NW) and assuming that you won't be leaving much behind if you do leave.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    o.o on RT my faction enjoys the playing even most of them aren't 100+. We do events together, TT runs, dungeons... They do not powerlevel and they learn instances together. They are also willing to try PWI events such as Jungle Ruins and NW.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I leveled my first toon (archer) the old fashioned way to 100 - when I was working on my MSc thesis, I'd be flying my archer between world quest waypoints.

And then NV came out and it was a pain in the butt to find a squad on my archer, so I power leveled a sin and bm to lvl 101. And then NV died and NW came around.

So then I changed my main again to psy, because aps wasn't good for PVP and I needed a toon to R9RR, and my archer already had a +12 weapon that I had no intention to replace...

It took like 2 or 3 years to get my first main to 100. I've done almost every quest, if not every quest, available on archer. Grinding mobs again is not my idea of fun, I enjoy the end-game content, so I don't see any problem with power leveling alts.

And yeah, psy's rock! Although I haven't seen an unusually large number of them, the number of players in each class seems pretty even in NW's. Usually, if I see another psy in a bh or aeu squad with me, I'm surprised. Maybe people are now leveling psy's or something after I pwn their mains in NW lulz
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DW isn't so bad in terms of activeness, actually just bumped into a new player and their friend a couple days ago who decided to try the game together and are having a good time. Though it has caught the 'everyone make a psy toon' disease for some annoying reason. f:meh

I don't get it, unless you cash shop or merch/farm your way to r9rr +12 JoSD they aren't as ludicrously OP as everyone claims. Especially against equally geared peeps. Yes I have a psy for several years, and yes that's just my opinion. I just eyeroll a little when just about everyone I talk to go 'ima go make a psy now so I canz keel peoplez in NW liek a pro.' Right, because it is just so impossible to be useful on any of the other 10 classes....
    Close-mindedness takes over sometimes. Just makes it boring when everyone and their mother is the same class.

f:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I see lots of nubbies in HT when I'm questing on my alts
  • mrqwertyty
    edited July 2013
    unless you can live with not being able to pwn everyone in which case a g16 set which is perfectly farmable will be more than enough to have plenty of fun in every game activity b:bye

pvp =/= I can kill everyone and survive the whole server ganking me

G16 is perfect farmable for a person that already has a toon with decent gear.

To get a g16 set you would need around 300 mil coins ? + a few refins (let's say
    average of +4. +5) + some skills = you would need around 400 mil at last. Does this seems easy farmable to you, for a 90-99 TT gear toon ? In nowadays it's almost mandatory to have g16 wep even for BH, not talking about WS, TT or AEU. How would you get in squads to farm the G16 set ?

To me it seems hard to make money without the help of some decent geared toons (friends or your own alts). That's why I stand my point that the game is all about money.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have noticed something similar to the original poster, but on Archo server its not an influx of Psys so much as a sudden influx of rrr9 Wizzies in full rank 9 gear.
    Back before it was like 100+ wizziers were a rare site and you didnt see too many of them in rank gear, but now its like the trendiest thing, everyday i swear i see a new rank wiz walking around archo.

Now im not only not rare , but im pretty much useless at lvl 88 with moderate gears.
    The only good news is i have run into a few complete new players while playing a few alts, these ppl I make sure to advise about their class and with a couple of them I made sure to tell them about Dreamchaser packs because I think its a good way to keep new players interested in the game. DC packs make the early stuff a heck of a lot easier.

New players on all the servers would be nice, sadly most high enders are too busy with FW and FL getting badges ,

We dont need no stinkin badges... wait maybe we do i better check..
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    G16 is perfect farmable for a person that already has a toon with decent gear.

To get a g16 set you would need around 300 mil coins ? + a few refins (let's say
    average of +4. +5) + some skills = you would need around 400 mil at last. Does this seems easy farmable to you, for a 90-99 TT gear toon ? In nowadays it's almost mandatory to have g16 wep even for BH, not talking about WS, TT or AEU. How would you get in squads to farm the G16 set ?

To me it seems hard to make money without the help of some decent geared toons (friends or your own alts). That's why I stand my point that the game is all about money.

Bullpoop. That's all I'm going to say to this, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • mrqwertyty
    edited July 2013
    Bullpoop. That's all I'm going to say to this, really.

Perhaps I am a mega noob, I don't care. But, please, tell me how would you collect 400 mil with a lvl 100 toon with TT 90 gears ? Just so I don't die stupid.
    Thanks!