TT Instance Crash on HT

Comments

• Slverhaze - Heavens Tear
    Slverhaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Magna I was with strife but had to logoff immediately since i had to go work... so cleric and archer in TT limbo.. autorecovery stones running.. all my money on them.. lol. jeez. hope they can at least add some days to my autorecovery stones... at least..
  • NissanSilvia - Heavens Tear
    NissanSilvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any update on this issue?, I still have toons stuck in TT
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been farming my new HA set this 2x. I completed 4 pieces, from TT90 to Nirvy s2. I had helm and cape left. Now I have toons stuck inside TT and no hope of completing my set.

Bummed bear. f:bike
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yay....my barb still locked after 42 hours... I think the team barely started maybe this morningb:shutup
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, where's the emergency maintenance? This is a pretty huge problem you guys have here. Are you making all of these stuck people wait until the normal maintenance...?

Something should have been done immediately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They don't care about us TT farmers. Now if the Cash shop had broken down- it would have been fixed within the hour.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Agreed...we make them money only by buying gold off the cash shoppers...so we are low priorityb:cry
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it still broken? Man, if it is... PWE is really slacking off. I know it was the weekend, but they should keep some staff around to fix issues like this. The game can break on the weekend - I mean, it doesn't just fix itself.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Is it still broken? Man, if it is... PWE is really slacking off. I know it was the weekend, but they should keep some staff around to fix issues like this. The game can break on the weekend - I mean, it doesn't just fix itself.

Yup...TT is still broken. Its been 43 hours 23 mins or 2603 minutes or 156,180 seconds.b:shocked
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey everyone,

Really really sorry for the delay in getting this all sorted. The engineering team is looking into it now, and we should have more info shortly.

- Val
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Okay thanks. Hopefully I can farm some TT today.b:surrender
  • v4liance
    edited July 2013
    Quick update:

We've isolated the issue, and we believe we'll need to restart the server to fix it.

This should only affect Heavens Tear.

I'll post again once I know exactly when this will happen, but we're hoping to do this quickly and soon.

- Val
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand that this only affects our server but this server lost a weekend of 2x and it's truly unfair for us to lose that when all other servers had their farm time. We did our part to inform it was down and waited patiently while many of us lost our toons completely due to this bug; is there anyway this will be made up to us to extend our lost time of 2x?

I believe it's the least us farmers can ask for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    edited July 2013
    Regarding lost 2x time, I'll see what we can do to make that right for HT.

- Val
  • Ginrai - Heavens Tear
    Ginrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I get that everyone's upset about this - my chars happened not to be in TT at the time, but if they were, I'd be pretty mad about it too - but really, its right there in the ToS.

Not going to copy & paste the whole relevant section, but it does say "You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE", i.e. if TT, or the whole server is broken, sucks to be you + don't expect 2x to be extended or any other kind of compensation.

And more to the point "PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.", i.e. at some point in the future, they're going to decide that PWI is an outdated game and they want to concentrate on their newer offerings, and simply turn it off. If people are kicking up a fuss like this over chars being stuck for a few days, I can only imagine what kind of uproar there's going to be when the game ends entirely.

Sorry not be all doom and gloom here, just trying to put things into context and say, things could be a lot worse - Val's acknowledged that they're working on it, you'll get your chars back, so be patient. We've had a month of 2x, anniversary is only just around the corner in Aug and you can bet we'll get 2x again then, so meh, don't really see we have to demand that it gets extended.
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TT's fixed.

Thanks Val.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Yup, my barb is free now. Thanks.b:victory
  • v4liance
    edited July 2013
    Woo, glad it worked! And without needing a restart!

Sorry again for this horribly frustrating inconvenience.

- Val
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    While I get that everyone's upset about this - my chars happened not to be in TT at the time, but if they were, I'd be pretty mad about it too - but really, its right there in the ToS.

Not going to copy & paste the whole relevant section, but it does say "You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE", i.e. if TT, or the whole server is broken, sucks to be you + don't expect 2x to be extended or any other kind of compensation.

And more to the point "PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.", i.e. at some point in the future, they're going to decide that PWI is an outdated game and they want to concentrate on their newer offerings, and simply turn it off. If people are kicking up a fuss like this over chars being stuck for a few days, I can only imagine what kind of uproar there's going to be when the game ends entirely.

Sorry not be all doom and gloom here, just trying to put things into context and say, things could be a lot worse - Val's acknowledged that they're working on it, you'll get your chars back, so be patient. We've had a month of 2x, anniversary is only just around the corner in Aug and you can bet we'll get 2x again then, so meh, don't really see we have to demand that it gets extended.

I understand you are bringing to our attention the rules and ToS but you weren't affected and Val understands there are weekend players who can only farm on weekends and make multi millions from the only instance that brings any decent money - thy was broken on the weekend.

I simply asked and he said he will see what he can do. None of us are throwing a fit; just simply informing what happened. So please, no reason to rain on the parade when Val is looking into it. (Even if its against ToS)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but Gin it's not really against TOS cuz TOS says they can "Choose" to remove certain functions/services. this wasnt a choice it was a glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brokenzoo
    brokenzoo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the fix b:pleased
  • DthAfterLife - Heavens Tear
    DthAfterLife - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agree with Aqua, its nothing to do with TOS and i didnt see anyone "demand" anything. I didnt see anyone even seem angry, we all understand that things happen and was simply asking if anything could be made up for the loss on HT server we experienced. I lost both my main toons for the entire weekend and, as i mentioned before, i work all week so its a pretty big game loss for me. It would be great if they work out something for us but if not then we know they didnt "HAVE" to.

Thanks Val for staying in touch with us, i appreciate it.
    Life
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I totally understand where you are coming from Gin, and I agree we don't need compensation (come on, a whole month of 2x already >.>). But I think it has just become a major frustration over time that there is no support for this game on the weekends. Any normal company would have on-call employees for something that needed a quick fix.

That said, thanks for getting this fixed..... now go fix Sanctuary because it just happened there. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    In my honest opinion, they on Sanc are crying more about it than we were whenit happened on the weekend lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RalDrizeyl - Heavens Tear
    RalDrizeyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    from Gin, and I agree we don't need compensation (come on, a whole month of 2x already >.>)

You do know that not everyone plays everyday right? Some people only play on the weekends, some a few times a week and others lose a week or more due to RL. In light of this issue with TT, I don't see nothing wrong with some players asking for a 2x extension. TT farming (especially during 2x) is way for some people to make coin in this game. I don't know why it bothers some of you when people ask for a 2x extension when something like this happens. If Val can give us an extension it would be greatly appreciated. If not at least he's willing to try. No harm in asking.
  • brokenzoo
    brokenzoo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol..... TT has just broken again for a 2nd time.. right before maint, hope you guys can fix it since my accounts are stuck in it x.x
  • NissanSilvia - Heavens Tear
    NissanSilvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TT instance crashed on HT again at 10:40pm server time
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    yup...... this time my main and cleric also locked.......b:cry
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    b:surrender HT will need more than restart for maint...TT is down and I'm stuck insideb:cry
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Bump...since this matter is still active....