[Maintenance Discussion] 7-23-2013 EU Server Upgrade [COMPLETE]

Options
defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Greetings from the PWI Team for the day!

If you were wondering about maintenance, be not afraid.
As today it will happen along with another server upgrade!

This time it will be our lovely EU server, Morai.
However, be warned, the downtime may make you b:cry

But worry not players, as we are here to stay!
Once Morai comes up, lets all give a "Hip hip hooray!"

The downtime is expected to be the usual 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.
Morai will be a bit behind, but it'll be up as soon as it can be!

Now for the question of night:

What monsters, if real, would give you the biggest fright?

Puffbird would make me run and hide.
Those eyes are just too... wide.

Edit:
I almost forgot to say, due to the upgrade we'll only do a restart today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    Better than that, I would give you a smiley face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Puffbird would make me run and hide.
    Those eyes are just too... wide.

Wow what nice poem b:cute I'm never afraid of monsters they're afraid of me.Also first page YES.
    DD are you poet or GM ?f:confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That last boss of trials. jfc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A question for the GM who speaks in rhyme: will you maintain this manner of discourse all the time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Unstoppable - Dreamweaver
    Unstoppable - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I always thought of Shadow Doll as being seriously spooky.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Morai server, bid farewell to bidding hall, cause after 2 weeks after the server upgrade, we in the west coast servr still don't have it. foxy alone
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Fats in Brimstone Pit, that guy looks like he could a psychopath in a "gorror" movie
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I always thought of Shadow Doll as being seriously spooky.

The TT cardboss that looks like it is creepier. It says weird things :(
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • $WetDream$ - Lost City
    $WetDream$ - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    3.3 boss the last 1...terribad boss b:shocked
  • SkyKraten - Archosaur
    SkyKraten - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ethereal abomination b:shockedb:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Rottenflesh abomination. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Roahk - Raging Tide
    Roahk - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Kun Kun ofc.. b:infuriated
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Atuin in morai and Primal Fear in lunar glade
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Seeing how that ''upgrade'' did well on West servers and now it's Morai turn, you can skip East servers, our people love to do TT and not DCing every 3 minutes. =)

If I have my squad with me no boss scare me, if I'm alone maybe Harpy, I don't know never tried that one. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Most terrifying monster? Those Rabid Bloodthirsty hounds that patrol the garden in the new Seat of Torment are seriously creepy.... and they are immune to damage!
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A question for the GM who speaks in rhyme: will you maintain this manner of discourse all the time?

Hm... yes
    I guess
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The moster that creeped me out the most is actually really low level and weak but those little purple flame things at the starter towns. With the really creepy laugh, would scare the beejus out of me if were real. Especially if we ended up with the wraiths but not our characters powers.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Kun kun... I wouldn't be able to kill it b:cry
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Here is the REAL question:
    Will 2x be over when the server update is complete?
    The prices for items we've worked so hard to farm,
    currently, we can't compete;
    And so many are weary, as 2x means we have to work
    hard to finish things only worthwhile during
    the double exp twerk...

Yeah, my rhyme SUCKS. Just asking.
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There are quite many... b:surrender

Noxtouch Boneglows creep me out.. and their kind
    the eyeball trees
    Dogs in new SOT
    Soul Hunter
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    Yuyi - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Are the East servers going on maintenance as well?
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Noxtouch Culler-- (wraithgate) Noxtouch Culler is horrible... creepy glowing eyes.... rotting zombie... glowing death... all bad. Oh and claws instead of fingers and toes. He could like dress up normally.. hiding it all..then just strip down and be all scary.

The Haunted Headless-- (Aba) this dude is all ghostly smoke, knives, and rotting fabrics. add in the fact that instead of a head he has a ball of FIRE. NO. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Suicidal Mass- (SoT) maybe not a BOSS per se... but sorta. this thing is a pregnant female... something. it has a creepy KKK head spire... no eyes.. and just a mouth with 1 tooth. then it carries around a bomb and if you kill it it will probably mess you up. lose lose right there.

Lord of Percussion- (TT) ok this one would frighten me because of the fear of violation. He is big and fat... lets his nipples hang out.. has a BIG drum over his.. er... nether regions.. and caresses the handle of this weapon a little too much. plus those black.. empty ... eyes.

Illusion Nemen- (TT) OK THIS LADY IS PART ANGRY BEACHY WOMAN... and part HORRIBLE GIANT SNAKE. her hands are made of huge knives... and the snake is also adorned with sharp pointy DEATH. NO. nonononononononono

Corpse Orchid- (morai) ANOTHER ANGRY LADY! + this time she is part venomous tree with MOUTHS. I wanna link this to you so you can really appreciate how truly horrible she is. She SEEMS pretty then you see the GIANT ARMS OF ORCHID DEATH dripping with blood and putrid body juices on their fangs. NO.

Shadowskull Lich- (WS) this guy is made of the ashes of his victims, ghostly smoke, and SKULLS. he's an undead necromancer thing.. and chucks glowing HUMAN skulls at you... on top of that as you kill him... he either heals, or breaks into other monsters and comes back AGAIN. stuff of nightmares right there.

Ossein Lord: Venom- (world boss) um... mummified man-cat thing with rotting yet glowing pope hat... no abdominal area... and then four arms that are way too long and covered in glowing death? no thanks.

Foul Sandsadder- (79 card boss) Ok what makes this dude terrifying is that he would most likely irl be very small... and you'd dump them from your shoes... or if you didn't... they bite off your toes. This would seriously be horrible because you would find them in the corners of your house and just scream. Or maybe that's just me.

Obsidian Tarantual- (world) OK THIS THING IS A GIANT STONE SPIDER. 'nuff said. NOPE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In additional to maintenance, please fix the TT instance that crashed at 10:40pm on Heaven's Tear...my main is locked this time b:cry
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    if I saw the Incacerate from Warsong, that'll probably be the only thing that actually scares me.

Happy maint everyone b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Bad enough that I have a minor fear of the ocean and bridges, but if I saw Nightspike Bloodguard swimming while I'm driving over the bridge to the island. .. . . you know what I'll stop b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Bad enough that I have a minor fear of the ocean and bridges, but if I saw Nightspike Bloodguard swimming while I'm driving over the bridge to the island. .. . . you know what I'll stop b:shocked

This!!!

Nightspike (or the last Lunar boss) just creep me out. And Throm (bug ant guy in human 19 if I spelled it wrong). b:shockedb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenunim - Archosaur
    Zenunim - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Fats in Brimstone Pit, that guy looks like he could a psychopath in a "gorror" movie

Go for Reaver Demon. Constantly screaming DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! in normal and wiping squads with aoes, plus self-buffs and heavy bramble... yeah, that guy makes Fats look like a pansy.

EDIT: Jian'rin's Fist, while relatively weak, wins points for being a friggin' disembodied arm chained to the ground and pulling itself after you to stab you to death with its claws. Idle Hands anyone?
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Most bosses don't really scare me all that much appearance wise. What they do scares me, Incarcerate (final boss in a defended warsong) him and his ads just no. I'd have to agree most of the map 5 bosses are tough just because they hit hard, bramble, self buff especially the Enlightened Soul maps like Reaver Demon mentioned above. I'd also have to concur with Nightspike bloodgaurd. Sonic Oppressor massive hate for that world boss >.>;. His pdef debuff and aoe just no.

Also a question for our rhyming teddy bear DefenderofDreams: Who's going to be our new CM or when will this decision be announced? I was quite sad to see V4liance go hes was proactive in making our voices heard.
  • michaeljordan27
    michaeljordan27 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    anyone else bored to death?
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If a little FF head appeared in your room, you know you'd need fresh underwear. Creepy floating head.. no thanks.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.