A Suited Class

Raziyal - Archosaur
Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I'm actually wondering if there is a suited class for somebody who wishes to farm warsong for other toons (on the same account)

i'm basically wondering as my veno isn't built properly to solo a pav but can survive well enough against bosses and most mobs.

Anyway is there a class that is a bit easier to farm from.

I'm considering a cleric (even though she can't solo a pav with her current defences or HP)

:O
101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
102 Archer (Sage)
104 Barb (Sage)
101 Psy (Demon)
104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
Post edited by Raziyal - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any class, really, that can dish out the damage and take the hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Any class, really, that can dish out the damage and take the hits.

I thought as much, guess time to get my retired blademaster out of his closet and get him killing again.
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well if you can't solo on cleric try mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When people just started doing full ws, I couldn't solo a pav either. So I played my cleric until I could do one on my actual main.

Sure, some people demand clerics to solo nowadays but eh. You should be able to find squads that don't. The way I see it is: If you demand the cleric to solo it means you got a DD who cant. And I'd rather have a decent healer than some low DD. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Razi for your cleric you would need like g16 or really good refines to do pavs. I can't do fire without Pains G16 gear + Pataka.

I've tried with just r8 gear she has and its bad o.O

Although if needed i can solo pav for you and they can take you on FW runs^^
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All classes have a pav that is sort of suited for them.

Water: Weak physical mobs but many of them. Good for physical aoers like bm, seeker, or barb.
    Wood: medium physical mobs, medium rate. Good for 1v1 DDs like BM, sin, or seeker.
    Earth: stronger physical mobs, slow rate. Good for 1v1 DDs.
    Fire: ranged magic dd mobs. Good for any ranged class.
    Metal: ranged magic dd mobs. Good for most ranged classes but cleric and archer may have trouble because of reduce metal damage.

Fire and metal are your caster pavs. Many clerics find metal slightly difficult because its a short space with almost no place to kite and also the mobs are metal based so most of your skill damage will be reduced. Cleric's still do metal fine, but its usually better if another ranged dd does it.

If your veno is having trouble try fire. Pet holds the mob while you dd/kite the head.

If you're specifically looking for 1 class thats easier then the others I'd say sins in earth is the easiest pav because its literally triple spark-> kill. Or if you have decent daggers just auto attack. Cleric wont really be any easier to solo a pav on than veno. It sounds like maybe your veno has some issues.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wood: medium physical mobs, medium rate. Good for 1v1 DDs like BM, sin, or seeker.

Wood is easy to do too, on my mystic wood is even my favorite one to do over metal and fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Water: Weak physical mobs but many of them. Good for physical aoers like bm, seeker, or barb.
    Earth: stronger physical mobs, slow rate. Good for 1v1 DDs.
    Fire: ranged magic dd mobs. Good for any ranged class.
    Metal: ranged magic dd mobs. Good for most ranged classes but cleric and archer may have trouble because of reduce metal damage.

I'd also add, Earth has absolutely no magic resistance so if your AA toon can take a few physical damage hits then Earth is great for AA classes. The same applies to Wood but Wood has slightly higher magic resistance and less room to kite compared to Earth.

Additionally, evolved pets are pretty strong and they should be able to tank the mobs (but be careful of them exploding) or at least assist you in killing. I'd suggest trying to defend some Pavilions on your Venomancer. You might be able to do it.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Evil Electric Leopardo
    Metal: 1132
    pdef: 7133
    Wood: 1132
    Water: 0
    Fire: 0
    Earth: 0

(They should focus on the metal skills and veno/mystic have same or worse handicap).

I've tried defending 3 of the pavillions so far on Mystic. They seemed about the same difficulty to me.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you're a HA veno, try Earth pav.

If you like AA, try anything with a high channeling build and high DD - wiz or psychic.
    Cleric does pretty well too, and you might not ever have to solo; often the barb duos with the cleric, and cleric seems to be the class most people don't expect to solo for some reason.

If you like HA, go for anything with good aoes and defenses - seeker or bm.

Barb is a pretty good class too; like cleric, you don't often have to solo, plus you'll have a fairly easy time finding squads, even if they basically need you only for buffs and support XD
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Haha thanks guys, i've decided to actually get my BM out of retirement, as i solo'd a pav on my sisters BM and found that i could actually do quite a bit.

Its difficult with my veno due to her low hp pool, he defences are fine... magic mobs hurt but physical mobs just tickle.

I wont be refining high or at all on my veno till i get the molds i need then i can actually do some dmg haha
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Funny thing is that most cleric that "can't" solo fire don't think they can because they do not kill the mobs fast enough, even though the mobs never actually have to die as long as you can tank the damage. Wife was doing fire solo back in r8 gear when the new WS came out just by slowly killing and staying alive by kiting/IHing herself. The head was the only thing she really had to keep an eye on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Funny thing is that most cleric that "can't" solo fire don't think they can because they do not kill the mobs fast enough, even though the mobs never actually have to die as long as you can tank the damage. Wife was doing fire solo back in r8 gear when the new WS came out just by slowly killing and staying alive by kiting/IHing herself. The head was the only thing she really had to keep an eye on.

True, Clerics can easily solo metal or fire with r8 or G15 vana weapons. If they can't then they are just not good. That's all.

Learn how to play guys and you can do things you would've never imagined (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When people just started doing full ws, I couldn't solo a pav either. So I played my cleric until I could do one on my actual main.

Sure, some people demand clerics to solo nowadays but eh. You should be able to find squads that don't. The way I see it is: If you demand the cleric to solo it means you got a DD who cant. And I'd rather have a decent healer than some low DD. b:surrender

I always find it funny ppl want sins to solo a Lord of captivation buff pavilion when clerics normally cant even solo fire b:laugh. Some lowly DD? Give me a break, i was soloing earth w/ +3 ;v95 morai daggers when i know cleric who couldnt until they were +5 g16. It isn't hard to heal, try controlling your aggro w/ +10 daggers, even unsparked it can be hard (and yes i can tank ws bosses, I don't like to because some of them frenzy).
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My cleric can do pretty well on fire path with what is essentially considered "****" gear by today's standards. TT 99 glaive +6 with 1 sapphire gem - 99 gold arms/legs - Lunar green chest and legs (all refined +4 at most - socketed with a mixture of garnets and citrines -perfects at best). Definitely not a powerhouse at all. I do well at keeping healed and dealing damage. Suicide mobs don't hurt you at range - and you just keep the head asleep and immobilized. let the mobs stack if you must then throw out some aoe combo of razor feathers and tempest. Triple spark that combo with cloud eruption to regenerate two more sparks. It takes some work, but its doable with less than g16 or even nirvy stage 2 gears. Even smoother if you have a barb to play with the head. Remember you don't actually have to kill every last mob - just keep the NPC alive. So if you can heal tank half the path until some other DD finishes his path and comes to help out - that counts as a successful defense.

I used to do paths on barb with a cleric to assist with the head for me - though it seems here lately that most clerics actually prefer to be the ones doing the fighting and let the barb do the distracting. Either way works. What doesn't chime well for me is when a DD says "I need help on my path." In that case, I might as well be soling it on barb these days, since I can solo any of them realistically speaking.

Seeker does well on water, even in gears lower than nirvy. I did on seeker with a tt90 gold sword. Granted I was charmed, but I mostly sat there in vortex and tanked the head's damage. When mobs came in, BP kept me healed well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My cleric can do pretty well on fire path with what is essentially considered "****" gear by today's standards. TT 99 glaive +6 with 1 sapphire gem - 99 gold arms/legs - Lunar green chest and legs (all refined +4 at most - socketed with a mixture of garnets and citrines -perfects at best). Definitely not a powerhouse at all. I do well at keeping healed and dealing damage. Suicide mobs don't hurt you at range - and you just keep the head asleep and immobilized. let the mobs stack if you must then throw out some aoe combo of razor feathers and tempest. Triple spark that combo with cloud eruption to regenerate two more sparks. It takes some work, but its doable with less than g16 or even nirvy stage 2 gears. Even smoother if you have a barb to play with the head. Remember you don't actually have to kill every last mob - just keep the NPC alive. So if you can heal tank half the path until some other DD finishes his path and comes to help out - that counts as a successful defense.

I used to do paths on barb with a cleric to assist with the head for me - though it seems here lately that most clerics actually prefer to be the ones doing the fighting and let the barb do the distracting. Either way works. What doesn't chime well for me is when a DD says "I need help on my path." In that case, I might as well be soling it on barb these days, since I can solo any of them realistically speaking.

Seeker does well on water, even in gears lower than nirvy. I did on seeker with a tt90 gold sword. Granted I was charmed, but I mostly sat there in vortex and tanked the head's damage. When mobs came in, BP kept me healed well.

TY a rare player that actually can play this game (:

All others get an example from this! period.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • feymir
    feymir Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure why people always have such low expectations for clerics (even people who are clerics themselves). Clerics can solo every pav--they have seals and heals.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    make a mystic like mine with cleric buff,mystic buff,sage bm buff = 29k physical,great mag attack...beast!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    HA Veno, And Pure Mag cleric here.

With HA Veno I couldn't kill the mobs until I got my G16 sword. Now Earth and Fire are a breeze. I can do Wood pretty well, need a floater for metal mostly because a lack of space to move around and the mobs run from herc and I tend to aggro the running monkey there.

Cleric with R8 Weapon I was able to solo Fire, and Metal with a floater. Never tried any other pav.

Either way veno or cleric can both be floaters and there is always an extra person in squad to either be your float, your you be theirs. Just be ready to be on your own if they had to help someone and vice versa.

IMO, it is reall all about practice makes perfect, once you learn how to kite the head things get easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Zenunim - Archosaur
    Zenunim - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you're specifically looking for 1 class thats easier then the others I'd say sins in earth is the easiest pav because its literally triple spark-> kill. Or if you have decent daggers just auto attack. Cleric wont really be any easier to solo a pav on than veno. It sounds like maybe your veno has some issues.

Seeker on water's easier if you have bp. Just sit back and let autopot hold vortex, if you get purged drop and spam aoes or kite and aoe (depending on your gear). First time I solo'd water, I was using TT90 armor and a lunar gold Unbowed One. It's pretty simple.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMO, it is reall all about practice makes perfect, once you learn how to kite the head things get easier.

^ that's true and it's also true that Clerics can defend Metal/Fire by just kiting and healing themselves, not necessarily by killing the monsters. That's how my Cleric did it before I got a G16 Nirvana weapon I could account stash with my toons.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★