What is the most helpfull/needed class atm?

Options
2»

Comments

• ickbotcrane
    ickbotcrane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That is, Of course, Why I posted this in the Raging Tide server symposium sub-forum.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That is, Of course, Why I posted this in the Raging Tide server symposium sub-forum.

Owned.

In terms of TW, cata barbs and clerics that actually heal are always needed. Can never have too many barbs or clerics.

Idrgaf about PvE since you'll be able to complete it whatever class you play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

I think you missed the last part I posted. The best way to find out what class is needed most is to sit in the game and watch world chat. Through world chat you will find out what class is truly needed. Posting on this forum won't really help you figure it out. Mainly, the people who post here aren't very reflective of the population in game. You just need to sit down next to the main BH guy and you will see what everyone needs.
  • ickbotcrane
    ickbotcrane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I think you missed the last part I posted. The best way to find out what class is needed most is to sit in the game and watch world chat. Through world chat you will find out what class is truly needed. Posting on this forum won't really help you figure it out. Mainly, the people who post here aren't very reflective of the population in game. You just need to sit down next to the main BH guy and you will see what everyone needs.

This is not entirely true. Because if it were a year and a half ago I would have had to assume the game only needed 5 aps sins, 5 aps 5 aps 5 aps. When what it really needed at the time was a decent squad comp and people to not be lazy ****heads.

So I dont trust worldchat, Much too bias. I'd rather take my chance watching what people who visit forums say.

Like right now, Of course I would see that people want barbs/clerics, But what do they want? end game barbs/clerics. Theres no fun in playing a class everyone will constantly **** on you for if you dont have the end game gear by the time you join up.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    depends on alot of things, i went mystic, and i've had fc squads turn down clerics because alot or clerics tody cant heal, saddest thing i saw was a 98 barb in tiger form, had 6k hp....im 94 and have4k hp, 25 in vit lol....ppl need to learn to play their class or gtfo, plain and simple, it doesnt matter what class you pick, though fishies and wizzi's are really pointless, and i know some ****** wizzi or fish will post after saying not true, but when i form fc if there is a wiz or psychisc that wants to come i say "sorry full" sins only get in cod cos bp makes my job as healer a little bit easier.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    depends on alot of things, i went mystic, and i've had fc squads turn down clerics because alot or clerics tody cant heal, saddest thing i saw was a 98 barb in tiger form, had 6k hp....im 94 and have4k hp, 25 in vit lol....ppl need to learn to play their class or gtfo, plain and simple, it doesnt matter what class you pick, though fishies and wizzi's are really pointless, and i know some ****** wizzi or fish will post after saying not true, but when i form fc if there is a wiz or psychisc that wants to come i say "sorry full" sins only get in cod cos bp makes my job as healer a little bit easier.

spoken like a true FCbaby b:cute
    you only purge once #yopo
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In RT, my opinion would be any class. Sure you can never have enough Clerics and Barbs, since they both are needed for both PvE and PvP, but all the other classes are just as useful.

-Seekers for anything that involves AoEs, as well as their weapon buffs
    -Mystics for additional heals, as well as buffs (20% extra skill damage helps a lot actually)
    -Clerics for buffs/support/resurrecting
    -Barbs for anything that involves pulling, tanking, and buffs
    -BMs for great AoE needs, as well as buffs, crowd control, and HF
    -Venos for purging in places like Warsong and Lunar, and for support (amp, chi management, debuffs)
    -Wizards and Psychics for massive magical damage since now instances are supporting physical-immune or anti-aps mobs/bosses, as well as AoE needs.
    -Archers for debuffs such as Blood Vow, STA, as well as doubling as having good magic damage through their metal skills
    -Assassins for their infamous highest single-target DPS in the game, bloodpaint, and stealth abuse.

There are more reasons, but I just listed the ones off the top of my head. Every class is just as needed nowadays. I'd choose one that you enjoy the most.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    In RT, my opinion would be any class. Sure you can never have enough Clerics and Barbs, since they both are needed for both PvE and PvP, but all the other classes are just as useful.

-Seekers for anything that involves AoEs, as well as their weapon buffs
    -Mystics for additional heals, as well as buffs (20% extra skill damage helps a lot actually)
    -Clerics for buffs/support/resurrecting
    -Barbs for anything that involves pulling, tanking, and buffs
    -BMs for great AoE needs, as well as buffs, crowd control, and HF
    -Venos for purging in places like Warsong and Lunar, and for support (amp, chi management, debuffs)
    -Wizards and Psychics for massive magical damage since now instances are supporting physical-immune or anti-aps mobs/bosses, as well as AoE needs.
    -Archers for debuffs such as Blood Vow, STA, as well as doubling as having good magic damage through their metal skills
    -Assassins for their infamous highest single-target DPS in the game, bloodpaint, and stealth abuse.

There are more reasons, but I just listed the ones off the top of my head. Every class is just as needed nowadays. I'd choose one that you enjoy the most.

there are things that i agree and things that i think you don't mention :)

every class can be damage dealer. so every class can be a support class. 1 time i got lucky doing BH aba with 3 barb and 3 cleric. the instance is done perfectly, the other occasion my friend rank 9 recast cleric can be puller and tank in Bh delta since we cant get any barb or good puller and 6 people in squad are all caster class. veno and other caster class can be a good puller in BH warsong, if they know what their doing. my veno always be puller in bh warsong. since i am the one who always make squad :) with t3 nirvana and rank 9 recast everything is possible now in pve. in pvp especially in TW (i am not so good for this) but yeah every class has their own role, like cleric main role is to heal, veno role is to purge, bramble, crush vigor, bewitch etc but it doesn't mean they cant use their other skill they have to attack.

and for cleric u forgot to mention heal, for me cleric is still main healer whether we have mystic. i mean mystic is a good healer, but still the main healer is cleric.

for the Op, if you really love to help others, i think you can try barb and cleric since everyone love them.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Like right now, Of course I would see that people want barbs/clerics, But what do they want? end game barbs/clerics. Theres no fun in playing a class everyone will constantly **** on you for if you dont have the end game gear by the time you join up.

Some people will **** on you no matter what class you play if you don't have gear that meets their narrow preconceived standards. Playing a class that people need more might actually benefit you in this regard, as because you're so needed, they might look past your gear.

I was doing FC on my cleric with 2.5k HP and blue NPC armor back in the day. Most of my squads never complained though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    play a cleric!

that feeling when ur squad coming to trust u in a hard fight, w/o even speaking a word, is the best!! cleric skill cap is high, but if u show people u know what to do, they will love u!
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The real answer to the OPs question is barb. They are most needed and least played.
    /thread.

EDIT: before there is a dispute i will clarify. They are most needed because clerics are much easier to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]