meridian system completing first cycle

2»

Comments

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I just finished passing that "flame meridian", after like a week and a half. For the first tries, after I'd get 1 life gate and fail the next one the positions of the gates did reset.

But after having idk how many fails for a week I think the positions actually stopped resetting. Because for the last 4 "shuts" and the 5th which I got right, the first life gate was always the same. I was suppose there's sill a chance of me just getting those random positions but what are the odds of the same gate being a life one 5 times in a row?
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm trying to gather up 100+ of each so I can just spam death/life spots if I need too.

If it's worth doing...
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm trying to gather up 100+ of each so I can just spam death/life spots if I need too.

If it's worth doing...

It is worth doing. Most of my low refined/non cit chars should crack 9k+ hp, with a couple creeping up on 10-11k if I get the whole thing finished. It's basically a free bonus, so no reason not to do it.

My technique is to only click about 5 points per day and spam when it comes time to move on to the next meridian.
    So far most of my chars have finished the first one, and 3 are almost finished the second.
    Clicking 2 in a row is by far the most annoying >< If it didn't completely reset it would be much easier (clearly designed to make you want to cs pills, but that's just silly XD ).
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is worth doing. Most of my low refined/non cit chars should crack 9k+ hp, with a couple creeping up on 10-11k if I get the whole thing finished. It's basically a free bonus, so no reason not to do it.

My technique is to only click about 5 points per day and spam when it comes time to move on to the next meridian.
    So far most of my chars have finished the first one, and 3 are almost finished the second.
    Clicking 2 in a row is by far the most annoying >< If it didn't completely reset it would be much easier (clearly designed to make you want to cs pills, but that's just silly XD ).

My characters had opened 2 gates already.

Yesterday was day of death for my Cleric and Wizard (Cleric had to teleport out after death to ressurent himself).

I tried to kill Stygean Quartermaster.

Since he do physical damage, which had been reduced for my Wizard to 1600 in BB and Cleric had not power to heal this damage, then my party died 3 times:

1. Used equipment with hp bonus and 59% physical damage reduction.
    Died.
    2. Used equipments with 61% damage reduction and less hp, but got aggro of mob with Sacrificial Assault and Stygean Quartermaster in same time.
    Killed mob, but then had been killed by boss.
    3. Used above equipment, but died anyway.

Now my Wizard has 35.6% of experience (64.4% to level 84) and all of them got from mobs and quests (not including bh).
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My characters had opened 2 gates already.

Yesterday was day of death for my Cleric and Wizard (Cleric had to teleport out after death to ressurent himself).

I tried to kill Stygean Quartermaster.

Since he do physical damage, which had been reduced for my Wizard to 1600 in BB and Cleric had not power to heal this damage, then my party died 3 times:

1. Used equipment with hp bonus and 59% physical damage reduction.
    Died.
    2. Used equipments with 61% damage reduction and less hp, but got aggro of mob with Sacrificial Assault and Stygean Quartermaster in same time.
    Killed mob, but then had been killed by boss.
    3. Used above equipment, but died anyway.

Now my Wizard has 35.6% of experience (64.4% to level 84) and all of them got from mobs and quests (not including bh).

Nice story b:pleased
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've completed the first cycle of Meridians, gotten past the Flame Meridian that opens in the center afterwards. Currently on GV3 of the Second cycle. After you complete the Flame Meridian you go up the CV side and down the GV side so I am almost done with the second round with my 5 attempts with Mystical Pills and 2 Holy pill attempts per day. But I only have 1 life gate to find in GV3, and the rest I figure will be the same so gonna be here awhile. I haven't heard any news of ppl being further than this but I could be wrong.
  • Astionkrim - Heavens Tear
    Astionkrim - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is just an observation I need to test it further but I read about and noticed the small words dath gate and the big ones Death Gate. Well I was wondering if the big words mean your close to a living gate and small means your not close like hot n cold. So far it seems like that's how it's been working but It still might just be coincidence. I'll keep testing it though but it's just an observation I noticed.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is just an observation I need to test it further but I read about and noticed the small words dath gate and the big ones Death Gate. Well I was wondering if the big words mean your close to a living gate and small means your not close like hot n cold. So far it seems like that's how it's been working but It still might just be coincidence. I'll keep testing it though but it's just an observation I noticed.

Hmmm, good to know I`ll test this also, and 1 gate from opening 3rd circle also, takes a while though, only 1 living gate x.x
  • Glaydross - Sanctuary
    Glaydross - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My sister found out that there are Shut gates. When you hit one of those, it resets and you have to start all over again! I've discovered that you must hit a Open gate to pass the Flame level. Death gates and Live gates don't do anything at all.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My sister found out that there are Shut gates. When you hit one of those, it resets and you have to start all over again! I've discovered that you must hit a Open gate to pass the Flame level. Death gates and Live gates don't do anything at all.
    There are only two types of gates on the board, Live and Death.

You get a Shut gate if you hit a Death gate after finding a Live gate.

You get an Open gate if you hit a Live gate after finding a Live gate.
  • eastre
    eastre Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Kinda noob in this new meridian system as I wasn't in game for some time and was back a few days ago. I read the short official guide posted on PWI News but not sure I got it all.
    After we open the central meridian silouette in our bag, we have to click on the first CV1 dot, then another circle with 48 dots opens and we have to click on a random live dot to open CV1 meridian. This will consume a mystical pill, if we fail we can try again till we find a live dot. When CV1 is open we need to do the same with all other dots in the first circle following the order CV1, 2, 5, 6, 14, 17, 18, 21 or simply following numbers, so CV1, GV1, CV2, GV2, GV3, GV4, CV5, CV6 and so on? Once all dots on this circle are lightened and active we have to unlock the center of the silouette? How to do it? And after all this is unlocked you get a second circle with same number and names of first one, but this time you have to click 2 live dots in a row to unlock each meridian?
    Can you please explain me how this works and if I got at least something right? b:surrender
    Thanks so much for the help b:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First time around, it's CV1, CV2, ..., CV21, CV22, GV1, GV2, ..., GV20, GV24. Each of these require finding one living gate to open.

You then have to unlock the center, by finding 2 living gates in a row.

The second time around, you have to find 1 living gate again, in the order CV1, CV2, ..., CV21, CV22, GV24, GV20, ..., GV2, GV1.

After that I can't tell you, I'm currently on GV2 on the second circle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • eastre
    eastre Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the answer, now the real problem is to find 2 open gates in a row lol
    Wasting a lot of pills, not so lucky there b:sad
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    eastre wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer, now the real problem is to find 2 open gates in a row lol
    Wasting a lot of pills, not so lucky there b:sad

Wait till you get to 4th circle, nearly all gates will require 2x in a row, quite annoying.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with Angel_Spawn,
    I am third circle GV 20 with 10 living gates need 2 in a row and have hit shut after life gate ~30X so far b:angry b:laugh just trying to open it.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Gates system confuses me sometimes as well, 10 deaths in a row
This discussion has been closed.