What is the most helpfull/needed class atm?

Options
ickbotcrane
ickbotcrane Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Tideswell (East)
In your eyes what classes are there not quite enough of to satisfy everyones needs?
Post edited by ickbotcrane on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2013
    Options
    GOOD barbs, sins and seekers. Kitty thinks there's never too many of them.

Too many seekers don't know how to use stances(and don't seem to learn, however much they are told how they work) and don't use shatters correctly on bosses(if they use them at all, forgetting them on one boss might be forgivable, but not on all bosses. And they should time Soulshatter to wizzie's or psychic's triple-sparkf:hehe).

Too many sins don't seem to have vital skills learnt(or they just don't use them) and don't unleash their full damage potential by using chi skills and having constant triple spark even before full APS gears. This of course if knowing how to use them correctly so they wouldn't be on CD all at once.

Too many barbs invoke even when facing couple mobs that don't hurt a **** and complain about not having enough chi(YOU HAVE BESTIAL RAGE!!!f:fume). Not to mention wasting chi on Flesh Ream when they clearly can't keep aggro and would profit squad better by using Devour, if the aggrothief can tank. This even when told a dozen times to use Devour f:fume
    And barbs that have p. def. ornaments and wipe with just a couple relatively low-hitting magic mobs on themf:shame

Kitty's the one to talk about this. She never does any mistakesf:hush

And Kitty ish sowwy for yet another QQ-post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In your eyes what classes are there not quite enough of to satisfy everyones needs?

I have not been paying attention, but the best thing to do is log on with whatever character you made to your liking first. Then watch world chat for as long as you need to come to a conclusion as to what everyone needs.

Also, this depends on what you are talking about... such as, are there specific classes needed for bh quests
    (this would be of the PvE arena of the game)...

If you are talking for TW (territory wars)... The classes may be the same classes needed, but possibly different paths with regard to demon/sage builds. This also depends from faction to faction at that point. In this case, I would approach an officer of any factions you might want to join when you happen to see one (using world chat because "I need to speak with an officer of faction Xxx" I would guess would be a bad idea diplomacy-wise to make a good impression)... And you would need to ask directly, because factions will rarely specifically state any particular class/classes they need on world chat...

As far as this goes, I would say not assassins (sins) due to the fact most factions want sins to be of higher level than other potential applicants... Whereas you may see something to effect of say barbarians or wizards being stated at lower levels (varies faction to faction though) compared to other applicants levels requested... This would indicate a faction is really in need of those classes.

Good luck to ya b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Barbs are highly needed for under lvl 100 instances, also I've noticed a lack of sins.

I don't see much mystics or wizards in PK.

For 100+ PVE... meh, hard to tell what they would lack.. Healers/BMs maybe.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Clerics and Barbarians are always in demand. If you're looking to do something other than play a support role, people usually ask for Seekers for various things. Blademasters are also useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Archers are highly unwanted on PvE. So unles you plan to TW or PvP a lot, I wouldn't recommend roll one.

Same happens with Mystics imho. People will only take a mystic if they can't get a cleric or if he/she is OP.

I mean, in today's metagame everything is 5aps or GTFO. If you are not a 5aps, better be a demon HF Blademaster, or a Sage Amplify Veno, or a +12 R9rr Sekker who can aoe and heal himself just with bloodpaint.

Tho even clerics and barbs are wanted on high instances, they're not always needed since 5aps can pretty much heal themselves if they have bloodpaint buffs and crab meats.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ickbotcrane
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Then I have lowered my selection to Barb, seeker, or cleric. Lets discuss PVE, Do barbs fall off post-100 in demandability for squads? Are seekers only good once you can afford to go full-pay mode? Have clerics stopped getting so much hate-rage at every little stupid thing someone does in dungeons?
    And KittySama are you by chance available/willing to teach one to not make mistakes?
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Then I have lowered my selection to Barb, seeker, or cleric. Lets discuss PVE, Do barbs fall off post-100 in demandability for squads? Are seekers only good once you can afford to go full-pay mode? Have clerics stopped getting so much hate-rage at every little stupid thing someone does in dungeons?
    And KittySama are you by chance available/willing to teach one to not make mistakes?

From what Kitty has seen as seeker doing lvl 100 stuff, barbs are quite demanded as many bosses are safer to do with one. And barb buffs+Devour isn't something even APS-squads would like to go without easily.
    Seekers are good if you have a well-prepared genie, are ready to pay for some Apoths and learn how your debuffs work. That way seeker doesn't need super-gears to do most stuff. At least Kitty ish not doing too badly using TT90-gears(upgraded to T2-weapon last weekend, went long with TT90 gold blade. Trying to get lunar nirvie-armors soon). Of course having G16 makes seeker even far stronger.
    Clerics are still pretty much blamed on if something goes wrong. But Kitty doesn't know too much about them as Kitty's not played or seen one being played at lvl 100 dungeons.

And that "Kitty never does mistakes" was pretty much sarcasm. Though Kitty indeed seems to do less mistakes than many players that Kitty has seen. Common sense and strict self-observation helps to cut them out(believe Kitty, common sense doesn't seem to be as common as it looks like as a word).f:shame
    But Kitty ish willing to teach how to avoid some mistakes to anyone who's ready to listen. Too bad that many doesn't seem to want, rather continuing doing their less effective way and perhaps kicking Kitty from squad if Kitty points them where they could improve.
    And like some even have as signatures, this game ish much about rinse and repeat. Kitty's done, for example, FC so much that most things she does come automatically without Kitty thinking much about what she ish doing. If Kitty ish doing something she's not done before, she might go by instinct.

Kitty ish sowwy for wall of text f:shame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • ickbotcrane
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The wall of text is much forgiveable considering it pretty much sticks to the point. I will think much on the subject. If worst comes to worst I can always roll two seperate characters.
  • FluffyPanda - Raging Tide
    FluffyPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ahem, let fluffy start by saying it is in fact barbs who are the most needed and helpful class. Clerics are also the most needed and helpful class. Every other class is everywhere, mostly the fish and hippies. Fluffy sees people always wanting barbs, clerics, and of course GOOD DD's who don't have gear from the stone ages. Barbs are needed for pulling, grabbing aggro from anything that may be, but shouldn't be, smacking your cleric and/or stupid team mates who can't avoid mobs even though they can be TEN STORIES HIGH they won't avoid them. Being a barb, fluffy can just set out a world chat and get a spam of PM's from people who want a barb for whatever. Bob Barker should be here to say to spay or neuter our tideborn to help control their population, don't be a fish. BM's can be good but you of course will be expected to go with APS as well as axes. A good starting class fluffy says be a cleric, you just sit in 1 spot after level 59 anyway, so get used to being in a blue hamster ball you can't roll around in, but it's an easy job assuming your DD's aren't with gear from the stone ages, and a tank isn't made of paper. Though being a barb is expensive as it is, if you can't tank you can't go to the instance (kind of stupid but people DO need a tank) which makes gear farming a bit difficult, so it's both time consuming AND expensive, unless you have an obese wallet. Fluffy hopes this helps your decision.
  • ickbotcrane
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Indeed it has sir fluffy, Unfortunatly I am thinking I will steer clear of Barbs on account of their expenses. Probably could be mitigated somehow but I am probably going to go with cleric for a week then try out seeker and see which i like more.
    Which sucks because I used to love to play barbs.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ahem, let fluffy start by saying it is in fact barbs who are the most needed and helpful class. Clerics are also the most needed and helpful class. Every other class is everywhere, mostly the fish and hippies. Fluffy sees people always wanting barbs, clerics, and of course GOOD DD's who don't have gear from the stone ages. Barbs are needed for pulling, grabbing aggro from anything that may be, but shouldn't be, smacking your cleric and/or stupid team mates who can't avoid mobs even though they can be TEN STORIES HIGH they won't avoid them. Being a barb, fluffy can just set out a world chat and get a spam of PM's from people who want a barb for whatever. Bob Barker should be here to say to spay or neuter our tideborn to help control their population, don't be a fish. BM's can be good but you of course will be expected to go with APS as well as axes. A good starting class fluffy says be a cleric, you just sit in 1 spot after level 59 anyway, so get used to being in a blue hamster ball you can't roll around in, but it's an easy job assuming your DD's aren't with gear from the stone ages, and a tank isn't made of paper. Though being a barb is expensive as it is, if you can't tank you can't go to the instance (kind of stupid but people DO need a tank) which makes gear farming a bit difficult, so it's both time consuming AND expensive, unless you have an obese wallet. Fluffy hopes this helps your decision.

Oh god another third person speaker

Anyways roll a barb or a cleric. These days BB takes care of all good tanks since they either are barbs with enough defense and HP to begin with that they last just fine till the next BB tick, or are BM/sins getting more BP heals than you can every provide as a cleric

If you're rich then +10 a pair of axes and a pair of claws and +10 a set of APS gear and a set of PVP/tanking gear and roll clawbarb. No one will ever know until your frighten-devour-stomp-spark aps takes all the aggro.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you're rich then +10 a pair of axes and a pair of claws and +10 a set of APS gear and a set of PVP/tanking gear and roll clawbarb. No one will ever know until your frighten-devour-stomp-spark aps takes all the aggro.

No dex barb plox. I'm sick of those APS barbs who can tank less than my cleric even though I've got out dated gear.

If you're rich, you won't have to gimp yourself with APS build anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No dex barb plox. I'm sick of those APS barbs who can tank less than my cleric even though I've got out dated gear.

If you're rich, you won't have to gimp yourself with APS build anyway.

I beg your pardon but when I used to play clawbarb I had at least 25k hp standing. Clawbarb is fun. You can solo many bosses with just BP and self buffs thanks to invoke and genie skills. If you are needed in team play you can go full axe and tiger. There had been numerous times when I was the only one alive and had to solo tank and kill a boss while other ppl just die. Try soloing that TT3-3 colossus with just self buff all by yourself. Note (OP sins are excluded)

*I don't exist*
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I beg your pardon but when I used to play clawbarb

So you don't play clawbarb anymore? Why?
    I had at least 25k hp standing.

Like I said, if you're already rich, you don't need to gimp yourself by going APS build.

Clawbarb is fun. You can solo many bosses with just BP and self buffs

Because triple spark f1 is fun. But whatever floats your boat.
    Try soloing that TT3-3 colossus with just self buff all by yourself. Note (OP sins are excluded)

Solo'ed that boss on my cleric about 2 years ago just for the lulz. It took a while, but it happened eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    dosen't rly matter what you roll what there is a sever lack of is ppl who play the toon well, if you want easy squads roll barb/cleric/BM every1 wants tank/buffs/heals/HF if you want to get invited back into good squads regularly though, roll w/e and learn to use it properly i.e dont go claw barb not all are fail ppl just dont trust em, don't PD+3spark+Frenzy on a boss u cant tank and qq wen ur *** gets dropped if ur a sin, dont afk in BB on a cleric etc etc etc
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    *rolls eyes

people still think clawbarbs as the old TT90 chest G15 legs TT99 arm/leg LA orns 8K HP standing things with +5 deicides lol?

R9 pieces are R9rr; entering stats too much work

Imagine if 20 vit shards did come out, though

30K standing up 5aps with +12 G16 fists b:dirty, more since r9 should be r9rr

EDIT: I rolled a barb to tank, not to stand around and be a debuff/buff monkey; that's why I (aim for) clawbarb
    Channels

edited July 2013
    Options

Thank you for making my case for me.

My alt barb that has TT99 +5 has almost the same HP as your claw barb.

Edit: Didn't see that you didn't have tiger form on. Either way, this barb costs about 1/1000th the cost of your claw barb and has 4k less hp than your clawbarb in human form. This is actually what my alt barb has. (Note the +3 on some gear and 3 sockets of immaculate citrines.)

EDIT: I rolled a barb to tank, not to stand around and be a debuff/buff monkey; that's why I (aim for) clawbarb

You don't need barbs to tank PvE anymore, so there isn't a necessity to go clawbarb. Any claw bm or sin with equal or better gear would do a better job in terms of DD and tank just as well.

What barbs NEED to tank though, is an entire faction raining down on you as you drag your cata to their crystal.

Claws don't help you with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thank you for making my case for me.

My alt barb that has TT99 +5 has almost the same HP as your claw barb.

Edit: Didn't see that you didn't have tiger form on. Either way, this barb costs about 1/1000th the cost of your claw barb and has 4k less hp than your clawbarb in human form. This is actually what my alt barb has. (Note the +3 on some gear and 3 sockets of immaculate citrines.)

What's with this idea that a barb is defined by his HP lol? So your vit barb has the same HP as the example clawbarb I posted. But what can he tank for, a squad of R8 wizards? By the time that barb is done losing aggro (pretty much instantly) a clawbarb's aps squad just ate a quarter of a boss's HP, and the boss is still hitting the barb.

You don't need barbs to tank PvE anymore, so there isn't a necessity to go clawbarb. Any claw bm or sin with equal or better gear would do a better job in terms of DD and tank just as well.

Show me a BM or sin that can pop solid shield, go into tiger, frighten and/or invoke when **** hits the fan. Oh yea, clawbarb got all the chi in the world so it can invoke whenever lol. G16 +12 tier DPS, BP with invoke and solid shield? You never die

What barbs NEED to tank though, is an entire faction raining down on you as you drag your cata to their crystal.

Claws don't help you with that.

Who said I was rolling a cata? If I wanted to roll a cata I will roll a cata

Replies in red

Here's a much less expensive clawbarb

Here he is in Tiger

Don't think I can stress enough that APS barb is always an endgame option, meaning it's what you go for after your tanking gear is done and separate APS gears are at least +7 with G9+ gems
    Channels

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There is 1 fist barb and his name is Blood_Tyrant, every other fist/claw barb can gtfo.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What's with this idea that a barb is defined by his HP lol? So your vit barb has the same HP as the example clawbarb I posted. But what can he tank for, a squad of R8 wizards? By the time that barb is done losing aggro (pretty much instantly) a clawbarb's aps squad just ate a quarter of a boss's HP, and the boss is still hitting the barb.

Show me a BM or sin that can pop solid shield, go into tiger, frighten and/or invoke when **** hits the fan. Oh yea, clawbarb got all the chi in the world so it can invoke whenever lol. G16 +12 tier DPS, BP with invoke and solid shield? You never die

Combined these 2 points because they lead to the same thing.

Show me one PvE instance a BM or Sin of average and above gear can't already solo successfully without dying.

And you mean to tell me that a clawbarb will out-dps a r9 sin? I think not.

Who said I was rolling a cata? If I wanted to roll a cata I will roll a cata

Best friggin reasoning right here.

Who said anything about rolling squish barb? If i wanted to roll a squish barb I will roll a squish barb.

Sweetheart, that last part was emphasizing what barbs ACTUALLY HAVE to tank. You somehow are stuck with the notion that PvE in this game is insanely difficult which it isn't.

Don't think I can stress enough that APS barb is always an endgame option, meaning it's what you go for after your tanking gear is done and separate APS gears are at least +7 with G9+ gems

Yes, it's an option. So is the AA barb that boogiepanda pulled off. That was an option too.

Point is, you're gimping yourself one way or another when it really isn't necessary.

"Oh but claw barbs are fun" - I really don't see what's so fun about triple spark/auto attack. That's literally everything you can do as a clawbarb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Combined these 2 points because they lead to the same thing.

Show me one PvE instance a BM or Sin of average and above gear can't already solo successfully without dying.

And you mean to tell me that a clawbarb will out-dps a r9 sin? I think not.

When did I say you're gonna outdps them lol? Devour + stomp of the king, aps, drop to tiger just before their spark cycles end and repeat. Every 1.5 spark cycles (stomp CD is 20 seconds) you give yourself a ~300K damage lead. Pretty much going to hold aggro for more than long enough to 100-0 any boss if your sin is R9rr (if that's what you mean since G16 claws and daggers aren't that different and 5aps G16 is not exactly super-crappy compared to R9 first cast)

If the sin is r9 good; let that sin tank and make his life easier by supporting DD and dropping a devour + frighten every spark cycle instead of devour+ stomp and putting out massive damage to kill boss faster.

Best friggin reasoning right here.

Who said anything about rolling squish barb? If i wanted to roll a squish barb I will roll a squish barb.

Sweetheart, that last part was emphasizing what barbs ACTUALLY HAVE to tank. You somehow are stuck with the notion that PvE in this game is insanely difficult which it isn't.

The whole reason why aps barb is at all viable is because of the presumption that pve is easy enough that a barb no longer needs full vit to even function and can turn into a hybrid DPS tank instead

And I think we've established that a modern endgame aps barb is anything but squishy

Yes, it's an option. So is the AA barb that boogiepanda pulled off. That was an option too.

Point is, you're gimping yourself one way or another when it really isn't necessary.

"Oh but claw barbs are fun" - I really don't see what's so fun about triple spark/auto attack. That's literally everything you can do as a clawbarb.

All the anti-clawbarb people seem to have forgotten what hotkeys are. APS barb is probably the most active barb of all lol since you're swapping pretty much an entire set of gear, weapons, forms on-demand. Ream-devour-stomp-spark-change form and weapon with 2 hotkeys-autoattack is a hell lot more fun than ream-devour-stomp-frighten-surf-sum filter skills-rinse and repeat lol. I can do that with a macro key. If you're letting sin tank then I might as well afk with a book on the devour and frighten hoykeys

Replies in red
    Channels

• MagicChu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So you don't play clawbarb anymore? Why?
    because I quit pwi a while back, despite still sneaking around the forum in boredom.

Like I said, if you're already rich, you don't need to gimp yourself by going APS build.

i knew another barb who had much lower hp soloing many instances. He make money for r9 through farming that would have been impossible as a tank barb.

Because triple spark f1 is fun. But whatever floats your boat.

you obviously never played an aps barb. It is one of the most fun and challenging character to play. Your skills must be timed properly for you to survive. Being aps expand your horizon as a barb beyond the stereotypical role that others seem to be stuck on.

Solo'ed that boss on my cleric about 2 years ago just for the lulz. It took a while, but it happened eventually.

you also obviously never played TT3-3 squad mode on high within the recent year. TT 2 years ago was boring and easy as heck. That's why the dev made all the bosses much harder to kill and they hit much harder, stun more often, and purge more often. A single mistake or genie on cool down while soloing will result in a dead full r9 let alone a tt90 cleric. Those times were intense face to the screen level of focus because that dumb boss would purge, stun, then smack you with everything.
    Respond in red .
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The whole reason why aps barb is at all viable is because of the presumption that pve is easy enough that a barb no longer needs full vit to even function and can turn into a hybrid DPS tank instead

And I think we've established that a modern endgame aps barb is anything but squishy

And again, if you're already end game, there's no reason to go APS build. If you've got end game gear, you'd probably want to try PvP/TW, where your claws fall very short.

All the anti-clawbarb people seem to have forgotten what hotkeys are. APS barb is probably the most active barb of all lol since you're swapping pretty much an entire set of gear, weapons, forms on-demand. Ream-devour-stomp-spark-change form and weapon with 2 hotkeys-autoattack is a hell lot more fun than ream-devour-stomp-frighten-surf-sum filter skills-rinse and repeat lol. I can do that with a macro key. If you're letting sin tank then I might as well afk with a book on the devour and frighten hoykeys

And as usual the main point is ignored.

You're still gimping your capabilities when it isn't really necessary.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a point in getting end game gear without going to TW or PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i knew another barb who had much lower hp soloing many instances. He make money for r9 through farming that would have been impossible as a tank barb.

I don't think you read what I wrote properly. If you're already end game, you don't need to go aps build.

Farming gear =/= end game. And 5aps sins with average gear can pretty much solo most instances just as efficiently, if not more efficiently anyway.
    you obviously never played an aps barb. It is one of the most fun and challenging character to play. Your skills must be timed properly for you to survive. Being aps expand your horizon as a barb beyond the stereotypical role that others seem to be stuck on.

No, I've never played an aps barb. I see no reason to. I made my alt barb as a buff slave and to help pull catas in smaller faction TWs, back in the day. I have played aps chars before however, and it bored me to tears.
    you also obviously never played TT3-3 squad mode on high within the recent year. TT 2 years ago was boring and easy as heck. That's why the dev made all the bosses much harder to kill and they hit much harder, stun more often, and purge more often. A single mistake or genie on cool down while soloing will result in a dead full r9 let alone a tt90 cleric. Those times were intense face to the screen level of focus because that dumb boss would purge, stun, then smack you with everything.

I will concede that this is true. I've not found any reason to go back to TT (or any PvE instance really, besides BH) recently, and hence have not done so.

Also,
    because I quit pwi a while back, despite still sneaking around the forum in boredom.

How far back is "a while back"? If you're so up to date on the status of bosses and dungeons you must not have quit that long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't think you read what I wrote properly. If you're already end game, you don't need to go aps build.

My barb wasn't end game he only had vana gear and tt. Even with some of the end gear barbs, going aps is more fun because tanking as a tiger is boring as heck.
    Farming gear =/= end game. And 5aps sins with average gear can pretty much solo most instances just as efficiently, if not more efficiently anyway.

Sure a sin is efficient but the point is enjoying your character and learn it. Why would someone build a sin when they can make a barb and stash gear with bm and seeker? Aps demon barb has an advantage in individual pvp so over way more fun to play with.

No, I've never played an aps barb. I see no reason to. I made my alt barb as a buff slave and to help pull catas in smaller faction TWs, back in the day. I have played aps chars before however, and it bored me to tears.

Base on your response I'd say you were bored to tears because you never challenged yourself. Go beyond what ppl say you cannot do and just do it. Aps characters have challenges as well. Timing of skills, apoth, etc becomes important for hard to kill bosses and even in pvp. Don't only do the dailies and weak instances, anyone would be bored to tears.

I will concede that this is true. I've not found any reason to go back to TT (or any PvE instance really, besides BH) recently, and hence have not done so.

things change. You will never know unless you explore. See you play like a stereotypical cleric or magic class. You don't see the fun in messing with the heavy class.

Also,

How far back is "a while back"? If you're so up to date on the status of bosses and dungeons you must not have quit that long ago.

I quit about 1 year ago. The main changes to the game also happened around that time. I explored all I could explored and finally decided to call it quits.

Response in red
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    And again, if you're already end game, there's no reason to go APS build. If you've got end game gear, you'd probably want to try PvP/TW, where your claws fall very short.

TW, NW = pk where str barbs shine, and an aps barb is just a str barb with a crapload more accuracy and crit; as I said I'm not rolling a cata.

And what if I only want endgame pve lol?

And as usual the main point is ignored.

You're still gimping your capabilities when it isn't really necessary.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a point in getting end game gear without going to TW or PvP.

What am I gimping? 20K HP and tt99 gear with brains is enough to tank anything pve. 25K HP and G16 gear (separate pants, orns, cape and pants from aps gear) is going to faceroll anything in pve. As for why I want to go with good gear without pvp, it's to have a goal to aim for. Otherwise I'd just be bored to death 24/7 when my gears are done

Replies in red

the trend is catching on!
    Channels

edited July 2013
    Options
    On my phone now, and can't be bothered to tab/multi quote from the original posts while on this so I will respond based on memory.

@MagicChu,

Challenging yourself in this game really doesn't mean much. If I really wanted to challenge myself as a cleric, I would go to every instance with 4k hp squish sins, and I have from time to time but it ends up being more frustrating than fun.

It's very curious to me why I would have to gimp my gameplay or gear in order to "challenge" myself in this game. I don't think the level of the "fun factor" would outweigh the time and effort needed.

Apart from that though, RL has just dragged me away from the game too much to invest more time than I already am in this game.

@wallpurga
    This discussion is really starting to sound like the one with Arawin in the other thread.

When going to group PvP I prioritize my group over myself, so I would usually try to fill any role that was vastly needed. It just so happens that I actually enjoy playing support/healer as well. The fact that you're saying that even if you had end game gear, you'd never pull a cata in TW sounds like Arawin saying he doesn't like healing in TW. These are 2 of the most crucial roles in TW and are usually lacking in people to fill, but you would rather play a pseudo DD for your own fulfillment than filling that role.

This is going to come to the same conclusion that I came to with Arawin; people will do whatever they want regardless of effectiveness as long as what they are doing is fun.

Oh, and I thought that the trend was already in season a year and a half ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

it depends what activity u want to do or what faction u want to join or squad u want to join. But before you want to make class that satisfy others, better to make class that you enjoy the most. i tried to satisfy everyone before, and makes me under pressure. this is a game, we play to enjoy the game.
  • ickbotcrane
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thank you for being concerned about my enjoyment of the game but I "Satisfied" myself many years ago, But then I left because playing for myself was not as much fun as playing for others would have been. And to be honest, I am a bit of a ***** when it comes to gameplay, I love servicing others. But that does not mean I like to be yelled at or abused. But that comes from learning how to play better.
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thank you for being concerned about my enjoyment of the game but I "Satisfied" myself many years ago, But then I left because playing for myself was not as much fun as playing for others would have been. And to be honest, I am a bit of a ***** when it comes to gameplay, I love servicing others. But that does not mean I like to be yelled at or abused. But that comes from learning how to play better.

You sound like a cleric. Cleric is support, you make sure ppl are alive and please them with buffs. You can random buff anyone you like when you are bored. As for class that is most needed, you will find this out based on the server you play. Some servers has a bad need of barbs because ppl are too weak to tank or just low hp. Some servers need healers. Find out what is lacking in your server by just sitting there and watch world chat. You'll know what is most needed.