R8r Poleblade or Poleaxe

barbuser
barbuser Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Blademaster
Alright just looking for opinions on which would be the best choice of weapon to get if i plan on getting 2 stat rolls. What i mean is i plan to get one poleblade/axe that has def lvl and another one to have advanced purge. With that in mind what would be the best choice between the 2?
Post edited by barbuser on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pole since you want one with purge

Too many axe skills carry debuffs, and pole has a higher auto-attack rate => better for purging

for def levels they are the same
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pole since you want one with purge

Too many axe skills carry debuffs, and pole has a higher auto-attack rate => better for purging

for def levels they are the same

Pretty much agree with this. I think the only skill purge works with specifically in the axe tree is Highland Cleave, but you also have Drakes Sweep and FoF. The potential of an aoe purge would be awesome but usually you're just auto attacking to try to get a single barb, bm, seeker, or catapuller purged.

Fissure-> slow blocks it.
    Drakes Bash->Stun blocks it.
    Heaven's Flame-> Curse blocks it.

A pole you'd have two ranged attacks, which are beautiful when they purge someones holy path as they try to kite away. You also have a 1.11 base, which means more hits > chance for purge.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory