Trouble multiclienting?

Options
kingkongdong
kingkongdong Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Try "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\launcher\Launcher.exe" I uninstalled and reinstalled and then used this launcher instead of elementclient.exe, like I did BEFORE Arc came along.
Post edited by kingkongdong on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The old method of just running elementclient.exe still works just fine. Now the first instance launches the patcher; but aside from that, nothing has changed.

The only time I've ever used Launcher.exe is when the patcher was corrupted. Unless they've made some drastic changes to the code, running from Launcher.exe regularly can cause issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The old method of just running elementclient.exe still works just fine. Now the first instance launches the patcher; but aside from that, nothing has changed.

The only time I've ever used Launcher.exe is when the patcher was corrupted. Unless they've made some drastic changes to the code, running from Launcher.exe regularly can cause issues.

While there isn't any point in using launcher, I fail to see why it'd be an issue.
    It's just there as a remnant from something long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Starting, I think last patch or two patches ago, running elementclient directly would cause the launcher to run (but the second copy worked fine)

Now it goes directly to the game, as before.

The launcher gets run once a week to patch; otherwise, just go direct to elementclient.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    While there isn't any point in using launcher, I fail to see why it'd be an issue.
    It's just there as a remnant from something long ago.
    Admittedly it's been a while since I've run it...

There was a problem with the way the script ran and running auto-updates through it had a high chance of corrupting the package files. Not sure if it still does that, but to the best of my knowledge, the only thing Launcher.exe is really good for is fixing patcher.exe if it's broken/corrupted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]