Untradable Incomparable Shards from Weekly SoT and Aba

Miss_menace - Raging Tide
Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
So I made my first incomparable shard from three "crushed emblems" that i get as a reward from the weekly SoT and Aba runs.

The shard i received is both untradable and unstashable.

My question is, can i still use the shard to combine into a lvl 11 gem?

If so, will the resulting gem also be untradable and unstashable regardless of whether or not the rest were tradable?

If not, BOO PWI! What a waste of my emblems!!! b:angry
Post edited by Miss_menace - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I made my first incomparable shard from three "crushed emblems" that i get as a reward from the weekly SoT and Aba runs.

The shard i received is both untradable and unstashable.

If so, will the resulting gem also be untradable and unstashable regardless of whether or not the rest were tradable?

If not, BOO PWI! What a waste of my emblems!!! b:angry

It say on the shard before you make it that you can't trade or stash it, next time before do something read what it say, don't blame PWI for your own mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    It say on the shard before you make it that you can't trade or stash it, next time before do something read what it say, don't blame PWI for your own mistake.

Next time you want to reply... READ THE QUESTION

I know the damn thing is untradable or unstashable... how about read my post again and give me a real answer

(dammit so quick to judge) b:angryb:angry
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't call it a waste of emblems!
    It's somewhat easy and inexpensive way of getting really nice HP shards.
    edited July 2013
    Next time you want to reply... READ THE QUESTION

I know the damn thing is untradable or unstashable... how about read my post again and give me a real answer

(dammit so quick to judge) b:angryb:angry

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/38405

No.

Nothing can become tradable or stashable except some stuff in the NW forge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    sorry bella... i think its a language barrier. Becauase I don't think you understand what I am asking. Maybe give someone else a try, OK? Thansk for trying.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unstashable even..? Urgh, gj devs...

And I would imagine if you csn combine them at normal jewelcraftsman theymight come out as the normal ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited July 2013
    they are untradable, unstashable and cannot be combined into g11 gems. the extent of their use is a cheap alternative to g9 hp that takes significantly longer to obtain, or you could sell "sharding service".
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    prof wrote: »
    they are untradable, unstashable and cannot be combined into g11 gems. the extent of their use is a cheap alternative to g9 hp that takes significantly longer to obtain, or you could sell "sharding service".

Oh RIGHT. I totally forgot you could stash the gears xD *facepaws*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

sorry bella... i think its a language barrier. Becauase I don't think you understand what I am asking. Maybe give someone else a try, OK? Thansk for trying.

What language barrier? You don't understand what no mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    that Bellla is a link showing stats for a g10 shard and how to make a g10 shards so ofc it isnt going to show info relating to higher grade shards :/ to OP if the item states on its description in game that it can not be combined (like for exp the Dorbs from dreamchaser packs have it in red writing) then no it won't be combinable if it dosent state on the shards then assume its an account/character bound shard chances tho if it is then its unlikely it can be combined or even if it can be the new shard may also be locked to that toon
    edited July 2013
    A normal Incomparable Citrine Shard:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/6388

The one made with Crushed Emblem:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    prof wrote: »
    cannot be combined into g11 gems

How was this confirmed? Has some1 already acquired enough to try?
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited July 2013
    klys wrote: »
    How was this confirmed? Has some1 already acquired enough to try?

the id's for this new g10 gem and the normal g10 gem are different. there would have to be two different crafting options for each g10 gem in order to upgrade to g11. currently, there is only one crafting option; thus, it is not able to be upgraded.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    plus if you check the regular one, it says used in crafting the following, the one with the crushed emblem has no such option.

That being said, it might work out, never know about pwi and such things, we had goons ever since they changed fcc b:chuckle
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A normal Incomparable Citrine Shard:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/6388

The one made with Crushed Emblem:

I would like to reiterate this. If you all did not understand it, Bella originally linked the link to the Incomparable Citrine Shard you get from trading in the 3 Crushed Emblems. But as you can see on the PWDatabase, there is no option for it to be combined into a G11 Citrine Gem.

And if you look at the normal, tradable instance of the Incomparable Citrine Shard, note the "Used in craft for following items: Citrine Gem. Amount needed: 6".

The untradable one from the weekly Crushed Emblem does not have that.

That was the point Bella was making, which answered the original poster's question.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aren't there runes you can make from shards also? Those don't appear to be in the db as a possible item to craft.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the shards since they are cheap but I wish you could account stash them since there is some gear pieces I can't account stash to my Cleric so the sharding process is slower.
    However, indeed you can't use them for anything else other than just sharding your gear with them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited July 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I would like to reiterate this. If you all did not understand it, Bella originally linked the link to the Incomparable Citrine Shard you get from trading in the 3 Crushed Emblems. But as you can see on the PWDatabase, there is no option for it to be combined into a G11 Citrine Gem.

And if you look at the normal, tradable instance of the Incomparable Citrine Shard, note the "Used in craft for following items: Citrine Gem. Amount needed: 6".

The untradable one from the weekly Crushed Emblem does not have that.

That was the point Bella was making, which answered the original poster's question.

Jaabg and Skaitavia! FINALLY A REAL ANSWER. Thank you for the explanation. Yes I think it makes sense that they cannot be combined based on the description. That's really too bad.

But now a second question emerges:

If I imbue these nontradable, non-stashable gems into a tradable weapon, will i lose that tradable status. I wouldnt want to risk putting them in a piece of lunar T3 gear that I worked so hard for the tradable status. Anyone try it yet?

P.S. Is there a way to block Bella? I realize she's trying to be helpful, but I find her just rude.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Nah, gear's trade/bound status has nothing to do with that shards to imbue in it so feel free to shard. My game husband has used some of these shards on some tradeable piece of gear already.

If you'd like to block people click here.
    However, I heard it's a little broken and might not work and actually block all people but worth a try.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I need to do Aba/sot weekly more often lol.

sucks they can't be acct stashable. I'd so give to my cleric or maybe seeker.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
    edited July 2013

P.S. Is there a way to block Bella? I realize she's trying to be helpful, but I find her just rude.

I'm sorry if that sounded rude, I just assumed that at lvl 100 people knew what is PWI database, it's why I didn't explain what it was and just linked what you was looking for.

As Desdi said apparently the block option doesn't work, but I never tried it myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nah, gear's trade/bound status has nothing to do with that shards to imbue in it so feel free to shard. My game husband has used some of these shards on some tradeable piece of gear already.

If you'd like to block people click here.
    However, I heard it's a little broken and might not work and actually block all people but worth a try.

So I can sell sharding service or shard alts' gear/have alts shard my gear huh

Nice

too bad though

I was hoping you'd be able to farm garnet gems with those emblems. 9 weeks of weeklies isn't too bad
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I can sell sharding service or shard alts' gear/have alts shard my gear huh

Nice

too bad though

I was hoping you'd be able to farm garnet gems with those emblems. 9 weeks of weeklies isn't too bad

I was thinking the same D:

But yeah sharding services would be nice.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    1.5 weeks = 4m per character, fair price?

I did the random dye service from the heroic chests at 45k on sanctuary for a few months. Had to use up the 5k random dyes i had. I am sure people will offer this with time, but the i won't trust most people now.
    edited July 2013
    It came to mind that although i realize we depend heavily on the PW Database to help us figure out the game, these new weekly aba/SoT shards have not been released long enough for anyone to test whether or not combining is possible. And since these shards are a brand new entry into the database, it's hard to take an absence of a statement about combining as a conclusion that it is not possible. As we all know, description errors and inconsistencies are rampant in PWI, and I have come across similar errors in the database as well in my almost 4 years in PWI. Understandable human error, but nevertheless they are present.

It would be very nice if these weekly SoT/Aba shards would be documented in the database with clear text like in this entry:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/36185

The absence of any indication that it can be combined to make a level 11 gem doesn't convince me 100%...

...well, maybe 90% for now b:chuckle

I want to know first hand from someone who has attempted to combine and can confirm that it isn't possible.

I'm already very close to forging a garnet gem from regular garnet shards. I will test the information in the database for posterity's sake. May take a month or two, but i will update when i get the chance.

NOTE TO GMS: PLEASE PLEASE fix the ignore function in forums! thank you.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pw just does this so you cant get a butt ton of of shards with multiple alts...lame but yeah.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It came to mind that although i realize we depend heavily on the PW Database to help us figure out the game, these new weekly aba/SoT shards have not been released long enough for anyone to test whether or not combining is possible. And since these shards are a brand new entry into the database, it's hard to take an absence of a statement about combining as a conclusion that it is not possible. As we all know, description errors and inconsistencies are rampant in PWI, and I have come across similar errors in the database as well in my almost 4 years in PWI. Understandable human error, but nevertheless they are present.

It would be very nice if these weekly SoT/Aba shards would be documented in the database with clear text like in this entry:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/36185

The absence of any indication that it can be combined to make a level 11 gem doesn't convince me 100%...

...well, maybe 90% for now b:chuckle

I want to know first hand from someone who has attempted to combine and can confirm that it isn't possible.

I'm already very close to forging a garnet gem from regular garnet shards. I will test the information in the database for posterity's sake. May take a month or two, but i will update when i get the chance.

NOTE TO GMS: PLEASE PLEASE fix the ignore function in forums! thank you.
    The tradeable g10 shard, and the g10 shard from those emblems from abaddon have different ID's. By that fact, it can be assured that those shards can't be combined.

In order to be able to combine the new shards, there would need to be a new option at the jewelcraftsman, that would accept the items with the new ID.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    In other words they are different game items that share the same name and same value (eg. citrines both being +75 HP).
    There's is the in-game option at the Jewelcraftsman to combine game item A (trade-able incomparable) but there is no option to combine game item B (weekly quest incomparable).

It's the same reason you can't combine the Morai shards into anything; there's no such option.

You could argue that there are two versions of socket stones that work together in socketing but that's quite different from combining.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    could also check the encyclopedia, which is more often than not correct in these matters
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Someone else pointed out, might be worth a try, use both the tradeable version and the non tradeable version to see if we get a resulting garnet. Chances are low, since these items do not stack, and they fixed the issue as well.

Before we could use both types of hypers, now i believe you need to have the same amount of each, can't combine 2 traded hypers with 3 non trading hypers to get the x12 option activated.