Let's talk about sharding

Options
IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
So the new 2 attack level sharding is insane and therefore puts JoSD in the cracks of worthless, am I correct? The amount of attack exceeds the defense therefore creating OP wizzys (who hit me the hardest)

But anyway, this brings me to ask. Do you think +20 vit stones will come out maybe next to conquer this, cause from this I have no plan as a barb to shard JoSD when I can stack bit to suck in the hits and give my charm more time to tick. So if they do come out, would it be more qq? More help to the OP 2 attack level, or maybe not come out at all?

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by IBaMBii - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well i think it would be smart for PWI to make 20 vit gems...

they didn't make 3 def lvl but insted made even more attack lvl mean more charm tick

if they give us 20vit shards more charm tick and server can upgrade again

b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DoTs or Attack levels have diminishing returns, and attack levels are on ornaments, weapons, and come with gear sets. Attack level shards were valuable back when we didn't have the attack levels on gear (and they were selling for ~4-7m instead of the 50-60m we see now).

PvE world is changing. We have bosses now that require a certain amount of HP to be tanked. Once that HP is met: a pur mag can typically tank.

I've been a fan of attack level shards in the past, but now I'd consider other shards.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I know the Deiti stones are expensive, but I think the +20 vit stone, if they bring it over to our servers, will be crazy expensive. I haven't decided yet what im going to shard my R9s3 with yet. JOSD or Vit stones. One of the reasons is I keep hearing about the =20 Vit stones and people asking whether they are coming. i'm going to wait and hold off on sharding till the next content update in the fall and see what comes our way. I'll take a beating till then. I've been getting one shot by psy, wiz, and even clerics, not to mention all the sins that i've seen with att lvl shards on all their gear. It doesn't take them long tio kill me either. I'm going to finish refining my gear, then shard. Barbs are getting their azzes kicked in NW now, no matter what you have in your gear. Doesn't really matter to me, it's a game and it's fun.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    DoTs or Attack levels have diminishing returns, and attack levels are on ornaments, weapons, and come with gear sets. Attack level shards were valuable back when we didn't have the attack levels on gear (and they were selling for ~4-7m instead of the 50-60m we see now).

PvE world is changing. We have bosses now that require a certain amount of HP to be tanked. Once that HP is met: a pur mag can typically tank.

I've been a fan of attack level shards in the past, but now I'd consider other shards.

Tweakz actually having the right idea for change, oh what has this world come to. But as for barbs, pretty sure JoSD was still best shard for them, if we discount psys in BV. Least compared to current vit stones for survivability.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Tweakz actually having the right idea for change, oh what has this world come to. But as for barbs, pretty sure JoSD was still best shard for them, if we discount psys in BV. Least compared to current vit stones for survivability.

Once purged though, vit stones are better than JoSD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Tweakz actually having the right idea for change, oh what has this world come to.

Not only do you make yourself look bad by starting with a personal attack, but right idea for a change on a quote that mentions how things and my opinion have changed. Open mouth -> insert foot. -I wonder if the forum being full of lamo personal attacks will ever change.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So the new 2 attack level sharding is insane and therefore puts JoSD in the cracks of worthless, am I correct?

No, you are wrong. Using JoSD is still more cost effective, read the second reply (tweakz) to know why.
    Once purged though, vit stones are better than JoSD

JoSD is better again, even debuffed.

You can check that with Asterelle's socket calculator
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    since I am here and I will answer this topic correctly.

the answer is:

WHOCARES!!!!!b:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No, you are wrong. Using JoSD is still more cost effective, read the second reply (tweakz) to know why.

JoSD is better again, even debuffed.

You can check that with Asterelle's socket calculator

But is nullified with anyone who shared Deity correct? So we'll watch all the full sharded JOSD ppl vs the full Deity people until theyre bored with each other D:
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Using Asterelles' socket calculator, we see how for many classes, josd and vit stones are on par, or comes close to it. Introducing vit +20 gems, doubling the survival that a single +10 vit gem gives, would be completely insane.

It was already said, but josd is still best for barbs.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    But is nullified with anyone who shared Deity correct? So we'll watch all the full sharded JOSD ppl vs the full Deity people until theyre bored with each other D:

I think someone with full josd fighting against someone with full deity would have better changes of winning a 1vs1 because the guy using deity stones won't be able to one shot the josd guy, while the josd guy will feel more confortable tanking and will have a easier time cause his opponent has much less defense.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I think someone with full josd fighting against someone with full deity would have better changes of winning a 1vs1 because the guy using deity stones won't be able to one shot the josd guy, while the josd guy will feel more confortable tanking and will have a easier time cause his opponent has much less defense.

They would be exactly evenly matched. The added Att lvls on one would wash with the added Def lvls of the other. They would go toe to toe as if both were unsharded.
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Don't forget that by sharding deity and josd your sacrificing a lot of HP as well, and both also depend on base attack and defense while Vit stones and HP gems do not. With R93 gear The defense and base att are high enough. not to mention the high refines, to provide an advantage that MIGHT warrant sacrificing 2-3k HP but its going to depend on what your fighting and what your base stats sit at.

I notice a lot of arcanes shard physical shards, especially in R9 for both high phys and mag def. If they shard Deity Stones they will do more damage but make themselves more susceptible to that stunlocking sin (provided more people don't jump in and trigger the purify proc). It's still give and take to a large extent and greatly depends on what you want to be able to do and what you can afford.

As for +20 Vit stones.... or the +15 STR +15 DEX or +20 MAG stones (yes magic gets more of a bonus for some reason...?) With R9 gear already giving +100 to the toons primary stat, this would likely break the game beyond repair. (Sins with 1000 DEX b:shocked)