Mystic Sage or Demon?

Options
luketwo1
luketwo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Mystic
I was just wondering what everyone else`s opinion was on this, which will you be picking Sage or Demon?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12463511&postcount=708
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kurra - Lost City
    Kurra - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12276372&postcount=688

Or you could link to this post. Doesn't have seeker skills.

Anyways, both paths seem to have a lot of good choices.
    Sage has higher hitting thicket, longer lasting energy leech immunes, demon has 100% hp revive, more reduced channel from rapid growth...
    Very hard to choose which one to go with. b:surrender
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'm already sage, but I've seen some demon mystics already. It's all a matter of playstyle.

If you want personnal advise, I chose Sage because: purify on spam heal, less mana usage on summons, more chi gaining overall (and I tend to use chi and sparks massively on my mystic), less exp loss on ressurect, chance to remove cooldown on Rapid Growth (I'm addicted to this skill), immunity to stuns lasts longer on Energy Leech (I use that alot too and the stun immunity is definitely an asset in PvP), more pdef from Verdant Shell (once again I LOVE pdef and it's very important for PvP as well) and Thicket hits harder.

Those were the main reasons. But I also like the sage effects of other skills ^o^
    Actually, I totally failed to see any real asset in the demon versions.
    However, I don't criticize any mystic who went demon, cause chosing a culti, like for all other classes, is before everything a matter of your personnal vision of your own playstyle.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    More than likely, I'm going sage. After looking at that list 10 times over, the winners for me were verdant shell, res, and break in the clouds. Oh, and extra damage from Thicket's always good.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • XXPrancerXx - Harshlands
    XXPrancerXx - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm going sage winners for me are Gale Force, Bramble Tornadoe, Thicket, Break, and Summons you know pretty much every sage version of the skillsb:shutup
  • Yulk - Raging Tide
    Yulk - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Demon is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm Demon! Sage is pretty good too, I was really undecided but I went demon because it fits more my play style. Sage has more chi, but is a "chance" to get more chi, which can happen or not. Thicket and verdant shell are really nice in sage but the channeling in rapid grow, conforting mist has more chance to purify then breaking the clouds, Faling petals up to 4 MIN!! Ressurect with 100% HP, which for PvP is like have to kill you twice, just ressurect and start to hit them again! And -25% channeling of 3 spark can cause a lot of damage pretty quick combined with rapid grow...b:dirty
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I will say sage is better. Just so demon books will be cheaper.

b:cute
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i went demon. the add on effects sound better to me and for my playstyle, on a pvp server anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll be going sage, mainly because of the reasons Asthariel listed. b:cute

Demon res buff was the only thing demon that I liked...but I like the less exp loss better.
  • yordravia
    yordravia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Demon for sure, i think Falling Petals and Resurrect(pvp key skills) will be a lot better for tw.

But i'm really worried about chi, even the 15 for each summoned pet is not enough. Cloud Eruption dependent, i'm not happy about this.
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Went Demon for sure..

...I love Falling Petals' extended time, I like the additional damage on my basic Nature's Vengance skill. I really like the 100% res HP, even only level 10 res was a lifesaver against Ancient Evil tonight with my gf in 2-3. So for the uncharmed individual such as I, Demon Res would be an awesome spur of the moment pick-er-up. I'm a debuff-addict, so I like the Swirling Mist chance for extra damage added on, as well as Thicket's chance to amplify damage.

The chance for extra chi from the BITC <-- not **** btw, really would come in handy and put chi towards another Vital Herb.

Being demon is my personal choice because it caters to my gf being a 5.0 BM, all that's left is being level 100 and PWI implementing the sage/demon skills, and I'm good to go! b:victory

Though sage skills look really nice, I can't emphasize more that we aren't clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beastking20
    beastking20 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think what really does it for me is the fact i am on a pve server and most of the time i would be farmin for dqs Sage ALL the way for a pve server b:angry
  • Raevvenn - Raging Tide
    Raevvenn - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have made the decision to go demon with my mystic. The reason for this is that I want DD to come first and healing second. I chose this due to my playing style as well as my role within a faction squad.
    Don't see me as a Cleric in a FC, or high lvl bh run.. i cannot heal like a Cleric.. so don't expect me to do so.. i will do my best with whatever, and whenever i can. (mystic)
  • Raevvenn - Raging Tide
    Raevvenn - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Went Demon for sure..

...I love Falling Petals' extended time, I like the additional damage on my basic Nature's Though sage skills look really nice, I can't emphasize more that we aren't clerics.

Hear hear. Totally agree with you on this. It is amazing the amount of players who expect the mystics to be playing the role of clerics. While it can be done I am not playing a cleric for a reason.

I do not know about your server but on RT clerics get bashed all day long in WC. I am not keen for those same players to start in on mystics because we are not 'healing properly' or 'fast enough' or 'suck at healing'.

I have no problems with playing a supporting role to a cleric with healing, in fact enjoy it, but I am not there to take the whole burden of it. Get a cleric for that.
    Don't see me as a Cleric in a FC, or high lvl bh run.. i cannot heal like a Cleric.. so don't expect me to do so.. i will do my best with whatever, and whenever i can. (mystic)
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    demon is much better for me tho, I cant see any advantages in sage besides verdant shell, all the others are not that better and can be easily compensated. I have no problem getting chi as demon, just spam BITC and pet heal one after another, I get 3 spark in less than a minute. But even that I play more pvp and I dont 3 sparks in pvp at all, I use chi for the skills. 3 sparks I just use on pve/bosses, with demon 3 spark + rapid growth I can get insta absorb soul 3 times until RG rans out. To tell the truth I never seen a good sage mystic on pvp server, the ones I know they said they regreted for going sage...b:surrender
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I am personally very satisfied with sage. Sage is a bit more balanced imo, they have a harder hitting nature's vengeance, while still having one of the absolute best single target heals in the game (7-8k hp + purify is awesome).

Rapid growth is incredibly effective in pvp for a nice little spike, and while some will AD my first rapid growth, very few are able to survive a 2nd rapid growth while I have either devil or storm sacced.

With my R9 weapon, the 5% extra damage from masteries amounts to about 1600 extra damage for nature's vengeance. This value gets even better when I sac storm, or use rapid growth. It's far better than the 600 extra damage that demon gives.

I'll admit that I miss Demon spark for pve, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I went sage and have all the skills cept verdant shell, and have been very happy with it.

The reasons for one over the other have already been mentioned in several threads many times over, but one bit of advice is that if you are basing your choice entirely on verdant shell you might want to give it more thought.

Its probably just my terrible luck but I'm 0 for 8 trying to make the damn book, and have NEVER seen it for sale at any time on HT except for one time someone linked it in WC. IDK if they actually sold it or not.

Just figure out what skills you tend to use the most often, as that is not likely to change one way or the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    Kaiyal - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    personally i prefer demon specifically for the res and self amping skills. the thicket amp is also quite useful and especially deadly when combined with amping skills of other classes like the BM's hf skill.

I also find the thought of a chance to purify the whole party better in a supporting role especially when the mystic is used more as a support unit and not a cleric as most people complain about.

overall i can see the benefits and downfalls of both,but ive played a cleric before and while i dont mind healing i dont like making it my priority. and ive found that if someone ressurects themselves fast enough they can keep their aggro,so a 100% res is very nice when fighting the more annoying bosses.
    Mystics...we're here to save all your butts from the end of the world...yeah,i think that sums it up pretty wellb:chuckle
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sage here and loving it (: It was a pretty clear pick for me back then, most of the demon skills just seemed weird to me. lol

I'm more of a support mystic and will always help out the cleric in tough places, even if I'm mostly DDing. Don't get people that just refuse to heal when it gets tight, we got swift heals so use them P:

I looove the high chi gain, the purify effect of sage BitC, the fact that falling petals can recover some mp to me and sage rapid growth. Can't wait to get more sage skills and get my third fairy for the 100 skills c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Babizoka - Dreamweaver
    Babizoka - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I went Demon on my Mystic, played a long time as a Sage Cleric, decided its time to change things up. I DO love support, and i'm envy of a lot of mystic sage skills. But this time i wanted to go out of my confort zone. For me, Falling Petals, Rapid Growth and Resurrect really catch my eye on Demon.
    Wait... what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThePancake - Dreamweaver
    ThePancake - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @vixter, best signature EVER! nuff said, <3 necro **** what u gonna do ^^
  • naruto1775
    naruto1775 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    f:cute , Well, i choosed Sage, because we're mystics, we are suposily good on strategy and exploring the max of our skills, u will understood if u are a good mystic, i been confuse too, but when sage, you'll tank better, and for damage u can't do alot of damage but you can tank alot, i think that's important for mystic and u dun need to worry alot abour mana and that things, purify is amazing u.u, i was thinking about choose demon , but a friend of mine convinced me with some reasons, that's my opnion u.u. See ya b:bye . I love mystic ;)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    naruto1775 wrote: »
    , Well, i choosed Sage, because we're mystics, we are suposily good on strategy and exploring the max of our skills, u will understood if u are a good mystic, i been confuse too, but when sage, you'll tank better, and for damage u can't do alot of damage but you can tank alot, i think that's important for mystic and u dun need to worry alot abour mana and that things, ourify is amazing u.u, i was thinking about choose demon, but a friend of mine convinced me with some reasons, that's my opnion u.u. See ya . I love mystic ;)
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

naruto1775 replied to a message that was 1 year 12 days 11 hours 12 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451