New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know it sometimes randomly teleports when I freeze it (Stunning blow or Parasitic Nova) but never had this happen to me before lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...I freeze it (Stunning blow or Parasitic Nova) ...

'x3 You guys keep talking about being able to stun(used as a general term) the boss, but my stuns/freezes have never ever worked on any of the lyceum mobs, let alone the boss; is there some sort of special debuff you need on it prior or...?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013

'x3 You guys keep talking about being able to stun(used as a general term) the boss, but my stuns/freezes have never ever worked on any of the lyceum mobs, let alone the boss; is there some sort of special debuff you need on it prior or...?

Stuns won't work but freezes do, maybe you're just unlucky with the procs though. It failed me a couple of times xD
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stuns won't work but freezes do, maybe you're just unlucky with the procs though. It failed me a couple of times xD

Ehh, maybe
    Normally I can't even catch up to the boss to use Stunning Blow more than like... once the whole time it's out OTL because of that thing where if you're using a melee skill and the enemy is moving your character'll stop and then follow them again instead of attacking.
    I still have to do the instance today but it hasn't been going too well lateily, so if I remember to get back up at the last wave or if some miracle happens I'll try it again to see 'x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My turtle can't evolve, i am back to my egg byez b:cry
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My turtle can't evolve, i am back to my egg byez b:cry

I have an Eldergoth Marksman with claw, protect, and strong. I hope they do something for both of us. If you're pve only; I can say I'm very happy with my evolved plumpfish as it's hitting water mobs in OUF for 17k+ (one hit killing half of them). It'd be nice to see a not so ugly turtle and a decent reward for leveling it so many levels.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe its me but first I refuse to enter the instance on PK mode.

I can't even change the guards form fire to any another attack. I'm lucky to get 1 guard active and get wave 1 killed. Second wave its always Fire resistant. And than its game over for me because every another mob is : Fire resistant. I don't even see how you can kill the turtle: he is resistant to almost every thing.

So what is the key to this instance if you can't do nothing then wait till all waves are done?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Turtle isn't wood resistant.

If you're not going to go PK mode you're settling for minimum score anyway, but: change attack mode on the guards same way you activated them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I just spam myriad on the turtle. Good chance to kill it with a single poison.

And man, sometimes the instance is jinxed lol Like me toay with 4 sly foxes back to back at the same time wave 7 arrived. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    Vulpinchen - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey :)

Thank god this forum exists...your videos & infos helped me so much that I got from ~-240 credits to about 600-700 credits f:cute

But there are still some issues that make me fail sometimes(or pretend me from getting more credits)...like when my Thorn Bee (evolved Petite Sawfly) gets stuck in the ground and does not move anymore or when it just stows f:worry ...does someone have this problem too? xD Due to this some sly foxes can just walk by without getting killed f:shame
    ...and of course the "wrong" speedy kowlins...sometimes multitasking fails xD
    And i never managed to kill the big boss...but I didnt think of parasitic nova so maybe this will work today :)

I noticed that some of you complained about the need to have PK-Mode on...so I tried it in Safe Mode (I usually have pk-mode on so wasn't sure about it) and it worked with my method too...i just klick on a guard, hold CTRL/STRG and klick with my mouse on the skill-icon -works everytime with no problems =)

Did someone of you get a Pet Skill yet or the Bewitch (squirrel) skill? :)

Good Luck all f:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013

Did someone of you get a Pet Skill yet or the Bewitch (squirrel) skill? :)

Good Luck all f:victory

I've gotten Bewitch (squirrel) a while ago (was on my 2nd perfect run b:chuckle) and someone else has reported getting Bewitch and Bless (I think?) from it but I forgot the name.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Pet can auto-stow if you get too far from it. I haven't had a problem with ground glitching, but then I'm using a ranged pet (illusory thorn, evolved Eden cacto) which does very well.

There's been reports of people getting one of the pet skill books, and getting Bewitch (squirrel). Personally, I haven't, but then I've only had 2 scores I'm aware of over 400 (best 682).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Pet can auto-stow if you get too far from it. I haven't had a problem with ground glitching, but then I'm using a ranged pet (illusory thorn, evolved Eden cacto) which does very well.

There's been reports of people getting one of the pet skill books, and getting Bewitch (squirrel). Personally, I haven't, but then I've only had 2 scores I'm aware of over 400 (best 682).

I also thought that it only happens when I get too far from it ...but then i stood right beside it and it just stowed f:horror

Maybe I will tame a Cactopod for it ...but they should make the pet bag bigger than 10 slots f:worry
    I've gotten Bewitch (squirrel) a while ago (was on my 2nd perfect run b:chuckle) and someone else has reported getting Bewitch and Bless (I think?) from it but I forgot the name.

Aww Congrats =))

Do you have a Screenshot of the Bewitch skill? so how the target looks^^ ...probably like the little pink Squirrel you get from Dreamchaser Pack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013

Aww Congrats =))

Do you have a Screenshot of the Bewitch skill? so how the target looks^^ ...probably like the little pink Squirrel you get from Dreamchaser Pack?

Hehe, thanks.
    It does look like the little Squirrel from the Dreamchaser packs so I didn't think I need to screenshot it but guess I'll post it up later today or something.

I think flying pets have a general issue in the instance. Getting a ranged pet might help out.
    I use the Harpy's auto-attack to kill foxes and it has a 27 meter range. It works great as I just Halt her at the NPC and she can reach the foxes with no trouble and doesn't need to move around much.

Other option would be a fast pet such as Kowlin.
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Hehe, thanks.
    It does look like the little Squirrel from the Dreamchaser packs so I didn't think I need to screenshot it but guess I'll post it up later today or something.

I think flying pets have a general issue in the instance. Getting a ranged pet might help out.
    I use the Harpy's auto-attack to kill foxes and it has a 27 meter range. It works great as I just Halt her at the NPC and she can reach the foxes with no trouble and doesn't need to move around much.

Other option would be a fast pet such as Kowlin.

Then I know that it looks super sweet...and I want the skill too f:grin

Well the Harpy will be too expensive for me (still saving for a nix f:strive) xD
    And I gave my kowlin too a friend because I use the armored bear for luring...so the ranged pet will be the best option xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I was just bringing up an example on how I the ranged pet P: so far I've just found it to work best in the instance for me.
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    I was just bringing up an example on how I the ranged pet P: so far I've just found it to work best in the instance for me.

But a good example xD ...Well it works good with my bee...unless she auto- stows or gets stuck :(...I know from some other venos that the Nix should be good also...
    So i just have to get up at 5am for some Nation Wars so I can buy it finally f:worry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got Claw Scroll the other day from Lycaeum. Hopefully I can get a Bless Scroll one day to put on Herc [8k HP Herc? Sure!]

I'm usually averaging around 850-950 now. Sometimes a few mobs manage to get by because I was barely able to switch all my Guards, or the Cactus does not die even after Soul Degen.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    I'm getting better at it, but my best score so far is 682.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Been in the 880ish range ever since I figured out what works for me (activating the guards backwards) lol
    No books yet though. :<

My only problem still is the last dino. Nova just never procs >_< Also, mean stuff like 5 sly foxes back to back on the higher waves or having to switch 7 guards on kowlins x'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Vulpinchen - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Ohh...today is not my day xD...I failed to activate a second guard because my thorn bee immediately stowed and there were 3 sly foxes before second wave was even killed f:cry

So I decided to write in forum while letting all the waves pass by :(...try to kill the boss tomorrow :D...and will tame me a cactopod now ...f:bike

Soo I did not only tame one Cactopod but 6 ...and gave them to other Venos from my faction :)
    (felt like a mum giving away ther little ones :'( ) xD
    Now I will lvl it with my Stars - evolve it - and hopefully veno event will run better for me then ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥RAWR♥
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    So..erm..I recorded myself here.

I know there's a lot of videos already and IceKitty did a great job with making a video with tips & hints but maybe someone wants to use my method of doing it, basically activating the guards backwards.

I'm not sure how much it can help others but I've found that activating the guards in that order it makes it easier for me to change guard modes and makes multitasking less stressful (when you get one of those impossible days in the instance). f:sweat
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice video Desdi, you are the first one that I don't need to try to ''move'' the view. xD

I still can't kill the dino, but I don't have demon nova cause I don't have 50m to put on a skill for a alt, but it's ok 900 credit is enough for me. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Nice video Desdi, you are the first one that I don't need to try to ''move'' the view. xD

I still can't kill the dino, but I don't have demon nova cause I don't have 50m to put on a skill for a alt, but it's ok 900 credit is enough for me. =)

Thanks f:cute

Level 10 Parasitic Nova has only 67% chance to proc which makes it a big grambler when it comes to the boss but honestly it's just 4 extra stars so unless you really care about those extra stars or want the Bewitch (squirrel) book, getting 900 is a perfectly good score.
    You get a chance at Bless or Claw and still get a good amount of stars.
    edited July 2013

Level 10 Parasitic Nova has only 67% chance to proc which makes it a big grambler when it comes to the boss but honestly it's just 4 extra stars so unless you really care about those extra stars or want the Bewitch (squirrel) book, getting 900 is a perfectly good score.

Yup, but for the book it's 400+ so since it's not a huge difference for the stars if I got 400+ I'm happy. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Finally managed to break 700 today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

Gz. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got my first perfect today. Yay me! Nothing special though.

I'm in the same boat. Nova lvl 10 is such a gamble :[ Crazy how it jumps 28% for Sage/Demon
    Grats!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Only got 666 today. Things were going great until I hit a huge lag spike (thought I was going to disconnect, another account did) and basically sat out a wave. I did find that an unevolved dino with level 5 bash worked good on the foxes (checked Derjan's Rest and was surprised to find it as I ran through tabbing along.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I thought I should share this video.
    I like how the person used Stunning Blow to assist the pet with killing the fox consider the pet is pretty slow (assuming they had no other suitable pet for the instance).

Just sharing it, might help some Venomancers.