Server time not showing day

Options
Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I am not sure if the server time ever showed the day as well or not. Could they implement the feature? People who are 9~24 hours different, would be good for them to know what day it is relative to the server.

Right now it only displays my time (taken from my computer i presume) and the server time.
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Click the Encyclopedia button (The first one on top to bottom left to right on the mini map, the circle on the top left corner of your playing screen), then open Events on the menu that opens.

There you get a calendar, the server's time and date and a small and not really up to date yet still useful calendar interface, with the server's date and time.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks, i know about that one, i was referring to the server time on the website. It does not have a day with it.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks, i know about that one, i was referring to the server time on the website. It does not have a day with it.

Well, here is a video with a lesson for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PusCpQIbmCw
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well, here is a video with a lesson for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PusCpQIbmCw

Youtube is blocked here, if i use proxies, pwi bans me b:cry. Hard to live here b:chuckle.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Even more amusingly - if you leave it open and time moves on 12 hours - it doesn't update the am/pm display.

I suggest using a better site for time conversion instead. http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ is pretty good.

Or something like "FoxClocks" to put multiple different timezone clocks in your status bar works pretty well too.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Converting time zone is not an issue, it is just more convenient to have the day listed since my time zone is +12 hours from server.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Converting time zone is not an issue, it is just more convenient to have the day listed since my time zone is +12 hours from server.

Um yes, that's converting timezone. The link I gave gives a nice simple UI which shows day, am/pm etc.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Alternatively, you could just always keep it in your head. I mean, knowing the site is 12 hours different from you makes it even easier. If you're +12 from server and it's 8am your time, you instantly know it's 8PM the day before on server time.

Rubbing two brain cells together works better than some silly clock any day. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Rubbing two brain cells together works better than some silly clock any day. b:victory

I had to rub them for a long time, when i moved from -6 gmt to +3 gmt and later on to +6 gmt. Had to readjust +1 gmt, +3 gmt, +5 gmt, +9 gmt, +11 gmt, -6 gmt, -7 gmt, -9 gmt time zones in my head. So i don't end up calling people when they are sleeping.

Sometimes i get the day wrong, i am usually a day earlier b:chuckle.