veno skin color change glitch thing

Options
n523
n523 Posts: 27 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
So if a veno isnt the bushy-tail fox or bunny or goat/dragon/whatever it is that has antlers then their skin goes porcelain pale regardless of the actual color WHEN zoomed out

now my veno is the coyote veno (bigger ears, smaller tail) and kinda tan-ish, and it suffers from this when zoomed out. But i've seen a few other venos with the same body type and a slight tan who DONT have this issue.

ive had ppl say its my graphics card, and while that may be true it hasnt been true 100% of the time. as i just said, i've seen venos that in theory should be having that glitch on my screen but for whatever reason they dont.

ive been playing around with shades of skin tone on a new toon and unless it is completely WHITE the glitch occurs.

the glitch-free venos ive seen are NOT completely pale. I cant even get a "flesh tone" without getting the glitch.

is there a trick to do in the INI to make this not happen or what am i missing?
Post edited by n523 on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The usual cause of this sort of problem is:
    Setting -> Proxy visual -> Increase the distance slider ?

The intent of that is that distant players all use default models, so that arch doesn't lag quite so bad (ha ha ha) but if the distant is too short, the transition is really noticeable.
  • n523
    n523 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    everything is always maxed on my clients.

on my screen of course (the veno's client) it does not happen, so i always see her as the way i made her. i'm more concerned about how it glitches on other people's computer, cuz speaking for myself, when somebody's skin keeps changing in a dungeon it's really annoying and this distracting flutter in the corner of the eye. id really like mine to not be that annoying veno.
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It happens on both of my kitty venos as well. Has been like that since I created my first one in 2009. I finally chalked it up knowing it will never get fixed. It is a glitch that has been brought up many times before but I am pretty sure nothing will ever be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    n523 wrote: »
    everything is always maxed on my clients.

on my screen of course (the veno's client) it does not happen, so i always see her as the way i made her. i'm more concerned about how it glitches on other people's computer, cuz speaking for myself, when somebody's skin keeps changing in a dungeon it's really annoying and this distracting flutter in the corner of the eye. id really like mine to not be that annoying veno.

Then iThen it's them who need to make the change to their settings.

It's cleared up the 'problem' for everyone I've suggested it to.
    The only other fix would be to use a makeover scroll and change to having light skin.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I had an issue like that but when i changed the hair color the correct code and stuff i wanted Hot pink and it turned her hair dark green. o.O and also gave me antler ears mine is foxy all the way
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes that's annoying for veno that want a skin other color than white, I see veno with the face of a color and the body white, it's annoying and since a long time it's not new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well i live in California...and i give my toons a Cali tan b:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Oddly I've never seen any other venos with this problem and I only experience it when I'm on my alt with my veno standing next to me. When I'm on my veno, my skin always stays the same. Do others see me as a pale ghostly character too then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]