G15 helm/cape vs g16 helm/cap

Options
Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Blademaster
I was wondering, now that i can make the switch.

If i take the g15 helm+cape, i get 13.8k HP, 18.4k pdef, 8.5k mdef (nw buffs)

If i take the g16 helm+cape, i get 15.1k HP, 18.4k pdef, 7.8k mdef (nw buffs)

Which of the two would be a better combo to go for if going for pvp(nw,tw not 1 vs 1) and pulling (pve)?

I have a preference for mdef, but is the gain in hp worth the loss in mdef, or not? I can't seem to find out the equations that relate the two b:surrender.

Any help be appreciated.
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SpearSpark - Heavens Tear
    SpearSpark - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i looked at your gear and i put myself in your shoes

i would go with the g15 helm and cape

since you use r8 ring that doesnt refine for pdef and nw buff is missing vanguard, you cant

magic marrow and bring your pdef and mdef to a balance, so without marrowing i would

go with the g15 helm and cape for the more mdef
    往事如烟
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'd go for the G16 N3 Cape + Helm for Group PvP/PvE. (I hope you swap blessings cause it appears you threw the Jones Blessing on).

I want to say that because I assume you're eventually going to get R9 recasted ring, and maybe another ring instead of R8 (Lunar/CloudStir/Moon's Embrace for mag resist)

+400 magic resist is cool and all, but it can be obtained from other ornaments (if you replace the R8 ring).

Not to mention, comparing both of the pwcalcs, your magic resist against level 101 enemies is the difference of 1% (demon marrows I assume, it showed you have demon bell on). I don't know the math exactly, but I would find the HP more worth it in higher refines + 900 HP than 1% magic resist increase.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited July 2013
    Options
    is it just me, or are the numbers provided in the op inaccurate? any who:

any respectable pvper would never use a r8 ring. sure, it gives more attack than a lot of low-end rings, but it cannot be refined. LGI - Ornament is very cheap now, and that ring offers more mdef than the g15 nv helm/cape combo. it also gives accuracy. assuming you resell these items in the future for superior ones, the g16 would sell easier.

(it also helps when you add the mods from the armour to see the real results)
    http://pwcalc.com/d3f53f0113bb6dc6
    http://pwcalc.com/1ac3194a82625fae
    edited July 2013
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/3103173ac7ce016e

this is what i currently have, i went with g16 cape and helm myself..

its just that i thought for nw wise if he has no vanguard buff and not enough pdef to magic

marrow the g15 combo would be nice, its only about 80 mil for both refined +7 g15 helm

and cape in my server, a lunar ring is already 20 mil + at least 100 mil for g16 helm cape

and it has no refine on the g16.
    往事如烟
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    When the host is hungry, pw calc is given in bare form b:surrender.

I can make g15 or g16 for "free", have the mats for either of them. I can make either tt or lunar versions. My tt helm is +8 already, but that is no biggy, refining is not the issue here.

I was thinking specifically in NW terms, and being caught unbuffed in tw (purge or being ganked).

If i have let's say 15k hp, but lower mdef, would i still get one shot, compared to having a 13.5k hp and higher mdef?

I'll be one shot in nw for a long time.

The plans are there to upgrade the rings, first up is sky cover, almost acquired, have the money for that. R9 ring will be upgraded in the same time frame, about 2~3 months from now.

All my engravings are dex b:chuckle, i get close to 290 dex with my claws.

On sanctuary it costs about 7~13m to turn your g15 into g16. G15 helm/cape costs about 23m. You can buy them from other players at 20~40m, lunar versions as well. But since i have the mats, not worried about their costs.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    When the host is hungry, pw calc is given in bare form b:surrender.

I can make g15 or g16 for "free", have the mats for either of them. I can make either tt or lunar versions. My tt helm is +8 already, but that is no biggy, refining is not the issue here.

I was thinking specifically in NW terms, and being caught unbuffed in tw (purge or being ganked).

If i have let's say 15k hp, but lower mdef, would i still get one shot, compared to having a 13.5k hp and higher mdef?

The plans are there to upgrade the rings, first up is sky cover, almost acquired, have the money for that. R9 ring will be upgraded in the same time frame, about 2~3 months from now.

All my engravings are dex b:chuckle, i get close to 290 dex with my claws.

On sanctuary it costs about 7~13m to turn your g15 into g16. G15 helm/cape costs about 23m. You can buy them from other players at 20~40m, lunar versions as well. But since i have the mats, not worried about their costs.

if cost is not an issue then get the g16 helm and cape, and try to refine it til u have around 18k hp with barb buff, and get a skycover/lunar ring asap to boost up pdef so u can have magic marrow on at all time.

18k hp with around 17k mdef in marrow was when i started not getting 1 shotted so often back then
    往事如烟
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

If caught in TW purged/4-5 people on you - you're dead unless AD timing saves your butt.

2k HP difference is meh if your magic resist still displays the 1% difference.

Go G16. Refine that. Get higher than 2k HP difference. Get your r9 ring recasted since you're gonna get Sky Cover (I personally am going for Cloud Stir). Refine that. Your magic resistance should raise about 3-5% more against level 101 enemies and you should have more HP at this point.

And yes, till now to where I'm suggesting, you'll still be one shot (in your terms/situation). Even I get one shot sometimes when a +12 Psy hits me for 20k. It happens. When you reach end game, you should have G16 Cape+Helm for extra HP, your ornaments higher for more resistance... and then no more one shot :<
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW