Phantom Floors

MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Quality Corner
Warsong is filled with phantom floor (mobs falling down into the map and resetting)

I dun think more details are needed since its a pretty known issue, but let me know if it is and I will provide more info
super mega interresting:
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
Post edited by MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Details are required. How can someone fix a problem when they don't know where it is? Follow the guidelines before posting. Your post is not at all helpful to pinpointing exactly where the problem spots are.

...I mean, come on, do you call the plumber and not tell him where your house is to fix your leaky faucet?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Details are required. How can someone fix a problem when they don't know where it is? Follow the guidelines before posting. Your post is not at all helpful to pinpointing exactly where the problem spots are.

...I mean, come on, do you call the plumber and not tell him where your house is to fix your leaky faucet?

^ So much this.

Honestly, no, I have no idea what you're talking about by "phantom floors." I run warsong all day long and have never had issues with mobs falling through the floor.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:stare This happens rather frequently in my experience.

- Enter warsong and start the battle for clearstream ("It's time to bring the fight to them!" from the NPC)
    - Go to a pavilion and defend it
    - Occasionally, while the mobs are approaching they will drop into the floor (looks like they stepped into a hole). Sometimes they fall all the way through, sometimes you can still see them. Regardless, they will reset their HP and after a few seconds disappear (I assume they get respawned at the spawn point).

Using knockback skills can also knock them trough the floor and lead to the same effect, but the mobs do this on their own sometimes as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never seen these "phantom floors". What I have seen is that mob sometimes get stuck on the borders, and then reset.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never seen it. And that sucks. Another phantom floor glitch is when you teleport to 1k or morai and suddenly your dropping through the ground and you get stuck in a drop warp that never ends. You have to log out and log back in. I seriously have never seen this warsong thing happen before. Which pavilion does this happen in, or is it all pavilions? Or just while defending? Does it happen while fighting with other players too in the pavilions, and do they see the same thing?
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The head mob goes into the floor when I use knockback on it with my wiz defending Metal. Doesn't really cause too much of a problem until it gets low enough that I find it hard to target quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    oki since clarification is needed I will do so.

Im a wizard, I have will of the phoenix.

When clearing wood pavilon I use it to keep the mobs away from me (its the bread n butter vs melee mobs in PvE), they very often get pushed near the pillars, where they then disappear (fall down thru the map) and come back with full HP and completely reset.

Every single class that uses knockbacks surely has experienced this when clearing wood pavilon (I dont rly notice it much with the other pavs)
    super mega interresting:
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've seen this happen in water pav, close to NPC. Sometimes its almost like mobs are killing Clearstream from under the floor. Tho this seems unlikely I can swear that the npc sometimes gets attacked/dies without any visable mobs on it :S
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    perhaps its cuz the NPC takes dmg from the player aswell as the mob, maybe the player hit him with AoEs
    super mega interresting:
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's interesting. Never heard of that before.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    ... Another phantom floor glitch is when you teleport to 1k or morai and suddenly your dropping through the ground and you get stuck in a drop warp that never ends. You have to log out and log back in. ...
    What you're describing here is actually a localized issue on your system. It's not loading the textures fast enough, or you have corrupt files. There are many fixes for it depending on what's preventing the ground textures from loading in time.

~~~On Topic~~~

As for mobs falling through the floors. I have never ever seen that. Pushed a few, or a boss off before attacking, seen them get stuck on corners and reset, never seen one fall through the floor before. We'll definitely need some kind of supporting evidence for this.
    Things to keep in mind are also localized graphical glitches caused by latency or something on your PC. So we'll need screenshots/video and complete system/network specs. (Speccy + dxdiag + network info + traceroute taken at the time of the issue.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never seen them walk into one by themselves, but I assume at least one or two times per defense a will of the phoenix will knock the mob down into a hole and reset. (I've only done Wood/Metal/Fire but I assume it would hold true for others)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks. We'll take a look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • lordemperror
    lordemperror Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    What you're describing here is actually a localized issue on your system. It's not loading the textures fast enough, or you have corrupt files. There are many fixes for it depending on what's preventing the ground textures from loading in time.

~~~On Topic~~~

As for mobs falling through the floors. I have never ever seen that. Pushed a few, or a boss off before attacking, seen them get stuck on corners and reset, never seen one fall through the floor before. We'll definitely need some kind of supporting evidence for this.
    Things to keep in mind are also localized graphical glitches caused by latency or something on your PC. So we'll need screenshots/video and complete system/network specs. (Speccy + dxdiag + network info + traceroute taken at the time of the issue.)

i think that i have the same problem but mine its a little more complicated, it always happens at the GV and city of plumes.
    I dont know where i have to seach.
    i appreciate if someone can help me.

some screenshorts

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411015395680740&set=pcb.411017499013863&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411016882347258&set=pcb.411017499013863&type=1&theater
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Slam has the potential to cause the same effect. If mobs are knocked off the edge of the path, or underneath, they reset. With the head, it isn't bound to the pavement so it wont reset hp or aggro if I slam it under the path. This has been around ever since I started doing Warsong a couple years ago. It never really bothered me.

Snakefist on the other hand.. a couple of times I have noticed that after going to pull him - and running back to BB - he follows a short distance then actually does "fall" through the floor and reset. Both times I noticed this (the whole squad did) he was following by coming down slightly to the left. Cant remember if this was the normal version or vile version though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've never had that happen before...

However ive had the glitch where we at the last boss and it spawns all 6 bosses at once lol b:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...