Which HA armor class is better?

Options
NecroBowman - Dreamweaver
NecroBowman - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
So hello eveyone, am planning to do a HA armor class, I was think in seeker or bms, however, need some feedback, am not planning to cash , ill like to know, which has a better farming rate, which can solo more stuff, which is cheaper, which is funnier, and any extra info.

If you say bms, Am not looking foward for a fist Bm. Ty for reading.
Post edited by NecroBowman - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you arent willing to use fists as BM, just roll seeker, period.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi guys, I am new to pwi as well and would like to try out pwi. I am thinking of making a seeker but i don't want to use sword skills, what does everyone think?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So hello eveyone, am planning to do a HA armor class, I was think in seeker or bms, however, need some feedback, am not planning to cash , ill like to know, which has a better farming rate, which can solo more stuff, which is cheaper, which is funnier, and any extra info.

Not cash and want farming rate? APS BM

Solo more stuff? APS BM

Cheaper? APS BM (TT99 arms/legs, tt99 orns, TM69 cape, deicides and G15 chest/legs are all you need to function)

Funnier? Um what? Barb is funniest because it looks ridiculous in panda form?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Since you are not going for aps at all, go seeker. Both are pretty balanced on how much and what you can farm. But, I like the seekers skills a lot better, but hf will get you in more squad based farming quicker than a seeker can.

To be effective at instance solo farming, a properly geared and refined aps toon can out farm any non-aps toon.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hi guys, I am new to pwi as well and would like to try out pwi. I am thinking of making a seeker but i don't want to use sword skills, what does everyone think?

lol, I am just laughing at this, how long have you been on forums now 1500 posts in 2 years. You are either trolling or honestly never played the game, but if my memory servers me correct you have been playing a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    Jenaniah - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol, I am just laughing at this, how long have you been on forums now 1500 posts in 2 years. You are either trolling or honestly never played the game, but if my memory servers me correct you have been playing a while.

He was referring to op's "i dont cash but i will not make a fist bm" lol :p
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Barb or Seeker. Both OP. Pick one.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

You also have over 1000 posts and still can't tell if someone is trolling b:chuckle
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You also have over 1000 posts and still can't tell if someone is trolling b:chuckle

I am trolling too f:hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I am trolling too f:hehe

What is this trolling f:gone?

To the OP, if you are serious about your question, make an APS barb. Will have the easiest time soloing things, when you get the gear, but will not be "cheap" to make.

But once you can solo things, you can get the money back.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Fox veno, takes basically less skill, money and reflexes required than other classes. Other than that, fair game for everyone else besides casters. That can help you farm coin well, to make a 5 APS character with decent speed, then you use your 5APS toon to farm... but then again, just make a barb or seeker for NW =) to get money
    Sage barb in progress.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Farm what?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Fist BMs are pretty decent but since you'd be against that, if you wanted a 55 str axe BM, I'd say go home. You need at minimal 150 dex and 2 accuracy rings, or 200 dex and 1 accuracy ring. You will also not be doing much in PvE without fists, I don't sue fists either and the only thing people really want me for is my HF and my crazy AoE damage with my axes.

However these days BMs are not as important, since our main job is crowd control and casters have auto-purify, it's a pain in the *** to be a BM and do a good job at controlling the scene. And if you try to play the roll as a DD< just quit. Yes, you can oneshot casters and some LA, but you'll never outshine a seeker or sin at DD, so stick to your job to make everyone elses life easy and have your team win.

Just wanted to say that.

Now as for seekers, the best thing is to try to be a rolling thunder. You can't crowd control, and you can't prevent being crowd controlled very well, but you can dish out some real punishment and can take your own share of punishment as well. You'll be killing, but not a crazy amount of AoE killing. People tend to clear away from seekers because they fear their AoE power, which they should.

That's all i really know about seekers though, I'm just a BM after all.
    If you arent willing to use fists as BM, just roll seeker, period.

You clearly know nothing of a BMs roll in group PvP. Period.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Implying that aps is all a BM is ever good for. Fantastic. >_> You do realize that your trolling is gonna be lost on a newbie, right?

OP: It's entirely possible to make a functional BM without significant fist specialization. Your role as a BM is partial tank and partial DD; if you can perform this role well, wherever else you place your stats or how you choose your weapons is no one's business but your own. It is worth noting, however, that most BMs carry at least one of each melee weapon type, and it's good to at least know all the weapons' skills even if you don't plan to specialize in that weapon.

In the end, roll both a BM and a Seeker and determine, on your own, which one is more fun to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Make an HA Cleric f:despise
    'nuff said.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ignore the comments about BM being tank. All classes in this game are capable of being tanks, and that said: BMs have some of the worst aggro anyway. BMs make good pullers. They don't need apo to pull decent in Lunar thanks to Will of the Bodhisattva and Alter Marrow Magic.

The reason I would choose BM is they are way over rated for BH 100s and they can acct share with Barbs everything including weapon; especially when not aps minded. Since you are not a CS'er; acct sharing would be beneficial.
  • Tyrion - Morai
    Tyrion - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    bm ofc
    Hear me roar!
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

You clearly know nothing of a BMs roll in group PvP. Period.

And I thought his questions focused around PvE and farming. Oh well, what do I know.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Tankability all depends on aggro. Aggro generation ( on a single target ) goes something like

R9t3+12 hax sins--G16+10/+12 claw barb--G16+10/+10 sins/G16+12+10 claw bm/g16+10/+12 claw archer--less refined versions of everything above--non-aps toons.

Op wanted farming rate. The only thing that can really farm is a claw toon. Every other form of farming is slow and you might as well merch.
    Channels

• tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Op wanted farming rate. The only thing that can really farm is a claw toon. Every other form of farming is slow and you might as well merch.

I'll refer back to my first post in this thread: "farm what?"

Claws farm apo pages in 89 faster? DQ faster? OHT?

Also, when you get tired of solo farming: is claw going to help in squads or duos so much, or will axes get your team of real dds to the bosses faster?
  • Eliteknight - Sanctuary
    Eliteknight - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Look at your barb.

Now look at me.

Now back to him

Now back to me.

Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped using lady's dual axes and switched to 5 aps w/ claws he could tank like me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You're in a TT with the barb your barb could tank like.

What's in your hand? Back at me, I have is an inventory with those nirvana crystals you love. Look back, the crystals are now gold mats.

Anything is possible when your barb tanks like a man and not a lady, I'm on a boat.

This pretty much sums it up, Also this is my fav quote but it works >.>
    Roes are RED, Carebears are blue, No one cares because GM'S still SCREWED YOU!!!!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

Also, when you get tired of solo farming: is claw going to help in squads or duos so much, or will axes get your team of real dds to the bosses faster?

Or you can BE a real DD

Also you can never, ever get tired of seeing gold mats pop into your inventory. $$$ b:dirty
    Channels

• tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Or you can BE a real DD

Also you can never, ever get tired of seeing gold mats pop into your inventory. $$$ b:dirty

Lol aps bms are neither good at 1-1 dd or AoE, and I can get tired of maintaining multiple weapons for one single class. Real dd? - You obviously don't know what dd is. BM are stun, HF, GS, etc. Their dd outside of AoE is non factor.
  • XAfterLifeX - Heavens Tear
    XAfterLifeX - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Uhm I've played all the melee classes and funniest has to be bm and seekers with bm you get to be APS and also have to opinion of aoes down side is BM can be extremely squishy until they get R9 or better armor, seekers cant solo as much and dont have the farming opinion but are much better in pk for they offer phy and magic attacks so deadly in pk and massive aoes. but for the non cash shopping player BMs are the best choice (sins are also good for farming but take a little more cash to get up there if the bm is only meant for farming) if you go with the pk/aoe of a bm then they cost more because youd need 2 sets of gear farming/pking
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I got a 58 barb, and 68 BM.. and a 102 seeker.. I don't have a sin anymore(deleted one that was 89) It should go without saying, which one I like the most.

Decide for yourself which is better by just playing all four of them.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    go roll a HA cleric then no aps no swords no multi weapons oh and no point but this seems a pretty much troll thread so meh
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    go roll a HA cleric then no aps no swords no multi weapons oh and no point but this seems a pretty much troll thread so meh

You make me sad saying there is no point in what I am b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ill like to know, which has a better farming rate, which can solo more stuff, which is cheaper, which is funnier, and any extra info.
    Implying that aps is all a BM is ever good for. Fantastic. >_> You do realize that your trolling is gonna be lost on a newbie, right?

You are only thinking of a bm in terms of pulling and primarily NW as a farming instance. Most bms i know who do pve, pvp, have an aps set. PVE farming is primarily about aps. Axes only out dd claws/fists if people refine them and get good ones. Most have good claws/fists first, because well, farming is about aps in pve.

Until someone gets r9 3rd cast to high refines, or g16 to high refine, the axes won't do much dd compared to other classes using similar refined weapons as your axes.

Warsong = hf, lvl 1 axes will work for that, after that you need claws/fists for boss. Lunar is similar to warsong. TT is primarily about claws. Card bosses is a sin's playing ground, or use claws, clearing might require axes, but if you are thinking of that, you already know enough about the game and how to do it. Only farming instance left is NW.

NW, maps are too fragmented these days, that you rarely need to kill people. In most 1 vs 1 in nw you will either get one shot, or you will kill your opponent fast by using claws compared to ill refined axes.

I assume claws will get refined first, second will be axes, because OP wants to farm.
    tweakz wrote: »
    Lol aps bms are neither good at 1-1 dd or AoE, and I can get tired of maintaining multiple weapons for one single class. Real dd? - You obviously don't know what dd is. BM are stun, HF, GS, etc. Their dd outside of AoE is non factor.

If you get tired, don't hate on others who do not. As stated in the bm forums, deicide are no match for g16 fist/claws in terms of 1 vs 1 against bosses. You used deicides, try out g16 with same refines at 5 aps, and see the difference in the damage output. Most classes that took agro from you before won't be able to steal agro.

BM aoe dd = axe refine dependent. A farming bm will most likely go for a cheap alternative to axes, that is why their aoe dd will be bad compared to better (expensive) axes in the game.

In terms of skill damage output, bms are down in the list compared to casters, seekers, archers when doing aoe when using low refined weapons.

Those of us who like to play a bm, do keep 4~5 weapons and use them when the situation arises. Often times when you kill the adv boss in wood, most bm will spark, hf, and do regular dd with claws. If you kept your play style, after the boss stuns the cleric, purges the tank, the squad is in trouble. You will have no choice but to keep on dding and hope the squad makes it. Chances are, if the tank can not tank unbuffed, tank will die, boss will die, and the tank will miss out on the badge. Had you kept a sword, you could have used MSS, and bought your squad 5~25 seconds to get rebuffed and be back on track.

That being said, most people don't know how to play bm anymore sadly, they get the gear, weapons, refines, shards, but are still hopeless in pve. I often see 10~13k unbuffed bm, who can not pull to save their life.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is my OPINION from first choice to last If you are not planning to spend cash....

Heavy Armor Veno: I'd say this is the cheapest of the potential normal heavy armor classes. Good defenses. Also very good debuffs.

Barb: Innate High hp and defenses. But low damage.

Seeker: You don't have to worry about as many weapon type skills as BM's, and with their hp, and defenses, they can tank well.

BM: You'll have to worry about multiple weapons, but this also makes them more versatile. They've got good defenses to melee, and even some to magic, and have debuffs as well.

Sins: Can tank well, but requires quite a bit of coin to be spent.

Heavy armor other classes: Can be done, but to make up for the damage loss, requires more coin to be spent...unless you don't really mind some of the consequences that come with being a heavy armor mage, and honestly that's okay. Lol.

Hope that helps. Again. This is merely my OPINION.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    However these days BMs are not as important, since our main job is crowd control and casters have auto-purify, it's a pain in the *** to be a BM and do a good job at controlling the scene. And if you try to play the roll as a DD< just quit. Yes, you can oneshot casters and some LA, but you'll never outshine a seeker or sin at DD, so stick to your job to make everyone elses life easy and have your team win.

Completely agreed. When I see BMs out DDing a Sin on a boss it's because she's a mix R9 gear with +12 fists <- really someone like that on RT, I don't remember her name

Sins are single target DD.
    Seekers are Groupe target AOE DD.
    BMs are like Saethos said.
    Barbs are the big buffy meat shield and tanker.

Speaking of Tanker... Barbs may lose agro to a perma-sparked sin or bm, but the point of the barb continuing to use agro skills ANYWAY... is because otherwise that DD is tanking all the time. If the aggro is bounced back and forth, then so be it. It's better than the DD tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010