FC Tip's/ How i can improve?

Nibaki - Heavens Tear
Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Blademaster
So i just hit lvl 80 (b:victory) And did my first FC run earlier today. I'm looking for some tips on how i could better support my squad. I have my roar maxed and am working on leveling my HF (is currently lvl 5) My gear is listed below-

Axe's- http://www.pwcalc.com/e6f154d5bfc2d8ed

Claw's- http://www.pwcalc.com/ee0f2b69942c2eb9
Post edited by Nibaki - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With player skills and good team communication primarily.

Be ready to stun mobs when needed, but do not stun them if the barb is tanking them and wants the chi.

Time your HF for the barbs armageddon if he is using it.

I aint a BM, but learn to do whatever BMs do to attack the bisshop groups without getting stunned.

Better yet, read the FC threads :)

Other than that, they key point for lvl 80 ish squads is in my experience to have the fire power to kill bisshops at the bisshop boss in time and thus some single target firepower is not to be neglected. Your AOE firepower is only of critical importance when there is no Seeker. So i vote for strengthening your claw setup.

Oh and, HF is your most important teamplay skill, have it max level asap.
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    With player skills and good team communication primarily.

Be ready to stun mobs when needed, but do not stun them if the barb is tanking them and wants the chi.

Time your HF for the barbs armageddon if he is using it.

I aint a BM, but learn to do whatever BMs do to attack the bisshop groups without getting stunned.

Better yet, read the FC threads :)

Other than that, they key point for lvl 80 ish squads is in my experience to have the fire power to kill bisshops at the bisshop boss in time and thus some single target firepower is not to be neglected. Your AOE firepower is only of critical importance when there is no Seeker. So i vote for strengthening your claw setup.

Oh and, HF is your most important teamplay skill, have it max level asap.

I always have an HF ready for bishops. I don't stun the mobs if a barb is pulling the assassins and big room and i see Beatial Rage on him. I'm working on my HF timing! TY for advice.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2013
    I always have an HF ready for bishops. I don't stun the mobs if a barb is pulling the assassins and big room and i see Beatial Rage on him. I'm working on my HF timing! TY for advice.

Ask if barb wants the mobs to be stunned. Many squads look for a BM because of quick AoE stun(along with HF of course). Best time to use stun is right after barb has used Sunder(if he's using that, good barbs usually do).

At bosses time the HF to best DPS DD's spark. It's usually a sin, but can be some other too. If you have Cloud Eruption on genie, you can spark when that DD does and then use genie and HF. Swap to fists/claws asap after channeling HF and APS to deal high damage very quickf:grin. Works even better with Demon spark with it's high APS chi recovery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Ask if barb wants the mobs to be stunned. Many squads look for a BM because of quick AoE stun(along with HF of course). Best time to use stun is right after barb has used Sunder(if he's using that, good barbs usually do).

At bosses time the HF to best DPS DD's spark. It's usually a sin, but can be some other too. If you have Cloud Eruption on genie, you can spark when that DD does and then use genie and HF. Swap to fists/claws asap after channeling HF and APS to deal high damage very quickf:grin. Works even better with Demon spark with it's high APS chi recovery.

b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I recently got Bolt of Tyreseus on my BM. Found it VERY useful if your tank is not up-to date with gears as the momentary attack debuff and freeze really helps. Especially if you Will-BoT-erupt-HF

At this point save up for a TM79 cape if you lack the TM69 one, to swap with your mantle (a very good cape; best p. much till 100 unless you're an alt with recast matchless wings lol)
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    I recently got Bolt of Tyreseus on my BM. Found it VERY useful if your tank is not up-to date with gears as the momentary attack debuff and freeze really helps. Especially if you Will-BoT-erupt-HF

At this point save up for a TM79 cape if you lack the TM69 one, to swap with your mantle (a very good cape; best p. much till 100 unless you're an alt with recast matchless wings lol)

Yes there are still a few skills I'm getting my hands on soon! (I switched my harddrive to a new computer so i cant play pwi for a little while till my new windows comes) I'm going to be doing the TM79 robe pretty soon just waiting on a few things to sell. (My sin has the wraithgate robe, but the price of getting an account stash far exceeds the price of an TM79 robe)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You will have to stash your TT99 aps pieces anyways so no point in getting an extra cape lol.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    You will have to stash your TT99 aps pieces anyways so no point in getting an extra cape lol.

I don't play my sin. Don't like playing them, quit him awhile back.