MORE Range SKILLS SHOULD BE ADDED TO SINS??

ZooozOOo - Archosaur
ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Assassin
ohh well since they upgraded all the classes skills would u like to see some range skills added to sins if it is what type of skill would u like to see b:laugh b:laugh n ur thought on hving some or 1more range skill added to sins opinion for or against b:victory......
Post edited by ZooozOOo - Archosaur on

Comments

• hiyoga789
    hiyoga789 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :D the idea of more ranged skills for sins sounds cool. I think they shd give sins a ranged silence skill + 2-3 more ranged skills that can deal massive damage too xD its kinda anoying to hv to run to some one wile they getting free hits on u or wile killing a mob thats flying -.- b:sin some ranged skill that has like a 30% chance of purging some one ;Df:sneaky
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Use a bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    use stealth to get close.
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    as HrunsPanda said, use stealth if youre not good at keeping opponents close, from there use your quick anti-movement skills and kill them.

however, sins already has a sleep, stun, an immobilize, a slow, as well as a teleport and a tele-stun skill. Its a matter of using your skills accordingly to keep them close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And here I was thinking a melee class was meant to attack from melee range...
    At least knife throw makes somewhat sense as a ranged skill since you know... you're throwing your dagger and you don't even have to go pick it back up!
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We have 4 Ranged skills at a 30+ meter range and we are the class with the best gap closing skills in the game (stealth, tidal, runs x2). Then we have the best CC abiltitys in melee range. Other than maybe some slight tweaks to the way stealth works i would say sins are golden!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    this is made to kno weather ppl will like to hv a few ranged skill rather than asking abt our present gap closing mechanism
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you wanted range skills roll an archer or seeker or well any magic class.

Sins = Melee class with the option of a bow.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Unholly - Morai
    edited July 2013
    When considering new skills for a class you have to consider their current skills and ablititys, so as not to give a class skills that would make it OP or would be pointless to have.

What i was trying to get at by listing our current gap closers. Is that wouldnt more range skills be rather pointless? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup pointless. In this case more pointless than OP i think. A seeker is OP because it is a tanky melee class with ranged skills that hit like glass cannons are supposed to hit.

For a sin its just pointless, you got all mentioned skills to bring you where the sin will shine: close combat. If you are gonna use ranged skills that are less powerfull than those of other ranged classes, those other ranged classes will just shoot back and laugh at you ?

And the mellee classes will probably just be glad that you are there telling you where you are so we can come and kill you instead of sneaking and stunning us :)
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    yeah fact is like archers the highest range dds in game got stealth n silence seeks well tanky good range dds that zerk mage hits so kinda broke so i feel it wont be a bad thing to add 1 or tow range skills b:laugh
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Yup pointless. In this case more pointless than OP i think. A seeker is OP because it is a tanky melee class with ranged skills that hit like glass cannons are supposed to hit.

For a sin its just pointless, you got all mentioned skills to bring you where the sin will shine: close combat. If you are gonna use ranged skills that are less powerfull than those of other ranged classes, those other ranged classes will just shoot back and laugh at you ?

And the mellee classes will probably just be glad that you are there telling you where you are so we can come and kill you instead of sneaking and stunning us :)

well if u see some good sins vid u will find thy rarely stealth in pk..
    as far as tw goes well stealth is alwayz not an option...
  • Unholly - Morai
    edited July 2013
    yeah fact is like archers the highest range dds in game got stealth n silence seeks well tanky good range dds that zerk mage hits so kinda broke so i feel it wont be a bad thing to add 1 or tow range skills b:laugh

I can see where you are coming from but by giving sins more range skills then that would be like trying to make our class in to something that it is not. If you give us skills to try and match an archers range damage it will be wasted on a sin for the simple reason that no matter what skill you get unless it is insanely OP we will never be able to compete with a class which is built around range damage.

More range damage skills would probably be counter beneficial too most assassins because a lot of our survival comes from getting in to close range and CCing. When we are at range our survival drops dramatically because of this. Unless said suggested range skills had a CC it would still always be preferable to get to melee range with your target as fast as possible, not to mention that a ranged CC on an assassin would be such a joke.

Range skills to compete with the two classes that you mentioned just wouldnt help us, these classes are built around it.
    If you want skills to counter said classes:
    --Tys - suggested a skill like seekers radiant sight 8 second + 31 detection, this would help a bit vs stealthy archuwers
    --vs seekers their damage is very high but that is for all classes if that were to be changed that would be a change to them no to our one class. If we are talking their tankyness then maybe a skill that would cut their def levels by a certain %. Then again we are the highest attack level class in the game.

*small note*- Heart of steal. Probably others have mentioned before but a lot of seekers are rendered completely useless by this skill. Zerks only hurt them when they are resisted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The best use I would realy have for more ranged skills is to oneshot the squishies ganking me in NW while I'm going after someone else... Sure knife throw is nice for one of em, but when I've got 8-10 on me it'd be nice to be able to remove 2-3 more...
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To many derp headed sins already pulling mobs backwards in pve. You'd never guess that this class was melee when they act like bad archers. Try playing some other classes if you want to see how this class really needs no help.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well not specifically a 30m+ range skill, but maybe one more that is maybe water-damage based that can't zerk?

Something like in the range of a BM's Smack skill, can't zerk, is water damage based on physical damage, and takes x amount of chi (something like 35). That would be interesting and balanced.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont see the point of ranged skills on a sin over knife throw, you defeat a sins purpose that way. want range get a caster or archer
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Well not specifically a 30m+ range skill, but maybe one more that is maybe water-damage based that can't zerk?

Something like in the range of a BM's Smack skill, can't zerk, is water damage based on physical damage, and takes x amount of chi (something like 35). That would be interesting and balanced.

+1 exactly my point XD