A possible way to revive pvp

Options
Reaperarm - Harshlands
Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Suggestion Box
Hi forum peoples. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but here goes my idea to maybe revive pvp a bit.

As alot of you know pvp has really died down. Usually it's the same people standing outside westgate day to day having small skirmishes. Atleast that's what i've been seeing on harshlands for quite some time now. I have'nt seen pvp at orchid temple or the swamps in I don't know how long.

So here's my idea and it should'nt be too much work for the game makers to implement. Why not reset the the pvp rankings on monthly or bi-monthly and at the end of each "season" (just like tw) reward the top ranking 5 or 10 players with a prize. This just might drive more people to get out there and pvp once again. Maybe even make it level bracketed 30-50, 51-70 ect. I have no clue what could be used for prizes. Maybe rare mounts, flyers or coin even. Just some kind of incentive to drive people would work.

So what do you guys think? Let me know and provide more ideas on how this could work and be implemented. I would just love to see people of all levels out there kickin each others rear ends again like I did back when I started playing pwi. Thanks for reading and all your replies.
If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
Post edited by Reaperarm - Harshlands on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The second you incentivize it, I guarantee you ticketing for PK griefing will explode :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I lick it b:victory ...er, i meant like it b:embarrass

But I do have 1 thing to add or that would need to be considered...

They should have a monthly contest to this as far as player kills and KvD... but, the rankings for this should be separate from the current rankings, so the overall rankings do not get whammied. Other than that, they need to fix the initial rankings page to begin with b:cry .

PS. This gonna git moved to suggestions forum b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The second you incentivize it, I guarantee you ticketing for PK griefing will explode :3

I'm sure it would but that would be no different than those days so long ago when it happened anyways. There will always be that crowd of people that threaten to report you the minute you pk them. In that case the old saying i've heard so many times come into play. "If you don't wanna pvp reroll to a pve server" b:laugh
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I lick it b:victory ...er, i meant like it b:embarrass

But I do have 1 thing to add or that would need to be considered...

They should have a monthly contest to this as far as player kills and KvD... but, the rankings for this should be separate from the current rankings, so the overall rankings do not get whammied. Other than that, they need to fix the initial rankings page to begin with b:cry .

PS. This gonna git moved to suggestions forum b:avoid

I like your idea for the kvd and yes they should make it seperate from the current rankings. The people at the top on the current rankings worked hard for a long time to get there and I would'nt want them to get robbed of that acheivement.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This would be so easily exploited by just making a ton of alts and killing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The op's idea is good, except the prizes. There doesn't need to be any prizes. Just knowing you won should be enough.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You people know, along with giving problematic issues to oh so quickly shoot down an idea... try actually thinking of a way in which something along that line of thought can be done, a way in which can not be exploited, a way that actually might be useful to the suggestion that was given itself... and hence the biggest problem on the forums, all the terrible twos posts.

Well, back to business, obviously this needs it's own rankings sets.

As to the rewards themselves, that is really the last thing to be figured out, and most likely would be whatever PWE decides on... IF this suggestion were to be implemented.

The most important thing apparently is how the rewards would be gained... In what manner can an open world PK system work that is un-exploitable?

So far the only one I am aware of is the Morai saturday night quest/event.

If alt killing is the issue, lets try this. Morai itself is un-accessable until level 95. To make a bunch of level 95 alts would be silly for just this one month at a time run contest... but I am sure some would do so or even already have 95+ toons and thus do not need to make alts. Lets keep it to Morai AND to unique kills, which would also cut down the "griefing". In this manner, even if someone uses alts, it could only be exploited once. As far as I know, they already do track unique kills. The true active PKers would absolutely rolfacestomp the rankings of someone thinking that killing alts would help their cause.

Let this be the case for level 95~100+ (Tier I) in this contest... Kills must be in Morai + Kills must be Unique Kills.

Tier II : 89 =>99 ... Kills must be in Lothranis or Momaganon + Kills must be Unique Kills.

**Note : Morai Kills and Lothranis/Momaganon Kills must be recorded separate of each other.

Tier III : 60 => 89 ... Kills must be in NW + Kills must be Unique Kills.

Tier IV : 30 => 59 ... Kills must be in Overland PWI Map + Kills must be Unique Kills.
    The op's idea is good, except the prizes. There doesn't need to be any prizes. Just knowing you won should be enough.
    Nah... some type of prize should be awarded... first place, second place, third... and the last 7 places as places 4th thru 10th. This would absolutely liven up the pk scene on every server. Prizes dont need to be a MoG or Summerwind Token or nothin like that... but prizes will be needed as incentive

Well, problem(s) solved... have a nice day all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You people know, along with giving problematic issues to oh so quickly shoot down an idea... try actually thinking of a way in which something along that line of thought can be done, a way in which can not be exploited, a way that actually might be useful to the suggestion that was given itself... and hence the biggest problem on the forums, all the terrible twos posts.

As to the rewards themselves, that is really the last thing to be figured out, and most likely would be whatever PWE decides on... IF this suggestion were to be implemented.

The most important thing apparently is how the rewards would be gained... In what manner can an open world PK system work that is un-exploitable?

If alt killing is the issue, lets try this. Morai itself is un-accessable until level 95. To make a bunch of level 95 alts would be silly for just this one month at a time run contest... but I am sure some would do so or even already have 95+ toons and thus do not need to make alts. Lets keep it to Morai AND to unique kills, which would also cut down the "griefing". In this manner, even if someone uses alts, it could only be exploited once. As far as I know, they already do track unique kills. The true active PKers would absolutely rolfacestomp the rankings of someone thinking that killing alts would help their cause.

Let this be the case for level 95~100+ (Tier I) in this contest... Kills must be in Morai + Kills must be Unique Kills.

Tier II : 89 =>99 ... Kills must be in Lothranis or Momaganon + Kills must be Unique Kills.

**Note : Morai Kills and Lothranis/Momaganon Kills must be recorded separate of each other.

Tier IV : 30 => 59 ... Kills must be in Overland PWI Map + Kills must be Unique Kills.

Nah... some type of prize should be awarded... first place, second place, third... and the last 7 places as places 4th thru 10th. This would absolutely liven up the pk scene on every server. Prizes dont need to be a MoG or Summerwind Token or nothin like that... but prizes will be needed as incentive

Perfect. This is exactly what I wanted someone to do was take my idea and run with it like this. This would be great if pw implemented it. Thank you Apostasy and the rest of you for your replies.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Loth, Momaganon and Morai seem fine, but NW ...nah. The first 3 are simply free maps, even if they aren't very populated maybe new rankings would draw people there more. NW is an event, of which goal is actually killing, so it doesn't really makes sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    just make it impossible to get into any instance until you clear every quest in during those levels.

IE: GV CLEAR EVERY QUEST UNTIL LVL 85 OR NO ACCESS.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Loth, Momaganon and Morai seem fine, but NW ...nah. The first 3 are simply free maps, even if they aren't very populated maybe new rankings would draw people there more. NW is an event, of which goal is actually killing, so it doesn't really makes sense.

Not at all... the reason I picked what I did was thinking about both PvE servers and PvP servers... the majority of 60-89's likely now stopped attending NW in droves... this would entice them back in... So it makes plenty of sense...

If 60-89's could get kills on the overland maps... the 30-59's would get railroaded...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ynxi - Archosaur
    Ynxi - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Or how about ya just get all those PVP people from the PVE servers on the PVP servers?
    Solves both the PK grief problem on PVE servers, and the low PVP amount on PVP servers.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    just reopen the arena xd
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Not at all... the reason I picked what I did was thinking about both PvE servers and PvP servers... the majority of 60-89's likely now stopped attending NW in droves... this would entice them back in... So it makes plenty of sense...

If 60-89's could get kills on the overland maps... the 30-59's would get railroaded...

Well you'd have to earn kills only from you level range or something. Like if lvl 80 kills a lvl 30 he gets nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Or how about ya just get all those PVP people from the PVE servers on the PVP servers?
    Solves both the PK grief problem on PVE servers, and the low PVP amount on PVP servers.
    This would accomplish nothing... even merging all the servers per coast as the only thing they could do otherwise, and in regard to what you are saying here, east and west. The reason this would accomplish nothing, is because pk does not exist on any server apparently, not on the pve nor on the pvp servers except in small random doses. Merging servers is not gonna miraculously change this issue.
    Well you'd have to earn kills only from you level range or something. Like if lvl 80 kills a lvl 30 he gets nothing.
    This is already solved on the basis that kills are counted uniquely in their respective areas already mentioned given the 4 tiers.

Does anyone read up on issues (server mergers have been discussed to death in past threads) or even over the posts within a thread (this thread already answered the kill count issue and levels in respect to it), before randomly posting things already stated and solved in hindsight? b:cry

please refer to this

and this by extension
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Options
    well the core problem is the cost associated with pvp, namely guardian scrolls or SL waiting time. I think that dropping stuff is a relic of the past; if this was abolished (and perhaps turning pk mode off whenever you want for pve servers) I think that we'll get more people pk'ing (resulting in profit via charm loss, even if they lose profit from GS).

just look what happened with NW and the OT glitch... people just want to pk a bit without too much investment.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    well the core problem is the cost associated with pvp, namely guardian scrolls or SL waiting time. I think that dropping stuff is a relic of the past; if this was abolished (and perhaps turning pk mode off whenever you want for pve servers) I think that we'll get more people pk'ing (resulting in profit via charm loss, even if they lose profit from GS).

just look what happened with NW and the OT glitch... people just want to pk a bit without too much investment.

OT glitch?... what is this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Options
    OT glitch?... what is this?

when you could pk in the secret passage in orchid temple... yeah, I should have said secret passage
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    when you could pk in the secret passage in orchid temple... yeah, I should have said secret passage

oh yeah... got it. yeah, there were lots there. if they would open the arena to work the same way as pk-secret passage worked... and keep it open at all times... that would be a fine addition to the pvp reward thing this thread is about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]