Ranking your Dervish

2»

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Max attack and crit; that's as good as it gets considering those are the 2 best stats. I envy his luck.

Same. But tbh, the best two rolls I've seen on my server couldn't have happened to better people. I'd be miffed if they were on hyper leveled CS noobs who can't play for jack.

And they're both sage BMs, crazy huh?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same. But tbh, the best two rolls I've seen on my server couldn't have happened to better people. I'd be miffed if they were on hyper leveled CS noobs who can't play for jack.

And they're both sage BMs, crazy huh?

Certain people on my server have extraordinary luck that don't deserve it, kinda blows. But nice to hear luck elsewhere it belongs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Certain people on my server have extraordinary luck that don't deserve it, kinda blows. But nice to hear luck elsewhere it belongs.

I... seriously know that feel.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Me too.

That's just unfair.

I don't think I'll be third cast for some time. 112/210 Badges so far. Come on 2x, daddy needs to farm Lunar for badges!

So did you get yours? I got mine finally but Zheii hates me for it. I think she's breaking up with me for it.

i47.tinypic.com/332yzau.jpg
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So did you get yours? I got mine finally but Zheii hates me for it. I think she's breaking up with me for it.

i47.tinypic.com/332yzau.jpg

....I hate you for your stupid 24 attack lvls, silly bm D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    **** everything else though. Mine have 21 Attack levels and 5% crit, they'll do for now even though the +max physical attack is kinda low. I'm thinking I'll reroll after I've gone full +10 and have enough stuff to re-refine after I start rolling for something better.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    In this server, it's just the attack levels. Nothing else matters to them - thus why I told her it was bad... she doesn't believe me.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    In this server, it's just the attack levels. Nothing else matters to them - thus why I told her it was bad... she doesn't believe me.

It'll definitely do for now. 24 Attack level is pretty beastly, if you had more crit and even 20 more phys attack I'd definitely go with those. Still, your Blade Tornado's gonna suffer a bit when you get it and crit really really helps. Unf 5% <3
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Just feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the wrath of the glorious BT with good axes. qq

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Just feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the wrath of the glorious BT with good axes. qq

*Blade Tornado's you*

*one shots you*

*you die*

*you cry*

*you give me a high five*
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Keep adding on to that, I might just sing it to you.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Keep adding on to that, I might just sing it to you.

Hey baby baby! I got a BT for you!

Baby baby! Gonna one shot you!

You're gonna die!

You're gonna cry!

Then we'll high five!

Hey baby baby! Baby baby! YEAH!

Sing it, put it on youtube, if it takes off we'll do a duet.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    so how does the script work...

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    so how does the script work...

Click either link (mine or Jaabg's)

Hit alt+f in your browser (Aka, "Find") and type in your stats separated by commas. Drop the last digit off the max attack

Example:

20, 5, 17, 14 (For 20 Attack levels, 5 Crit, 17 Strength, 14x max attack)

Results in 23.13%. Which means 23.12% of possible rolls are better.

If your actual result is, say 147-149 for max attack, prolly just round it up to 15. Which ups it to 21.22%, however thats still a reroll needed.

Rules of thumb:

Minimum, you want 20 attack levels. 23-25 is ideal. The bulk of the damage comes from attack levels.

Only keep 4 crit if you have otherwise perfect stats. Go for 5+. Crit is hard to come by and worth sacrificing some strength and max attack, and a tiny bit of attack levels.

Strength and Max attack can be said to be a throwaway stat unless they are REALLY high and you meet the minimums of the other two stats given skills like Blade Tornado do not crit or use attack levels.

Shoot for 15th percentile or better.

Keeping a roll that is 19, 6, 20, 180 is debatable however. 18, 6, 20, 180 is kinda meh.

21, 6, 15, 140 is actually better than 23, 4, 15, 140 by both practice and in the listing. 24, 4, 15, 140 is about even in the ranking, but I'd call the 21, 6 better. Lucky crits are too important to our class given our lower base crit compared to say archers or sins.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Strength and Max attack can be said to be a throwaway stat unless they are REALLY high and you meet the minimums of the other two stats given skills like Blade Tornado do not crit or use attack levels.

I know Blade Tornado dosen't crit, but isn't the chance to do 1.5x damage based off your crit rate? I don't remember the skill discription and I'm too lazy to log off shop and log on BM. Personly I would say Strength is the only stat that I feel is a throw away add.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    I know Blade Tornado dosen't crit, but isn't the chance to do 1.5x damage based off your crit rate? I don't remember the skill discription and I'm too lazy to log off shop and log on BM. Personly I would say Strength is the only stat that I feel is a throw away add.

Strength makes up for more damage than max attack overall when I did my calcs on my current build at the time. IE - the variance accounted for greater base damage.

BT: "The skill cannot land a critical hit, but has twice your critical hit chance of dealing 1.5x damage."

RR: "The skill cannot land a critical hit, but has three times your critical hit chance of dealing 1.5x damage."

"Strength and Max attack can be said to be a throwaway stat unless they are REALLY high and you meet the minimums of the other two stats given skills like Blade Tornado do not crit or use attack levels."

Theres goofball exceptions, I was trying to be general and not specific. I should have said "Morai skills". I'm mostly talking overall as well given were utilizing other skills more than the super long CD of Morai skills.

I think the bottom line is: 25 Attack levels with 3 crit 10 Strength and 90 Max attack is utter **** and my barely passable roll is better than that. I see a lot of BMs keeping utter **** because they got 21 or 23 attack levels, but shafted in everything else - and it's super fail. Theres more than just attack levels to consider, the strength does do a noticeable amount of damage, and so does the max attack. I see a lot of BMs ignoring the crit as well and I'm like "Wtf?".
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To be honest I want max attack and max crit. I would be ok with 18-20 attack levels and 9-10 strength. You can kind of cheat with ring and neck engraving to make up a bit for **** strength roll. I'm just having a tough time figuring out what to do. I have +12 on everything and I would hate to lose it when I recast. Comming up with 2800+ stones to transfer is no easy task also. I know as soon as I roll axe it's going to be minimum stats. I used all my luck in getting -int on r8r chest 1st roll.b:surrender
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will necro this thread b:chuckle, please don't close it. This chip sale will see quite a few more dervish popping up.

I just made mine, and got these stats, going to keep since i can't play pwi due to my high ping.

http://pwcalc.com/30fe3c0169519221 the armour is not in my build, nor are the stones, refines in any gear. Just the weapon stats.

Should i keep these stats or reroll? I can reroll 12 times, but i can not do any more warsong, so if i don't get anything super better in 12 rolls, that would majorly suck b:cry.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will necro this thread , please don't close it. This chip sale will see quite a few more dervish popping up.

I just made mine, and got these stats, going to keep since i can't play pwi due to my high ping.

the armour is not in my build, nor are the stones, refines in any gear. Just the weapon stats.

Should i keep these stats or reroll? I can reroll 12 times, but i can not do any more warsong, so if i don't get anything super better in 12 rolls, that would majorly suck .
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Jaabg - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 2 months 23 days 14 hours 52 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will necro this thread b:chuckle, please don't close it. This chip sale will see quite a few more dervish popping up.

http://pwcalc.com/30fe3c0169519221 the armour is not in my build, nor are the stones, refines in any gear. Just the weapon stats.

Should i keep these stats or reroll? I can reroll 12 times, but i can not do any more warsong, so if i don't get anything super better in 12 rolls, that would majorly suck b:cry.

Those stats seem pretty familiar. I chose to reroll. You basically have low end everything adds (low str, low vit, low crit. Max dmg is nice, though.) and 1/4 chances to improve you attack level (10-20,21-25).

I actually just rerolled mine 8 more times and got this. I'm gonna stick with it. Everything is decent enough, although not great. The remaining 4 attack levels would only be like 2% more dph and if it rerolled my strength lower much of that gain would be gone anyways.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the input saku, my issue is i don't do much pve, i just log in for nw at times, and that is it. Very bad ping here.

I would rather keep current stats and have the weapon at +11 than to roll for new stats and hope for better right now. I am guessing the +11 weapon would win out over a better stated +8~+10 weapon?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am guessing the +11 weapon would win out over a better stated +8~+10 weapon?

Almost definitely, since those stats are about 70% of max and you'll probably never get max. After a ton of rolls maybe 90% of max.

My issue was shards + refines are around 250m for +10 and 2x garnets. I didn't want to get there and then go "hmm... I wish these stats were better" and look at either having subpar axes or rerolling then spending another 250m. So I waited to reroll mine.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • punk21790
    punk21790 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok so im not very programming savy so im having a hard time figuring out the input commands on the ranking system posted. So im just going to post my stats here and if someone wouldnt mind inputting them for me and telling me my ranking id be very thankful.

Att lvl 24
    Str 15
    Crit 5%
    Max att 101
    Vit 10

I got super lucky and got those stats first roll.
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    punk21790 wrote: »
    ok So Im Not Very Programming Savy So Im Having A Hard Time Figuring Out The Input Commands On The Ranking System Posted. So Im Just Going To Post My Stats Here And If Someone Wouldnt Mind Inputting Them For Me And Telling Me My Ranking Id Be Very Thankful.

Att Lvl 24
    Str 15
    Crit 5%
    Max Att 101
    Vit 10

I Got Super Lucky And Got Those Stats First Roll.

#1021 11.16%: 24, 5, 15, 100
  • punk21790
    punk21790 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thanks a lot b:laugh
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Almost definitely, since those stats are about 70% of max and you'll probably never get max. After a ton of rolls maybe 90% of max.

My issue was shards + refines are around 250m for +10 and 2x garnets. I didn't want to get there and then go "hmm... I wish these stats were better" and look at either having subpar axes or rerolling then spending another 250m. So I waited to reroll mine.

I only had +5 refines, so i rerolled the axes. I was not super happy with those stats. Current stats are ok, and sticking with those.

Current stats.

I refined them again and got +4 after failing once. So used orbs afterwards to get +8.

I am finding that 34% crit is useful, just wish i had more crit. Mage bane and someone else doing hf should help out a lot in aoe situations.