Are there still beginers on this game?

oloio
oloio Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Last time i loged in with my lvl 60 psy i couldnt find anywhere somone around my lvl to go BH with or any other kind of quest .. and it was like 1 year ago. i was thinking to rejoin but with a new char this time and i was wondering if it will be the same. lvl to 60 and leave or somethng as changed .. somone can tell me whats going on before i install the game
Aquarius Server ID 6520196G070006056002446S3f8fb2

Use it when u create ur Character ,Add me to friend list and ill try to help u out..
Looking for Disciples too ..HAVE FUN :D
Post edited by oloio on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, there are still beginners (I run into one every once in a while) but they're rare, and in general level up faster than we used to (whether from Lucid chests, perfect questmaster, generally higher quest rewards for low level quests, or power leveling.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • neverillusions
    neverillusions Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I am rare!?
    neverwinter%20logo.png
    Characters:
    None created yet.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Depends what you mean by beginners. You are learning everyday, even if you're 100+.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • oloio
    oloio Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I mean low lvls .. I have played this game for more then 3 years cant call myself a beginer but still learnig tho P i didnt knew lvling was faster now .i hope it is. i was wondering if ill get ay help with BH and stuff to lvl faster cuz last time i got stuck at 60
    Aquarius Server ID 6520196G070006056002446S3f8fb2

Use it when u create ur Character ,Add me to friend list and ill try to help u out..
    Looking for Disciples too ..HAVE FUN :D
  • Damirien - Heavens Tear
    Damirien - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I... am always a beginner
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    long story short, it will be quite hard to find bh and most of the times there will be a high-lvl helper xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Beagalltach - Lost City
    Beagalltach - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been running a 'PWI Challenge Mode' and I have very rarely encountered anyone.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I created a new character about a week ago on a different server (so I wouldn't be tempted to use hand me downs from my main characters on RT, or gold I have). And so far its been quite fun, and a bit of a challenge. Granted BH29-39 have been a bear to find squads for but 51+ are fairly easy, and wcing for boss help has found some friendly folks.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I created a new character about a week ago on a different server (so I wouldn't be tempted to use hand me downs from my main characters on RT, or gold I have). And so far its been quite fun, and a bit of a challenge. Granted BH29-39 have been a bear to find squads for but 51+ are fairly easy, and wcing for boss help has found some friendly folks. Some high level, some around my character's level that needed it as well.

So all in all, as I am playing this character on a different server, unfunded, and using what is given by PW (NPC gear then Dreamchaser - still using the latter), I would consider myself a new player.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, there are still beginners (I run into one every once in a while) but they're rare, and in general level up faster than we used to (whether from Lucid chests, perfect questmaster, generally higher quest rewards for low level quests, or power leveling.)

Agreed with Mayfly.
    Leveling is much easier nowadays so see new players in low level areas is quite rare. They exist but they are few.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So true, sad thing is that everyone is leveling too fast that the new players or ones that retired before level 60 (and either cash shopping or skip farming/grinding for coin) are the ones that won't catch up and will end up quitting. The game haven't been new player friendly since that day. Those days where people were actually playing the game, and having people looking for PK kills around the map, doing random things, etc are gone and won't come back unless the devs sacrifice the old veterans/CSers playing the game still and bring in new players/CSers instead.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    Well, low-lvl beginners are quite rare these days. But beginners are very common at 70-90(/100) since so many straight buy heads to 80-90 and then start learning their class in FC. Around 60-80 there's some ppl who used today's normal leveling methods(Realm of Reflection, BH, FB, Tideborn chain, Perfect Questmaster, Lucidgold, questing...Kitty used all this stuff) and refuse to powerlvl their way to FC(and maybe refuse to enter even FC after 80) and do rest of quests and BH instead so it's quite good choice to try getting to 60 with the methods mentioned earlier and then BH and quest your way to 75-80, maybe buying couple heads between 75 and 80 if feeling lazy much and BH59 starts to get annoying.

This way one learns their class pretty well, how to survive alone by questing and how to act in squad by doing BHs in own-lvl squads(not by having some lvl 100 to solo BH for youf:fume).
    By doing Jolly Old Jones Bounty Orders daily to get coins, skills are learned and decent gear acquired when entering FC at 78-80+. At this point one who took this way can be considered quite proish compared to most hypernoobs who never did any of this and have skills unlearned and bad gears(not to mention they usually suck at everything else except killing FC heads unless they exceptionally smart and learn their class from reading the skill descriptions and thinking a bit how they'd work and where).

Kitty took this way on her most chars though started buying some heads already at 70 when she felt she knew the class well. And Kitty would like to get more ppl that did the same to FC with her, Kitty's already getting frustrated at all those badly-geared hypernoobsf:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There still is new beginners/low-levels who take it slowly - got some of these people in my faction. Have to say it makes me glad to see new faces in PWI.
    Well, low-lvl beginners are quite rare these days. But beginners are very common at 70-90(/100) since so many straight buy heads to 80-90 and then start learning their class in FC. Around 60-80 there's some ppl who used today's normal leveling methods(Realm of Reflection, BH, FB, Tideborn chain, Perfect Questmaster, Lucidgold, questing...Kitty used all this stuff) and refuse to powerlvl their way to FC(and maybe refuse to enter even FC after 80) and do rest of quests and BH instead so it's quite good choice to try getting to 60 with the methods mentioned earlier and then BH and quest your way to 75-80, maybe buying couple heads between 75 and 80 if feeling lazy much and BH59 starts to get annoying.

This way one learns their class pretty well, how to survive alone by questing and how to act in squad by doing BHs in own-lvl squads(not by having some lvl 100 to solo BH for youf:fume).
    By doing Jolly Old Jones Bounty Orders daily to get coins, skills are learned and decent gear acquired when entering FC at 78-80+. At this point one who took this way can be considered quite proish compared to most hypernoobs who never did any of this and have skills unlearned and bad gears(not to mention they usually suck at everything else except killing FC heads unless they exceptionally smart and learn their class from reading the skill descriptions and thinking a bit how they'd work and where).

Kitty took this way on her most chars though started buying some heads already at 70 when she felt she knew the class well. And Kitty would like to get more ppl that did the same to FC with her, Kitty's already getting frustrated at all those badly-geared hypernoobsf:cry

Even if the things you mentioned are today's normal leveling ways, I'd still say using lucidgold rewards and questmaster right away can be considered powerleveling. I learned my stuff ingame at lvl 20s - we used to do FB 19 with a squad al lin crappy gear but everyone thought it was super exciting and fun. Nowadays the learning seems to happen in 59 if said player do not powerlevel in FC, and 59 is too late IMO.

What comes to your skills are learned.... b:laugh All of my alts have all sills at lvl 8-9-10 at lvl 70-90.
  • cobra2425
    cobra2425 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i am downloading the game on arc and i am going to be a new player so i am wondering what is the best server to play on
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    The one closest to your timezone, which gives lowest ping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NzPanda - Archosaur
    NzPanda - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I am rare!?

I love that :)
  • thesmexybandit
    thesmexybandit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not "new" to the game but I'm not much of an MMO player. I would love to find some company to play with otherwise I quit after about a month of playing. like I did last time. I booted up my old character but it's soooo boring not having anyone to play with and anyone high level seems like they're not even human, no responses, no cares. idk. I'd love someone to play with!

I'm in santuary.
    BanditFox
  • cucumber56
    cucumber56 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is there power leveling in this game?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    b:chuckle Is there power leveling in this game, he asks. b:chuckle

Did you read this thread at all before posting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not "new" to the game but I'm not much of an MMO player. I would love to find some company to play with otherwise I quit after about a month of playing. like I did last time. I booted up my old character but it's soooo boring not having anyone to play with and anyone high level seems like they're not even human, no responses, no cares. idk. I'd love someone to play with!

I'm in santuary.
    BanditFox

Unfortunately, I don't play much anymore (understatement) or I would definitely quest with you. I know exactly what you are talking about. The reason why I stopped playing was because finding an at-level squad or finding random people who are doing the same quest became nearly impossible. I will always remember 2008 and early 2009 on PWI as the most fun I have EVER had gaming.....soooooo many people playing (and before all the changes)!!!!

Anyways, I will try whispering you next time I log in to see if you want someone to quest with. I have a motley crew of characters at various levels so I will likely have one at whatever level you are at.

In the meantime, I would strongly recommend just trying out various factions until you find one that suits you. Joining a faction is often the best way to meet new people in this game.

Have fun b:victory
  • iambella
    iambella Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im gonna be a beginner i dont know anything about this game i really cant wait to play it
    it looks so gorgeous and does anyone else think the main girl on the PWI page is cute? im sorry i know shes a character but shes gorgeous she looks realb:dirty
  • g0d0fd3ath
    g0d0fd3ath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iambella wrote: »
    im gonna be a beginner i dont know anything about this game i really cant wait to play it
    it looks so gorgeous and does anyone else think the main girl on the PWI page is cute? im sorry i know shes a character but shes gorgeous she looks realb:dirty

why don't you join sanctuary, we could probably quest together. I'm in the learning process too b:victory
    Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
    In USA-East The Billows, my name is DeadIySin. My Inductor ID is 3670062X033805043008574Z3f4d22
  • KyubiiSonia - Dreamweaver
    KyubiiSonia - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I created a new character on a different server for 2 reasons.
    1. To play with family there.
    2. Because I haven't played in over 2 years and forgot a lot of how to play :B
    So I guess technically I'm a beginner XD
  • lovelyitachi
    lovelyitachi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am just started, waiting for download to finish :)
  • Floralla - Sanctuary
    Floralla - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not a beginner, but I just have returned to the game after... uh, a few years (I left shortly after the update with the Earthguards)?

I'm on the Sanctuary server and I'll be on my Seeker Floralla or my Cleric Kamenai is anyone would need some help or just some company. c:
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i iz sad... this is all about the sanc server with new people and lower people.. god my server is full of hateful 104/105 catshoppers D: b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Completed - Archosaur
    Completed - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm always seeing low levels that ask for help. b:cute