Enough With The Hypocrisy And Just Be Glad It Happened.

korn25
korn25 Posts: 37 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
PWI has has been through a lot of changes since the day it was created. Undeniably, these transitions brought out a lot of diverse reactions- anger, criticisms- to name a few. These changes are geared toward the betterment of the game. We all had our shares of those sentiments, if you dont have yours, then you must be a liar.. b:laugh

Everybody has a feedback on every new patch created, they maybe constructive or destructive. The forums are full of endless complaints and everybody seems to have it's own opinion... but at the end of the day, they still continue to play. b:laugh

I've read a lot of players leaving the game for various reasons but most commonly, it's because they dont like the game. Seriously? Leaving the game because you dont like it? You must be all kidding me, no one leaves the game because it isnt fun anymore. b:laugh

Anyway, to wrap it all up, perfect world international had been a part of our lives. Stop the ragin', stop the cryin' because all those new patches, new developments are not for those who created them, it's for us, the players. So instead of nagging, why dont we say "kudos" to everybody behind this amazing game? b:victory

Thanks a lot to the GM's and PWI staff!b:thanks
Post edited by korn25 on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    someone drunk too much afterglow....
    I've read a lot of players leaving the game for various reasons but most commonly, it's because they dont like the game. Seriously? Leaving the game because you dont like it? You must be all kidding me, no one leaves the game because it isnt fun anymore.

I assume that you imply that they lied that they left the game because they don't like it otherwise your post doesn't make sense.

not that the rest make sense anyway.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    idc if i don't make any sense b:laugh .Im here to thanks the PWI staff of the job they have done.
    And definitely you're one of those whom i was talking about b:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some of us complain because we actually love the game and hate how it's been mismanaged. Sure some complaints are baseless and have no merit, but others are actual legitimate problems which could (and indeed have started to) kill the game if not addressed. You can't reduce a whole community full of issues to a simple black-and-white "love it or leave it" scenario.

Nobody's going to blame you if you can't be bothered to read and understand the issues, but then don't talk about them yourself as if you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited July 2013
    actually I quite enjoy the updates but only after judging them; assuming that everything is perfect is equally wrong with what the QQers you are accusing do.
    You can't reduce a whole community full of issues to a simple black-and-white "love it or leave it" scenario.

actually I think he's more like "love it or love it":
    no one leaves the game because it isnt fun anymore.
    Anyway, to wrap it all up, perfect world international had been a part of our lives. Stop the ragin', stop the cryin'

b:chuckle
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    You guys just don't get it, do you? b:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    korn25 wrote: »
    You guys just don't get it, do you? b:laugh
    Well, clearly we don't have as cool a tinfoil hat as you do.

Clearly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only thing I get from this thread is that OP had one glass too much. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game had a lot of promise, but then again so did the Spruce Goose.

Personally I play it because I enjoy MMOs, and have for many years, but once a different game comes out that I enjoy, that isn't associated with anything under the PWI umbrella, then I will move on. As it is, right now, I just create alts, and quest until level 100 or so, then make another one. I don't care about ever reaching endgame, or care about being a "pro" button pushing WC idiot. I just meandering around doing my thing. As I stated though, I won't ever play another PWI game again. It's more about greed and less about enjoyment. Just look at all the bugs in the game that have been left broken for ages.

I go to the doctor and thank him because he didn't find anything wrong after a colonoscopy, not because my a$$ has been violated
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game, changes and all, work well for those willing to put forth the time and effort while taking advantage of everything it offers the players and fails when players do not put forth the time and effort while taking advantage of everything it offers.

Almost all the QQ regarding the new instances are those who aren't willing to invest in their toon's gear, skills, and take the time to learn strategies and techniques to succeed. I ROTFL when I tell them I can run SoT and Aba fine with my g16 gears and my maxed out veno skills only to have them come back and demand I do it with TT90 green gears or TT99 +2 refined. Wtf???

Gear up, level up, go with the flow or get left behind in the dust.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited July 2013
    The game, changes and all, work well for those willing to put forth the time and effort while taking advantage of everything it offers the players and fails when players do not put forth the time and effort while taking advantage of everything it offers.

Almost all the QQ regarding the new instances are those who aren't willing to invest in their toon's gear, skills, and take the time to learn strategies and techniques to succeed. I ROTFL when I tell them I can run SoT and Aba fine with my g16 gears and my maxed out veno skills only to have them come back and demand I do it with TT90 green gears or TT99 +2 refined. Wtf???

Gear up, level up, go with the flow or get left behind in the dust.

even more funny that the argument is that they need it for culti; if you don't have the gear to run it, that's your problem, not missing a bunch of skills that can cost a ton to learn in the first place.
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    Mr.potatohead you QQ a lot and yet you still play b:laugh
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My main issue with many of the changes is that they're very poorly implemented and do not mesh well with the original style/story/progression of PWI.

TB/EG areas/races clash HORRIBLY with the previous ascetic look of pwi.

Or they're just really badly made, invisible walls in SoT are particularly bad.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    My main issue with many of the changes is that they're very poorly implemented and do not mesh well with the original style/story/progression of PWI.

TB/EG areas/races clash HORRIBLY with the previous ascetic look of pwi.
    Interestingly enough, the majority of the data for those classes was already in the client from the original developers before Wanmei purchased the game. (Back in 2008 when we first started playing here, a lot of the stuff was already there in the server files.)

The biggest issue was that it was never completed. The original developers had visions of a land vast enough to support 4 more cities similar to Archosaur and a map almost 6 times larger than the current one. They just never got the chance to finish the game before it was released.

Morai content, and some of the other newer things, are just imported into PWI from other PWE games that run on the Angelia engine, which explains why they don't mesh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interestingly enough, the majority of the data for those classes was already in the client from the original developers before Wanmei purchased the game. (Back in 2008 when we first started playing here, a lot of the stuff was already there in the server files.)

The biggest issue was that it was never completed. The original developers had visions of a land vast enough to support 4 more cities similar to Archosaur and a map almost 6 times larger than the current one. They just never got the chance to finish the game before it was released.

Morai content, and some of the other newer things, are just imported into PWI from other PWE games that run on the Angelia engine, which explains why they don't mesh well.

Hell if I care about that, they just look terrible.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only thing that disappoints me about this game now is the lack of involvement between GM's and players.
    When the game was new, GM's would regularly host events for all players to participate in. Now we are lucky to see any involvement at all.

The updates don't worry me. Gear wise, it's always been the same, people that spend irl money get raged at by people that don't, getting called no lifed or whatever. All of the gear is farmable, however it will definitely take a lot of time where someone that spends cash can have it in no time at all.

In my opinion, the Tideborn and Earthguard zones are great, something different from the original pwi zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    The only thing that disappoints me about this game now is the lack of involvement between GM's and players.
    When the game was new, GM's would regularly host events for all players to participate in. Now we are lucky to see any involvement at all.
    Agreed. When PWE first released this game, they only had a couple of titles published, there were only 30-40,000 players in PWEI, and there were about 12 people on the support team to help out. They had more free time, and their presence was a wonderful addition to the in-game experience.

Now, PWE is hosting 14 titles, each with many thousands of users more than PWI had back in the day when GM's were actually spotted on a regular basis. Yet for some reason, PWE has only seen fit to marginally increase the support staff to about double of what it was back in the day.

Initially, double the staff seems like quite an improvement, right up until you compare the numbers...
    12 GM's ~ 2 games ~ 75,000 users to support
    25 GM's ~ 14 games ~ 12,000,000 users to support.

Yeah, it doesn't pan out very well. Personally, if PWE just invested in increasing the support staff to 50, customers would be a lot happier. Unfortunately, that means shelling out double the money in salaries, desks, and equipment, and I don't see any company doing that today, even though they are making money hand over fist and wouldn't have any trouble at all supporting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    SylenThunder, your subtitle suits you perfectly b:cool
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    It is rare to se GM's nowadays but the game still rocks b:victory
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I remember someone who was an abhorrent troll with an extremely similar username who plagued the forums when I was a moderator...

Could be coincidence, though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    I remember someone who was an abhorrent troll with an extremely similar username who plagued the forums when I was a moderator...

Could be coincidence, though...

Really and you think it was me?b:chuckle i wish was it was meb:pleased

And thus my post look troll to you? well, i cant stop what you thinking.. feel free to judge me man.b:pleased I'm just here to appreciate what the PWI staff is doin.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some of us complain because we actually love the game and hate how it's been mismanaged. Sure some complaints are baseless and have no merit, but others are actual legitimate problems which could (and indeed have started to) kill the game if not addressed. You can't reduce a whole community full of issues to a simple black-and-white "love it or leave it" scenario.

I completely agree. Unrelated: Nice to see you around here still.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the error stuck fix b:victory whoever fix itb:pleased b:thanks
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game is like a zombie. Legit players who don't spend massive $ in massive pack opening via autoit/autohotkey+mutiboxing are long time gone. The players who spent real money here are captive like slaves because if they leave then they will lose all the money spent here.

That's pretty sad.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes its very sad.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game is like a zombie. Legit players who don't spend massive $ in massive pack opening via autoit/autohotkey+mutiboxing are long time gone. The players who spent real money here are captive like slaves because if they leave then they will lose all the money spent here.

That's pretty sad.

Project much?

Plenty of us have been around for years and still enjoy the game. I don't get why bitter hangers-on hate the fact that we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    korn25 wrote: »
    I've read a lot of players leaving the game for various reasons but most commonly, it's because they dont like the game. Seriously? Leaving the game because you dont like it? You must be all kidding me, no one leaves the game because it isnt fun anymore. b:laugh

I know so many ppl who left game because it became boring for them or even because they started not to like it o.o

ppl start to play games to have fun..and if it isnt fun after a while anymore..of course they quit..whats the point of playing? f:stare
    if u have no fun- u get bored...if u get bored u slowly start not to like the game and u quit
    of course most reason for not liking game is about what GM change and so on

so yah mostly every1 leaves the game if they dont like it
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That's pretty sad.

Not at all. I've spent about $35 a week approximately since march 2010. That includes the 3x a year mass splurges for my bdays, tax returns and the xmas holiday seasons. I am still here, but not at all because I spent so much that I need to stay. There is no other game that has character customization, PvE, PK, Mass TW-style Events and Mass NW-style Events. Basicly, this game has great potential.

Unfortunately, PWE chooses to keep the power leveling aspect to the game, thus killing any chance for new characters to be able to find squads at level without spending hours trying to do so on many occasions. That is the case on raising alts, let alone the impact that has to any possible new customers they might be able to keep when they see a dead game in this respect. But yes GREAT JOB PWE! ... if killing the game is what you meant by them doing a great job.

PWE makes changes that only suits their own lofty income, while disregarding their people. I mean its wonderful they added the jolly jones quests and all, but the piddly amount of coin those amount to dont really cover the loss of all levels of DQ items' coin values until you reach 81... Level 81 b:shocked I mean really? Was that not the way the older players were actually able to know they can gain Xps... AND coin (and that still did not cover all of the costs)... but nope, PWE decided that you can farm Xps... OR coin... with the exception of running quests of course (which really gave back to the players... b:chuckle), but we used to be able to run quests AND have the type of results you can expect in ANY other mmo that I am aware of that I have played since 1996. But yes GREAT JOB PWE! ... if killing the game is what you meant by them doing a great job.

PWE, no matter how much people have outright spoken about how ridiculous each new R$ Godmode gear set is in power over all other possible combinations... Continues to disregard this ridiculousness with each new R$ Godmode set they introduce. Take R9rr / R9.3 as being the latest R$ Godmode gear. It literally rolls over all other sets or combinations of gear possible as played by most players. Subtlety is not something PWE does, at all...

So all a player needs is that $ to obtain it... and not even close to being a reasonable amount of $. Consider this... $1500 for just the 300k reputation, the R9 ring, wrist, belt, chest, legs, feet and weapon. No neck, cloak, tome, second ring, helm, refines, shards, engravings... oh yeah, and no supplies such as charms (hp, mp, pdef, ele resist), no apothecarial supplies, no pots, no fash, no mounts, no aerogears... add all that stuff in there, and the supplies themselves as a constant $ fee... or farm the coin for hours on end, and tell me sitting for literally a minute in between every 5 kills while meditating (IF you have all mp recovery gears and dont need to worry about hps at all). I was literally staring at my toon meditating back around my level 70's more than killing anything.

Meanwhile, you can play other mmo's for $30 a month at top costs to the player and enjoy their games. The downtimes arent ridiculous, the costs are actually covered by grinding, and holy b:fatb even profitable on most occasions. The top gears are better than the gears below them, but usually have multiple options to suit what the player wants for their class as far as gear in order to meet their intended playstyle. Having the top gear does not equal roll all other gears below that. On PWI, R9rr / R9.3 does equal "look at me, I can roll over R9r / R9.2... I can roll over R9 / R9.1... I can roll over T3 Nirvy... and not just 1v1... 1 R9rr verses a Squad of those others on most occasions... and R10 if and likely when it does come out, will be able to do the same to R9rr / R9.3 as R9rr / R9.3 does to all other gear sets. And it will likely be at an even more ridiculous price. But yes GREAT JOB PWE! ... if killing the game is what you meant by them doing a great job.

PWE had a great thing with Nation Wars. The majority of people loved the last map size... it truly was perfect. And then they introduced the new battlefields, which added variety and was great... except that they also added the Server VS Server overall map with a bazillion territories... but not Server VS Server. Hell, as far as we the players have heard, Server VS server can not be implemented on our version. Then why the b:infuriated did you implement that map... So one of the very few events which was drawing people to stay and play... which killed many other instances to begin with... has now been mangled as well. But yes GREAT JOB PWE! ... if killing the game is what you meant by them doing a great job.

If ignorance is bliss... you and your +1's OP, are the light keeping Nirvana alive b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • korn25
    edited July 2013
    Project much?

Plenty of us have been around for years and still enjoy the game. I don't get why bitter hangers-on hate the fact that we do.

I definitely agree with you. Lot's of QQ why just not enjoy the game.b:victory