Options
2»

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Again, as I said before:

Really, I guess it's more accurate to just say all games get stale after a while. It's just in our nature to eventually get tired of things after you do them so many times. Maybe you just need a change of pace?

I'm aware that things get stale. Of course I can't very well talk about other games, as that would be breaking ToS and you know me. I always follow the rules as I am a respectable member of the community.

I'm just oh so curious as to whether or not anyone else feels something similar or if they're still die hard fans of what this game has become.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If I didn't have alts this game would be boring as hell..but now its just repeat power bhing,dont have time for morai,missive,aeu,any other event..blah blah..just farming bh for 2mill cards/5mill cards..maybe selling junk in store or experimenting with other **** to sell,working towards the next toons s3 weapon/armor..blah blah.

Game in fact is just a habit now.Though I never have time to afk..I do understand what the OP is stating.i do as well long for the days of when I started in sept 08 as a lone wiz doing quest,farming herb,mats..etc,helping others,having epic times in squads for round the clock FB's etc.But as a community we let what was placed before us happen for the sake of lvl.

"Ill take wisdom over youth anyday."~~~brad pitt
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm full r9r2 +10 with +11 daggers with a 2b+ merchanting setup going on, and I still play this game for genuine fun. I don't endlessly farm during x2. Instead I just go around and do what I think would be fun, and enjoy myself.

You're only limited by your motivation.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Consequences of using credit card instead of skill
    Lolwhat?
    You must be new here.
    He farmed all his R9, it made me dizzy sometimes the amount of TT he did @_@;

also +1 Skai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Lolwhat?
    You must be new here.
    He farmed all his R9, it made me dizzy sometimes the amount of TT he did @_@;

also +1 Skai

Why does everyone have that reaction? b:sad Don't be dizzy, be.. I don't know. Insert comment of adorable cuteness here?

Motivation is for people who still have fun on this game. Community 2bad no can do isorry
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You are the best.

i know right :) thank you <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Here I sit with fully recasted Rank 9, sitting against a hut in Dreaming Cloud. I'm Zanryu, I'm a Blademaster of Morai server, and I find myself extremely bored. Once I was deeply involved with the world around me, helping defeat evil wraiths and restoring order to the Perfect World. Now, I'm just a person playing around in a virtual world with many things I need to get done, yet nothing to do all at the same time.

As I sit around wondering what I would like to do I notice the unmistakable circle of light indicating a player has logged in. Judging from his daggers and armor it's a level 60ish Assassin, and *** soon as he's on he's off to go do quests or hang out with friends or just explore the world around him. As I watch him run off I experience an unfamiliar feeling. Not anger, not sadness, but jealousy.

Here I am, in full third cast with decent refines bored to tears while this little level 60 Assassin runs around and genuinely enjoys the game he's playing. He doesn't have amazing gear, he's not well known, he's just some guy running around doing what he likes and it reminds me that for the longest time I haven't gotten to do that. For so long this game has been nothing but a grind for the best gear, an endless treadmill that I have to run to compete with cash shoppers and merchants in a race that I'll never win through farming alone.

This Assassin drives that home for me, his innocence regarding the game and how it truly his, his ability to truly enjoy himself which is something that has been lost on myself and many other players that have been around for a while, makes me realize that this game which used to be so glorious and magnificent, filled with wonder and excitement, is now nothing more than a mere shell of its former self through a combination of greed and selfishness from both the playerbase and the company that runs the game.

I long for those innocent days where even though I didn't have the best gear or the most money I could truly enjoy the in game content. I long for the days where I could do some random thing and come out of it a little happier and with my friends list a little fuller. But those days are gone, and I don't think they'll ever return. A sense of loss now replaces the jealousy I felt as I sit here by this little hut, wondering what I should do today.

So! Let us see what becomes of my little story thread. Shall it be locked? Depth'd? Will people reply? Will I be trolled. Whatever the reaction, I'm curious. Has anyone else been in this situation?

the best "at level-At gear" content in game goes from 59-89 >_<

That said even BH 89 is dead (anything lower died out long ago) and when I move my alts into nub factions...its still just level 100's and like...4 moochers.

Only upside is there's nobody to KS my new alt...in broken bow bluff...

b:sad
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Lyrynx - Momaganon Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i know what ur saying, sometimes i have felt the same, have a break from game or play my alt for few days n back to my main...i still have alot to achieve and learn, i always wanted to go slow n see the scenic route and i did. was lucky enough to sometimes be able to CS but mostly farmed, recently tryin to become a competant merchant and improve my pvp

but it's my hardcore group of friends that i have made here that keep me here, talkin on ts everynight about random ****, puttin world to rights n general meyhem.

i have seen many pro geared people complain of boredom and it's such a shame this is a great game still, but sometimes ya just gotta let the elastic band stretch fully before it pulls u back in.

best advice i can think of is try something new and if u cant try something new ingame take a break.

maybe u could 'sponsor' a low lvl main that just started, or try make a play with your mates n toons n video it..just 2 ideas i had b:surrender
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can't really empathize, because I haven't felt that way yet. It's natural for these things to happen though, I understand that. A lot of my friends over the years have moved on to other things, and that's fine too.

If I did though, I would just move on to the next thing, whatever that would be, and enjoy my PWI memories like I enjoy the memories from the MMO I played before PWI.

If people are bored, but still want to play, help others. Use your OPness in 1 altruistic way every day you log on. It's good karma points, and can make someone's day while doing it, so win-win :3
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    b:bye Zan no CS he shiez, i think most people on the server payed for him to 69 them. b:chuckle

Most fun i had in pwi was though the first 6 months of leveling from 1-90~ with my fluffy and elfy friends!

*see's pole for the first time*
    Me: I heard this boss was hard
    Fluffy: me too
    Fluffy: know how to beat him?
    Me: nope.... *looks over at fluffy* We are very very dead arent we?
    Fluffy: *long silence* Yes :D

Nothing quite like fighting a boss for the first time in pwi, not knowing how the squad wipe is going to happen but knowing its inevitable. Then spamming the boss till we got it right and killing it! Learning all of the game dynamics as well as your class at the same time is an experience : P
    Making an alt is fun but the only new thing to learn is the class.
    Not that high level stuff isn’t fun, it is

Sorry to hear you are feeling blue zan maybe take a break and come back in a month or two. Too much of anything is a bad thing! Cept chocolate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If people are bored, but still want to play, help others. Use your OPness in 1 altruistic way every day you log on. It's good karma points, and can make someone's day while doing it, so win-win :3

Very true. Can make new friends too, that way.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The young soldier sits in the trench, dreaming of when he can be like the old warriors he has seen sitting in the tavern in town, laughing and drinking while singing battle songs to encourage the young warriors who pass through on their way to the front.
    Then he realizes, he loves battle and would rather die fighting than retire, so instead he dreams of finishing this war and moving on to the next country/town and battle.

Has anyone else been there Yes.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle