Why do you love your veno? xoxo

CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
Reasons why you love your venomancer!

1. Mass debuffs - myriad rainbow, solo debuff - ironwood, amp.

2. I like the low pot/repair cost because of availability of pet. Also, soul transfusion + nature's grace/metabolic boost is so incredibly awesome.

3. I like the safety of being able to solo pretty much anything, and now with pet evolution, TT squad mode has became soloable with a Celestial Giant!

4. Legendary pets are finally legendary once again!

5. (Don't have it yet) but 100 fox form is gorgeous!

6. Demon fox form is <3<3

What about you?
I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
Post edited by CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Under 1) you could add sage purge and demon parasitic nova as mass debuffs, and demon venomous scarab and myriad rainbow (myriad rainbow (foxform) is the mass debuff) as solo debuffs.

7. Sage spirit foxform (35 chi per use)

8. Sage summer sprint (for the purify)

9. Natural synergy + feral concentration. What's not to love about 10 seconds of immunity?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fluffy fox tail, small face in character icon

/thread
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pet bag is like a Swiss army knife with customizable and interchangeable blades.

-We now have more skills than any other class.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hah, I was thinking of making a thread like this last night when I went to bed but I totally forgot about it in the morning. I can't believe someone actually thought of the same thing!

What I love about my Venomancer?

1. The fluffy tail of course! Also the fact that there was a fox preset because fox is my favourite animal. Generally I like the animations of this class, the aesthetics of it, the ability to become an actual fox etc.

2. Curses. I really love debuffing things, it's totally my style of playing in both PvE and PvP scenarios. It also enables me to play support without actually having to be a healer. I do like healer classes (I have a Cleric) but most of all I like debuffing and trolling the enemy.
    There's nothing more fulfilling than purging/debuffing a target and see your squad mates rip through the enemy like they are nothing.

3. Pets. I'm a big pokemon fan and I used to be pretty hardcore back in the days. I still play pokemon but not as much as I used to. With that said, the fact that Venomancers can use pets is a huge bonus for me. A lot of pets to choose from and now we can customize them too!

4. Demon. There are a lot of Demon skills I love but I won't go into detail.
    Although I really do like Sage too. I honestly like both cultivations and I have played both a Demon and a Sage Venomancer to their fullest potential (all Demon skills and all Sage skills). Personally I prefer Demon for reasons.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Hah, I was thinking of making a thread like this last night when I went to bed but I totally forgot about it in the morning. I can't believe someone actually thought of the same thing!

3. Pets. I'm a big pokemon fan and I used to be pretty hardcore back in the days. I still play pokemon but not as much as I used to. With that said, the fact that Venomancers can use pets is a huge bonus for me. A lot of pets to choose from and now we can customize them too!

4. Demon. There are a lot of Demon skills I love but I won't go into detail.
    Although I really do like Sage too. I honestly like both cultivations and I have played both a Demon and a Sage Venomancer to their fullest potential (all Demon skills and all Sage skills). Personally I prefer Demon for reasons.

Another Pokemon fan! And yes, I randomly thought of making this thread when I was going to bed too, lol.

Yes, I must say +1 to the pets thing.

Another thing I must add is.

1. Harpy. I'm so glad that we have a pet that is ranged AND has a spammable AOE, AND has a stun. It's just so incredible. I mean we have AOEs, but it's different when your pets have a spammable one, from a range of 27 metres, that affects enemies in a range of 10m. That's crazy powerful. Loving my harpy.

Thank you Desdi, for your input on the other forum post about sage vs demon. Your post was all I needed to decide that I wanna be demon. I'm loving the fact that summer sprint gives immunity to debuffs, fox form has incredible speed buff, nova has AOE HF (whooo!), amp is way longer, etc, etc.

Wonderful!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cause I don't need to heal people. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cause I don't need to heal people. xD

-We have a winner!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Christona - Raging Tide
    Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having a cleric as a main i love that my veno be a lone ranger with faithful herc by her side.
    1. My cub...
    2. Bramble xD
    3. Purdging ppl!
    4. My sage aoe purge! Hahaha
  • HexiKiss - Harshlands
    HexiKiss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hrm...I'd have to say I love being a veno (albeit low lvl still haven't stated yet) because we're such a diverse class unlike the other magic classes we can wear any type of armor hell even mix and match an still kick some serious ***. We don't need heals to back us up! We've got metabolic boost and soul transfusion for that! But my biggest stint is the flexibility you wanna go around devouring other AA classes then throw on some HA/HA-AA/LA gear jump in fox form an have at them. You want to be more flexible and use both human an fox throw on some LA/LA-AA and go Ham! Or you just whatca to attempt to nuke everything go pure magic and let everyone fear your purge/amp and powerful wood spells xD you are a wood mage!
    And then there's the pets. What other class game in this day an age has a class dedicated strictly to pet use??? Having a companion to run around and devour or blast people with is amazing and great for the lovely people it's like playing two characters at once(especially when you rage at them for running through a group of agrro mobs x9). There's so much more room for venos to grow and I can't wait to see what perfect world has planned. I'm sure at some point the other pets will be pulled into the system and AoE pet skills will become available to every pet not just the harpy! VENOS UNITE!!!!
    (Oh an add here everything that's been said so far :). And not to hijack the thread in anyway but I need some help figuring out a damn build for my veno xD so many to choose from!)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bat ears and sexy tail, instant turn on. b:dirty
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    General reasons:

-Fluffy tail.
    -Four ears XD.
    -Best PvE solo grinder at the time I started PWI.
    -Only class with a combat pet at the time I started PWI. (Our pet system is way better than Mystics anyway, even before this expansion. We actually raise and care for our pets. When I was a Mystic the pet was an expendable tool I just recasted as I pleased...)

I've only really a Mystic to compare with for PvP situations but I elected the Veno as my main so here are some things that really stood out to me when I made that choice:

-By having summer spring on constantly, venos are one of the fastest natural runners in all situations.
    -Bramble gives a fair natural defense against pesky sins even if they start with a stun. With good survivability it is common enough to kill the sin with bramble alone and no action on the veno's part.
    -Fairly versatile survival skills. Between Feral Concentration, Bramble Hood, Blazing Barrier, Soul Transfusion, and Metabolic Boost plus all the normal genie and apothecary stuff, venos can be a real bi.tch to take down. (Feral is honestly the best, no other class has such a long immunity skill) And fox for natural Pdef. Add a purify weapon just cause...they're all the rage now.
    -Decent control skills. Lucky Scarab, Parasitic Nova, Bewitch, Pet's Pounce, and don't neglect Stunning Blow, we're capable to lock down opponents pretty decently (And I haven't even got a Monkey King yet). There's an entirely different ball-game in Chi-depletion, but we're probably the best class to do this and it is another sort of control skill.
    -Nasty debuffs. Aside from the arsenal of fox form curses and a reliable but sadly predictable purge, I'm finding Myriad Rainbow to be a very dangerous debuff that allows me a chance to kill any class.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Yes, yes! More fluffy tails!
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, ive played veno like 3 yrs. Still my main and always will be.

Love being Demon. Love being wanted. i remember a time when people didn't want a veno to fc with. Had a walker during that time. times have changed though.

Can solo alot and not much repair cost. I love the pets evolved have 3 of them done and herc is still my fav.

b:victory
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Pantherlilie - Archosaur
    Pantherlilie - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Her build. Pure HA and her def is massive, it puts most any melee class to shame at my level. At 87 I have 10556 p.def in fox mode.
    2. Pets. Simple as that. While I don't need a pet, I do quite love using them when I am feeling bored or lazy. And I'd never give up my glacial walker giggles b:chuckle
    3. Debuffs. I honestly love most of the curses we get, they make things so easy even if my damage isnt all that high.
    4. Summer Sprint
    5. Fluffy ****in tails.
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oooohhhh~ *-*

I love my Demon Veno because...

1. Skills - Purge, Amp, Summer Sprint, Bramble, Blazing Barrier, B.Hood, Self-heals, Natural Synergy+Feral Spirit Combo, Lucky, Myriad, Demon Nova!! I love sitting in nw and watching aps melee classes run up to me like fools and kill themselves off of demon bramble. My squad mates love it too ;o Dat demon Nova~! I got it on my first try opening a cube book skill, and I have fallen in love with it since.

2. Pets - I've gone through many pets, and still have quite a few in my bank as eggs. Now I only really use my Nix (Yveltal), Dino (Zekrom), Herc (Hariyama), and Kowlin (Toxic). They all are special in their own way, Nix to take care of players, Dino to take care of other pets/summons, Herc to tank instances for me, and Kowlin just to look badass. Currently working on leveling her to evolve her.

3. Being Tanky - A lot of people consider me tanky, and I would like to agree. I only have NV3 right now, but it's all +10 with pdef shards. Full buffed I have 20k pdef in fox form and 14k hp. I love it so much~

4. My Damage - I consider my damage to be good, and it must be good to steal aggro from bosses from the tank classes ;o

5. Demon/Bat features~! I don't consider myself a 'bat-Veno', I prefer to be called a dragon or demon Veno, just because of the fact that bats don't have their wings on their heads, and they don't have tails. But I love this look on a Veno. I only changed it to kitty once, and I felt like it was giving me bad luck.

I have yet to get my 100 skills, but from what I see when people use them, I want them~ I've been a Veno for almost 4 years now, tried to make new characters, but never got into them like a my Veno. People tell me Veno is the most confusing class, but I find it so easy. I made a new Veno to try out Sage, but she will be perma lvl 89 for a while.

Also,

Dat Sass~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like every aspect about venos, but the most important, and the original reason is for the fox tail and ears.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013

1. Skills - Purge, Amp, Summer Sprint, Bramble, Blazing Barrier, B.Hood, Self-heals, Natural Synergy+Feral Spirit Combo, Lucky, Myriad, Demon Nova!! I love sitting in nw and watching aps melee classes run up to me like fools and kill themselves off of demon bramble. My squad mates love it too ;o Dat demon Nova~! I got it on my first try opening a cube book skill, and I have fallen in love with it since.

Curious question though. Does demon purge become a downfall in TW/NW since it's not an AOE?
  • revkhawlah
    revkhawlah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have not been turned down by any squad yet as a veno unless the squad leader says full or we have another veno already b:victory

On my bm it gets a bit hard cause they always ask for dhf, aps and link wep.

Retired my barb cause most players in RT are utter idiots.

Let's not get started on how unwanted mysts are in my RT in general outside of new BH Aba.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Curious question though. Does demon purge become a downfall in TW/NW since it's not an AOE?

Not really, both Sage and Demon are nice but they have different advantages.

Sage is nice for the AOE when you run in catapult Barbarians and there are people around the Barbarian or when a BM Roars and stuns a group of players.

On the other hand, the shorter cooldown on Demon Purge allows you to purge more often and it's useful when people are spread out. See my TW video from this weekend where I get to purge the Cleric multiple times after around 3:30minutes.