NEW SOT guide

Options
HrunsPanda - Archosaur
HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
I couldnt find much, so i guess ill get a thread started. Please let this be only about how to beat the instance and not about if it is too hard or not. Its not much yet as i dont even remember the names of many bosses i fought, but Ill share what i learned up till now, hopefull others can add to it. Ill update first post or someone compiles a new guide. whatever, just bring in the information :)

Each area has 2 small bosses and 1 big one. Return to town really is return to town. Since you can have 10 people in squad, if you have no mystic, you may prefer to keep 1 extra cleric out of battle to come and res after squad wipes. Someone can easilly dual client this cleric.

Hell Trap

Moving around:
In this erea there are devices that shoot balls. The white balls stun, the red balls deal damage, the purple balls teleport you to the start of the instance. The balls can be killed by ranged characters. The ball producing device can also be killed by mellee if they attack from the other direction than it is shooting.

The devices each have a group of mobs just behind them. Kill the balls to safely move in the whole squad. Barb runs into the mobs and invokes, the rest follows and deals with the mobs. Then destroy the Ball cannon. Repeat and go to bosses.

**Rancid Venerator**

**Boozy Instructor**

**Trap Master Fierce**

Bloody Courtyard

Moving Around:
In this area there are 2 triangles with dogs walking circles. Walk around in the same direction. Stay close behind one so the next dog wont catch up with you. At the corners you find a few mobs, they are easy taken care off. Make sure to move before the next dog comes regardless if the mobs are dead or not. While following the slow dogs you can pick some crystals and flowers. They respawn fast so you can get as many as you want. The crystals are like an IG or invoke without the cooldown. If you have enough of them, you could live forever. The flowers are used on the adds that come with the Queen of Agony, they do the oposite and remove the invoke effect from these mobs so that you can kill them. You can bring the crystals to the last section and use them in your fight against Hellfire Abomination as well.

**Purgatory Demon - Surya**

Infernal Spikewing

Spikewing can teleport you into a little room behind him, but you can just walk out of it.

Queen of Agony, Xipher.
Use the flowers on the adds she spawns to make them killable.
She uses a strong attack, use the crystals when you get the warning, or at any time you feel you need a free invoke :)

Nightmare Gate

Not much special in the mob part of this area. There are passive towers, and killing them weakens hellfire abomination. Mobs and towers have some imunities but that shouldnt be a problem unless your whole squad is the same class.

**Lord of Captivation**

**Torturess Venerator**

Hellfire Abomination
Has a very strong AOE. BB must be up at all times. 3 clerics is a good idea. Squichies cannot aproach boss before BB is up. So setup BB away from the boss and let the barb invoke and take agro and then pull the boss in range. Next cleric must be ready to BB if the first BB goes down. And then the third. Clerics who are not BBing can do aditional heals / rezzing as long as they know who is ready to take over BB.

He spawns adds that are kind of unkillable and low HP energy stars. Killing the energy star is needed to create a trap. This trap is a green circle and if you pull an add in there, it will get damaged. If it doesnt die there, you may need to pull the mob to the next trap when one is available. More than 1 add will spawn but multiple adds can be in 1 trap. One tanky person should have the job to keep control of this.
Post edited by HrunsPanda - Archosaur on

Comments

• Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    For hell trap, red balls deal fixed damage, whites stun, yellows slow and wood DoT and purples teleport to start. Extra bosses are rancid venerator and boozy instructor tho their info as I've written it is a bit longer but I'll post it if you want it. Trap master fierce is the boss and you don't have to kill the others to kill it. All depends on DD output since the longer the fight lasts the more balls will spawn.

For bloody courtyard, flowers are used to remove invoke effect on queen's mobs to kill them faster (if low DD squad they're gonna be annoying with more spawned at once), crystals work on ANYTHING in SoT so if your squad can't tank hellfire use those. Extra bosses would be Purgatory Demon - Surya and Spikewing as you mentioned. Room behind spikewing is a room he teleports players in altho you can easily run out of it (flower only casts slow) and guardian is there because you killed Voidweaver, not related to the boss tho killing it spawns another boss in Xipher's area, that one's still unchanged. Xipher's strong atk can be countered easily as it pops up on your screen when you have to use the crystal and you can pretty much see her do the atk animation too (looks like some barrage of attacks) for full name its Queen of Agony, Xipher.

For nightmare gate, mobs on ways to towers are usually each immune to 1 element towers are immune to. Extra bosses are Lord of Captivation and Torturess Venerator. Add info is as you said though when we ran it 1 trap per add worked out but that may be due to our fast killing speed.

That's most of the info you needed I think, I could take out some more off mine but I don't think you asked for walls of text :).
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanx. Feel free to post more :)

So killing voidweaver causes this defender to come up. Does it always come up in the same place ?
    And then killing the defender creates another boss, what is this guy good for ?
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It's the exact same as it was in old SoT, some trigger boss I guess. Not rly needed for stuff just there to be.. there xD and yeah guardian is always in that spot.

I'll quote myself on some bosses info if you wish to add it then.
    Lord of Captivation: Can be found at Torturess Venerator's old spot, the southwestern corner of the map (Common Boss icon). The old BH SoT boss, currently still required for the quest. Hasn't been changed much from the old one with the exception of having more HP than before. Selfbuffs with Fortification Draught effect (reduces damage taken from melee hits), uses an aoe stun, casts an overtime heal on itself and uses bleed DoT on the tank (every 30 seconds) with instant damage based on maximum HP and DoT bleed ticks. Also drops the new Spirit of Defense and Spirit of Assault potions.

Torturess Venerator: Can be found at one of the guard mobs' old spot (guard that was previously required to open a door leading to Torturess Venerator's old spot), the eastern Common Boss icon in the Nightmare Gate area. One of the bosses required for FB SoT. Selfbuffs with quicken (increase attack rate) on aggro. Will cast a self heal when a pop up appears on the screen which should be interrupted.

Rancid Venerator: Can be found at Voidweaver's old spot, the northeastern Common Boss icon in Hell Trap. Can easily reach its room by taking a right turn after passing the 4th path (ending with Mechanic Herb mob). One of the bosses required for FB SoT. Debuffs fire defense, uses 2 damaging aoes and an aoe stun. Tank at close range to avoid extreme aoe spam.

Boozy Instructor: Can be found at one of the guard mob's old spot (guard that was previously required to open door leading to 5th path), the northwestern Common Boss icon in Hell Trap. Can easily reach its room by taking a left turn after passing the 4th path (ending with Mechanic Herb mob). One of the newly added bosses, though not required for completing the instance. Casts a random stun on one squadmember and an aoe amp. Drops the new Spirit of Defense and Spirit of Assault potions.

Infernal Spikewing: Can be found at Rancid Venerator's old spot, the western path and Common Boss icon after the second triangle-shaped path in Bloody Courtyard. One of the bosses required for FB SoT. Debuffs fire defense, will buff itself with increased pdef and mdef and use a damaging aoe. Teleports a random squad member into a room with an immune to damage flower that casts a slow debuff on the people in the room, though the member can easily run outside of the room and back to the boss. Also turns a random squadmember into a little child for a small amount of time.

Purgatory Demon - Surya: Can be found at Infernal Spikewing's old spot, near the Summonbot; the northwestern Common Boss icon in Bloody Courtyard. Can easily reach its room by going west through the first triangle-shaped path. One of the newly added bosses, though not required for completing the instance. Does a damaging aoe, casts an earth DoT along with a Telekinesis spell on anyone except the tank, earth DoT ticks for very high damage and Telekinesis ticks for extremely insane damage (will surely oneshot unless puri'd /sparked off), spikes close to double damage and shouts for a powerful attack. Drops the new Spirit of Defense and Spirit of Assault potions.

Some info on extra bosses for ya. Feel free to change the wording since it's taken from my own guide xD. Also mind some of the bosses info isn't 100% certain but mostly accurate.
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It worked that way in old SoT as well. Killing Voidweaver makes the Towerling spawn, and you have 30 minutes (I believe) to kill the Towerling. Once you kill him, the Demontorch Marauder appears. He drops some molds but I've never killed him enough to get one myself. The Towerling and the secret boss haven't moved, just Voidweaver.

Not sure about Aba secret boss, haven't tried to find him.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You've got 60 minutes to kill it from what the message said. Aba secret boss is in the same place, except you don't have to spawn it now. Tho if you wanna kill it you must go to old abaddon obviously xD.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Using all given info, I just killed Hellfire abomination with a pretty mediocre squad and it was a piece of cake.

Except one r9.3+10 archer, everyone else was low refined G16 at best.
    We had 2 barbs. One of them, the 20k HP one tanked hellfire and activated a crystal every 10 seconds (they work for the whole team) The other barb was me, 14k standing APS. I took care of the energy stars and adds. The 2 clerics both BB and the rest killed hellfire. It was as easy as that.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I killed it with a 3-man squad because a friend needed her culti there. Crystals made it way easier to keep her alive :).
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Quoting myself from a thread I posted in the veno section, as it's relevant to SoT:
    Spirit Foxform quest in revamped SoT
    Yesterday I helped a friend with the portion of the spirit foxform quest in Seat of Torment, and with Sanzi.

There are two steps needed to be done in SoT: reach the NPC Tien Yan, and kill Withered Revenants, both located in the Hell Trap section. To reach Tien Yan, you must navigate a stream of trap orbs generated by a trap generator, and deal with a group of mobs (4 withered revenants, 4 of a melee mob whose name I forget, and a roamer mob that hits pretty hard) just beyond the generator. I recommend taking out the generator using range skills and ranged pets; pets can also be placed in front of you to screen you from some of the orbs. If you're teleported back to the entrance by a purple orb, the trap generator does not regain health. Avoid using noxious or nova, as these may aggro the mobs.

After killing the generator, you can pull and kill the mobs one by one at your leisure. It may be possible to leave the revenants until after the NPC is spoken to, as they are further back than the rest of the mobs, but we killed them first.

To kill the requisite number of revenants for the quest, merely repeat the above procedure as you proceed further into the dungeon. There are more than enough revenants remaining to complete the quest step.

On Sanzi, my celestial giant tanked through most of it, with a second and eventually third veno helping heal. (I can not, with my current gear, solo heal on this boss; he hits very hard... he was taking over 7k from reflect, which apparently isn't affected by the anti-melee buff.) Note: key to surviving the AOE is high pdef and/or high HP; with 7kish HP in Morai G15 heavy gear, I survived the whole fight even when everyone else died, while the other venos (6kish HP arcane built) died with the other arcanes in the AOEs (the other heavies (a BM on first attempt who left, then a seeker and eventually a barb friend missing some gear pieces) would survive until my giant died; I would jump into the pond as soon as it was clear I couldn't get my giant back in the fight (meaning, after the other heavies had died), resetting Sanzi.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Note that Hellfire has a TW tower debuff that stacks with all other dmg amp debuffs so aps DDs do really well if they have enough refines to survive the aoes/direct agro
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    1. Dig crystals while squad is forming
    2. Spam them all the time
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!

Optional: lol at noobs that insist that crystals work only on queen. for an extra kick, watch them jumping around with hellfire adds, miss the crystal rebuff, die and then QQ for missing boss.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    1. Dig crystals while squad is forming
    2. Spam them all the time
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!

Optional: lol at noobs that insist that crystals work only on queen. for an extra kick, watch them jumbing around with hellfire adds, miss the crystal rebuff, die and then QQ for missing boss.

Ye, that pretty much sums it up b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • mrcharlythree
    mrcharlythree Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes, I know this is a necro - but seriously, can you sticky this? It's the only SoT guide.

I wanted to ask; is there a way of getting into SoT other than flying across from entry point of Lothranis?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes, I know this is a necro - but seriously, can you sticky this? It's the only SoT guide.

I wanted to ask; is there a way of getting into SoT other than flying across from entry point of Lothranis?
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

mrcharlythree replied to a message that was 4 months 2 days 16 hours 2 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451