Can't get PWI to launch

SereneAurora - Raging Tide
SereneAurora - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Support Desk
OK, so after getting everything all patched up last night and updated, (which took 6 hours by the way) I was too sleepy to go on. So I just got through trying to get on now, and the game won't launch. It says I'm at 732 and gives me the start button lit up, but when I click it, it just shuts off and never opens the game window. Can anyone help or are you seriously going to make me download Arc, which from everything I've heard SUCKS! I've been a loyal player of this game for 4 years, but even I'm getting fed up, I guess you really don't want my money do you?
Post edited by SereneAurora - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please restart your PC and network hardware.

You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you have problems loading the game when you press start, another thing that you can do is rename the video file that is at the login screen. Please note this is a work around and may not work. Hopefully it does for some of you.

The video files are located here: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\maps\mtv (there are two, login.mpx & loginloop.mpx)

Rename it to something like login_hold.mpx or loginloop_hold.mpx, and see if that helps when you try to login again.

It should bypass the video altogether and allow you to login.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SereneAurora - Raging Tide
    SereneAurora - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've already ruled out all of that, except renaming it, but I can't fin't the map thing your talking about. I go from c:/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International/element. And then there's a bunch of files, but none that say maps. Everything was fine before I had to patch again. *sigh* I always seem to run into problems now whenever PWI has a big update, last time my sister and I both had to re install the whole game, and that was just last winter. -.-
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    I've already ruled out all of that, except renaming it, but I can't fin't the map thing your talking about. I go from c:/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International/element. And then there's a bunch of files, but none that say maps. Everything was fine before I had to patch again. *sigh* I always seem to run into problems now whenever PWI has a big update, last time my sister and I both had to re install the whole game, and that was just last winter. -.-

Well try "Verify" launcher back to back 3 times(it may take sometime to complete depending on your system).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the exact same issue. I press start......nothing happens, the game does not execute/launch at all, only thing that happens is the patcher closes like normal, (like as if the game launched). I've tried verifying (3 different times, no problems or anything indicated), closing and reopening, still the same. I had no errors or anything when updating either, everything went fine, so I'm at a loss as to whats wrong.

I'm not giving up yet though, I still have some last resort ideas I'll get around to....eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same problem here, patcher will launch like usual but game wont start after pressing the start button and launcher closes after approximately 10 seconds. I've tried verifying several times, but no change. I even went as far as to trying to uninstall to reinstall later, but not even the uninstall exe works. It launches, I tick the box to remove all folders, the bar fills up and just closes with everything still intact. I have no idea what to do since I can neither unistall or start the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Same problem here, patcher will launch like usual but game wont start after pressing the start button and launcher closes after approximately 10 seconds. I've tried verifying several times, but no change. I even went as far as to trying to uninstall to reinstall later, but not even the uninstall exe works. It launches, I tick the box to remove all folders, the bar fills up and just closes with everything still intact. I have no idea what to do since I can neither unistall or start the game.

You can try to delete the perfect world folder manually (dumping it in the trash and emptying it), one thing to note though is if you have any screenshots, move or back up the screenshot folder or you'll lose any screenshots in it. I did that once not realizing there was an uninstall thing lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Alright, for those who had this same issue, I found out how to resolve it:

Go to you pwi folder > click the launcher fold > click the thing that says launcher (it will have the Chinese pwi look, like what the desktop icon looks like) > it should come up with a small box that's updating your patcher (and who knows what else, you also may have to ok the application before this, if so just click ok on that) > patcher comes up does its usual stuff > click start button > pwi should launch >done have fun! ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hellwarior93
    hellwarior93 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please restart your PC and network hardware.

You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you have problems loading the game when you press start, another thing that you can do is rename the video file that is at the login screen. Please note this is a work around and may not work. Hopefully it does for some of you.

The video files are located here: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\maps\mtv (there are two, login.mpx & loginloop.mpx)

Rename it to something like login_hold.mpx or loginloop_hold.mpx, and see if that helps when you try to login again.

It should bypass the video altogether and allow you to login.

i cant even download for some reason! :/ ...
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Even with ARC ? f:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.