Screenshots not found and character info for .ini edits lost

Options
Aprillynne - Dreamweaver
Aprillynne - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Support Desk
Hello, I don't know if this is because of the new arc install or not. but when I save a screenshot in the game, it doesn't save in the screenshot folder, though the game shows that the screenshot has been saved in the blue text to the left by the chat box.

Also, I went to put eg eyes on a veno (which I have done many times before) but it isnt working. For some odd reason when I save the presets I need to edit them, the notes do not show up in the folders that they should.

The only reason I can think of is that when I downloaded pwi for my new laptop, I used the new Arc http://www.perfectworld.com/arc <---found there. This device is pretty nifty in general but I believe it is preventing us from saving things to the game folders... Someone please help. I would really like to get this resolved before it becomes more of an issue..
Post edited by Aprillynne - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I encountered the same problem about a month ago. All I did was copy the PW file to another folder and delete the former file. Worked for me.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • dwolf777
    dwolf777 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I am have the same problem as well, I got a new laptop, so I had to download pwi again but only way now is through ARC, for some reason arc dose not allow me to edit my files, I want to change my archer's hair to something else(which I do a lot since it's allowed now) but I noticed that arc is missing customize01 now, I tried everything to see if I can maybe download the old pwi before arc, but so far no luck. If you ever find a way to fix this please tell me, I want TB hair on my archer so bad b:irritated
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    dwolf777 wrote: »
    I am have the same problem as well, I got a new laptop, so I had to download pwi again but only way now is through ARC, for some reason arc dose not allow me to edit my files, I want to change my archer's hair to something else(which I do a lot since it's allowed now) but I noticed that arc is missing customize01 now, I tried everything to see if I can maybe download the old pwi before arc, but so far no luck. If you ever find a way to fix this please tell me, I want TB hair on my archer so bad b:irritated
    It sets the client folder as read-only. Change the attributes and you should be able to edit your files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dwolf777
    dwolf777 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It sets the client folder as read-only. Change the attributes and you should be able to edit your files.

How do I do that, I tried everything. I really don't know what I am suppose to look at, lol Arc is a pain even though I like the new way to talk to others and everything, but it so hard(well for me) to even get in the files. Every time I try to change something all it says I am not allowed to change it unless I am part of pwi creator, something like that lol. So can you please explain it to someone that is stupid, meaning me b:chuckleb:thanks
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    dwolf777 wrote: »
    How do I do that, I tried everything. I really don't know what I am suppose to look at, lol Arc is a pain even though I like the new way to talk to others and everything, but it so hard(well for me) to even get in the files. Every time I try to change something all it says I am not allowed to change it unless I am part of pwi creator, something like that lol. So can you please explain it to someone that is stupid, meaning me b:chuckleb:thanks
    Navigate to the root PWE folder the client resides in. right-click on the folder and select Properties. Then just un-check the read-only flag, and choose the option to apply to all files and folders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeonSforza - Heavens Tear
    LeonSforza - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Navigate to the root PWE folder the client resides in. right-click on the folder and select Properties. Then just un-check the read-only flag, and choose the option to apply to all files and folders.

Hm, did all that, and still can't edit my files, I just wish I could download the old pwi before Arc, this would fix the problem so much faster.
  • Lamica - Lost City
    Lamica - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Can you actually ini edit using arc? I cant find any of the character files and I tried looking it up but nobody seems to know.b:cry
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Can you actually ini edit using arc? I cant find any of the character files and I tried looking it up but nobody seems to know.

NECROOO!!!!!!!

Lamica - Lost City replied to a message that was 5 months 5 days 8 hours 46 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Lamica - Lost City
    Lamica - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Lamica - Lost City replied to a message that was 5 months 5 days 8 hours 46 minutes old.

I just came back form many months of not playing perfect world and I just wanted to know. This is the only thing I can find regarding ini files with arc.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot is our forum bot. It just helps make things easier and has various functions like the ones in its sig.

Though with that said, it really is appreciated if you make a new topic on the matter if the only one you can find results in a necro as those are against the forum rules.

To answer your question, simply look for your element folder as that contains all your client-side files. Once you've done that, you shouldn't have any hassles aside from remembering to remove the read only property of the folder so you can actually edit the contents.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.