Yes, another one, I need your opinions.

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Wizard
So I got somewhere with my wizzy that I thought I would never get.

http://pwcalc.com/fa6e6b3822f05e5f

Now the thing is...(it's probably just me) but my survivability sucks ***. Like seriously.

So the next thing I wanted to know was...

R93 ring(then work on +10) or
citrine gem my rank 9 3 armor pieces
or +12 my weapon
or upgrade my cape
or my helm
or my necklace

I actually am at a loss because I never thought I'd get to this stage.

Please help :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get a G15 and then a G16 neck? Drop ence's scar for G15/G16 hat?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +12 weapon first

your survivability wont change much upgrading helm - cape - neck and anyway any r9r3+12 archer will hit you 50% your hps each hit the same

while your damage will get a serious boost
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited July 2013
    >holy stone barrier

found your problem
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you are feeling squishy, I think you'd be smart to focus on survival first. I'd probably put citrine gems on the top of my list, I think you'd get the most benefit for the least cost and it'd help vs both physical and magic attacks. The rest of the list would kinda depend, I'd probably want +12 wep as soon as I could, and fit it in as soon as I felt my survival was decent enough where I could get by. I'd probably work towards nw neck, then nw r9 ring, (if you haven't gotten +12 wep by now.. I'd really think about getting it here), nw tome, and then probably work on +11 or +12ing some of your end game armor. Your cape and helm are already decentish, and would be some of the last things I'd upgrade.

I'm not sure if you do this already or not, but I generally run around in o malley's blessing 95% of the time and only switch to jones before a kill combo or if I'm full buffed or something. I know a lot of wizzies just sit in jones all of the time, and I think that is unnecessary and missing out on a free 15 def level from blessing (which is pretty huge).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure if you do this already or not, but I generally run around in o malley's blessing 95% of the time and only switch to jones before a kill combo or if I'm full buffed or something. I know a lot of wizzies just sit in jones all of the time, and I think that is unnecessary and missing out on a free 15 def level from blessing (which is pretty huge).

I actually almost never use a jones blessing. Like you said I use it probably 95% of the time as well.

Survival has always been top of my list. It's why I got the R93 armor to +10 before I even got stage one R9 wep. Once I got the R93 armor +10 though I felt that purify spell would help me greatly when getting ganked and increase my survivability. Generally I'm pretty happy with it except for against archers. Except now, when I'm in one of the top two TW factions and the opposite one has an orgy of +12 R93 archers I'm really starting to feel squishy again.

I think I might citrine gem my armor, then +12 wep and then work on R9R ring(+10 that as well).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Ocypete - Lost City
    Ocypete - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow you feel squishy? I am in +7 NV3rd cast armor, +10 G14 cube neck, +10 phys Lunar Ring, and R9 3rd belt. I have many R9's calling me tanky and beefy. Its all in the eye of the beholder. If you have more than 2 R9 archers aimed at you there is definitely something to feel proud of. Means they think you are more of a danger than anyone else! b:laugh

Now do you feel its the physical attacks you can't handle? Or more like the mass attacks from more than one person at a time? I would tend to agree with what Adroit says, he is the pro wizzie afterall. If you plan to be tanky like in some of his videos its all about those Jades and refines. Can't beat 48 more defense levels on top of the 15 from O'malleys and the amount you get from gear sets.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Wow you feel squishy? I am in +7 NV3rd cast armor, +10 G14 cube neck, +10 phys Lunar Ring, and R9 3rd belt. I have many R9's calling me tanky and beefy. Its all in the eye of the beholder. If you have more than 2 R9 archers aimed at you there is definitely something to feel proud of. Means they think you are more of a danger than anyone else! b:laugh

Now do you feel its the physical attacks you can't handle? Or more like the mass attacks from more than one person at a time? I would tend to agree with what Adroit says, he is the pro wizzie afterall. If you plan to be tanky like in some of his videos its all about those Jades and refines. Can't beat 48 more defense levels on top of the 15 from O'malleys and the amount you get from gear sets.

Getting 48 more defense levels would be awesome, but probably won't happen. Who knows though, at one stage I thought R8R would be my endgame(LOL).

Whenever I have group PK happening against the other top faction; I always get a +12 DoT archer and a +12 DoT on my ***...it's painful and ends in me dying :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_