New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013

p.s. if any of you know of a quick guide or reference to the new instance, I'd love to check it out if you know any good links

Here.
    It includes links to video demonstrations from 3 different people so you can see 3 different styles of doing it. Also includes various tips and hints on how things work.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azu_Nya - Dreamweaver
    Azu_Nya - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After 5 awful tries, where I failed miserably, finally managed to het 900 points.
    Can't kill dino, because usually have sly fox+tortoise appearing and can't kill them all (my herc needs help with fox) and debuff dino at the same time. Practicing will solve this, I hope.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    After 5 awful tries, where I failed miserably, finally managed to het 900 points.
    Can't kill dino, because usually have sly fox+tortoise appearing and can't kill them all (my herc needs help with fox) and debuff dino at the same time. Practicing will solve this, I hope.

I think the key to killing the dinosaur boss is locking him down. I suggested a few posts ago combining Parasitic Nova + Stunning Blow + Parasitic Nova again to give time to yourself to debuff with the puffbird as well as give time to the guards to kill it. It has worked for me thus far.
  • FireHowl - Harshlands
    FireHowl - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, i got 896 points today, failed to kill the Dino boss, turtle and maybe some sly foxes..f:meh

I did some digging on pwdatabase..
    This seems to have the rewards and % on it

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/37401
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, i got 896 points today, failed to kill the Dino boss, turtle and maybe some sly foxes..f:meh

I did some digging on pwdatabase..
    This seems to have the rewards and % on it

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/37401

Grats to you! I've only managed 416, but I was super excited lol.

Thanks for the link, it is very helpful, at least now we know which books can drop and the % for them dropping. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    I just got Bewitch (squirrel)! So happy! It costts 3mil coin and 5mil spirit to learn.
  • Blood_Noir - Dreamweaver
    Blood_Noir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here.
    It includes links to video demonstrations from 3 different people so you can see 3 different styles of doing it. Also includes various tips and hints on how things work.

thank you for the help and the links
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just got Bewitch (squirrel)! So happy! It costts 3mil coin and 5mil spirit to learn.

gratz! b:victory
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Gratz, is it tradable? f:money
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i still can't get good points in there o.O
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Yush, the book is trade-able.
  • Azu_Nya - Dreamweaver
    Azu_Nya - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the key to killing the dinosaur boss is locking him down. I suggested a few posts ago combining Parasitic Nova + Stunning Blow + Parasitic Nova again to give time to yourself to debuff with the puffbird as well as give time to the guards to kill it. It has worked for me thus far.

I mean, that I just don't have time and enough attack to kill them all, but nevertheless, now I get 22 stars instead of 18 and that makes me kinda happy.

Today got nice surprise as a reward.

2013-07-0320-17-19bmp_zps73a80e66.jpg
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looking at the database, the only skills that you can get from new instance is Bless, Claw, and the new Bewitch. o.o;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited July 2013

Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Thank you thank you b:laugh

@ Azu_Nya -There's always a special monster before the dinosaur boss so I just sit around there in fox form ready to debuff it and then switch back to use Parasitic Nova.

My pet is usually strong enough to 1-2 shot the foxes. If yours can't, try using a fast pet (such as Kowlin) or a ranged pet (such as cactus), it would help.

I also leave the last two guards to be activated as the boss passes by, which is one more reason I have to lock the boss down with Parasitic Nova/Stunning Blow.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do feral orb stars always give the same amount of exp? Does anyone know how many are needed to get one pet to 100?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do feral orb stars always give the same amount of exp? Does anyone know how many are needed to get one pet to 100?

I know that from until it takes pets 500 exp to level till level 99 if they're fed stars, they get 500 exp points... my nix is 101 and the times I fed him a star, he got 10K exp. Haven't fed a level 100 pet a star, yet, though. Really low-level, like 23ish and so, they get less but gain a few levels at a time and I didn't document the numbers from then, I'm sorry OTL

On a star related note: I just finished the instance and have 139 stars now; I'm one star short of the evolution thing for the frog p-p *feels bad again*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013

I know that from until it takes pets 500 exp to level till level 99 if they're fed stars, they get 500 exp points... my nix is 101 and the times I fed him a star, he got 10K exp. Haven't fed a level 100 pet a star, yet, though. Really low-level, like 23ish and so, they get less but gain a few levels at a time and I didn't document the numbers from then, I'm sorry OTL

On a star related note: I just finished the instance and have 139 stars now; I'm one star short of the evolution thing for the frog p-p *feels bad again*[/COLOR]

That evolved frog looks awesome! I'd have loved the red eyed tree frog if it actually looked like a tree frog and not some fat blob. If only pet bags were bigger. I had a frogling at one time.
  • IceKitty - Morai
    IceKitty - Morai Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For few days Im managing to get max points so i decided to make a vid + small guide with hints as well. Hope you enjoy and I hope it helps some of the venos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7ZvQUqh2k

Im still learning because this instance sometimes is just impossible to pass for me, and some other days it goes smooth like on this vid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    For few days Im managing to get max points so i decided to make a vid + small guide with hints as well. Hope you enjoy and I hope it helps some of the venos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7ZvQUqh2k

Im still learning because this instance sometimes is just impossible to pass for me, and some other days it goes smooth like on this vid.

Nice, added to my guide.
    I was thinking of making a video myself to include tips/hints like yours but since you made one I don't need to record anymore b:chuckle
  • IceKitty - Morai
    edited July 2013
    Nice, added to my guide.
    I was thinking of making a video myself to include tips/hints like yours but since you made one I don't need to record anymore b:chuckle

Glad I helped a bit ^_^. And today I managed to fail just because I clicked F1 (switch to foxform) instead of 1 (attack to switch guard). So entire wave passed just because I didnt get my coffee before doing instance b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    That evolved frog looks awesome! I'd have loved the red eyed tree frog if it actually looked like a tree frog and not some fat blob. If only pet bags were bigger. I had a frogling at one time.

May I see screenshots from you or veneir for the froggy?
    He's very dear to me but I don't want to evolve him if he doesn't stay cute.
    edited July 2013

It has already been posted here by Veneir : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1605111&page=9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013

Tree frogs aren't fat, and they're cute as hell irl, especially red eyed tree frogs: https://www.google.com/search?q=red+eyed+tree+frog

I no longer have one because I found no use for it (and yet have all pet bag slots filled atm). I'd rather look at video or images of real frogs than that fluffy old poorly animated frogling.

If I were PvP; I'd consider this pet again, but can't see a use for it's unique skill or stats in PvE.
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Ok thanks Deffy, found it. Sadly I don't think I'll b evolving my froggy now b:sad.

And yeah I agree tweakz he doesn't really look like a real frog but I still found him to be very cute (Maybe because he's so fat lol). Ten pet slots was a lot to fill with pets for actual PvE or PvP applications...I had some spare slots so I always kept my frog in my bag. This update brought about some interesting rearrangements to my bag as I saw some pets become obsolete while others who were obsolete were put back to use. (And evolved...thus taking a spot permanently)
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Err so how does one kill that last dino? ._.

I got all debuffs onto it, actually froze it twice with my nova, had all guards up and had an evolved nix chase it. And it still didn't die D: lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceKitty - Morai
    edited July 2013
    Err so how does one kill that last dino? ._.

I got all debuffs onto it, actually froze it twice with my nova, had all guards up and had an evolved nix chase it. And it still didn't die D: lol

You have some hints on my video: http://youtu.be/KD7ZvQUqh2k

Important is to seal it at puffbird and give it all debuffs from it. After that use stunning blow and nova after each cooldown + amplify dmg. He usually dies even before he reaches last 3 guards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    And be careful not to overwrite the puffbird's debuffs. (Max HP debuff is ok to overwrite) The puffbird's debuffs last long enough to stay on the dino for the entire run. Ironwood or myriad rainbow can overwrite the armor debuff and Frost scarab or Arcane Antimony can overwrite the slow debuff. Your skills probably won't last long enough and will wear off early if you overwrote a debuff.

I don't know what else to tell you, usually when I have all three debuffs on I do just fine. I killed him once with one less guard than usual too. You are free to cast stunning blow or parasitic nova to hold him in place. Amp and Extreme Poison can also be used to increase the damage he takes. (I think..I never actually checked to see if these curses actually increase the damage taken in this instance, it is kind of hard to tell)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    You have some hints on my video: http://youtu.be/KD7ZvQUqh2k

Important is to seal it at puffbird and give it all debuffs from it. After that use stunning blow and nova after each cooldown + amplify dmg. He usually dies even before he reaches last 3 guards.

^ that's what I do o.o
  • FireHowl - Harshlands
    FireHowl - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And today i managed to break the boss.. f:sweat

I had 878 points when the boss spawned.

Right after it passed the last guard (between the last guard and the blue circle), I used stunning blow to freeze it, and after a few seconds it walked into the blue circle with 550k hp left.

However.. it didn't die when it entered the circle, it stood there for atleast 2 minutes while my cactopod was attacking it. A bit later it did die (with 500k hp left) and i got the 100 points for it, Bringing my total to 978.

I have no idea what caused this, but yay more points f:grin