Morai Skills and Soulforce

Geshwur - Raging Tide
Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
So... Some Morai skills are based off soulforce, but have a set range, which means there HAS to be a magic number where it caps off to max out these skills right?

So... Does anyone know what this magic number is?
Current Gears
pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
Post edited by Geshwur - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes... The maximum ammount of Soulforce you can reach. 53k and something if i'm not wrong (I prolly am).
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what's the minimum number, then? Is there a floor below which it won't matter for the purposes of Morai skills because you'll always get the minimum rate of effectiveness? Y'know, for those of us whose Cashforce is not up to par. o.o

(Yes, I know high refines aren't always the result of CSing. I AM saying that Soulforce is an arbitrary stat which could just as easily have been replaced by non-P2W methods)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My cash force is great I just like using my force for stuff that's worth something...you know the real life stuff.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Minimum soulforce would be 51 (unrefined unsharded level 1 character).

Of course, for practical applications, the minimum is actually 0400 (level 80 with no equipment on aka no refines).... but even that is being silly. Most likely a person at 100 should have an average refine of +5 or so (really it's pretty cheap and simple to get that) making their soulforce 15.4k.

... but if the devs didn't take this into account when setting the ranges up, it's unlikely anyone would get the minimum percentile of the effects Morai skills have (aside from those that also take into account your opponent's soulforce).

Easiest way to test is Death Link/Death chain as it has a simple effect with a value that's easy to calculate and relies only on the assassin's soulforce (unlike other skills that may rely on the soulforce of both players, have chances to fail which would cause them to need a larger sample size, etc).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes... The maximum ammount of Soulforce you can reach. 53k and something if i'm not wrong (I prolly am).

Yup, you're wrong an EA can get 54k soulforce, even though it is useless.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup, you're wrong an EA can get 54k soulforce, even though it is useless.

Well the best use of soulforce is to counter other morai skills like Reel In.
    I have 53k soulforce but galvanic aura's crit bonus which says it lasts 4-9 hits only lasts for 8 hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Minimum soulforce would be 51 (unrefined unsharded level 1 character).
    Perhaps I didn't present the question clearly.

Suppose I'm on a BM with about 15k Soulforce and I'm facing a character with the maximum possible amount. I try to use Reel In on this person. Above what threshold would my chance of success rise above 40%?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Razorax - Harshlands
    Razorax - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Never used Morai skills myself. Anyone know a thread with a Morai skill guide in it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PWI's greatest strength is not the fact that it's Free To Play and Pay To Win. It's that users are actually willing to pay.

Stupid users high as F*ck paying for pixels and **** b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a Morai mystic's skill that work with the soulforce:

Sublime Transfusion  

Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 587
    Channel 2.4 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 120.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instrument

Required Cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Redirects healing (including Guardian Charms) received by the targeted enemy to you for 40 seconds.
    The amount of healing redirected is determined by your Soulforce compared to the target's.
    When the Soulforce of both players is equal, 30% of healing is redirected.
    Against a player of your level, the healing redirected will be between 20% and 40%.

This spell is not effective against enemies 5 or more levels above you.

Effect Range 45 meters
    Costs 1 Spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ExDaedaq - Harshlands
    ExDaedaq - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really need a guide for Morai skills now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps I didn't present the question clearly.

Suppose I'm on a BM with about 15k Soulforce and I'm facing a character with the maximum possible amount. I try to use Reel In on this person. Above what threshold would my chance of success rise above 40%?

I'm fairly sure the short answer is "no one really knows for certain". Mind you, if I'm wrong about that, please prove me wrong. Give me a beautiful equation. I'd -love- to see one.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm fairly sure the short answer is "no one really knows for certain". Mind you, if I'm wrong about that, please prove me wrong. Give me a beautiful equation. I'd -love- to see one.

Agreed! I was looking at some of the Morai Skills and a LOT of them I don't see people using in NW or anything... But most of them seem REALLY useful, so I decided to do some testing with my toons to see how i like each skill and some of them with even half to 2/3 of the max are OP, let alone the full amount...
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Agreed! I was looking at some of the Morai Skills and a LOT of them I don't see people using in NW or anything... But most of them seem REALLY useful, so I decided to do some testing with my toons to see how i like each skill and some of them with even half to 2/3 of the max are OP, let alone the full amount...

Ive used the Death Chain (sin skill) on a psychic in tw and it didnt fail.

My soulforce is 36k and the psy has nearly all +12 gear

b:bye