Perfect World International: Adroit vs IKUTMYSELF

Options
Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I enjoyed it. Wizard battles sure do take a while without crits XD
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No offence but it was boring.
    I stopped watching at 6:07, it was the same combo the whole time ._.
    You have so many skills you can make combos with, especially you're sage and yet you rely on BIDS.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    gg l0l
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No offence but it was boring.
    I stopped watching at 6:07, it was the same combo the whole time ._.
    You have so many skills you can make combos with, especially you're sage and yet you rely on BIDS.
    Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure what combos you think would be effective.. it should be obvious from the video that I can't kill IKUT without one or more crits.. it seems logical to use a skill that increases my crit rate as much as I can. I don't think you'll really be able to convince me that there was a better kill option than BIDS in this video, but I'm curious what you had in mind.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure what combos you think would be effective.. it should be obvious from the video that I can't kill IKUT without one or more crits.. it seems logical to use a skill that increases my crit rate as much as I can. I don't think you'll really be able to convince me that there was a better kill option than BIDS in this video, but I'm curious what you had in mind.

Just send me a PM and i'll make a short video to show you b:thanks
  • mercucio4444
    mercucio4444 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    omg she is so terrible, she know she ve been dieing to same combo over and over again, yet keep repeating same mistake. Slept-bids-dead, slept-bids-dead.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just send me a PM and i'll make a short video to show you b:thanks

The forums get all funny when I try to get into core connect, just post it here plox
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    inb4 he just suggests spark combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ZapZapUrDead - Dreamweaver
    ZapZapUrDead - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Nice only watched till the 4th round.. Sames Adriot was getting those lucky crits with Bids
  • DrLovin - Lost City
    DrLovin - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Was fun to watch two wizards fight it out, and thankfully you are both wizards and not barbs otherwise the fighting would have went on forever.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    For anyone that wants to see it, this is what Horosho pm'd me -snip-

I'm not sure what I was supposed to get out of this, I actually thought the players shown in this video played poorly.. and didn't really see any combos to speak of other than random skill spam until the opponent was too stupid to kite/genie/apoth to survive. Also you need to take into consideration that purify changes the game quite a bit, it makes charm bypasses favorable to trying to beat the charm in 10 seconds.. just trying to pyro -> gush an end game purify user is not an effective strategy to kill them.. they'll just purify and live another day. When a spark combo isn't effective (e.g. 1v1 against a wiz in fire barrier), I've found that poking an opponent to half, undine -> poison -> sleep (keep them from interrupting me or using a mdef charm or ele shell etc) -> BIDS is really the next best effective combo that I can use.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options

I'm not sure what I was supposed to get out of this, I actually thought the players shown in this video played poorly.. and didn't really see any combos to speak of other than random skill spam until the opponent was too stupid to kite/genie/apoth to survive. Also you need to take into consideration that purify changes the game quite a bit, it makes charm bypasses favorable to trying to beat the charm in 10 seconds.. just trying to pyro -> gush an end game purify user is not an effective strategy to kill them.. they'll just purify and live another day. When a spark combo isn't effective (e.g. 1v1 against a wiz in fire barrier), I've found that poking an opponent to half, undine -> poison -> sleep (keep them from interrupting me or using a mdef charm or ele shell etc) -> BIDS is really the next best effective combo that I can use.

What about sutra > 2 spark chi pot > MS > sandstorm? :d
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What about sutra > 2 spark chi pot > MS > sandstorm? :d

Why would I use MS when I know IKUT is just going to badge it off immediately if I can instead use the sparks on BIDS for a higher chance to bypass?
  • Horosho - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Why would I use MS when I know IKUT is just going to badge it off immediately if I can instead use the sparks on BIDS for a higher chance to bypass?

Bleh.. I forgot you guys have PS.. need so much skill to play a class with Ps :d

Edit : Give me an equal geared wizard and i'll 1v1 you Adroit. I'm sure I can win though.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ......what...I just..sigh..

**** humanity and all its stupidity. Adroit, let's go to another planet.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

the **** is with that video?

That EA using frost arrow in pvp, not sure if sage, but vs a wizard, thunder shock vs a wizard NOT expelled, and the sin spamming earthen rift like no tomorrow while not trying to charm jump...also trying to aim low a wizard that isn't falling through the air, lol
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    None of you nerds know how to give compliment after years of pvping, how sad.

Adroit been one of the best since I called out people for 1v1, he was just undergeared.
    Now, he has the tier1 gears, he is being a beast and people are being ass0 like always.

G, G, community.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Bleh.. I forgot you guys have PS.. need so much skill to play a class with Ps :d

That part isn't even about puri. Why would you even bring up puri in response to Adriot pointing out that his opponent would probably just use a genie skill to get out of that combo? And besides that, no, puri is not OP in equal gear.
    Edit : Give me an equal geared wizard and i'll 1v1 you Adroit. I'm sure I can win though.

I highly doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Even tho Horoshi is bad, noob etc etc
    There are easier ways to win in that matchup. Although mage 1v1s are mostly **** and bore me.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Even tho Horoshi is bad, noob etc etc
    There are easier ways to win in that matchup. Although mage 1v1s are mostly **** and bore me.

What did you have in mind exactly?

Also@ Calvin, tankz <3
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What did you have in mind exactly?

Also@ Calvin, tankz <3

Reversions/Willsurge/Extreme Poison

Take your pick
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Reversions/Willsurge/Extreme Poison

Take your pick

I used reversions and poison kinda a lot in the video, and although will surge may have been nice.. I was pretty confident I could beat him without changing my entire genie around. And will surge doesn't even guarantee a kill, it just makes another wiz more likely to kite than try to seal when they are getting lower on hp.
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    8 - 0
    awesome Wizard is Awesome lol

I dont know Why these people criticize you that way.
    maybe your oponent is really really noob?(IKUTMYSELF) really?..
    or maybe they just re*tard b:beatenup

anw, Im looking for you in wizard forum Adroit,
    where have you been?b:faint
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I used reversions and poison kinda a lot in the video, and although will surge may have been nice.. I was pretty confident I could beat him without changing my entire genie around. And will surge doesn't even guarantee a kill, it just makes another wiz more likely to kite than try to seal when they are getting lower on hp.

I didn't see a good life reversion by either of you. You can easily kill him if you use willsurge at the correct time also, obviously you have to time his cooldown on seal and anticipate when he would use it which is pretty easy (for me anyways). The only thing he would try to do is emberstorm stun you, and you would just have to make sure you're not close enough to him. Its PWI lol, he would just tank all your skills cos he doesn't know any better. Unless his purify proc'd and he ran to New Mexico he would probably die.

Edit: I guess my way isnt easier for most people.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I didn't see a good life reversion by either of you. You can easily kill him if you use willsurge at the correct time also, obviously you have to time his cooldown on seal and anticipate when he would use it which is pretty easy (for me anyways). The only thing he would try to do is emberstorm stun you, and you would just have to make sure you're not close enough to him. Its PWI lol, he would just tank all your skills cos he doesn't know any better. Unless his purify proc'd and he ran to New Mexico he would probably die.

Edit: I guess my way isnt easier for most people.

I think there were a few good reversions in the video, although I suppose that is a matter of opinion. Also keep in mind that a reversion combo like that is not fool proof by any means.. even with will surge he can sleep me, ele shell, apoth, emberstorm, morning dew, purify, spark etc.. and as I said before I didn't want to change my entire genie around for a 1v1. If I were to do a 1v1 with a 100m+ bet, yeah I'd probably change my genie around specifically to fight that person.. but for some random fun 1v1s I don't bother. If you were trying to say that will surge is useful in a 1v1 against another wiz, I agree.. but I still think the simple sleep BIDS combo is more effective/easy etc.
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I think there were a few good reversions in the video, although I suppose that is a matter of opinion. Also keep in mind that a reversion combo like that is not fool proof by any means.. even with will surge he can sleep me, ele shell, apoth, emberstorm, morning dew, purify, spark etc.. and as I said before I didn't want to change my entire genie around for a 1v1. If I were to do a 1v1 with a 100m+ bet, yeah I'd probably change my genie around specifically to fight that person.. but for some random fun 1v1s I don't bother. If you were trying to say that will surge is useful in a 1v1 against another wiz, I agree.. but I still think the simple sleep BIDS combo is more effective/easy etc.

You don't need Willsurge if you want to life reversion combo him, I used it as an example as another way you could kill him. It's all about timings lol. When you play with reversions more then you see how easy it becomes to kill your opponents in 1v1.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You don't need Willsurge if you want to life reversion combo him, I used it as an example as another way you could kill him. It's all about timings lol. When you play with reversions more then you see how easy it becomes to kill your opponents in 1v1.

I'm not sure what makes you think I haven't played with reversions much, I use them all the time. What you are missing is that IKUT was completely helpless against the sleep bids combo due to his genie, and there are several outs from a reversion combo. I'm fairly sure that if I had focused on life reversion rather than bids my video would have been much longer. Life reversion is great, but there are times where there are better alternatives.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    People said this server is dead. b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure what makes you think I haven't played with reversions much, I use them all the time. What you are missing is that IKUT was completely helpless against the sleep bids combo due to his genie, and there are several outs from a reversion combo. I'm fairly sure that if I had focused on life reversion rather than bids my video would have been much longer. Life reversion is great, but there are times where there are better alternatives.

The vid made me think that lol..I watched it and i think i saw one decent reversion which made him waste pot when you did it. He's helpless against it because hes bad lmfao. The fact that he let you win the same way repeatedly shows that. I just think there's better ways to win a 1v1 instead of relying on crits.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I know I'm late, but private server related nonsense is still not allowed around here.

And trying to act like someone declining going to one is a bad thing on the official server forums is going to do nothing more than get you in trouble.
    (Insert fancy image here)