Hellfire Abomination...and the painful new SOT.

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, on top of the damage-reducing crystals, have players forgotten about using MSS/Spider-Lysing to reduce its damage or just canceling its AoE's channeling with their skills/Earthquake...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah there should had been a separate setting for the new sot,it funny how sot or abba is now harder than rebirth,I vote revamp rebirth
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, but you can save a nice stock pile of cannys to roll your tt99 armor over into nirva gear, which is reqired to even think about rolling g16.

Cannies are like 20k-30k on my server. 5-7m per armor piece. I could farm an entire set worth of cannies in a week tops without even touching NW. Obviously someone not as in the know as me wouldn't, but I don't think one piece a week is unreasonable at those prices. Go farm herbs in Heaven/Hell for a couple hours and sell them to shops/make pots to sell like I used to or something. >.> It's really not that hard to make small amounts of money at least.

Anyway, as other people have already said and I even said on the first page, digging crystals = solves everyone's problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be honest, hellfire's the only part that's more challenging (not counting TMs, those are most definitely harder now), and he's not that bad if you bother to think instead of just relying on apstards. Overall I find the new SoT/Aba easier for culti and BH runs. You can flame away all you want, but I know damn well I'm not nearly the only one who feels this way.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But its ok for a squad of tt90 people trying to do their culti/fb to spend all that time digging those crystals, which by the way, can NOT be used by a cleric in bb. BB goes down, everyone left is a 1 hit, crystals or not.

Why TT90? They are lvl 99 shouldn't they use TT99?

What is wrong with Dreamweaver? You expect people lvl 99 to have all their skills lvl11, but not to wear TT99?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cannies are like 20k-30k on my server. 5-7m per armor piece.

Whoa! Cannies are < 10k on Archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Whoa! Cannies are < 10k on Archosaur.

PVP servers prices are different than PVE servers, everything that go for equipment (weap/gears/ornaments) cost more on PVP servers cause our gears is our priority, while on PVE servers mounts, fash, flyers and all that stuff is more expensive than on PVP cause PVE servers priority is not gears.

A green dress that worth 2-3m on HL will be sell 7.5m+ on HT, a Aquadash on HT worth 5m while on HL it's 10-15m. I got a Silverrain for 2m on HT, you would never see that on HL, on HL it's 7.5m+. On HL you can find fash with nice colors under or around 5m, on HT fash start at 7.5m and it's green puke and brown. All servers don't have the same priorities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What is wrong with Dreamweaver? You expect people lvl 99 to have all their skills lvl11, but not to wear TT99?

If you will look back thru the posts you will notice i was responding to Asishis' statement that a lv 95 could solo hellfire in TT90, hence my reference to wearing TT90.

*although i do remember being level 92-ish? on my veno and having to go in and solo part way for something.. can't remember exactly what for now its been so long.
    PVP servers prices are different than PVE servers, everything that go for equipment (weap/gears/ornaments) cost more on PVP servers cause our gears is our priority, while on PVE servers mounts, fash, flyers and all that stuff is more expensive than on PVP cause PVE servers priority is not gears.

A green dress that worth 2-3m on HL will be sell 7.5m+ on HT, a Aquadash on HT worth 5m while on HL it's 10-15m. I got a Silverrain for 2m on HT, you would never see that on HL, on HL it's 7.5m+. On HL you can find fash with nice colors under or around 5m, on HT fash start at 7.5m and it's green puke and brown. All servers don't have the same priorities.

This^^
    edited July 2013

*although i do remember being level 92-ish? on my veno and having to go in and solo part way for something.. can't remember exactly what for now its been so long.

For the new fox form maybe? There's a quest to speak to the npc than kill a few mobs for that skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's at 100. There's another (sage only?) quest to see the same NPC at an earlier level, and a couple blue divine contracts for what were the early mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yea, it was a sage quest, i dont think i had to go to far, maybe the first wide spot on the path, but i had to do it twice for the quest.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Probably because TT90 is readily available(mats too) at the AH, while TT99 you have to farm, and I guess putting a squad together to run TT is harder these days.
    edited July 2013
    Probably because TT90 is readily available(mats too) at the AH, while TT99 you have to farm, and I guess putting a squad together to run TT is harder these days.

TT99 can be in AH too, the gold mats can be made with chips too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is too hard for the culti people :S
    I'm listening to people in pretty awesome gear who are going to help the culti people saying that the littler ones are having major issues. Not complaining about their gear, just making a statement that it's wicked hard for them.

What they should have done is make the updated versions completely separate from the old version. The old version was a decent challenge for a 99 crew; it shouldn't have been updated just for the benefit of the 100+ crowd to the detriment of anyone lower.

I agree that dungeons should be challenging, but they did a poor job balancing the fact that yes 100+ need a challenge, but some of these same things are required by people lower in level, and they shouldn't be -forced- to wait out of necessity.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I get your point but why are they entitled to not wait? Just askin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I get your point but why are they entitled to not wait? Just askin'.

Because it is intended that you get quests when you -should- be able to complete them.
  • falconxs
    falconxs Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rushhush wrote: »
    Well, i am not sure of the costs of those skill books on the various servers, but for one to be able to learn all the lvl 99 skills would require substantial amount of coins. If the person is able to afford that amount of coins required for the skills to come, he/she would be able to afford TT99 gears which would at least offer some level of resistance to attack by those mobs. Those getting one-shot/two-shot are normally equipped with TT80/TT90 lowly refined and even unsharded gear.

Instead of sharding to appropriate levels even at TT99, i would suggest just reaching 100 and getting all those Nirvied gear and sharding/refining them.

On the side note of people having to wc for hours trying to get people to help with culti, lots of small factions have sprouted on at least my server with the leaders themselves not even at high levels with adequate gear. You can imagine when such help could be rendered by the faction, instead it became a whole lot of people having to get external help.

I'm just gunna point out that not everyone has a tailor skill up and ready to make the gear. So even if said person farmed it out for tt99 and they have it perhaps they do not wish to use it till they can make g15? I know that was my case because I hate trying to farm low lvl mats and I certainly do not have the money to buy them. Beyond that even if they have the gear ready and waiting for them if they don't have the money to shard it right away they still may as well be a one shot for some classes...

So I think as this thread keeps coming back to the point, put the old boss in the instance some where so we can get our damn culti done!
    edited July 2013
    Because it is intended that you get quests when you -should- be able to complete them.

Says who?

I know a LOT of people that when they get FB/culti 59/69/79/89/99 they wait to be at the lvl of the BH to do them and they don't complain about it.

You even have 10 lvl to pick the tablets for the FB which prove it doesn't need to be done at the lvl 99. (speaking about FB cause generally people do both FB and culti at the same time)

People just look for a excuse to complain, you don't need to do culti 99 absolutely at lvl 99. People using the culti excuse to say the boss is to hard are probably people lvl100+ that chain die at it. I saw clerics lvl100+ with 3.5-4k hp complain saying it's too hard, at lvl90 my both clerics had more than 5 k hp, how people lvl 100 can still have lower than 5k? Some people gears are not at the lvl of their char and using culti 99 as excuse won't make the dev to change back the boss. The OP of that thread have 4.5k hp and he's lvl100. http://pwcalc.com/8eae239d854a0ba2 <-lvl99 buffed cleric with TT99.

It's even more easy to find a squad now, cause people run the whole instance for the weekly quest every week, while before people wasn't running the instance unless it was for BH.

From PWI wiki:

''This Cultivation Quest is for the Title "Celestial Sage or Celestial Demon" and is very long and spans many levels. It's recommended you either do it with a Party, or level up as you do the quest.''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Kinda offtopic here but the FCC quests and weapon tokens for example throw that logic out of the window...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Too many things have been handed to players in recent times. Low level quests and the culti chain have been shortened and made easier. People are able to rush to 90+ is no time, people can gain xp for standing around afk. It hardly surprises me that people get to level 99+ and have crappy unrefined gear and a low HP bar, not to mention a lot of people not knowing which skills to use when.

Yes I do think the boss hits a little bit too hard for a culti boss it is however designed for squads of 10 people now and as it has been said before there are plenty of squads now running the weekly quests that are more than capable of killing him with no issues. If you are an undergeared level 99 then by all means hide out of aoe range and get the kill that way, I am sure the other 9 people wont mind (I sure wouldn't). For those that are 100+ I am sorry but G16 is dirt cheap, +5 is almost free with mirages from other BH rewards - spend some time to improve yourself, if everyone in squad has done this then you will find it a lot more enjoyable.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you are an undergeared level 99 then by all means hide out of aoe range and get the kill that way, I am sure the other 9 people wont mind (I sure wouldn't).

How does that saying go again... birds of a feather flock together. Doesn't do anyone any good when you have 10 people hidding outside of aoe range. My alt cleric has 8.7k unbuffed hp, and these days I am still seeing bm with less hp.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited July 2013
    How does that saying go again... birds of a feather flock together. Doesn't do anyone any good when you have 10 people hidding outside of aoe range. My alt cleric has 8.7k unbuffed hp, and these days I am still seeing bm with less hp.

Totally agree with you there, my point being that with enough weekly squads being formed a lvl 99 looking to do culti should be able to find a competent and geared enough squad that has 9 other toons that don't need to hide. Just yesterday I was in squad with a 100 mystic that had 2.7k HP - if I take all my gear off i have almost that much HP. Trust me I know about low HP BMs, I am often the highest HP in squad and have more HP than most barbs on the server.
  • n523
    n523 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isnt BH exclusive to PWI (not in the other versions)?
    did china get the re-vamped dungeons too?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, BH isn't exclusive to PWI, and yes, China got the revamped dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Buffed with Beast Kings Inspiration I have around 5.7K hp.

i thought ep's now days had at least 10k hp with beast kings inspiration.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
    edited July 2013
    i thought ep's now days had at least 10k hp with beast kings inspiration.

5k HP buffed used to be somewhat acceptible as a cleric but that was a number of years ago now. The game has changed, better gear, easier access to refining aids and mid level shards. I don't know if some of these people with clerics are alts or if people just refuse to put any effort into improving gear. I could maybe forgive someone new to the game that has just hit 100 and working towards gear but some people I see in squads have been around for years and nothing has changed. 10k I would say is well above average but certainly achievable. A full magic arcane in a G16+5 set will have around 5k HP unbuffed, add on a good necklace, rings and belt and you then have a good base to work with.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is too hard for the culti people :S
    I'm listening to people in pretty awesome gear who are going to help the culti people saying that the littler ones are having major issues. Not complaining about their gear, just making a statement that it's wicked hard for them.

What they should have done is make the updated versions completely separate from the old version. The old version was a decent challenge for a 99 crew; it shouldn't have been updated just for the benefit of the 100+ crowd to the detriment of anyone lower.

I agree that dungeons should be challenging, but they did a poor job balancing the fact that yes 100+ need a challenge, but some of these same things are required by people lower in level, and they shouldn't be -forced- to wait out of necessity.

SoT and Abaddon are 99+ end game instances. Level 99 is the entry level for them. They are not designed to be easy for entry level people. The old version wasn't even a challenge for low level 9x in mediocre gear these days because of enhancements in gear and the availability of g13 to g15 or so gears for 9x and even 8x toons (Lunar helms and capes, cube neck and belt, etc. from packs becoming common these days) not to mention the ease and of refining and sharding.

Says who? I had a quest for frost when I was level 75 but I couldn't get into the instance to do it at the time. This was before they changed it into kindergarten play area for frost babies. Besides, as I was leveling I had all kinds of quests that I wasn't able to complete until I leveled up and got better gears.
    falconxs wrote: »
    I'm just gunna point out that not everyone has a tailor skill up and ready to make the gear. So even if said person farmed it out for tt99 and they have it perhaps they do not wish to use it till they can make g15? I know that was my case because I hate trying to farm low lvl mats and I certainly do not have the money to buy them. Beyond that even if they have the gear ready and waiting for them if they don't have the money to shard it right away they still may as well be a one shot for some classes...

So I think as this thread keeps coming back to the point, put the old boss in the instance some where so we can get our damn culti done!

"Not everyone has a tailor skill..."b:cry Oh Q f'ing Q. Who are you to be some sort of self-appointed advocate of these poor lazies that won't put forth some time and effort into their chars.

Who's responsibility is it to level up their own crafting skills? I have no pity for people who don't put effort into improving their character and then complain about not being able to do what others who work hard to improve their character can do. Not only do I have no pity for them I wouldn't want to run any instances with them either. They are a problem and the new instances are the solution. I hope it weeds these "entitled" lazy morons out of the game.

I say leave the new instances the way they are. If low levels want to do their culties then they can run with higher levels who can run the instances.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do believe you can be dead and still get credit, someone confirm at least with the weekly.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited July 2013
    I do believe you can be dead and still get credit, someone confirm at least with the weekly.

No you need to get the kill on each of the 3 big bosses for the weekly, being dead while any of them are killed does not give you credit.
  • falconxs
    falconxs Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Not everyone has a tailor skill..."b:cry Oh Q f'ing Q. Who are you to be some sort of self-appointed advocate of these poor lazies that won't put forth some time and effort into their chars.

Who's responsibility is it to level up their own crafting skills? I have no pity for people who don't put effort into improving their character and then complain about not being able to do what others who work hard to improve their character can do. Not only do I have no pity for them I wouldn't want to run any instances with them either. They are a problem and the new instances are the solution. I hope it weeds these "entitled" lazy morons out of the game.

I say leave the new instances the way they are. If low levels want to do their culties then they can run with higher levels who can run the instances.

Lol, pardon me that I don't wish to go putting all the damn crafting skills on all my characters! No I find it completely pointless to how much sht is needed to farm so yes I would rather let someone who enjoys farming endlessly to go do that. Ya I'll farm tt or ws or various dungeons for the mats/molds that I need, but no I will not go back and try to spend how many countless fruitless hours farming for junk to get to the required level I need to make the gear I need now. Not to mention all the farming it would take to spam make something to level the blacksmith or tailor or ornament making skills to the appropriate levels. But thats not exactly the point of this topic.

Further more for your self righteous rear to call those who choose not to do this farming due to time constraints, 'entitled lazy morons' I think you have another thing coming! Just because I do not have the crafting skills does not mean I expect someone to just hand me sht! Be it gear, levels, or easy dungeons. So refrain from further verbal attacks please as they are not becoming... Sheesh

@Quilue
    No you can't be dead and still get credit, I have either had this experience myself or had squad members dead when the boss dies and they rage or q.q or just sigh because they did not get the kill
This discussion has been closed.