Are there good ways to get money after level 90..

Options
Uzi_Man - Harshlands
Uzi_Man - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
.. which are not boring and rutinary like farming hell and merchanting? I'm a wizard and no, I can't afford to build a farming sin (this is why I need money: to make one)

Sorry if this post shouldn't be in General Discussion b:surrender

PD: I won't put real cash into this game
Post edited by Uzi_Man - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    .. which are not boring and rutinary like farming hell and merchanting? I'm a wizard and no, I can't afford to build a farming sin (this is why I need money: to make one)

Sorry if this post shouldn't be in General Discussion b:surrender

PD: I won't put real cash into this game

Yes.

My catshop makes 10s of millions every day while I'm afk.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yeah plent of ways to make money but yeah most are repeatable stuff such as material farming on the land and herbs but also if you have 2-4 mill on hand or even 1 million,you can actually merchant herbs and materials off people for cheap prices to sell high.I did a few test of my own with one mill coin in buying and selling herb and that coin turned into 14 million in a week or so.yeah I could have made more in a week but I just managed a couple stacks at a time of about 200 of each kinda popular herb.
    High materials such as steel alloy and stuff seem to be lacking in the auction house and other areas of arch like by the wine maker or in front of the legendary forges so that market right now is so good..trust me I know because I had to buy people out so I can make molds to sell.
    And that's where you get into gear crafting ...max it.From experience in making certain gears to sell I have made double to triple profit back from making gear out of legendary molds...kinda feels good to buy a mold for 50k and make 500-1mill plus,just sell to make material money back and a oil extra coin in return,there is always some low lvl looking for a deal or better yet another merchant.

And explain what your selling to aquire tens of millions a day.your not helping the OP out much.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Uzi_Man - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes.

I don't care about the amount of money your catshop makes. I didn't ask people to brag about how much they get, I just asked for a tip to earn more, but you didn't give me one.

However, thanks to Oidpop for actually helping me.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes.

You're welcome b:victory
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Do cube. Lots of cube. 1mil exp per day and a Page of Fate that you can sell for 500k or so. Just don't open the Gold Boxes - merch them. :)

Then at 100, start doing NW. You'll get beat up a lot, but you still get paid for it. :P

And beyond that, you shouldn't need anything else. "Farming sins" are not required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes.

+1

Alternatively, you could farm mats and herbs, play the Auction House, or farm TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    nop there are no other ways to make good coins
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options

And explain what your selling to aquire tens of millions a day.your not helping the OP out much.
    I don't care about the amount of money your catshop makes. I didn't ask people to brag about how much they get, I just asked for a tip to earn more, but you didn't give me one.

However, thanks to Oidpop for actually helping me.

I didn't explain what my catshop sells because it's irrelevant. There are hundreds of catshops selling 1000s of different items. Everyone has their own niche when they choose to make coin with a merchant shop.

My intention was not to brag about how much my catshop makes. It was to illustrate that making a catshop is a great way to make in-game coin. That was the tip so there's no reason to be a complete jerk about it. I'm not going to tell you what to do to make in-game coin because as I said we all have our own niche and it's your responsibility to find your own.

Also, I just spent 5 mins making 150K coin and about 1.5K DQ points grinding mobs near the entrance portal in OHT map 3. That's almost 2 mil an hour not including the DQ points during our 2x.

There are too many ways to make in-game coin to discuss.

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Most of the time I do things that most people would consider boring or routine >.>
    I really like farming world mats XD
    Depends on your server and how many other people sell certain things, but some people do well selling bh 79-89 wines.

Often there are catshops buying things you'll just pick up in your daily activities, so at the end of your day take a few minutes to stroll around archo.

Right now my favourite thing to do is to do Jolly Jones quests on my alts while I wait for other things for my main to do. It's not 10million a day, but it's better than doing nothing XD

Most of the things that make money involve farming something repeatedly (whether it be mats or quests or dungeons) and merchanting. Catshopping while you sleep is no trouble and can be good profit, but it doesn't have to be big ticket items as long as you're not in a rush.
  • akutu
    akutu Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't think it's fair to ask people to share what they are merchanting. If everyone will start doing same thing then their market will be destroyed and will have to find new one. I myself have spent months to merchant different things and testing where i can make more money and you expect me to go and say: "hey i make 10mil a day come and merchant same thing and shut down my market". And that is what separates good merchants from others, they find their own thing or thing what other ppl haven't realized yet and make as much money as fast as can before others realize it.
    If wanna start to merchant then don't ask people to share their info on a silver plate, go find yourself. You never know, maybe you will get richer than all others merchants in game.
  • Uzi_Man - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I didn't explain what my catshop sells because it's irrelevant. There are hundreds of catshops selling 1000s of different items. Everyone has their own niche when they choose to make coin with a merchant shop.

My intention was not to brag about how much my catshop makes. It was to illustrate that making a catshop is a great way to make in-game coin. That was the tip so there's no reason to be a complete jerk about it. I'm not going to tell you what to do to make in-game coin because as I said we all have our own niche and it's your responsibility to find your own.

Also, I just spent 5 mins making 150K coin and about 1.5K DQ points grinding mobs near the entrance portal in OHT map 3. That's almost 2 mil an hour not including the DQ points during our 2x.

There are too many ways to make in-game coin to discuss.

Everyone knows that a good catshop can make a lot of money: you're just telling me an very obvious thing that doesn't help me at all. Nevertheless, I appreciate your intentions.

In addition to that, I stated on my first post that I want to avoid merchanting.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In addition to that, I stated on my first post that I want to avoid merchanting.

If you're not willing to spend time merchanting, spend time farming mats like herbs, or spend time farming cube or something, then congrats. That leaves only NW and BH100 and BH is not going to be that consistent unless you're spamming it on multiple chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you're not willing to spend time merchanting, spend time farming mats like herbs, or spend time farming cube or something, then congrats. That leaves only NW and BH100 and BH is not going to be that consistent unless you're spamming it on multiple chars.

Pretty much this. I have enough characters 100+ that BH is a viable way of making coin each day, more toons = more of a chance to get the good rewards. For most this is not so much a good option so you are left with NW and farming mobs for ****.

If you don't like the idea of merchanting by setting up a catshop then you could always just look out for good deals in AH in worldchat or in other catshops and look to resell at a higher amount - often people will make mistakes and leave off a 0 on the end or just generally not know the actual price of the item.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes.

After reading OP requirement of no mundane stuff and merchanting, i think Nymphali is the only one who gave the answer.

PWI is in three categories

1) Cash shoppers
    2) Farmers
    3) Merchants

You don't want 2 and 3, that leaves 1, if you don't want 1, well, let's just say you need really really giving friends and faction, or you'll lose interest in pwi pretty quick.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Most of the time I do things that most people would consider boring or routine >.>
    I really like farming world mats XD
    Depends on your server and how many other people sell certain things, but some people do well selling bh 79-89 wines.

Often there are catshops buying things you'll just pick up in your daily activities, so at the end of your day take a few minutes to stroll around archo.

Right now my favourite thing to do is to do Jolly Jones quests on my alts while I wait for other things for my main to do. It's not 10million a day, but it's better than doing nothing XD

Most of the things that make money involve farming something repeatedly (whether it be mats or quests or dungeons) and merchanting. Catshopping while you sleep is no trouble and can be good profit, but it doesn't have to be big ticket items as long as you're not in a rush.

That's a good illustration of the niche I was talking about.
    Everyone knows that a good catshop can make a lot of money: you're just telling me an very obvious thing that doesn't help me at all. Nevertheless, I appreciate your intentions.

Only thing left I see people doing to make coin then is to sell some type of service like frost, crafting, wraithgate trophy mode or something. I cannot advise you on what to do from here because I have no real information about you or your character to base anything off of. I know very little about the style of gameplay you are most comfortable with or how much your char has progressed in skill and gear and cultis. You do and this is why I said it's your responsibility to figure it out. You've put some real limitations on your ways to make in-game money so yeah, your burden to making in-game money is rather high.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    @ OP

Put simply?

No
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • domcio8
    domcio8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    @ OP

Put simply?

No

That.

Or.

1. Farm TT like crazy.
    2. Watch the market getting butchered due to 2x and general willingness to sell 18m worth golds for half their price.
    3. Cry.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    domcio8 wrote: »
    That.

Or.

1. Farm TT like crazy.
    2. Watch the market getting butchered due to 2x and general willingness to sell 18m worth golds for half their price.
    3. Cry.

that feeling when you got lunar top because illusion stones were expensive

then come 2X and somebarb be selling illusion stones for 8.5mil ffs I just bought GBF for that price
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Crack is addicting; pwi is addicting
    Ho's be ho's fo crack. Ho's be ho's fo pwi.

(you just need a john)

Valley of the Scarred, Old Unicorn Forest, and Card bosses have been very good profit since I can remember.

No work and all rest makes johnny one of Willie's a poor boys.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    some actual new people in my alt's fac run daily cube and treasure map bosses, as well as regular NW

since all the second wave of real OP people (p. sure fay, mera etc are already done with NW gears) are getting their NW tomes, rings and stuff the money's been decent for them
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    could do what I do and just aoe grind mobs. it isn't the best nor the most profitable and sometimes it can get a little boring but eventually you get the amount you need lol.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    no merch, no repeating activities and no cashoping? sure, seduce a rich guy/girl.

domcio8 wrote: »
    That.

Or.

1. Farm TT like crazy.
    3. Cry.

a mat is worth what people are willing to pay. there is no attached price tag of "the real value"b:bye
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    no merch, no repeating activities and no cashoping? sure, seduce a rich guy/girl.

a mat is worth what people are willing to pay. there is no attached price tag of "the real value"b:bye

Except for chippable mats.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Except for chippable mats.

that warsoul mats should be sold for way more than they are now.
    nirvy keys should be sellable at 3m.
    plat mp = plat hp

someone selling a mat sets the upper value, not the real value.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Making money doesn't require levels, otherwise I wouldn't have made over 100m before level 75 xD
    Sage barb in progress.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Making money doesn't require levels, otherwise I wouldn't have made over 100m before level 75 xD

not as good as 1 billion at lvl 9 but it's something
  • Sugar_Free_ - Heavens Tear
    Sugar_Free_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes.

+Upvote
    Sugar_Free_

Future Karma Prospect
    Long time Legend
    Assassin Prodigy
    Stunlocked Mac User
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    +1

Lvl 100 R8 Cleric takes down R9rr Archer...
    Lvl 92 Seeker lasts longer in RB Spawn than a squad of 101's...
    Lvl 92 Barb has more hp than most 101 barbs and can actually hold aggro in BH100 instances...

It's all about knowing your class and playing it well.
    Being Pro has nothing to do with how much money you wasted on your gear.

This game has it's ways to make coin but it seem the cost of things has doubled since I started playing 3 years ago and the stuff I used to sell no one is buying any more. A casual player will have a very hard time making enough coin just to Tele around. If you are a new player just starting out coin is the one thing that is missing since they stripped the value off Low DQ mat drops and other low level coin producing mats. Hell it is a real pain to get enough coin just to buy a PickAxe. One of the faults of this game is that you need improved gear and weapon in order to farm the mats to make the improved gear and weapon, so you have to buy them before you can be strong enough to get the stuff to make the stuff you just bought. Putting the azz backwards on the cart if you ask me.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Though this is a old thread and people always asking how to make coins,you just have to continue doing what your doing,get you crafting skills up so you can make molds to sell in a catshop(a must if your going to merchant 24-7),molds are going for cheap deals and since the op is farming then he can farm the mats required to make those legendary items that people will buy and buy,can make good profit double to triple profit at times.

As with herb farming just try to get about a million or two and buy the popular hell herbs cheap and just sell at reasonable price and still make good profit(usually the apoth lords will buy you out).You can double profit
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If I'm quoted in a Necro, does that make me a zombie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]