mynameiswizy
mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Wizard
Hy everybody, Im a newbie wiz...
Im working for my R8r set
and Im curious about "Purify Spell" unique add on for R8r weapon
b:question

What do you think about it?
1) is it worth or not? or maybe better if it got (Atk. Level +10~25) or (Def. Level +10~25) on it??
2) if it is worth ... what is the minimum refined R8r armor I should get?
(I notice it, if I get 1-2 hit from my oponent and die .. purify is really not make any different)

here is the link (R8 recast weapon)
here is the link (R8r armor)
Post edited by mynameiswizy on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stop working on it and just get g16 Nirvana or r9 (and then r9rr).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • mynameiswizy
    edited June 2013
    Stop working on it and just get g16 Nirvana or r9 (and then r9rr).

bcoz on my server there is still no G16, and no one want to achieve R9 (maybe right now until a moment later I dont know) (oh and maybe there is still no R9rr until up coming patch lol..)

the situation is :
    R8 and G15 is still common end-game gear here :)
    and several people get Warsoul +12 on his toon still a god-like weapon here on my server
    b:faint
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited June 2013
    Ah, not this version then.

How long off is the patch for g16/r9rr? If it's not that far off, I'd just go get g15 Nirv and wait for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Which one is the server? Just curious b:avoid

I know what you mean, I come from the Brazilian server and in there G15 and rank gear is still common and end game.

If the g16 update is in fact coming, I would get nirvy, sit and wait. If it's not, R8 recast is every bit as good as nirvana, with a nice add on, which is the attack/def lvls or purify on weapon.

The problem about it is that if g16 comes out it's obsolete.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    it is indonesian server.
    okay so I check again about R9rr in my server.
    and I find my server got ☆☆☆Anku Harbinger
    ,b:question
    and I still don't know where G16 is.
    my server just got the patch maybe around 1 month ago, it is still a new new thing in my server here, (The patch of NW, R9, Brilliant Essence, etc)

but as far as I know , there is no body want to buy R9 until moment later,
    so this is a different version?

but anw, I love R8r look. A red shiny "amazing look" magic sword lol.
    please help me out here. (or is it not really that great? ... )
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited July 2013
    That would be CN's r9 recast. I guess this means g16 Nirv+our r9rr together is version exclusive or something?

If r9 is not a possibility (a.k.a. it costs what it'd take to buy a new car or house or something), I'd do full g15 Nirv armor set with r8r magic sword that has either purify or atk levels on it. If you are able to go r9 though, get it instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    That would be CN's r9 recast. I guess this means g16 Nirv+our r9rr together is version exclusive or something?

If r9 is not a possibility (a.k.a. it costs what it'd take to buy a new car or house or something), I'd do full g15 Nirv armor set with r8r magic sword that has either purify or atk levels on it. If you are able to go r9 though, get it instead.

ur server version
    ☆☆☆Requiem ?
    and yeah my server dont get G16 nirvy..

YES.
    that is true , r9 seems cost too much, lol.

R8r purify spell worth it? b:dirty
    what is the minimum refined armor +5 ? +7?
    Im planning on my cube +7 for pdef also,
    is it enough?
    for make it worth?
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Looks like the indonesian version of the r9 3rd cast sword. I noticed that there is a chance to add 40 att lvls, and at the same time a chance of addind 70 attack lvls to the sword. You can get both at one roll, talk about overpower O.O 110 attack lvls in a single weapon...dang lol

Anyway, it is a really good magic sword, but like Eoria said, if it's gonna cost you a fortune to obtain it, I'd stick with r8 recast weapon. For the looks of it the indonesian developers put nirvana 3rd cast and r9 3rd cast together to create the sword you just showed us, and since the g16 update (I assume) was supposed to come along with NW, I think that's not coming to your server, making nirvana g15 armor still the best armor you can obtain besides r9, and r8 recast the best weapon besides r9 (if you get lucky b:pleased)

The purify spell on r8r is not as effective as the one in r9, but I only hear that, I don't know how much less effective it actually is. Nevertheless, a purify is a purify b:laugh
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    110atk. b:beatenup lol

NVG 15 all 6 set give : 5attack and 13def rank
    vs
    R8r all 4 set give : 900HP , -6 CT, 15 attack
    (and a slightly better pdef and mdef and more better/more option in add on I think)

☆☆Dragon Rise Robe
    ☆☆Robe of Nature: Sol

hmm.. if your sugestion I should go for NV G15 then
    so basicly get 13 def rank is really better than get 15 attack rank?
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    honestly if i had not to go r9r3 i'd go for full r8r armors warsoul weapon full channelling build deity sharded for the lulz
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    honestly if i had not to go r9r3 i'd go for full r8r armors warsoul weapon full channelling build deity sharded for the lulz

but single butterfly is look like a pinky-sparkling-frisbee for me to be honest b:sweat
    lol.

but I got ur point.
    it is still an avaible option I mean about "the price" of warsoul weapon, somehow, here.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    You could say the G15 nirvana is more defensive than R8r armor, something that I consider to be very important to a wizard. Let's face it, you will be powerful enough with r8r weapon, specially if you get the purify b:laugh I don't really think that 15 attack lvls would make THAT much of a difference, specially compared to the 13% damage reduction you would get from the def lvls that g15 offer you.

Plus, the set bonus for 2 pieces of Nirvana is 5 attack levels, something that makes the difference a little smaller. Makes you both defensive and a bit offensive. I really don't think that 500 extra magic defense for an arcane class would be better than defense levels, which apply to any kind of damage. Same goes for the pdef. b:victory
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    You could say the G15 nirvana is more defensive than R8r armor, something that I consider to be very important to a wizard. Let's face it, you will be powerful enough with r8r weapon, specially if you get the purify b:laugh I don't really think that 15 attack lvls would make THAT much of a difference, specially compared to the 13% damage reduction you would get from the def lvls that g15 offer you.

Plus, the set bonus for 2 pieces of Nirvana is 5 attack levels, something that makes the difference a little smaller. Makes you both defensive and a bit offensive. I really don't think that 500 extra magic defense for an arcane class would be better than defense levels, which apply to any kind of damage. Same goes for the pdef. b:victory

but R8r give "900 HP" it is around 12% (in case I have around 7k HP) more defense though.
    hmm,
    yes maybe I am going to get purifyspell R8r for my Wiz.
    b:dirty
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    f:heart
    anw,
    Im still waiting for another opinion
    cmon f:grin

anw,
    where is she..
    -> (Adroit) <-
    :D
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    R8R armor is inferior to NV 3rd armor by a lot.
    R8R weapons purify is only 5-8%
    R9.3 weapons purify is 12-15%
    The difference is huge.

The only reason to get R8R weapon is for the defense level adds which can not be gained anywhere else. The weapon can get up to 40 def levels.

The defense levels are superior to the weaker purify in terms of survivability.

You should go full NV 3rd armor, and have two weapons.

Nv 3rd for offense
    Def level r8r for defense

EDIT: just read you don't have NV3rd or R9
    The person above me is wrong.
    R8R is better armor than NV2nd.
    You still want defense levels though, NOT purify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but R8r give "900 HP" it is around 12% (in case I have around 7k HP) more defense though.
    hmm,
    yes maybe I am going to get purifyspell R8r for my Wiz.
    b:dirty

i am not sure but i think r8r amor set bonus is +1200, on pwdatabase the hp add is broken

i think you can reach 83% channelling keeping a warsoul\warsong\r9r belt and cube necklace so a nice phys res overall

ah, demon
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    EDIT: just read you don't have NV3rd or R9
    The person above me is wrong.
    R8R is better armor than NV2nd.
    You still want defense levels though, NOT purify.

You got me thinking, so I went to PWcalc and did some comparing.
    Created two lvl 101 Wizzies, with the same build: pure magic. I only added the armor and the General's Badge, since I have no idea what he haves. Didn't add any buffs either, just pure base magic and physical defense.

On the r8r wizard, his magic defense was 9690 (71% reduction) and a pdef of 756 (16%).
    On the nirvy set, it was 8643 (68%) and 1099 pdef (21%).

Taking on consideration that Nirvana adds 13 defense lvls to all that, the overall reduction would be of 81% magic defense (if your target doesn't have any attack lvls, of course) and 34% physical defense, following the same variable.

BUT let's remember that like Kniraven said, the best thing you would get on your weapon is defense lvls, making you much stronger. Also something that would pass the Nirvana set bonus by far. Nothing stopping you from getting the best of both worlds though; you can get r8r weapon and full nirvana.
    Also something else VERY important is that the r8r haves random stats - and your defense can and probably will go up from that 71% depending on how lucky you get. That's just the base defense. I just don't really think it will even up to g15. b:victory

The r8r set is a little more offensive, because of the 8 attack levels versus the 5 of nirvana set. If you want to get best of both worlds again you can get the full r8r set and then get the nirvana helmet and cape - this way you can get a total of 13 attack levels. And if you go for the r8r weapon and get the defense levels, you won't even miss the 13 def levels from nirvana. OR you can reroll the weapon til you get attack levels and be even more of a glass cannon. But i don't really reccomend that b:chuckle

I suppose it boils down to if you want to get as defensive as you can or go for full glass cannon build.

I would seriously consider getting full r8r, then g15 helmet and cape and reroll my r8r sword times infinity until i get the defense levels.

http://pwcalc.com/312921e00795c0aa
    http://pwcalc.com/ee6a87eb835795dc

b:pleased

And yes, we're all waiting for Adroit to come here and give us her opinion b:avoid
  • Argenesis - Raging Tide
    Argenesis - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rank 8 recast set bonus was changed multiple times, it now gives 15 attack levels, so if you got the Nirvana helmet and cape you would have 20 attack levels.

When it comes down to it the r8r set -can be- better, but only with some good luck, or, if necesary, lots and lots of rerolls, which can add up in expenses. I would probably get both to be hoenst, provided you can afford it. This way you can wear the Nirvana for defense and then when it comes time that you are ready to attack, switch over (lke when you have your foe slept or stunned and want to hit them hard) since the gear can all fit on the hotkeys. The r8r is much more offensive and Nirv is much more defensive. If this were the case I'd rather have purify spell.

However, if you get defense levels on the weapon and have hard time getting a hold of the Nirvana armor, or just don't want to, then provided you get more than 13 defense levels, which is simple, 13 is pretyt low-end, then the rank 8 recast can be better in both aspects, however if you were only going with the r8 recast armor, I'd definitely aim for defense levels on the weapon. Or attack levels if you really wanted to nuke, but either way, with the r8r armor you will not be surviving long enough for purify to make a large difference.
    My avatar won't update, I'm not level 38, I swear. b:surrender

Finally 100, now using r8 to farm my t3.
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    (I have read all ur sugestion guys
    thx)

so even if I refine +8 for all my equipment(R8r set with cube state 1, and eye jungle state 1)
    it is not good enough for R8r "purify spell" to make any different ?

yes, there was a thread I read
    it is around 5-8% purify for R8r :little-sad:
    :|

so now,
    it is between attack and defense level in my head. lol...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Go full NV3 (that means get full G15 armor set) when it comes out on your server, get G15 weapon and also get r8r weapon with def levels, keep both on action bar, swap weapons when you need to survive
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited July 2013
    Go full NV3 (that means get full G15 armor set) when it comes out on your server, get G15 weapon and also get r8r weapon with def levels, keep both on action bar, swap weapons when you need to survive

Did you eve read the thread? NV3 does not exist in his server.

Back on topic, it would be hard to say if +8 armor would justify a purify weaon. It would depend on shards and on the average level of power of your server sins and BMs, since they will do the most stunning.

• MontRei - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    NV3 doesn't exist on his server, and we can't just assume it will any time soon, and while it doesn't, he sits there with a set of gear he isn't comfortable with.

I also think it depends on the level of power of your server, and as far as refines go, they are both G15 and will refine just as good.

I'm not really sure if +8 gear justifies purify. I agree completely with Argenesis on this one.

It would depend on your shards, and I'm gonna assume that half the population of your server is BMs/Sins, so you will be struggling with (mostly) physical damage, something in which demon Stone Barrier can make a HUGE difference.
  • mynameiswizy
    edited July 2013
    I have read all your answer
    thx guys
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013

kthxbai
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited July 2013
    kthxbai

You must not have read the part where nirv 3rd cast is international server only. kthnxbai