Do you think r9 is still worth it?

2»

Comments

• CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to point out that the OP asked if it's worth it. To that, my answer would be: what are your goals in game. If you really like the game and you're in for the long haul go ahead.

And the topic of using the money, as everyone has said, there are tons of things you can do with your money, and spending it in game is one of them. I think it's more important to make sure that you have a cash buffer to tide you over 9 months as savings first, and make sure your expenses are all accounted for, then start pooling money for the R9 gear.

For me, every month I have a little game fund that I set aside, which I can use for games for whatever I want. Right now I'm contemplating the harpy. Your call really!

Most importantly, make sure you're happy with your purchase. Nothing else matters but your own financial security and happiness.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
    CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to thank everyone for their input. You all had some really good points. At the moment, it's really tempting to buy the General Summer Tokens with the r9 sale going on and that's the main reason I made this thread. However, I've decided to hold on to most of my money for now and try to merchant instead. I will inject some money into the game now while gold is still high and use that amount to build on. I already have an idea of the market. I can probably do a bit of farming on the weekends as well.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My input is this..

Save and farm and merchant the money cause PWI Anni should be coming up soon. Big big sales.

Is R9 worth it?...Im not 3rd cast yet but so far I would had been fine with full G16.

If u a barb i will say most op R9 barbs i see got 3rd cast gears and r8 recast weapon with awsome Def level rolls. you should have plently of time for merchanting and farming .
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Garsha - Dreamweaver
    Garsha - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok so you want your r9 +10 for pvp,tw.nw whateverf, but realise that unless you just want bragging rights th9ink abou t it, most of the pvpers are just throwing money after money to be any good. had a freind ta;king about going through 3 play guardian charms in one normal weeknight outside arch. so unless you want to spend the 5k bucks or so to get it all made and refined, all the gems and stuff AND then pay another 20bucks a night to play a free game there is no real point.

as far as the buying it in game or out of game there is no differencem it is just a question of how much your time is worth.

this is not in any way a complaint against pvpers btw, I appreciate yall guys. yall pay fpr a game I enoy playing
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dont warry about game.. it will still be here:) People talking how game will be shut down for several years now and instead of that we constantly have new contents, maps, classes are being improved... so this game will be here no warries:)

There is nothing wrong to put some money in your hobby. People have different hobbies they put they money in so who has right to tell you that its better to put money in new fishing rod then r9 gear here. Its your money to spend it how ever you like it.

My opinion is that is worth it, but be carefull how much you spent, and set yourselfe some rules. I know lot of people that got all gear with cash and after that they simply didnt had anything more to do in game and just quit. Farming will give you motivation and chalange to keep playing.

So get some and farm some. Find your own balance.

have happy time playing PWI b:victory
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just because they are adding stuff to the game, doesn't mean a shutdown isn't gonna happen. Despite Phantasy Star Universe(this game no longer exists) being a year behind the JP version in updates, they kept adding **** up until the last few months, and this was while refusing to make the game F2P.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just becouse some people say that game will shut down it doesnt mean it will actually happen.

There is no any indication that game will be shut down soon, so why would I belive othervise?

I dont know game you are talking about but what I can understand that was P2P game that didint want to swich to F2P, so dont se any relation to PWI, also I dont think PWI is adding ****.. I see the effort to emprove classes and instances.

So no need for "panic" button just yet.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My input is this..

Save and farm and merchant the money cause PWI Anni should be coming up soon. Big big sales.

Last year's sales were nothing to brag about, if I remember correctly.
    Here we go again....
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Last year's sales were nothing to brag about, if I remember correctly.

2011 = awesome sales

2012 = bad sales

2013 = bad sales so far

Black friday

2011 = +11, +12 sale if i recall correctly

2012 = mega rank sale

2013 = when is black friday again?