New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013

x3! Desdiiiii.
    Anyway....
    I leveled my frog from 80 to 100 today (don't ask I don't know either)
    and I feel really really bad for making you wait when talking about it, especially since it would take a while to get stars alone since they kinda helped level for a while so... so I am very heavily considering getting some cheinkun stones tomorrow so I can get the info for you in... three days maximum if I still suck at the instance and.... not almost a week. OTL ('cause I can't afford to get 90; that's really too much, yo~)

37 stars sounds nice :3 Kewl.

Take your time no need to rush! D:
    Chienkun stones are pretty expensive so I forbid you to use them! I'll just wait :3
    Do post some screenshots though, I'm curious to see the froggy in action b:laugh

As for the instance, I've been getting a steady ~820-850 credit. I don't have a particular pattern to activating the guards, I kinda go with whatever the situation calls for when the waves come around and it has worked so far lol. It depends a little on what waves you get and what special mobs pop.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Take your time no need to rush! D:
    Chienkun stones are pretty expensive so I forbid you to use them! I'll just wait :3
    I--wha--but--I--!!
    Yes, Desdi. >:

I just don't like talking about doing something for someone and then not being able to finish it until lots later because it feels like I'm being inconsistant and kasngagdn >:!!
    Do post some screenshots though, I'm curious to see the froggy in action b:laugh

As for the instance, I've been getting a steady ~820-850 credit. I don't have a particular pattern to activating the guards, I kinda go with whatever the situation calls for when the waves come around and it has worked so far lol. It depends a little on what waves you get and what special mobs pop.
    I'll be sure to post screenies~ :3
    I don't have summer sprint saged since I've never been able to even see the book in-game ever, and don't have a genie, so I'm not really fast enough to do the instance flawlessily I don't think until I really really have experience with it OTL
    I activated three guards today instead of two though D:!!....
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

I--wha--but--I--!!
    Yes, Desdi. >:

I just don't like talking about doing something for someone and then not being able to finish it until lots later because it feels like I'm being inconsistant and kasngagdn >:!!

I'll be sure to post screenies~ :3
    I don't have summer sprint saged since I've never been able to even see the book in-game ever, and don't have a genie, so I'm not really fast enough to do the instance flawlessily I don't think until I really really have experience with it OTL
    I activated three guards today instead of two though D:!!....

b:laugh

Mhm, I end up just spamming Holy Path instead. Even if I have speed as a Demon, I don't want to get caught in the wrong form D:

Summer Sprint seems to be a pretty rare book overall, I've seen it very few times myself.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I wold love to see is short video of the Harpy, curious to see her animations when she uses attacks.
    Someone make it happen, please? Youtube failed me b:cry .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    What I wold love to see is short video of the Harpy, curious to see her animations when she uses attacks.
    Someone make it happen, please? Youtube failed me b:cry .

I was working on one but then I Reshaped her so I need to record everything again with her new damage and all. I should be able to have a video up in a few days b:pleased
    edited June 2013
    I was working on one but then I Reshaped her so I need to record everything again with her new damage and all. I should be able to have a video up in a few days b:pleased

I can wait, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I got a 936 today, I missed a few monsters because I wasn't able to get the puffbird debuff on them in time.

I managed to kill the boss with this tactic:

Parasitic Nova the boss nearby the puffbird - this way you can quickly get all the debuffs on him
    Stunning Blow midway - this way the guards have more time to deal damage, you also have time to throw Amplify Damage on it
    Demon Frost Scarab right after or Nova again - more time for the guards to deal damage as well as yourself

The use of Holy Path is essential to catch up to the boss.
    This tactic is kinda luck-based since they don't have a 100% proc rate but it should work most of the time.
    You will need Cloud Eruption or some chi pot to have enough sparks.
    It can work for Sage Venomancers too, just won't have the Frost Scarab part.

I will keep using this and see how it goes.

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still keep getting negative scores on a daily base... The guards are just untargetable in PvE mode... I swear, if they ever take away out ability to get Stars even for a negative score before fixing it for PvE players, I'll be pretty pissed off... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Oh do you have video before you evolved the harpy? Would be nice to see both form. =)
    I still keep getting negative scores on a daily base... The guards are just untargetable in PvE mode... I swear, if they ever take away out ability to get Stars even for a negative score before fixing it for PvE players, I'll be pretty pissed off... b:surrender

Just keep that instance for the last thing you do in the day, turn PVP do it and go sleep or w/e, when you come back the day after you should be able to switch back PVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Oh do you have video before you evolved the harpy? Would be nice to see both form. =)

Sadly, no.
    I was too excited about leveling it to 100 and evolving that I completely forgot to actually record some stuff before doing it b:cry
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just keep that instance for the last thing you do in the day, turn PVP do it and go sleep or w/e, when you come back the day after you should be able to switch back PVE.

Sometimes our internet has unannounced maintenance at night... Would suck if I weren't able to do the instance before that... f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's a non-PK mode video for the PvE server venos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejRH0R5OOE
    It's not a perfect run, but close.

General notes:

Mobs:
    First Wave:
    Broken Dolls (Scorpions) - As long as you activate the first guard this wave should die with no problem.

Normal Waves:
    Come as either Fire or Physical Immune. Never trust the text from the game, always click on one of the mobs to see which immunity it has. The game is wrong fairly often and will have you switch to the wrong immunity if you foolishly trusted it b:cry.
    Teddy Bears - Recommend Max HP debuff from the puffbird. They are immune to the slow debuff but can be affected by the armor debuff.
    Kowlins - Recommend Slow debuff from the puffbird. They are immune to the Max HP debuff but can be affected by the armor debuff.
    Armored Bears - Recommend armor debuff. They are immune to the Max HP and slow debuffs.
    My guess is the teddy bears and kowlins really don't have any defense, so you shouldn't be debuffing their armor from the puffbird. This makes it clear which debuff is "proper" for each mob type.

Special Mobs:
    These seem to be immune to everything except the armor debuff from the puffbird. If you are keeping up on how many guards you have and cast the proper skill from your venomancer early enough, you should be able to safely ignore the Dino and the Cactus once you've casted Purge or Soul Degen. It is not necessary at all to debuff them from the puffbird.
    Blessed Dino - Needs to be purged.
    Cactus - Needs to be Soul Degeneration'ed.
    Turtle - Needs to be shot at by normal scarabs from your Venomancer since he is immune to almost all other damage types besides wood. An interesting thing to note was they gave this guy a high powered bless buff - presumably as strong as invoke for Barbs (90% damage reduction) - rather than a high HP count. If you are having difficulty killing him try to use Noxious Gas (Be mindful of what you hit with the AOE though). The spell itself won't be any more powerful than your other spells but Damage-Over-Time effects don't suffer any reduction from the bless buff. I believe even a weapon like TT99 or R8 might be enough to kill it if you just let the poison damage do its job. (Someone also recommended the cactus pet's wood attack. The cute froggy also has a wood attack. I think either should kill the turtle in one hit)
    Fox - Makes a beeline for the middle NPCs and then moves to exit straight from there. He doesn't get close enough for the puffbird to debuff. A single attack from an evolved pet is often enough to kill him, ranged pets like a cactus or eldergoth marksman may have an easier time since he is relatively fast. You can slow him with frost scarab. I think he does not have much in the way of physical defense, I have twice one-shotted him using Arcane Antimony.

Boss:
    Dinosaur - Can be debuffed by basically anything in your or the puffbird's arsenal, except for stun. He is not immune to any damage types so you don't have to worry about switching guards. I recommend to use all three of the puffbird's debuffs on him as they seem to last long enough that I have not seen them wear off. Just make sure not to overwrite any of the puffbird's debuffs with ironwood, myriad rainbow, frost scarab, arcane antimony, or a genie skill since your debuffs will wear off shortly.
    If you need help to affect him with all three debuffs I recommend either to hit him with Arcane Antimony before he reaches the puffbird so he is exceptionally slow or to Parasitic Nova/Stunning Blow him on top of the puffbird so he is stuck there for 8 seconds.

Non-PK mode considerations:
    The biggest problem is not being able to directly attack the guards to switch their damage types or the puffbird to switch his debuff. Instead you need to tab-target the invisible mob next to the guard/puffbird and cast an AOE on it. I brought a genie along with Earthquake and Whirlwind to provide me with extra AOEs in order to help me with this. (You can leave these skills at level 1 to lower the casting cost)
    There are two other consequences of this:
    1) You need to run much closer to the guards. This depends on the AOEs you choose to use, but Earthquake only hit a 10 meter radius around my veno, so I decided it was best to run right next to the guards.
    2) You need to remember which guard is doing what. Or be able to tell by just looking at the guard which damage type he is doing (Something I still can't do b:surrender). Because you don't actually click on the guard to attack him to switch his damage type, you won't see which icon he has.

Good luck to all the foxes out there.b:kiss b:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally got really good score today. 780 :p Ironically the thing that seems to work best for me is starting to activate guards backwards. lol

It's really not that much of a hard instance if you keep cool and are careful :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • vroumm
    vroumm Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    vroumm wrote: »

I want that so much b:dirty
    No luck in getting it so far, but I'm hoping.

Congrats though! Good to see it's not bound. I was afraid it would be I'm glad it isn't. Some Venomancers might want to sell it or trade it.

Can you post a screenshot of the way the skill looks? I'd assume it's a tiny squirrel but still curious.

@ Xainou - yeah o.o I think everyone has to find their own way of doing it. Video demonstrations help but in the end you have to find what works for you. I didn't follow any of the videos posted around here; found my own way of doing it.

@ Womansley - thanks o.o will add the video to my guide. It should help people out.
  • FireHowl - Harshlands
    FireHowl - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got a score of 818 today, and a Bless scroll f:cute
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't do the instance yet, so I don't really know anything about it... But doesn't that encourage venos to quickly FC to 100 and THEN level pets? I guess it's not necessary a bad thing, but it moves venos even more towards end-game, while it used to be easiest to keep pets the same level as you and level them with you. Or maybe I'm a bit behind and that is long gone already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't do the instance yet, so I don't really know anything about it... But doesn't that encourage venos to quickly FC to 100 and THEN level pets? I guess it's not necessary a bad thing, but it moves venos even more towards end-game, while it used to be easiest to keep pets the same level as you and level them with you. Or maybe I'm a bit behind and that is long gone already.

It's never been a bad thing to rush and then level some of the pets. Scorps, spiders, mantis's south of archosaur, and on the island north of it were both great for AoE'ing to get pets caught up. It's also got extremely valuable oils that they drop. After that is the OHT maps and mobs that drop card boss cards.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013

To be honest, it's easier to level pets when you hit lvl100 and you can go in VoS and grind there. It took me about ~10 hours in total grinding in VoS to level my Harpy from lvl1 to 100. It was done in 2 days, 5 hours each. Now we have Stars to feed pets with EXP too.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Though really you don't have to be 100 to open Valley of the Scarred, it's just easier to get the squads for the requisite quest instances (especially delta); all the past maps past OHT can theoretically be opened at level 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited July 2013
    Got a score of 818 today, and a Bless scroll f:cute

OMG luckyness! Congrats! I want that book! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vroumm
    vroumm Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you post a screenshot of the way the skill looks? I'd assume it's a tiny squirrel but still curious.

havent learned it yet, not sure if i will at all

how much do u think ppl would buy it for?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, when my faction mate got Bewitched (Tiger) from AEU, his price check got him replies of 50k and not worth anything, so don't count on being able to sell it high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, when my faction mate got Bewitched (Tiger) from AEU, his price check got him replies of 50k and not worth anything, so don't count on being able to sell it high.

That was quite a while after it was introduced. Atm this is extremely rare making it very valuable even if just for aesthetics.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Today, a guildmate mentioned to me that working from the last guard up worked well for her. I was scared to try it, but I did. It actually worked out amazing. It gave me time to switch the guard's attacks to what the mobs say. Towards the end i got a little asdfghjkl from running around, but I managed to get all but one guard activated. I do not remember if I had managed to kill the big boss, but the minis were mostly taken care of easily.

I got 800+ points, 22 ferals, but no skill :c when I was a bit nubbier, I had about 400+ and got Claw Scroll ;o Saving it for something, but tempted to try and sell...

Here is a picture~

http://tinypic.com/r/68y3ki/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
    edited July 2013

I think I found it some time back on a Chinese forum, it looks just like the all class squirrel. But I could be wrong, the google translate hurts my brain sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    That was quite a while after it was introduced. Atm this is extremely rare making it very valuable even if just for aesthetics.

^ this.
    I'm pretty sure there are people out there willing to pay for being among the first to have this skill, simply because it's rare right now.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vroumm wrote: »

werent you also the first one to get a pet skill book from it? you are extreme lucky, congratz!

i reach 800-1000 on 3 venos a day and didnt get anything yet b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Yeah no luck here either :(
  • Blood_Noir - Dreamweaver
    Blood_Noir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok now I know this is gonna be a stupid question, but my veno is not quite high enough to get into new solo instance just yet (94 and lvling fast f:fan) so i haven't been able to see for myself just yet.

when you attack the puffbird, he is suppose to change the debuff he uses on the mobs. does He display what debuff he is currently using somewhere on/near/around his name to make it easier to tell what debuff you have it set to?

I've looked up some of the veno videos, but i didn't notice anything like that. also does it just cycle through the available debuffs, so you have to keep hitting npc til the one you want comes up, or do you get to select with one you want manually?

sorry i'm noobish, just very curious about the instance and not a lot of guides/info about it on the forums just yet f:shame

p.s. if any of you know of a quick guide or reference to the new instance, I'd love to check it out if you know any good links