Do you think r9 is still worth it?

CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I've been playing PWI for 3 years now and always dreamed of getting r9rr for my psychic. I have all 3rd stage r9 molds and badges. Now that I'm out of college and have a job I have some disposable income after bills. I want to buy r9rr, but with the current decline in population I feel it will just be wasted money. I still really enjoy the game, even after trying out other popular MMO releases. I still come back to this game and it's easy for me to get hooked again. Do you guys think r9rr is still worth it in my case or should I save my money?
Post edited by CUTEandSOFT - Lost City on

Comments

• ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
    ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Save your money and WORK for R9 instead. (In game work)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That, just farm it in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Farming real life is more efficient than farming game. If its worth it or not is still a subjective determination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I don't know enough about you to know if you'd want to buy it or not. I will say that if you have extra money, and you feel like it, and you'd have fun, then who cares what you do? It's up to you, spend your disposable money however you see fit. Buy r9, preorder a PS4, go see a movie, it's all whatever.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do whatever you want with your money. Whether an in-game accomplishment is "worth it" or not is matter of your own personal opinion. Nothing anyone says on the forum can really change your feelings on it. I think you are better off putting that money in a savings account or maybe treating yourself to a fancy meal every so often. That's just my opinion, though.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Farming real life is more efficient than farming game. If its worth it or not is still a subjective determination.

Quoted for truth.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've farmed my r9 and am just about to finish farming my r9rr armor. It definitely feels great to achieve the goal rather than cashing it, but if you feel like csing I'd limit myself to something like 10-20/mo to stay in line with other p2p games.

It's very easy to get carried away with the "power" money buys you, especially if you earn a decent salary. Stay disciplined!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do as u wish with ur money. If u still have love for the game and want it and have the money to spend get it. Nobody here can decide what u should do with ur money. But if I had the money just to get it now I would, bc I dont see myself quitting anytime soon. Game is still fun for me. Do what makes u happy friend. Grats on school and gl with ur choiceb:victory
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When r9 first came to be, maybe yes it was worth it, but the state of the game, the lack of new people, the loss of others that have quit over the years, not so much worth it now. Farm if if anything if you want it that badly.

Buying it is like a lottery. It all depends on how long PW remains fruitful for paying bills, and after many MMOs over a 15 year period, I personally don't trust the longevity of the game to warrant the spending of that kind of money, but having said that, its your money to do as you please.

70 inch television.
    New pc build
    75 to 100 dvds
    Food for almost four months for a small family
    A couple of vacations to exotic places
    Down payment on a decent car
    Savings for a down payment on a future house
    Money put away for times of need
    Bills paid for a few months
    Necessities of life you can use now

Remember, when PW pulls the plug, r9rr +12 JoSD was only pixels on a screen and when all is said and done its gone.and gone forever. Do you want to be pro in a game for a little while, or contribute to the benefit of your life in the future? That is the question you need to ask yourself.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • easy2pleaseme
    easy2pleaseme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I have a few accnts & many IGNs 100+. I farmed my r9 gear mostly, & granted it did take considerably longer, my soon2be 105 r9 Cleric is far superior to even fully r8 s3 +12. Be careful about going hog wild w/ any spending spree & be wise w/ monies here, and have extraordinary fun farming the r9. With the right Faction & proper dedication, it is easy enough to accomplish.

Enjoy b:pleased
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In terms of the game, I do think it's worth it to get r9, BUT I don't really think it's worth it to straight up CS it. As someone else detailed earlier, there's a lot of other stuff you can buy that would be more beneficial to you overall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would wait for a server merge. If they merged your server, I would probably think is worth to cash shop.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, I'd only pay real cash for any R9s now, only if I was really desperate...

But I would say that what many others have already said here is truly the best bet for you Farming it now a days isn't as hard as it used to be, so if ya really wanted it you could always combine part of it as real cash for it, but do the rest of it as farming so you can save yourself some real coin....b:victory
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Buy it man. DO IT :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • venoids
    venoids Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when somehow the game is totaly end although its already dead by now, and u all can think about where r the money u spent? this game its not worth to spent a dollar also the prices are totaly stupidly ridic for just a game rofl n thats my awesome spiderman's instinct of opinion though.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your money, your choices.
    Whether R9 is worth it or not is something subjective and only you can decide. If you feel that you're still going to be around and playing for a pretty long time, then go ahead.
    If you're unsure about how much you'll be playing then I'd say save the money.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont think it has anything to do with declining players....

Anyway,

Now go spent your money on PWI and help to keep my game running !
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its up to you and how much you want that equipment.

When you have spare money, go ahead and buy the set. I wont suggest you to farm it, it will take way longer then working it out in RL for the money, but ofc you can spend your RL money on so many things, what you do with it, its up to you.

When you farm it, way more time will pass till you finally have it and dont let anyone tell you its easy and its done fast, its not. Its faster then it was when it was released, sure but it still take a long time till you have the set + weapon.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Note the past part of the above post - weapon.

Thats the hardest part of farming it, and hurts the most when "buying" it.

..And no, at this stage in the games life, spending 1500 bucks for R9 is not worth it. There's no guarantee the game will be around for more years to come.

800-900 of that can be used to buy you a better faster computer. The rest towards new games/consoles. Or even food..
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ultimately its your choice, I am not sure which server you are from. I spent money on game to get r999+11 but if I were given a choice to do it again I would not. Money is not a problem its pocket change for me but point is I got r999 for nothing since PvP on our server is dead and TW has been 1 sided for last few months.

So question is if you get r999 what use would it be for you?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got r999 for nothing since PvP on our server is dead and TW has been 1 sided for last few months.
    So question is if you get r999 what use would it be for you?

This is the same story in almost every server PK is dead, TW is 1 sided & ppl are mostly interested in Nation Wars. R9r3 is now just left for showing off that I'm R9R9. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP is dead at the moment except for various times, find those time slots and you will see pk. They are usually after certain events because thats when the most people are on still.

TW on Raging Tide used to be one sided... although that has seemed to flip from Vicious (for the last 2-3 seasons) to QQme (this season, atm)... The battles between these 2 factions have been 1 hour 30 minutes+ (to the full 3 hours even). This is hardly considered one sided, considering when Vicious dominated the TWs were 15-30 minute rolls... and can easily still flip the other direction on any given week. Vicious has been recruiting fairly hard, as can be figured from seeing the new members they have been picking up recently. And as a QQme member myself, I am truly hoping the battles start going back and forth as to the victors each week to keep more suspense as to the end season results. But dun tell my faction members that b:quiet b:avoid

As far as what gear to choose, enjoy the game and get what you feel is good for you. Do not worry about what others are doing or will say about your choices. Do not worry about the "blah blah blah game is dead" jibberish... Scroll back in the forums over the YEARS worth of threads as far back as you can scroll back... The game according to those threads "has been dead for years". And yet, here we are. Hearing the same "blah blah blah".

Me personally, I went R8r gears and Warsoul Recast weapon... Took me the T2 Nirvy Helm & Cloak... Cube Neck, Jungle Belt (the one you need jungle stones to make, not that cheap *** one), got the 300k rep JUST to get the R9 ring mind you (even though thats the only R9 piece I have or will get atm), gots me a 20 mgc and +1% crit tome, and an 87/100 genie with lots of fun stuff suited to my being a DEMON Psy. And tbh, there are plenty of R9rr geared that I own 1v1 or battles go back and forth with as far as who wins... I simply am designing my character to the stats and gears I want.

So do what tickles your **** the right way b:cute, it is your money... there are much worse things to spend it on... And it is all too likely you will enjoy this "dead game" another 4-5 years b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unitarium - Archosaur
    Unitarium - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys. i know its out topic but i dont have permissions to new threads.

Anyone could answer me please ?

About nirvana gear weapon grade 16.

I couldn't find ☆☆Spirit of Justice weapon grade 16.

Data base just show grade 15

☆☆Spirit of Justice ▼
    Type: Weapons
    Subtype: Polehammer
    Close Range
    LV. 15
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25659

How to know itens addons for this weapon when upgraded for g16 ?
  • Unitarium - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    I tried it. I got grade 15 stats :(
  • Unitarium - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to know grade 16 stats. when i upgrade to nirvana gear grade 16 how will be stats ?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I thought it was worth it I would have got it a long time ago and I been playing going on 5 years now,to me no it isn't worth it,unless I could get my money back for buying it,MMO's lack in the pro department of gaming unlike FPS shooters to where you can actually go pro make some cash flowb:laugh

Im waiting to see the next crush pwe does on its players that acquired such gears its going to be epic.

The only thing pushing for such gear is TW and NW..wow how cool.PVP is stank in this game and always has been due to its hefty cash shopping unbalance..but that's my 2 cents worth.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Unitarium - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Hey OldPop

Can you tell me stats for this armor when reached grade 16 ?

☆☆Spirit of Justice pls
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I never thought r9 was worth the cost of it, so I'd still say no.
    That being said, I guess if you are one of the ones who consider it the only end game option, farm it, don't cash shop it, like most people said.
    You'll get a much greater feeling of satisfaction for the amount of time/energy it will take to make your goal happen.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With chips on sale at 50% off it's approximately $2.40 USD per GST to outright purchase R9 with RL money. If I recall correctly it's 205 GST in total, so about $500 if you buy them all now. If you also need the medals and the rep... you can do that math yourself.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As most people have stated it is your decision.

I have known people to buy Rank 9 then quit the game after ( directly ). perhaps they just wanted to quit the game but couldn't until they felt they have completed it.

Also if you do Buy rank 9 items, where does it stop...
    After all rank 9 itself is not over powered, you will need refines and shards too.

so perhaps if you were to buy it, limit yourself to $50 a month so you can see your character grow.

Or just out right farm it.

I had alot of fun farming and gathering materials to make my R9 armour set.
    it took me just over 2 months as barb to finish it off.
    of course it is still a work in progress, I now have to make it r9.3 and refine and shard it.