Fix the damn login server for all of your games

Luxiouss - Harshlands
Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Support Desk
Your login servers have been working improperly for 4-5 days now. Any time you open a JD client or a PWI client u get no ping on every server and shows all are down. Takes at least 4-5 re opening the client and re trying before its connected.

PWE is a major corporation. If you can't protect yourself from a DDOS attack it shows why your programmers can't even fix simple aspects of the game.

You are failing at being a major company when people buy gold all day im sure you can pay someone to protect you from a DDOS

Before some1 says it is my internet

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/5539/9sn.png
Post edited by Luxiouss - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That screenshot hardly does say anything about your connection, ijs.

Also, it's a known issue and QQing about it will hardly make it get fixed faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    edited June 2013
    If your not stupid you can clearly see 2 JD clients open. 1 arden logged in other screen no ping PWI has ping.

Look before talking if you don't wanna be proven stupid as ****

It's just like how they knew AH is broken for TT items, but not even a maintenance last week to try and fix it. Shows you how their dev team works and fixes stuff instantly if gameplay is broken
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If u dont like it, you can leave it b:chuckle
    QQing wont get u anywhere
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Insults will get you nowhere here, especially when they are directed at frequent forumers.

Have you tried a trace-route to the login servers? It's possible one of your hops might be hanging, causing this to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Shows you how their dev team works and fixes stuff instantly if gameplay is broken

The dev team is in China, caring for other games too, ijs.

But eh, go on if you want to rage. I'm sure it will get stuff fixed faster...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Luxiouss - Harshlands
    edited June 2013
    Wouldnt need a insult if he didnt try to be a smartass without looking or using his head.

They can fix and implement their own things in this version of the game themself. I'm sure they have a team of programmers to at least do minor fixes. If not this is one fail company.

DDOS attacks don't happen in china they happen to their servers in Cali. I'm sure they have a programming team for their main office and servers. If they don't well we see why this company so ****
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had no problem to log or see servers online, so yes it could be on your side, the SS doesn't prove in anyway that your issue is on PWI side.

Also wrong section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    edited June 2013
    Here then for the people that think they know how stuff works

p7g.png

See how i ping google.ca and it comes back NP means google is not down and sending and receiving connections properly.

See when i ping pwi harshlands server?

Request timed out 4 times

meaning PWI aint receiving the packets im sending it but every other website in existence does.

Point proven its pwi side

I also play 2 pwe games and other games aren't working as well. I get 1 char logged into JD havent got other one logged in for a hour
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    They can fix and implement their own things in this version of the game themself. I'm sure they have a team of programmers to at least do minor fixes. If not this is one fail company.

Nope. They can't fix that kind of code like AH. But that's been known for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013

p7g.png

See how i ping google.ca and it comes back NP means google is not down and sending and receiving connections properly.

meaning PWI aint receiving the packets im sending it but every other website in existence does.

I also play 2 pwe games and other games aren't working as well. I get 1 char logged into JD havent got other one logged in for a hour

It could still be an issue with one of the hops from your computer to PWE's server. Which wouldn't be on either of you. A traceroute could help you determine that. Also there morai servers are the ones being DDOs, which they are working on. Dunno about JD, but you may want to check that forum and see if something similar is happening there. That information wouldn't be on this game's forum. Smaller game companies tend to have more problems with those than larger ones. And no they aren't the developers for this game. It's nothing to do with being fail, and has to do with international copyright laws. Anyway, moving this to technical suppot where you could get more help. You may also want to post a dxdiag and a speccy so that anyone who decides to help you has the information they need to determine what may be causing your issue.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just put yourself out of misery and rage quit. I've seen no issues logging in so it must be on your end or somewhere in between.

Calling people names and QQ'ing in the forums and spewing hate isn't going to do anything but make a fool out of yourself.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FYI, any direct request to PWE's servers is going to time out. That's why I was asking you to post a trace route to the server.

Why, you ask, does the direct ping time out? To prevent people DDoSing the server directly by pinging it constantly. It's the same with most other MMOs. Google has so many servers running that you would be hard-pressed to disrupt all of them at once, which is why they allow direct pings.

Now, can you please post a trace route?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Whenever u try to ping with PWI it will always show RTO, due to firewall of PWI. Run a traceroute to the PWI servers and see how the hops are going atleast you will get an idea.

1) In Vista/7, click on the Windows icon/Start > click on Search > type in "cmd"
    2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert pwieast2.perfectworld.com (You can also use any of the IP addresses to our servers listed below. Try several.)
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "pwieast2.perfectworld.com"
    3) Wait for the traceroute to complete.
    4) Right Click on the window
    5) Select the "Select all" option
    6) Hit "Enter"
    7) You will now be able to paste the text into your reply.
    8) Include what Internet Service Provider you are using and what part of the world you are trying to connect from.

Harshlands (PVP) pwieast1.perfectworld.com
    29000:74.201.183.20
    29000:74.201.183.17
    29000:74.201.183.18
    29000:74.201.183.19

This is my traceroute to PWI Raging Tide server
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\HOME>tracert pwieast3.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwieast3.perfectworld.com [74.201.183.67]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  (ISP)
      2    26 ms    24 ms    26 ms (ISP)
      3    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  ip-87-87-171-225.easynet.co.uk [87.87.171.225]
      4    37 ms    40 ms    39 ms  te0-10-0-0.er11.enslo.ov.easynet.net [89.200.135
    .83]
      5    51 ms    33 ms    33 ms  ae1.lon80.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.65.173]
      6   102 ms   102 ms   103 ms  xe-0-0-1.nyc32.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.184.194]
      7   108 ms   108 ms   108 ms  internap-gw.ip4.tinet.net [216.221.159.206]
      8   107 ms   107 ms   107 ms  border1.pc2-bbnet2.nyj001.pnap.net [216.52.95.73
    ]
      9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I have 4 mbps DSL connection (broadband) absolutely no issue to run the game all thou i experience lag and disconnection issue sometimes but that's not much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss