Unusually high drop rate from the new pack

Ssaassaa - Lost City
Ssaassaa - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
When i first checked the drop chances for the things on the net i first thought how bad, like all other packs, not much will drop.

BUT.

They drop unusually good, i mean not the new rare things, the standard old things.
Best Luck, DoD and Cupe Stamps often.
Warsong marshal badges and Sky covers also some.

I mean the relation of the amount of drops for the amount of packs opened is much higher for many people than at any other packs or what should normaly happen.

They changed the drop rates? Those shown on the net is wrong? Is something wrong with the packs?

What you see on the different servers?
Post edited by Ssaassaa - Lost City on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like an advertisement, I just see what I see every day, big csers opening packs, nothing new.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    everyone rushing to open new packs > more duke shouts.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Drop rates on packs have always sucked. This pack is even worse. I let others open the packs and buy the goods.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
    edited June 2013
    Drop rates on packs have always sucked. This pack is even worse. I let others open the packs and buy the goods.

shhhhh new packs are super lucky, YOU can get the new helm and win 1,000,000,000 coins!
  • Ssaassaa - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Thanks,
    At least not the usual flaming against pack openers.

But hope for statements from the people that often open packs to compare their results to past experiences and share their results.

Better or like always or even worse
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But hope for statements from the people that often open packs to compare their results to past experiences and share their results.

Better or like always or even worse

You could just look at the drop table.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/29376
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited June 2013
    You could just look at the drop table.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/29376

i think that his point is that he has the feeling that the packs have better drop rates than the ones stated in the page
    When i first checked the drop chances for the things on the net i first thought how bad, like all other packs, not much will drop.

BUT.

They drop unusually good, i mean not the new rare things, the standard old things.

They changed the drop rates? Those shown on the net is wrong? Is something wrong with the packs?
  • Ssaassaa - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Thanks.

But see above, i checked the rates before , and when i saw this its like the usual packs when it comes to drops.

Thats why the expectations were low.

But the ingame experience is another and not only for me.

Hope for more input, data how regular pack openers experience it ingame and how the amount of drops is for them compared to other packs. (example: amount of best luck tokens per 100 pack)

Better, as usual, or worse
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes I would agree it so far has been popping out a lot of best and lot the IMO useless bite of arch,but do not think anyone has gotten the helm in harshlands yet
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This pack is 6% to get a goody, others are at 2%~5% usually i think. Could be wrong, haven't dealt in packs over the past year. Too much trouble.
  • Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver
    Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have opened 550 snake packs.

So far (from what I remember) I have won:

1 Scroll of Tome

2 Diamond of Dragon

1 Stone of the Savant

1 Lunar Glade Winged Trophy

4 Handsome Prince Fashion Set

7 Fashion Weapon Tickets

14 Best Luck Tokens

5 Platinum HP Charms

5 Platinum MP Charms

And much more, I did not write it down before the servers went down, but there is more. I had fun, a lot of fun, opening packs today. I do think the drop rate is higher, OR maybe I am on a good luck streak.

R9rrr weapon originally made had 56 attack levels,

My very first reroll 65 attack levels.

b:pleased
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guy on HT got 1 confirmed SoT after 60packs and another rumored SoT later on. Something deffinetly seems funky about these, all the catshops are sold out of them, maybe its because so many people are opening them that the table keeps looping through items b:laugh
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rancoroustwo - Dreamweaver
    Rancoroustwo - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am going to agree with what my friend stated to me that the charge rewards was ending yesterday, so a lot of people was taking advantage of it buy zenning more and buying the packs. Hence, more duke shouts on my server being annoying.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    must be some high drop rate in packs,lastnight people racking up5mill tokens like nothing and god knows whatelse they were lucking out on in the process.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the high drop rate suddenly ended, we know it was fixed during last nights update.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man, hasn't Perfect World China, sorry, I mean haven't players learned anything to pray on sucks for the Random Number Generator bull****, I mean come on. 0.0X is barely to a whole number and 0.00X barely to 100 per cent
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2013

After all these years the drop rates are still ****.

94 Per Cent for Perfect Token of Luck and the rest is like 0.0X and 0.00X

I don't know what goes through players brains sometimes.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    O.o does the luck only come with this latest pack because I saved up coin to buy myself 50 of an older type only to get tokens within them. Sure its a gamble but I'd have least wanted to get 1 token of best luck. So I still maintain the pack drop rates suck unless people by loads of them.

Of course, we should know everyone is aiming for the Crown before anything else. HT people are so anxious to either buy or see if anyone acquired it. Nothing yet so far - its more for the Princess fashion and Void Panther. So mystery solved as why this pack is always sold out in solds b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess the concept of server counts, which is what all these drop rates are based on, is lost ..............

The rates for the packs are not high, it is the fact that everyone on the server is popping them at the same time all day to get the new helm. The server count on the pack is being met more often, more **** is coming out of them.

Game mechanics people.........Game mechanics..........
    edited June 2013
    I guess the concept of server counts, which is what all these drop rates are based on, is lost ..............

The rates for the packs are not high, it is the fact that everyone on the server is popping them at the same time all day to get the new helm. The server count on the pack is being met more often, more **** is coming out of them.

Game mechanics people.........Game mechanics..........

and what, pray tell, is a server count
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Somebody has a weird idea of how an RNG works, and efficient use of it.

However, on topic, at 94% tokens (and thus 6% non-token rewards), the snake fortune pack actually does have a better drop rate for non-token rewards than most other packs, which typically were 97%+ tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love me some hearsay and "I know a person that..." threads. Seriously, if I had a nickel for every time someone said "I know what the database said, but..." I'd be able to afford a fancy meal.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited June 2013
    I love me some hearsay and "I know a person that..." threads. Seriously, if I had a nickel for every time someone said "I know what the database said, but..." I'd be able to afford a fancy meal.

but it feeels differentb:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has 6% to get something other than tokens, the previous packs were all hovering around 3%, 2%. Of course this pack is dropping better. Now stop being stupid.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I disagree that these packs are 94% tokens. The actual goodies if you compare with other packs that do not contain fashion, this pack has 96.2% stuff that is useless.

Scroll of tome is 0.01% in anni packs, while the rest of the packs it is 0.00X%.

On the surface these packs may look good, but for most parts it doesn't really have anything that would make this lucky.

Only difference in this pack against the rest, it has an item that is not available in any other form in the game and that item is an endgame item.
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    opened 1000 of them and got ****